Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,788 members, 7,831,548 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:42 PM

Pastor Adeboye Under-fire For 3km Auditorium - Religion (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Adeboye Under-fire For 3km Auditorium (46330 Views)

Inside The 100,000 Seat Auditorium Bishop Oyedepo Is Planning To Build / Pastor Adeboye Dedicates RCCG New Auditorium / Pastor Adeboye Under Fire Over Multi-billion Naira 3km Auditorium (2013 news) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Adeboye Under-fire For 3km Auditorium by seed247: 12:33am On Aug 14, 2013
frosbel: Can Adeboye ensure that there is not ONE needy person among his church members before he embarks on this multi-billion naira project to build a 3-km Long Church Auditorium.

This is madness, building more and more edifices while our people are almost dying of hunger, a classical case of taking money from the needy and using it to build babels to the glory of MAN. Reminds me of India who are investing in more weapons of mass destruction when 60% of their people starve, talk of misplaced priorities.

Do not give a penny to this project , pay your rent, bills , feed your children and then give to the poor and needy around you. Go to the Lord in prayer before you donate a penny, I am sure there are worthier causes all around us.

People, it is time you follow JESUS and stop enriching MEN and their dreams. You do not need to go to a specific place to find Jesus, if we have the Spirit , he is always present for he has said " I will never leave you or forsake you ".

Free yourselves from MEN, follow JESUS, on judgement day Adeboye will not save you or stand in for you, on judgement day RCCG will not save you, now is the time to do the right thing and go back to new testament Christianity.

I wonder why people thing like this, there is need for a new auditorioum because the recent one can't accomodated the ever increasing members of the church. Please note that the magnitude of the church members determine the size of propose auditorium. Giving is according to your capacity and never by force nor cajole of a thing.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Under-fire For 3km Auditorium by Nobody: 12:33am On Aug 14, 2013
frosbel:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PoEwPACFyiw
whats the video about?
Re: Pastor Adeboye Under-fire For 3km Auditorium by Jobabori(m): 1:08am On Aug 14, 2013
C@$# mun€£¥:
I'm fast losing faith in the man and his church.
your faith should be on God not in a man or a church,
Re: Pastor Adeboye Under-fire For 3km Auditorium by Nobody: 3:02am On Aug 14, 2013
I met a woman yesterday. She is 67 years old. She came to the US 2 years ago for a surgery and got stuck here due to financial issues. She now lives in a govt shelter. She has no children. She needed $51 to replace a tubing placed inside her from the surgery performed 2 years ago, since the original surgery. Therefore, she approached an RCCG pastor here, and explained her story and begged to allow her get donations from the congregation to enable her replace the tubing. However, after much pleading, the RCCG pastor refused.....citing a church policy which refuses such. I gave her $50 nevertheless.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Adeboye Under-fire For 3km Auditorium by lorenzos1: 3:18am On Aug 14, 2013
The whole story has been. Coloured by the writer to make it. Suite his intentions, I was theree they didn't. Ask anybody to come out neither was any amount of money mentioned..He only askedd that his members shld support the new project with any amount they can contribute based on how God has blessed them..He then asked them to pray about it..That was all
Re: Pastor Adeboye Under-fire For 3km Auditorium by Lexy99: 3:42am On Aug 14, 2013
Jeezyy: the secret to receiving is giving, but people do n't know this. if i have the means give even N100b, i will
true talk broda
Re: Pastor Adeboye Under-fire For 3km Auditorium by Jekobk: 4:11am On Aug 14, 2013
All I hav to say is dat " We Nigerians ar Far from it".....Redeem brothers dieing in d north,nd he is duin 3 groups 100million
Re: Pastor Adeboye Under-fire For 3km Auditorium by luvmijeje(f): 5:19am On Aug 14, 2013
The old auditorium only get over-fill once in a year and that's the Friday/Saturday of the convention week. So why the need for a new one? I'm now begining to understand the rationale behind the scipture that judgement must begin in the house of the lord. EFCC, ICPC, under- cover police and whoever it may concern should get to work.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Under-fire For 3km Auditorium by BinghiNya(m): 5:37am On Aug 14, 2013
shegzee43:

[/color][color=#990000]Did u say madness? my brother, I wld rather you keep mute than attract God's judgement. Let God judge him if. Cursexhis wrong o! Please don't attract curse 2 urself and generation after you. My candid advice.
which curse ? People who don't speak the truth are cursed

1 Like

Re: Pastor Adeboye Under-fire For 3km Auditorium by disloman(m): 6:28am On Aug 14, 2013
bashorunbazok: In the end, it will turn to a place where we would be making sajda for almighty Allah. cool tongue
Na so ur allah poor reach?
Re: Pastor Adeboye Under-fire For 3km Auditorium by Godson201333(m): 6:51am On Aug 14, 2013
Orikinla: Psalm 24

King James Version (KJV)

24 The earth is the Lord's, and the fulness thereof; the world, and they that dwell therein.

2 For he hath founded it upon the seas, and established it upon the floods.

3 Who shall ascend into the hill of the Lord? or who shall stand in his holy place?

4 He that hath clean hands, and a pure heart; who hath not lifted up his soul unto vanity, nor sworn deceitfully.

5 He shall receive the blessing from the Lord, and righteousness from the God of his salvation.

6 This is the generation of them that seek him, that seek thy face, O Jacob. Selah.

7 Lift up your heads, O ye gates; and be ye lift up, ye everlasting doors; and the King of glory shall come in.

8 Who is this King of glory? The Lord strong and mighty, the Lord mighty in battle.

9 Lift up your heads, O ye gates; even lift them up, ye everlasting doors; and the King of glory shall come in.

10 Who is this King of glory? The Lord of hosts, he is the King of glory. Selah.

wow!Kudos to you!!!! You just quoted one of my favorite psalm!!
Re: Pastor Adeboye Under-fire For 3km Auditorium by keyword(f): 6:52am On Aug 14, 2013
Do we really need bigger churches,or a change of attitude? Sometimes I wonder if the effect of the churches in Nigeria are significant. A country riddled with corruption everywhere you turn, yet we have the biggest churches. What an irony!!

1 Like

Re: Pastor Adeboye Under-fire For 3km Auditorium by REALTRUTH1: 6:54am On Aug 14, 2013
oh-lala:
The ONLY pressue I know Adeboye is under is how to win more souls for Christ. All this talk no join abeg una.

The souls he has worn includes Pastor erastus Akingbola,,Pastro bunmi Oni,,Pastor Cecilia Ibru,,etc,,,these three defrauded their organisations and thereby ran them aground sending several thousands to the labour market and untimely death,,,RCCG is not a christian church,,,,,

1 Like

Re: Pastor Adeboye Under-fire For 3km Auditorium by vickkyspassion: 7:02am On Aug 14, 2013
kadman:

That's what boggles my mind? Church members placed in "categories"

So if I can't afford any of those, I have no category in the church?

*sings* me and you no dey for the same category. . .
dat is how corrupt pastors or so called overseers are tunning into these days. Dat waz aw my 1 of my frend said dat she wasn't going to church one Sunday like dat becoz she sed she has no money on her. Pls let's go back to our bible and understand its Doctrins and stop these pastors from exploiting their memebers all in the name of christainity.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Under-fire For 3km Auditorium by Wahala90: 7:53am On Aug 14, 2013
This is the kind of discussion that brings out the foolishness of some persons. You go dey drink Panadol for another man wey no complain of headache.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Under-fire For 3km Auditorium by dhoy: 7:57am On Aug 14, 2013
georgee: MONEY...PASTORS...MONEY...PASTORS...MONEY..PASTORS...MONEY...PASTORS...MONEY...PASTORS...MONEY..PASTORS...MONEY...PASTORS...MONEY...PASTORS...MONEY..PASTORS...MONEY...PASTORS...MONEY...PASTORS...MONEY..PASTORS...MONEY...PASTORS...MONEY...PASTORS...MONEY..PASTORS...MONEY...PASTORS...MONEY...PASTORS...MONEY..PASTORS...MONEY...PASTORS...MONEY...PASTORS...MONEY..PASTORS...MONEY...PASTORS...MONEY...PASTORS...MONEY..PASTORS...MONEY...PASTORS...MONEY...PASTORS...MONEY..PASTORS...MONEY...PASTORS...MONEY...PASTORS...MONEY..PASTORS...MONEY...PASTORS...MONEY...PASTORS...MONEY..PASTORS...MONEY...PASTORS...MONEY...PASTORS...MONEY..PASTORS...MONEY...PASTORS...MONEY...PASTORS...MONEY..PASTORS...MONEY...PASTORS...MONEY...PASTORS...MONEY..PASTORS...MONEY...PASTORS...MONEY...PASTORS...MONEY..PASTORS...MONEY...PASTORS...MONEY...PASTORS...MONEY..PASTORS...MONEY...PASTORS...MONEY...PASTORS...MONEY..PASTORS...

U can never separate them. So many have even donated their brains to their GOs, they cant think again. It's ok by them if their GOs buy 50private jets while they trek from surulere to Ibadan expressway/Iyana ipaja/Ayobo/Redemtion camp. They don't care if their GOs slap all the kids in Nigeria, their GOs is always right. They dont care if their GOs use the followers hard earned money to build schools which the followers kids cant afford. They dont care if their GOs keep praying for the theiving and corrupt politicians. Infact the list is endless. I am sure God himself will be so shocked at what Nigerian Christians have turned to. I wont be suprised at the way some pple defend thier GOs, even the criminal Rev King's supporters supported and defended him. O ma se ooooo.. kai

1 Like

Re: Pastor Adeboye Under-fire For 3km Auditorium by dhoy: 8:01am On Aug 14, 2013
courage54: Who knows that Adeniran in dis country to put Daddy G.O under fire? because I have never heard of that name before! Maybe it is because of his poverty mentality that limits him to the state he is today! SMH

Am sure u have notin.I pity ur life.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Under-fire For 3km Auditorium by Nobody: 8:11am On Aug 14, 2013
SALVATION AND THE GOSPEL OF PROSPERITY | madukovich's cogitations - http://madukovich./2013/06/05/salvation-and-the-gospel-of-prosperity/

Re: Pastor Adeboye Under-fire For 3km Auditorium by dhoy: 8:14am On Aug 14, 2013
marcangelo: Nigerians can be so annoying, U people are too quick to criticize and condemn... Most of u ppl criticising ar Just like d jews in d bible, on palm sunday dey praisd Jesus, den dat same week friday all of dem condemd and critcised Jesus to death... mtchewwwwwwwww....
look at wizkid he bought a car 250million, it crashd and he bought anoda 250million dat is 500milion..IMAGIN DAT! GUES HW MUCH HE WIL HAV IN HIS ACCOUNT??.. AND HE ALSO BOUGHT HOUSES.. So wat is wrong if som1 donates 1bilion to God?

HEY OGA,GET UR INFOS RIGHT OK!
Re: Pastor Adeboye Under-fire For 3km Auditorium by darealez(m): 8:46am On Aug 14, 2013
frosbel: Can Adeboye ensure that there is not ONE needy person among his church members before he embarks on this multi-billion naira project to build a 3-km Long Church Auditorium.

This is madness, building more and more edifices while our people are almost dying of hunger, a classical case of taking money from the needy and using it to build babels to the glory of MAN. Reminds me of India who are investing in more weapons of mass destruction when 60% of their people starve, talk of misplaced priorities.

Do not give a penny to this project , pay your rent, bills , feed your children and then give to the poor and needy around you. Go to the Lord in prayer before you donate a penny, I am sure there are worthier causes all around us.

People, it is time you follow JESUS and stop enriching MEN and their dreams. You do not need to go to a specific place to find Jesus, if we have the Spirit , he is always present for he has said " I will never leave you or forsake you ".

Free yourselves from MEN, follow JESUS, on judgement day Adeboye will not save you or stand in for you, on judgement day RCCG will not save you, now is the time to do the right thing and go back to new testament Christianity.

Gosh! this is so so so disgusting! its amazing how fellow humans reason atimes.irrational! You expect him to start distributing money right?? oh yea! i'm sure if he does, you among many others will be the first to point accussing fingers.

May I modify or perhaps correct the impression we all have here pls? RCCG isn't buildiing a 3km by 3km auditorium but a 10km by 10km auditorium!

Oops, have you heard about the youth center I guess you haven't mehn! cos if you have, you'd have had an heart attack right before now ;-) Its so cute, gorgeous, ravishing, fascinating, awesome, captivating, tantalizing, magnificient, terriffic and.....(heart attacks)

The stampade that occurred during the last convention was due to the lack of sufficient space. We really don't want this to occur again and that's why we are building a new auditorium. We aren't expanding the current one. You can't even do that, cos there's no space for expansion due to the erection of various structures by its sides.

Pls cap me! Quote me! Highlight my words! beef me! whateva! it changes nothing!

toodles!!!!!!!
Re: Pastor Adeboye Under-fire For 3km Auditorium by Wahala90: 8:47am On Aug 14, 2013

Poverty and joblessness is a disease. N1,000,0000,000 is less than $7,000,000.

Re: Pastor Adeboye Under-fire For 3km Auditorium by dhoy: 8:49am On Aug 14, 2013
Princek12:

Which car did Wizkid buy for 500 million Naira?

I wonder o!hlp me ask ds mumu o
Re: Pastor Adeboye Under-fire For 3km Auditorium by dhoy: 8:52am On Aug 14, 2013
Alwaystrue: Any deep-thinking person rather than sit and criticise, if he truly wants to give will simply pray to God to channel such funds through him. Unconsciously, without even praying for financial increase, he has already made a selfless request to God.

Why did I say this? There was a time an urgent obvious need running to hundreds of thousands on Naira arose where I worship and because all my funds had been earmarked and I was not expecting another, I prayed that I would supply any unexpected funds that I am blessed with that week. I must confess I knew I was not expecting anything extra but I prayed all the same and forgot about it.
Surprisingly about four days after, I received some funds unexpectedly to which by the time I had deducted the tithe, was the exact amount requested for. I did not ever think I would be getting such funds at that time.
I was dumbfounded and because of the vow, I could not even remove anything from it but gave all. It was at that point I realised that it is lack of knowledge that makes us take offense at such requests that we need not get worked up over. Faith was all that was required. I also learnt something profound that day. Make yourself available to God and He will use you!

The question is,where did you get the fund from.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Adeboye Under-fire For 3km Auditorium by kosmon(m): 8:59am On Aug 14, 2013
What so ever is born of God overcomes the world. If the project of born of God, no amount of of protest, complains can not stop. Let God be true and everyone a lair.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Under-fire For 3km Auditorium by Ourboss: 9:09am On Aug 14, 2013
The man of God is not forcing anyone to donate. A man can only get himself involve in cheerful giving if he truly knows what he gets in return from God and not the receiver. I put God to test when I secretly donated 10k into a church building project out of my 28k monthly salary then. Believe me, my situation was turned around the following month. Givers never lacked!
Re: Pastor Adeboye Under-fire For 3km Auditorium by valnicholas(f): 9:11am On Aug 14, 2013
Please I beg you all in christ name..stop judging,judgement is of the Lord,Ǻn̶̲̥̅̊ԃ I can't see anyone named Jesus/Lord here...J̶̲̥̅̊u̶̲̥̅̊S̤̥̈̊τ̲̣̣̥ quit judging men of God Ǻn̶̲̥̅̊ԃ judge yourselves,all U̶̲̥̅̊ know how to do is talk about others Ǻn̶̲̥̅̊ԃ their works,if you're not gonna contribute to the work of God J̶̲̥̅̊u̶̲̥̅̊S̤̥̈̊τ̲̣̣̥ stay mute to it(keep quiet),allow others who sre willing to contribute contribute Ǻn̶̲̥̅̊ԃ let God be the Judge please...may God help uas in Jesus' name.Amen
Re: Pastor Adeboye Under-fire For 3km Auditorium by chrisosi: 9:15am On Aug 14, 2013
ayobase: Under fire for what?
I don't get it.

That someone without a criminal record can't pay such amount of money indicates how shallow ur mind is financially...SMH....in this country where we have silent billionaire?

One thing people of shallow minds still fail to know or understand is that it takes nothing to become billionaire if you know the secret.....GIVING, and most especially to the works of God.

I don't see this as any scam. Bab Adeboye started from 1 billion naira and stopped at 100 naira. Just do according to ur power or u simply put God to test.

From what I read so, I didn't see anywhere he was trying to cajole people into paying. He just said it as it is!

Nothing like "give and it shall be given unto u. God will bless u in folds" and the likes to hoodwink as some of NLers will say!

Obe to dun, owo lo pa of course!

Dey there make pant dey wear u while others are giving financial breakthroughs testimony!

Do you know how many people dat need just 2, 3, 4 ,5m for surgery without any help from the so-called billionaire(s)...and our pastors inclusive and they are dieing on a daily basics...The bible says...If you say you love God that you can not see and fail to help your fellow humans which you can see, then YOU ARE JUST DECEIVING URSEFT..the 1 billion can be use to build a standard hospital where people can get free medical care all to the Glory of God

1 Like

Re: Pastor Adeboye Under-fire For 3km Auditorium by onyeamuma72: 9:16am On Aug 14, 2013
prophet tb joshua of scoan is God sent among all the ministers of god he uses what God give to him fr the ministries to bless the under previlage ones in the society muslim,christian,even pagans that is christianity in action
Re: Pastor Adeboye Under-fire For 3km Auditorium by chrisosi: 9:18am On Aug 14, 2013
Do you know how many people dat need just 2, 3, 4 ,5m for surgery without any help from the so-called billionaire(s)...and our pastors inclusive and they are dieing on a daily basics...The bible says...If you say you love God that you can not see and fail to help your fellow humans which you can see, then YOU ARE JUST DECEIVING URSEFT..the 1 billion can be use to build a standard hospital where people can get free medical care all to the Glory of God
Re: Pastor Adeboye Under-fire For 3km Auditorium by farem: 9:18am On Aug 14, 2013
[quote author=Okija_juju][b]Is Jesus still coming back at all or has he changed his mind?!

These Pastors putting up such grandious edifices here on earth, I wonder if they still remember that Jesus is supposed to be coming soon.

This is outrightly ridiculous.. [color=#990000][/color]

HAVING REALISED THE ABOVE REALITY YOURSELF, WHY DID YOU BOTHER TO ENROL IN YOUR LAST INSTITUTION AND STRUGGLED TO OBTAIN THE LAST CERTIFICATION? IS IT TO USE IT IN THE SERVICE OF THE ANTICHRIST? Return it! WHY DID YOU DECIDE TO GET MARRIED AND THINKING OF RAISING KIDS? Get rid of them now! WHY IS IT COMING TO YOUR MIND TO BUY/SECURE THAT PERMANENT ACCOMODATION OR TO RENT THAT APARTMENT? CARRY YOUR POLYTENE BAG NOW AND GO AND SOJOURN UNDER IJORA OR ONITSHA BRIDGE NOW!
If you refuse to carry out all of these, then you are not ready for the coming of the Lord Jesus and you are a bloody pharisee who sees, thinks and condemns other from his own wretched island.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Under-fire For 3km Auditorium by makizee(m): 9:31am On Aug 14, 2013
marcangelo:
arnt u current in news??.
wizkid bought a car 250million, he had an accident and it crashd...he came out alive and bought anoda 250million... Do d maths?
Sorry o, where r u from, Dangote self no buy car of 250mil, na wizkid go buy car of 250m....well, let me educate u, d car in question is a porche panamera, costs about 15m at most and issurance replaced it when he wrecked d first one...thank u
Re: Pastor Adeboye Under-fire For 3km Auditorium by Samtolly4JESUS(m): 9:32am On Aug 14, 2013
Now, for those saying there is no Need for a New Auditorium.
Hear This:
If you were at the last convention, you'll be the one to make the first donation cos the Old one is so small that people had to stand to their feet outside the auditorium to hear the messages.. Me inclusive!
Now, do you want that to happen next year?

For Those saying the Money should have been directed towards the poor.
Hear this:
That means you've not been to the camp before, if you can really take your time to check it out during any of our programmes, you'll definitely feel the aura of money.. Visit our car parks, you'll mistake if for a Car selling point.. Poor people don't own exquisite cars, do they? You'll see people willingly giving huge offerings.. Poor people don't do that.. Do they?

Now, those rich people didn't attain their status by sudden Flight, they made conscious effort! They worked! They don't waste their time on a faceless forum speaking against progress! THey Sowed! They don't cling to the little to have!
For record sake, I will quote some portions of the Scriptures:
Proverbs 11:24: 'One Man gives freely, yet gains even more; another withholds unduly, but comes to poverty"(NIV)

Luke 6:38: "Give and it shall be given unto you, a good measure, pressed down, shaking together and running over will be poured into your lap. For with measure you use, it will be measured unto you"(NIV)
As for those talking about the poor:
We will always have them among us! Even Jesus said so when Judases like you questioned Him when a women anointed Jesus' feet with an expensive ointment.
For record sake again, I will freely quote the passage:
JOHN 12: 3 - 8
"Then Mary took about a pint of pure nard, an expensive perfume; she poured it on Jesus' feet and wiped His Feet with her hair. And the house was filled with the fragrance of the perfume. But one of the disciples, Judas Iscariot, who later betrayed him objected 'Why wasn't this perfume sold and the money given to the poor?' It is worth a year's wages. He did not say this because he cared about the poor but because he was a thief; as keeper of the money bag, he used to help himself to what was pit into it" Leave her alone, Jesus replied. "It was intended that she should save this perfume for the day of my burial. You will always have the poor among you, but you will not always have me"

Now for those saying RCCG don't have outreaches for the poor:
That's because you've not heard about the HABITATION OF HOPE and the WHOLISTIC OUTREACH both run by Mummy G.O to bring the socially retarded into the Folks. You've not heard about the CERTAIN WOMEN who gives out clothing and Provisions to all and sundry during programmes. You've not heard about several scholarship programmes financed by the G.O himself.
Now, are you complaining because you've not PERSONALLY benefited from any of these outreaches? It is simply because GOD's FOOD AREN'T MEANT FOR DOGS! If you'll stop your hypocrisy and humbly accept your plight just like the woman in the Bible, you might be lucky to eat of the crumbs that fall off the table.

Now, if after you read this post, and you still continue your baseless and hypocritical arguments, Then, you need to be at the next HOLY GHOST SERVICE of THE REDEEMED CHRISTAIN CHURCH OF GOD, you NEED Deliverance!

May God Bless you all.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Zimbabwean Pastor Sells 'Anointed' Cucumbers To Members During Service. PICS / Who Was God Referring To, When He Said Come Let's Make Man In Our Own Image? / Apostle Suleman To Pray With Donald Trump And Mayor Of Washington.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.