Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,129 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:41 AM

Kimberly Anyadike, The Youngest Female Pilot (Black) - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Kimberly Anyadike, The Youngest Female Pilot (Black) (56994 Views)

Captain Chinyere Kalu; Meet The First Nigeria Female Pilot / Joan Obasi - Arik's Female Pilot / Captain Hadiza Lantana Oboh, Nigeria Airways’ First & Only Female Pilot (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kimberly Anyadike, The Youngest Female Pilot (Black) by Abbeyme: 7:31pm On Aug 02, 2015
Many of us find ourselves pushed to have low standards for our children.

The saddest part of it all is that our kids have abilities that we may never have even thought possible.

This young lady shows us what our kids can do when we set the bar high, please take a look.

For the video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-gvDJ48VRk

Source: http://ifeadinmesi.com/15-year-old-igbo-girl-kimberly-anyadike-becomes-the-youngest-black-female-pilot-to-fly/

24 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Kimberly Anyadike, The Youngest Female Pilot (Black) by enoqueen: 7:33pm On Aug 02, 2015
A look at what?

Ok. I don see am now.
God bless her.

7 Likes

Re: Kimberly Anyadike, The Youngest Female Pilot (Black) by shonupe(f): 7:35pm On Aug 02, 2015
Inspiring

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kimberly Anyadike, The Youngest Female Pilot (Black) by Abbeyme: 7:35pm On Aug 02, 2015
enoqueen:
A look at what?

Look above

2 Likes

Re: Kimberly Anyadike, The Youngest Female Pilot (Black) by chaberry(m): 7:39pm On Aug 02, 2015
Asa nwa, Biafran girl

37 Likes

Re: Kimberly Anyadike, The Youngest Female Pilot (Black) by signature2012(m): 7:39pm On Aug 02, 2015
Good news.
Re: Kimberly Anyadike, The Youngest Female Pilot (Black) by coolebux(m): 7:48pm On Aug 02, 2015
Nwa bara uru. chineke gbaa gi ume Amen +

60 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kimberly Anyadike, The Youngest Female Pilot (Black) by BRIGHTTAZ: 7:56pm On Aug 02, 2015
Dats my lil igbo super star

60 Likes

Re: Kimberly Anyadike, The Youngest Female Pilot (Black) by Nobody: 8:04pm On Aug 02, 2015
I Have always said it.. I won't FORCE my children to go to the University.. I will encourage and support them in the dream they chose...

Over sabi people go want attack me buh it's welcome...

82 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Kimberly Anyadike, The Youngest Female Pilot (Black) by Abbeyme: 8:09pm On Aug 02, 2015
fighal:
I Have always said it.. I won't FORCE my children to go to the University.. I will encourage and support them in the dream they chose...

Over sabi people go want attack me buh it's welcome...

I seriously respect this opinion!

64 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kimberly Anyadike, The Youngest Female Pilot (Black) by Abbeyme: 9:02pm On Aug 02, 2015
coolebux:
Nwa bara uru.
chineke gbaa gi ume
Amen +

Hmmmm

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kimberly Anyadike, The Youngest Female Pilot (Black) by Nobody: 9:22pm On Aug 02, 2015
kiss

4 Likes

Re: Kimberly Anyadike, The Youngest Female Pilot (Black) by Nobody: 9:54pm On Aug 02, 2015
Money speaking.

3 Likes

Re: Kimberly Anyadike, The Youngest Female Pilot (Black) by Nobody: 12:47am On Aug 04, 2015
Justwise this piece no deserve FP? Ishilove Lalasticlala how market
Re: Kimberly Anyadike, The Youngest Female Pilot (Black) by NaLaugh: 6:22am On Aug 04, 2015
That's really great, her parents must be proud.
I'm about to start working on my PPL (private pilot license), as well. I have no intention to go beyond that to get a commercial pilot license though.

A few observations with this. First off, she is not yet a pilot, as you have to be 17 here before you can get a PPL (she said it too), so this thread title is inaccurate. In other words, if she loses interest in flying between now and her 17th birthday, then she'll not get a license - which is when you become a pilot.

Getting a PPL does not mean she'll be able, or allowed to fly a private jet or commercial craft, either. A PPL only trains and licenses you to fly single engine light crafts, like the one seen in the video.

Second, the CNN anchor kept saying she flew "solo," which is incorrect. To fly solo means you fly alone in the aircraft.
However, you must be at least 16 to fly solo . The legendary Tuskegee airmen were with her on the flight.

That said, none of the facts I've pointed out takes anything away from the awesomeness of her feat so far. I guess the main big deal with this is that she's a 15 yr old black girl, and the distance of 7k miles she covered.

Awesome little girl.

95 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kimberly Anyadike, The Youngest Female Pilot (Black) by NaLaugh: 6:53am On Aug 04, 2015
shinarambo1:
Money speaking.

Not necessarily. You can learn to fly a plane here, AND even fly it on your very first day for as little as $130. Of course, there'll be an instructor by your side in the co-pilot seat.
Regular daily flight lesson rates around me are typically between $150-200. You don't have to commit to anything, and can go for flight lessons whenever you have some more cash. Your flight hours are logged, and these add up.

5 Likes

Re: Kimberly Anyadike, The Youngest Female Pilot (Black) by Tonniey(m): 9:02am On Aug 04, 2015
Ok

1 Like

Re: Kimberly Anyadike, The Youngest Female Pilot (Black) by MistaHumble(m): 9:02am On Aug 04, 2015
Thnmbs up girl... Great courage

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kimberly Anyadike, The Youngest Female Pilot (Black) by mickyeddi(m): 9:02am On Aug 04, 2015
Nice one girl, We must remember that one determined person can make a significant difference, and that a small group of determined people can change the course of history in this country.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kimberly Anyadike, The Youngest Female Pilot (Black) by Ddonoflife(m): 9:03am On Aug 04, 2015
We r getting dere
Re: Kimberly Anyadike, The Youngest Female Pilot (Black) by Icon4s(m): 9:03am On Aug 04, 2015
Wonderful. Immediately I saw "...female..." i knew d part of d country she must definitely come from.

Umu nwanyi Igbo amaka.
Keep doing Nigeria proud little sis.

21 Likes

Re: Kimberly Anyadike, The Youngest Female Pilot (Black) by Walrosk(m): 9:04am On Aug 04, 2015
That sounds cool to hear

1 Like

Re: Kimberly Anyadike, The Youngest Female Pilot (Black) by hotgunz(m): 9:04am On Aug 04, 2015
I knw but I cant never never never fly in a plane that ds girl s d pilot......wat u wan take ur life do kite? shocked
Re: Kimberly Anyadike, The Youngest Female Pilot (Black) by jmoore(m): 9:05am On Aug 04, 2015
Nice one

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kimberly Anyadike, The Youngest Female Pilot (Black) by koikoi2(m): 9:05am On Aug 04, 2015
check out very well she's not from a poor family.

1 Like

Re: Kimberly Anyadike, The Youngest Female Pilot (Black) by shaboti: 9:05am On Aug 04, 2015
Nice
Re: Kimberly Anyadike, The Youngest Female Pilot (Black) by VickyRotex(f): 9:05am On Aug 04, 2015
NaLaugh:
That's really great, her parents must be proud.
I'm about to start to working on my PPL (private pilot license), as well. I have no intention to go beyond that to get a commercial pilot license though.

A few observations with this. First off, she is not yet a pilot, as you have to be 17 here before you can get a PPL (she said it too), so this thread title is inaccurate. In other words, if she loses interest in flying between now and her 17th birthday, then she'll not get a license - which is when you become a pilot.

Getting a PPL does not mean she'll be able, or allowed to fly a private jet or commercial craft, either. A PPL only trains and licenses you to fly single engine light crafts, like the one seen in the video.

Second, the CNN anchor kept saying she flew "solo," which is incorrect. To fly solo means you fly alone in the aircraft.
However, you must be at least 16 to fly solo . The legendary Tuskegee airmen were with her on the flight.

That said, none of the facts I've pointed out takes anything away from the awesomeness of her feat so far. I guess the main big deal with this is that she's a 15 yr old black girl, and the distance of 7k miles she covered.

Awesome little girl.

Thank you!!!
Nice Analysis!

@post:She started training at the age of 12, wow!

Her dream is also to become a Cardiovascular Surgeon! smiley kiss

Go girl, you've gat all it takes! kiss kiss kiss

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Couple On Power Bike Killed With One Other After Fatal Accident. Graphic Photos / Man Rams Into A Herd Of Cows In Yenagoa With His Car (Photos) / Alaba Businessman Dies With Wife After Driving Off A Bridge. PICS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.