Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,153 members, 7,815,023 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:16 AM

Pastor Adeboye Under-fire For 3km Auditorium - Religion (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Adeboye Under-fire For 3km Auditorium (46280 Views)

Inside The 100,000 Seat Auditorium Bishop Oyedepo Is Planning To Build / Pastor Adeboye Dedicates RCCG New Auditorium / Pastor Adeboye Under Fire Over Multi-billion Naira 3km Auditorium (2013 news) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Adeboye Under-fire For 3km Auditorium by sonymerlot: 9:57pm On Aug 13, 2013
Ayobase

I approached Redeemed in 2009 but was not given a chance! As at then, i had few promising ideas and i met with the guy in charge of that one estate under construction far behind the auditorium. He was one not too tall but thick and black....as in dudu. Of course, he said he will get back to me and he never did. He explained how Redeem Church have a way of financing projects through their OWN Bank!
Re: Pastor Adeboye Under-fire For 3km Auditorium by tunergy(m): 9:57pm On Aug 13, 2013
Your politicians steal money and stash same in different accounts offshore, they give jobs to unqualified girlfriends while you all wallow in poverty. Even when the billions they have stolen is exposed your courts will ask them to pay a fine of N3000 and that is all.
Continue to castigate those who plans for you o!
Alaini'nka se Omo tin Ku lojo sunaa.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Under-fire For 3km Auditorium by Nobody: 10:00pm On Aug 13, 2013
[color=#990000][/color]Give and it shall be given Unto u...so says the Christian Bible. If the church needs billions of Naira notes.. they should simply give out billions of Naira...Religion the single most important risk factor for mental retardation
Re: Pastor Adeboye Under-fire For 3km Auditorium by jaybossYBNL(m): 10:05pm On Aug 13, 2013
idnoble135: I expect people to quote me but i seriously dont care! And this is my personal opinion.
Its not a surprise that many eyebrows are being raised over this. I think it would be abnormal if he(Pastor Adeboye) did not expect
this kind of reaction.
The rant on social and mass media can go on but i have the feeling that it would not stop the building.
He did not compel people to give. If he wants to expand the church, how is it your business? If you would not give, that would not stop anything being done.
I am not a redeemed member. But my concern is why everything about any church attracts this kind of attention. Knowing that the church fund is comprised of what is given by members. The figure spent by a political party for the last convention is way bigger than this and no one batted an eyelid. I think without the church, some media corporations and blog would die down.
So, every one can shout and rant as much as they want to, everyone would keep quiet when they are tired. Its a matter of next year before the church would be dedicated.
Finally, i know if most of you were alive, you would have equally blasted Solomon for spending a great deal of gold, silver, precious stones, cedar etc building a temple that took a whooping seven years to build because of its complex architectural design. You would have organized protest calling it a waste. Maybe you would have insulted him on facebook, twitter, nairaland, you name it... But God was pleased with Solomon and appeared to him right after the dedication. And there were still poor people in the land. Even Jesus said, "The poor you will always
have with you, but you will
not always have me". Mathew 26:11. Letting us know that helping the poor is important but not as kingdom and its expansion.
If this is not of God, be rest assured that it would fail. But, if this be of God, one million devils and one million Boko haram can not stop it. Acts 5:38-39.
I rest my case.
true talk, i like this, the millions spent on this political parties are tax payers money yet they cant do anything about it.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Adeboye Under-fire For 3km Auditorium by Nobody: 10:17pm On Aug 13, 2013
@mr adeniran genesis 12vs3 I will bless those
who bless you, and
whoever curses you I
will curse; and all
peoples on earth will
be blessed through ...
May u ask God 2 4give u dat fire wil not afflict u 4rm generation 2 genetn abi u be God that pas judgement am also at the programe i pray also dat RCCG auditorium becomes times 4, cause is geting quite unconfortable space. SHAME TO THE DEVIL mr adeniran and ko ... keep it up and get fire under ur next ...infinity generation
JESUS! pls help me hail JESUS more.. I think am blessed the more by GOD. U
Arthropoda mentality. REPENT!
Re: Pastor Adeboye Under-fire For 3km Auditorium by Ayoakinkahunsi(m): 10:18pm On Aug 13, 2013
Huh
I can imagine people spending much on churches and never make heaven
I beg
Complain go plenty for heaven

1 Like

Re: Pastor Adeboye Under-fire For 3km Auditorium by Ayoakinkahunsi(m): 10:19pm On Aug 13, 2013
Huh
I can't imagine people spending much on churches and never make heaven
I beg
Complain go plenty for heaven
Re: Pastor Adeboye Under-fire For 3km Auditorium by Nobody: 10:20pm On Aug 13, 2013
lamlard: @mr adeniran genesis 12vs3 I will bless those
who bless you, and
whoever curses you I
will curse; and all
peoples on earth will
be blessed through ...
May u ask God 2 4give u dat fire wil afflict u 4rm generation 2 genetn abi u be God that pas judgement am also at the programe i pray also dat RCCG auditorium becomes times 4, cause is geting quite unconfortable space. SHAME TO THE DEVIL mr adeniran and ko ... keep it up and get fire under ur next ...infinity generation
JESUS! pls help me hail JESUS more.. I think am blessed the more by GOD. REPENT!

Is this the gospel Jesus preached , to send fire on your enemies ?

Well guess what , your curse is causeless and will fail.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Under-fire For 3km Auditorium by UyiIredia(m): 10:24pm On Aug 13, 2013
I strongly disagree with some persons on some things but I do agree spending in this country is too lopsided in favour of religious, in particular Christian, ambitions. #10 billion for an auditorium ! One wonders how many kids primary schooling will be catered for with that amount. Or the wondrous works 0.1% of the proposed sum could do if invested into R&D with respect to Nigerian needs eg flooding, desertification, water supply problems etc.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Adeboye Under-fire For 3km Auditorium by penny01502: 10:29pm On Aug 13, 2013
ayobase: Under fire for what?
I don't get it.

That someone without a criminal record can't pay such amount of money indicates how shallow ur mind is financially...SMH....in this country where we have silent billionaire?

One thing people of shallow minds still fail to know or understand is that it takes nothing to become billionaire if you know the secret.....GIVING, and most especially to the works of God.

I don't see this as any scam. Bab Adeboye started from 1 billion naira and stopped at 100 naira. Just do according to ur power or u simply put God to test.

From what I read so, I didn't see anywhere he was trying to cajole people into paying. He just said it as it is!

Nothing like "give and it shall be given unto u. God will bless u in folds" and the likes to hoodwink as some of NLers will say!

Obe to dun, owo lo pa of course!

Dey there make pant dey wear u while others are giving financial breakthroughs testimony!
shut up my friend!
Re: Pastor Adeboye Under-fire For 3km Auditorium by webbjamie(m): 10:30pm On Aug 13, 2013
frosbel: Can Adeboye ensure that there is not ONE needy person among his church members before he embarks on this multi-billion naira project to build a 3-km Long Church Auditorium.

This is madness, building more and more edifices while our people are almost dying of hunger, a classical case of taking money from the needy and using it to build babels to the glory of MAN. Reminds me of India who are investing in more weapons of mass destruction when 60% of their people starve, talk of misplaced priorities.

Do not give a penny to this project , pay your rent, bills , feed your children and then give to the poor and needy around you. Go to the Lord in prayer before you donate a penny, I am sure there are worthier causes all around us.

People, it is time you follow JESUS and stop enriching MEN and their dreams. You do not need to go to a specific place to find Jesus, if we have the Spirit , he is always present for he has said " I will never leave you or forsake you ".

Free yourselves from MEN, follow JESUS, on judgement day Adeboye will not save you or stand in for you, on judgement day RCCG will not save you, now is the time to do the right thing and go back to new testament Christianity.

There is still some grey matter in this one's skull.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Under-fire For 3km Auditorium by Nobody: 10:31pm On Aug 13, 2013
@frosbel a text mising that fire will (NOT)
Re: Pastor Adeboye Under-fire For 3km Auditorium by Shekson(m): 10:48pm On Aug 13, 2013
Imagine the orientation we now have I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ Naija. The only item dat people see as quantifying God's blessing is money. An average Nigerian sees a rich man as having more God's blessings than a poor man. I keep shaking my head to dis mentality. You all don't know wat God's blessings are.
I am not rich but I know I am blessed.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Under-fire For 3km Auditorium by ayobase(m): 10:54pm On Aug 13, 2013
sony.merlot:
Ayobase

I approached Redeemed in 2009 but was not given a chance! As at then, i had few promising ideas and i met with the guy in charge of that one estate under construction far behind the auditorium. He was one not too tall but thick and black....as in dudu. Of course, he said he will get back to me and he never did. He explained how Redeem Church have a way of financing projects through their OWN Bank!

Atleast u did ur part!
They must have figured it out evetually.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Under-fire For 3km Auditorium by NaLaugh: 10:57pm On Aug 13, 2013
ayobase: Under fire for what?
I don't get it.

That someone without a criminal record can't pay such amount of money indicates how shallow ur mind is financially...SMH....in this country where we have silent billionaire?

One thing people of shallow minds still fail to know or understand is that it takes nothing to become billionaire if you know the secret.....GIVING, and most especially to the works of God.

I don't see this as any scam. Bab Adeboye started from 1 billion naira and stopped at 100 naira. Just do according to ur power or u simply put God to test.

From what I read so, I didn't see anywhere he was trying to cajole people into paying. He just said it as it is!

Nothing like "give and it shall be given unto u. God will bless u in folds" and the likes to hoodwink as some of NLers will say!

Obe to dun, owo lo pa of course!

Dey there make pant dey wear u while others are giving financial breakthroughs testimony!

GIVING i see. hmmm.., no wonder Nigeria suffers from a peculiar case of excess billionaire citizens.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Under-fire For 3km Auditorium by Smooyis(m): 11:31pm On Aug 13, 2013
JUDGE NOT! AND TOUCH NOT MY PROPHETS......................................
Re: Pastor Adeboye Under-fire For 3km Auditorium by Nobody: 11:32pm On Aug 13, 2013
luvmijeje: 1 billion naira! Anybody that drop that money should be jail. I'm very sure that money was stolen.
see what poverty has done to you?
Re: Pastor Adeboye Under-fire For 3km Auditorium by MomohLawal: 11:51pm On Aug 13, 2013
Category z . Let me donate my usual #50 it carries more blessing than the ill gotten billion, million naira.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Adeboye Under-fire For 3km Auditorium by Nobody: 11:54pm On Aug 13, 2013
idnoble135:
see what poverty has done to you?

"Those who mock the poor insult their Maker; those who rejoice at the misfortune of others will be punished" - Proverbs 17:5

smiley

1 Like

Re: Pastor Adeboye Under-fire For 3km Auditorium by Nobody: 11:58pm On Aug 13, 2013
frosbel:

"Those who mock the poor insult their Maker; those who rejoice at the misfortune of others will be punished" - Proverbs 17:5

smiley
lol... My beloved brother is still here.. That scripture does not relate to me. What i typed was not mockery but silent rebuke... cool
Re: Pastor Adeboye Under-fire For 3km Auditorium by brilapluz(m): 12:00am On Aug 14, 2013
vanhelsing: The western world gives unSparingly to worthy causes,research and charity.our people would rather give their last penny for God's work solely for the expectation of abundant blessings.Yet we are all beneficiaries of the western world's benevolence...You can have malaria now and rush to the nearest pharmacy to get an antidote(product of a research that was funded by someone who never knew you)..poverty is indeed a curse when u give only because you think that's the secret of receiving more and not for the futherance of humanity..I wonder why the bill and melinda gates foundation still give to a country where 1 man can give 100 million to causes that does not have a positive impact on humanity.

A BILLION LIKESSSSS...THUMBS UP!!!

1 Like

Re: Pastor Adeboye Under-fire For 3km Auditorium by Nobody: 12:00am On Aug 14, 2013
idnoble135:
lol... My beloved brother is still here.. That scripture does not relate to me. What i typed was not mockery but silent rebuke... cool

There should not be a needy person among us because those of us who have should help those of us who do not have .

To speak to a brother in such a way is actually arrogance with a condescending attitude.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Under-fire For 3km Auditorium by StOla: 12:01am On Aug 14, 2013
The same people praying that God should channel the millions and billions through them to erect this edifice have never said such prayers when they see people in need of funds for a heart or kidney operation. The most they would utter is "what a pity! or God why?"

As most have unknowingly revealed from their posts of their true intentions for such church donations, it is law of sowing, and as such it is to satisfy their greed to reap returns. Therefore the girl with the heart condition in Luth appealing to Gov Obi of Anambra can not expect anything tangible from these manner of Christians, she is not Christ nor is she the church they falsely reason, and the parable of the Lord at judgement and those who fed/clothed/haboured the least of their brothers means nothing to these carnal generation.

How many of these potential billionaire/millionaire donors are ready to give same huge amounts 4 a charitable cause where reward is only obtainable in heaven?
How many are owing their employees salary and bonuses, depriving the labourers of their just wage but willing to expend on structures?
How many have even paid their domestic utility bills and taxes, cheating the government of funds that could be used to provide more for all and sundry, like roads that will lead to this edifice?
How many have only recently replied an indigent relation who needs to take care of a sick child that "things are really tight for me now", yet at daddy G.O's behest are ready to provide millions, even praying to be blessed so as to channel such blessings to a structure? Note that they never prayed to be blessed to help the sick child on TV or a homeless mother with triplets to cater for.

A man who can give N1billion for church structure in hopes of reaping more in returns is a wise investor but a soul-less Christian. I urge henceforth, if there is any among you in need of funds for health or economic issues, you'll be wise to have daddy G.O feature in your TV appeal, he alone knows how to touch the heart of the Nigerian Christian, such that they even pray to be blessed so as to contribute.

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Adeboye Under-fire For 3km Auditorium by olite93(m): 12:03am On Aug 14, 2013
Let d will of God b done. 100% percent in support of the project. Even if daddy gvs out dis 1bn 2 d poor, ppl will talk. The poor will always be dere. My bros and sis' let's not condemn a man of God. Rememba, he is an ordained man of God. Don't invite d wrath of God by sayin shits abt a man of God. He aint forcing yu 2 don8. You may call him a business man. But who is wiser, the man who gives 1bn and gets 10bn in return or d man who keeps and spends his own 1bn? Just be wise.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Under-fire For 3km Auditorium by Nobody: 12:03am On Aug 14, 2013
frosbel:

There should not be a needy person among us because those of us who have should help those of us who do not have .

To speak to a brother in such a way is actually arrogance with a condescending attitude.

No sir. It could be your view and not mine. A sentence could have diverse interpretations. Dont put words in my mouth pls. I meant no such! If i wanted to mock, i'd do that like i really meant it. Dont twist my words.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Under-fire For 3km Auditorium by OmoAdio: 12:04am On Aug 14, 2013
My take on this is simple. Money should be raised to cater for the needy in the country. Why can't Redeemed Church fix that bad portion of the road right in front of Redemption Camp main gate on Lagos/Ibadan Expressway where motorists spend longest hours trying to maneuver their way? The raised funds could be channeled into this road rehabilitation, on CSR course. Comrade Debo Adeniran of CACOL is a dodged fighter of corruption, however, he meant well for the county and so he shouldn't be criticized for his action. It's high time our religious institions separated hard-earned income from corruption-laden offerings. I just read The internationally revered man of God, Peter Akinola's interview where he criticized the Jet-flying Nigerian men of God for encouraging corrupt practices.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Under-fire For 3km Auditorium by Nobody: 12:04am On Aug 14, 2013
olite93: Let d will of God b done. 100% percent in support of the project. Even if daddy gvs out dis 1bn 2 d poor, ppl will talk. The poor will always be dere. My bros and sis' let's not condemn a man of God. Rememba, he is an ordained man of God. Don't invite d wrath of God by sayin shits abt a man of God. He aint forcing yu 2 don8. You may call him a business man. But who is wiser, the man who gives 1bn and gets 10bn in return or d man who keeps and spends his own 1bn? Just be wise.

Every believer is an anointed woman or man of God.

btw, watch the foul language.

wink
Re: Pastor Adeboye Under-fire For 3km Auditorium by Nobody: 12:07am On Aug 14, 2013
frosbel:

Every believer is an anointed woman or man of God.

btw, watch the foul language.

wink
we might be anointed all thesame but we do not carry the same kind and level of anointing. In a way, i agree with that. And in a way i disagree.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Under-fire For 3km Auditorium by kayustones: 12:14am On Aug 14, 2013
Wetin concern una sef. Why don't you leave the man alone and let those who know that God is the source of their wealth give as they have been giving to get much more as they have been getting back from God.

Those who are saying he should give his money to the poor should also give theirs too. Lo ba tan
Re: Pastor Adeboye Under-fire For 3km Auditorium by Obi1kenobi(m): 12:22am On Aug 14, 2013
If only wealthy Nigerians that loot our public coffers dry could be as steadfast as tithers in donating their money to the needy, what a change this cursed nation would witness. If only all that money spent on tithes was spent on actualizing the dreams of visionaries, what a country of teeming, rising entrepreneurs this would be. Others export technology and intellectual products round the world, Nigeria exports church branches all over.

G.Os who are demi-gods among their subservient followers cruise arouund in their jets and convoys, living like looting politicians while the majority live in squalor. They carefully market the "breakthroughs" of a few testimony givers while continuously leeching off the majority who would never have such breakthroughs no matter how much of their little tithes they squander on the church. What a mass scam.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Under-fire For 3km Auditorium by Nobody: 12:28am On Aug 14, 2013

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Funke Adejumo's UK Ban: Daddy Freeze, Adelaja & Mayowa Are Too Small To Ban Rev. / Who Is The Best Nigerian Gospel Artiste? (Pictures) / Sunday Morning Sex As Couple Before Going To Church. Is It A Sin?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.