Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,004 members, 7,952,998 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 08:58 AM

Donald Duke For 2007 Presidency? - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Donald Duke For 2007 Presidency? (20850 Views)

Poll: Donald Duke For 2007 Presidency?

I'll support him: 91% (126 votes)
I won't support him: 8% (12 votes)
This poll has ended

Babatunde Fashola And Donald Duke For President / Lets Rally Round To Support Donald Duke For President Come 2011 / PDP Pencils In Yar’adua, Duke For Presidency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Donald Duke For 2007 Presidency? by Odeku(m): 2:25pm On Nov 08, 2006
People be on the look out for young talented Lawyer from Calaber Mr. Ray Ekpu come 2011. He is on his way to the top. mark my word
Re: Donald Duke For 2007 Presidency? by ATTAHDYE(m): 5:49pm On Nov 08, 2006
duke may have done well in calabar and obudu cattle ranch
but the same cannot be said of the rest of cross-river.
from odupkani junction up to ogoja all you see is porvety the poeple are suffering and are only surviving because they can sell their farm produce which they produce without any government input to traders from the east.
i served in baise local govt. of cross river state and i know what i am saying.
what most poeple see about duke and cross river is tourism.
are the poeple benefitting ?no.
and he has one of the most laughable educational policies that is why his state is number 2 on the exam malpractice index for 2005
he will be good for minister of tourism that i know,
anything more than that is day dreaming.
take a visit to rural cross river and you will see a necglected and deprived people with no voice to let the world know about it
Re: Donald Duke For 2007 Presidency? by dude(m): 6:37pm On Nov 08, 2006
has donald duke infiltrated NL? i mean are his campaign managers on here? na wa oh.
Re: Donald Duke For 2007 Presidency? by Odeku(m): 6:59pm On Nov 08, 2006
Very possible, abeg, look at the name of the most people that are talking about him, there are from the couth, I am yet so see one malam or hausa guy speak about Mr Duke
Re: Donald Duke For 2007 Presidency? by kg(f): 9:20pm On Nov 08, 2006
Donald Duke is creative but anytime any day I'd prefer PAT UTOMI as my President. I'll be the happiest Nigerian if Pat Utomi can become the President and maybe Dora Akuyili or Donald Duke as Vice President.
Re: Donald Duke For 2007 Presidency? by ToddTerry: 10:08pm On Nov 08, 2006
May God help DD to win the presidency and calm the boys down in the Delta!
Re: Donald Duke For 2007 Presidency? by obong(m): 10:17pm On Nov 08, 2006
Just becaue Duke focused on tourism (in part) in cross river doesnt meanhe thinks purely in terms of tourism. he thinks about what inherent advantage his state has and builds on it. it happened to be tourism
Re: Donald Duke For 2007 Presidency? by Odeku(m): 10:52pm On Nov 08, 2006
I read the speech Duke gave yesterday, and I must confess I have nothing but admiration for his vision and love for my country. we need a leader that will make change and not loose promises.
Re: Donald Duke For 2007 Presidency? by Revolution: 11:01pm On Nov 08, 2006
ATTAHDYE, you make me laugh  grin If the presence of poverty is yardstick for success then there is no successful government anywhere in this world. Tell me one state, including Abuja, where there is no poverty. None. US has poverty, the UK has poverty, China the fastest growing econmy in the world has poverty by the bucketloads, are you saying China is a failure because of the presence of poverty? It takes a very long time to reduce poverty significantly and in many cases it can't be eradicated. Most state governments in Nigeria are not financially equiped to significantly fight poverty so for Duke to have achieved what he did with the limited resources he should be given credit. It is also important to note that it takes years for the benefits of investment to trickle down to the poor; Tinapa hasn't even be commissioned yet. In a few years we will all look back and realise how much of an impact these Duke project and policies had.

Noby says Duke is perfect; all we say is he is the best of the pack. If you disagree or choose to criticise him then please tell us who you think is better for 2007 and please provide proof of why you say or think so. Please don't mention Utomi and people like that who have no track record.
Re: Donald Duke For 2007 Presidency? by Ndipe(m): 11:24pm On Nov 08, 2006
@Odeku. Ray Ekpu is not a lawyer, but a journalist.
Re: Donald Duke For 2007 Presidency? by Odeku(m): 11:38pm On Nov 08, 2006
No way the ray Akpu of PSC na one distinguished lawyer, brave young and a man of vision
Re: Donald Duke For 2007 Presidency? by Revolution: 11:38pm On Nov 08, 2006
Duke's personal Blog: http://donaldduke..com/

Official website: http://www.donaldduke4president.org/

This is your opportunity to send Duke personal messages. The website is now up and running receiving lots of updates so keep checking it for daily news.
Re: Donald Duke For 2007 Presidency? by Bigtee(m): 7:57am On Nov 09, 2006
WOW!!
I actually read through all the comment u guys have made conecrning Donald Duke and why u want him to be the next president.
However, i noticed that the strong point u have on his achievements are Obudu and Tinapa. Are u guys not overlooking some other imortant areas? Areas such as:\
What has he done to the degraded education sector in Calabar(lets start from home, his state before we escalate it to NIgeria as a whole)?
What about the unemployment pandemic?
Just to mention a few. But in all I'm not to sure (correct me if i'm wrong) i think he has done a good job as per security in Cross river.
I know he has a lot of fans here but lets not let the "notable" achievement he has cloud our judgement. I think its better to scrutinize all areas. we can't get a perfect leader but i think we can make sure he have a 70% pass mark for him.
Re: Donald Duke For 2007 Presidency? by aziq(f): 9:17am On Nov 09, 2006
DONALD DUKE FOR PRESIDENT!!!! HONESTLY THAT'S THE BEST THING I HAVE HEARD SINCE THE COMMENCEMENT OF DECLARATIONS, PLEAASEE LETS ALL DO THE RIGTH THING AND SUPPORT THIS VISIONARY,HIGHLY INTELLECTUAL,PASSIONATE,BLESSED YOUNG LEADER TO THE PRESIDENTIAL VILLA. AND JUS LEAN BACK AND LET HIM SHOW US WHAT GOOD GOVERNANCE IS ALL ABOUT AND ACCOUNTABILITY, I AM ALSO VERY SURE A LOT OF YOUTHS LIKE US WOULD BE VERY INVOLVED IN HIS GOVERNACE, NOW IMAGINE A NIGERIA WITH EMPOWERED YOUTHS.WE WOULD BE EFFECTIVE BUILDERS OF OUR NATION,YOU AND ME.PLEASE LETS NOT LET THIS BLESSING PASS US BY, IN JESUS NAME AMEN.
BIG UPS TO ALL IN SUPPORT OF DUKE I WISH WE COULD ALL DO SOMETHING MORE ACTIVELY LIKE CREATE A TOTALLY INNOVATIVE CAMPAIGN TEAM,WITH BRAINS LIKE OURS THERE'S NO STOPPING AND OFCOURSE WID GOD BY OUR SIDE.
P.S
NIGHTTRDER PLS STOP UR BAD BELLE CUZ DATS ALL U GOT,ALL U DO IS RECYCLE UR NEGATIVE OPINIONS AND WE'VE HEARD U BUT UR NEG VIBES DON'T CHANGE THE LOVE WE HAVE FOR DONALD DUKE.SO STOP SNITCHING,
Re: Donald Duke For 2007 Presidency? by TEEZERO(m): 10:58am On Nov 09, 2006
Re: Donald Duke For 2007 Presidency? by Hakeemval: 11:09am On Nov 09, 2006
Honestly, to be frank I think Donald 'Best' Duke is still the most credidle candidate among those nursing the ambition to rule the country comes 2007.IBB, a former dictator that annulled the most freest and fair election -June 12- in Nigeria(NO),Atiku being indictd by EFCC on PTDF(NO), Marwa, being alleged to be involved in Abacha loots laundering abroad(NO), Odili, though Close ally of OBJ, being alleged to have smartly diverted laundered money to buy buses for his state so as to prevent the alarm to be blown oversea some years back(NO), Buhari, A non democrat(NO), Attah, indicted by EFCC for financial recklessness(NO), Yerima, who was alleged by EFCC for direct divertion of state fund for personal use(NO),Jerry Gana former Minister for disInformation and lot of them. I as a person I've never heard of any indictment against the Gov'nor since 1999 that he has been in charge in Cross River state as a Chief Executive, and also his name was not mentioned by the EFCC in any financial scandal of which most of our leaders especially the political office holders have been nailed in one way or the other.And most importantly, he is a performer taking into consideration how Cross River state was when this vibrant genttleman came into power in 1999.He has actually earness the states' resources to turn around the situation and demostrated his intellectual capacity in the governance of his people by providing enabling environment for rapid development in most vital sphere of human endeavours which inturns pave way for investments opportunities in Cross River state and Nigeria as a whole. Though this man has the track records that can speak for him in his quest to rule the country come 2007, but in the history of the country, especially in this era, only RADICAL people can rule Nigeria of today because of our heated polity. Donald is too soft for the job!That's my concern.
Re: Donald Duke For 2007 Presidency? by Hakeemval: 11:11am On Nov 09, 2006
Honestly, to be frank I think Donald 'Best' Duke is still the most credidle candidate among those nursing the ambition to rule the country comes 2007.IBB, a former dictator that annulled the most freest and fair election -June 12- in Nigeria(NO),Atiku being indictd by EFCC on PTDF(NO), Marwa, being alleged to be involved in Abacha loots laundering abroad(NO), Odili, though Close ally of OBJ, being alleged to have smartly diverted laundered money to buy buses for his state so as to prevent the alarm to be blown oversea some years back(NO), Buhari, A non democrat(NO), Attah, indicted by EFCC for financial recklessness(NO), Yerima, who was alleged by EFCC for direct divertion of state fund for personal use(NO),Jerry Gana former Minister for disInformation and lot of them. I as a person I've never heard of any indictment against the Gov'nor since 1999 that he has been in charge in Cross River state as a Chief Executive, and also his name was not mentioned by the EFCC in any financial scandal of which most of our leaders especially the political office holders have been nailed in one way or the other.And most importantly, he is a performer taking into consideration how Cross River state was when this vibrant genttleman came into power in 1999.He has actually earness the states' resources to turn around the situation and demostrated his intellectual capacity in the governance of his people by providing enabling environment for rapid development in most vital sphere of human endeavours which inturns pave way for investments opportunities in Cross River state and Nigeria as a whole. Though this man has the track records that can speak for him in his quest to rule the country come 2007, but in the history of the country, especially in this era, only RADICAL people can rule Nigeria of today because of our heated polity. Donald is too soft for the job!That's my concern.
Re: Donald Duke For 2007 Presidency? by Flodel(f): 2:30pm On Nov 09, 2006
infact i support this man to the core. he is mr perfect for this post.
Re: Donald Duke For 2007 Presidency? by magneto(m): 3:14pm On Nov 09, 2006
@ Hakeem: do u call a man who is courageous enough take undertake a huge project like TINAPA soft hearted? , think again my friend, that man is a seasoned risk taker! hardness no be for mouth, he doesn't have to be aggressive looking and confrontational (e.g OBJ) before he's qualified as strong hearted. look at el rufai, what mighty things he does for his size!
so do not fret my friend, just vote him to power and see!
Re: Donald Duke For 2007 Presidency? by bioye(m): 3:23pm On Nov 09, 2006
Donald Duke is a good candidate for presidency however there are a few things I dont like about him.

The guy is always acting as if he is an American. Why must he dress western, act western, talk western all the time? Where is the Nigerian in him? Please!!
Re: Donald Duke For 2007 Presidency? by nilla(f): 3:28pm On Nov 09, 2006
hmmmmmmmmmm.
what do you want him to speak: Efik undecided
Re: Donald Duke For 2007 Presidency? by Odeku(m): 4:10pm On Nov 09, 2006
After reading and contrasting Dukes speech and IBB speech I think Duke is the guy
IBB is going for the ultimate gold and Duke is striving to move us forward, please lets send Duke to ASO ROCK

Re: Donald Duke For 2007 Presidency? by Olart(m): 4:27pm On Nov 09, 2006
I have been in Calabar and Obudu on holiday very recently, I even visited the Tinapa project site. I was completely amazed. I actually thought I had crossed the boundary of Nigeria to Cameroun or Ghana mistakenly. There is no other state in this country, as well managed and drastically developed (in the last 8yrs) as Cross Rivers state (mind you Abuja is not a state and even if it is, the money spent on Abuja was not generated by the mayor but wholy FG pay-out).
Believe me all, Nigeria will be lucky to have Duke as the next president and thats why I am not too sure he can make it. Only criminals like Odili and IBB have the obscene wealth and the rigging machinery to get to Aso rock even without our consent, while smart and hard working governors like Duke can only enjoy our support but our votes do not count in this country. At least not yet. cry
Re: Donald Duke For 2007 Presidency? by nilla(f): 5:43pm On Nov 09, 2006
well we just have to pray.
something just has to happen.
I pray the best candidate wins.
Re: Donald Duke For 2007 Presidency? by hobat4cash(m): 7:24pm On Nov 09, 2006
yeah yeah have heard all d things said about donald duke with all due respect i won't vote the  man even if he was the only man in this country. Yes i am an Akwa ibomite and people may feel 'ok that is d reason he will not vote because of Attah' if that is ur thinking then u are wrong. Am not tribalised unlike Donaldduke. If given opportunity i would prefer Wole soyinka(my idol) or pat utomi. I watched the presentation of Donald duke to nigerians well personally i do not have anything against him, but when a certain lady from the north was talking she mentioned that donald is not tribalistic then i knew she did not know who she was talking about. I mentioned before that i am an akwa ibomite, i have a neighbour whose wife was a teacher in calabar, now she jobless and retrenched why because donald suddenly woke up on the wrong side of his bed and decided that all the teachers from Akwa ibom state should be sacked without entitlememts imagine working for many years selflessly suddenly  you are out on the street why because you are not from that state,it does not matter whether you have lived most of your life in calabar,Your precious Donald sacked all the teachers from service who happen not to come from Cross river state but from a sister state and some body wants me to vote for him. Well i know some people choose to promote the good side of a person and ignore the bad side but when that bad side stinks then to hell.So how can he rule this country when he has issues with people from other ethnic group so i will never vote for him,especially when i see the poor woman selling small wares outside their home,imagine without pension or  gratuity. I rest my case.
Re: Donald Duke For 2007 Presidency? by nilla(f): 7:26pm On Nov 09, 2006
hobat4cash:

yeah yeah have heard all d things said about donald duke with all due respect i won't vote the man even if he was the only man in this country. Yes i am an Akwa ibomite and people may feel 'ok that is d reason he will not vote because of Attah' if that is your thinking then u are wrong. Am not tribalised unlike Donaldduke. If given opportunity i would prefer Wole soyinka(my idol) or pat utomi. I watched the presentation of Donald duke to nigerians well personally i do not have anything against him, but when a certain lady from the north was talking she mentioned that donald is not tribalistic then i knew she did not know who she was talking about. I mentioned before that i am an akwa ibomite, i have a neighbour whose wife was a teacher in calabar, now she jobless and retrenched why because donald suddenly woke up on the wrong side of his bed and decided that all the teachers from Akwa ibom state should be sacked without entitlememts imagine working for many years selflessly suddenly you are out on the street why because you are not from that state,it does not matter whether you have lived most of your life in calabar,Your precious Donald sacked all the teachers from service who happen not to come from Cross river state but from a sister state and some body wants me to vote for him. Well i know some people choose to promote the good side of a person and ignore the bad side but when that bad side stinks then to hell.So how can he rule this country when he has issues with people from other ethnic group so i will never vote for him,especially when i see the poor woman selling small wares outside their home,imagine without pension or gratuity. I rest my case.

Didn't know this. as an akwa ibomite too, i am angered about that. Do you have any links to prove he did that?
Re: Donald Duke For 2007 Presidency? by Odeku(m): 7:28pm On Nov 09, 2006
Everyone is with a fault no man is perfect but some people evil superseed others, will you rather have IBB as your president then?

and those teachers that you said were sacked, there are two side to every story.  dont go by what you were told my brother
Re: Donald Duke For 2007 Presidency? by nilla(f): 7:28pm On Nov 09, 2006
Odeku,

its nice to hear you saying good things now grin
Re: Donald Duke For 2007 Presidency? by Odeku(m): 7:37pm On Nov 09, 2006
I told you I was doing my home work and after reading his speech and heard what that tootless general had to say i have no choice but to see clearly Duke is the most transparent among all this people.
Re: Donald Duke For 2007 Presidency? by obong(m): 8:23pm On Nov 09, 2006
The guy is always acting as if he is an American. Why must he dress western, act western, talk western all the time? Where is the Nigerian in him? Please!!

i disliek the fact that he never wears an agbada, but thats the only dislike i have
Re: Donald Duke For 2007 Presidency? by nilla(f): 8:26pm On Nov 09, 2006
maybe we will send him a special request to wear trads sometimes grin
Re: Donald Duke For 2007 Presidency? by dennylove(m): 8:44pm On Nov 09, 2006
obong,whether he wear AGBADA or ADAGBA,all that matter is for him to TRANSFORM nigeria like he did in CROSS RIVER.
DUKE!DUKE!!DUKE!!! for next president,did i just said NEXT PRESIDENT??soory,maybe i just too believe in him. cheesy cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Fatai Buhari Visits Tinubu In London / You Told Child Voters, Bandits 'To Get Rid Of Jonathan, Elect Buhari’ - PANDEF / Sandy Onor Clinches PDP Guber Ticket In Cross River

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.