Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,155 members, 7,821,928 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:59 PM

Egypt Declares State Of Emergency (pictures) - Foreign Affairs (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Egypt Declares State Of Emergency (pictures) (20784 Views)

Sierra Leone Declares State Of Emergency As Ebola Death Toll Hits 729 / Aircraft Carrying US Soldiers Make Emergency Landing On A Highway In Uganda / Photos: Giant Snake Killed In Egypt Red Sea (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Egypt Declares State Of Emergency (pictures) by Rossikk(m): 8:03pm On Aug 17, 2013
pDude:

cry cry cry cry cry cry cry

You just swore for Nigeria. Na so you hate naija reach? cheesy cheesy cheesy

Considering that Nigeria is 10 times worse than Egypt.

Only in your deluded, moronic, slave head.
Re: Egypt Declares State Of Emergency (pictures) by Rossikk(m): 8:07pm On Aug 17, 2013
mrakin:
You are wrong. What has their protest achieved so far? New universities? Better roads? More teachers and schools? Better health care services?
Don't deceive yourself, Egypt was better before the protest against Hosni. Can You resurrect those that died in Egyt? That is irredeamable loss. Go and learn from Lbya

They did a survey the other day and nearly 90% of Egyptians said they'd love Mubarak to return. That things were much better in Egypt under his rule. So much for ''revolution''.

1 Like

Re: Egypt Declares State Of Emergency (pictures) by Rossikk(m): 8:12pm On Aug 17, 2013
since_1914:

Forget all those crying about Nigerians not been as brave as the Egyptians. In fact, it is my desire that Nigerians never become like the Egyptians. When most people here were cheering the courage of the coupist and their civilian supporters they failed to understand the implication of illegally removing a democratic government; and that courage is an asset but could also become a liability when deployed in the wrong direction. Today, the Muslim Brotherhood in the name of courage, have allowed their supporters to be needlessly slaughtered, when they could have simply got to work to put together a more purposeful opposition movement.

By the way isn't all these getting confusing already? Imagine in Egypt the International community cheered the Egyptians on to remove a radical Islamist government from power, while in Syria they are now cheering and supporting Radical Islamist organizations to remove a secular government. The truth with all these is, anarchy helps no one. If you have ever physically witnessed a communal or religious riot up close, then you should have a faint idea of what all these "we no go gree, we no go gree" can cause. With the current crisis, the Egyptians have regressed by at least 5years rather than progressed.

Is this the kind of crisis we want to find ourselves in? By the way what would we even be protesting about? Bad Leaders? How can we complain about bad leaders when even on this small forum it is impossible for people to see through Tribal and religious sentiments to objectively pass their points across? When even the simplest of thread topics like "Man bites snake" is enough to start five pages of tribal war on Nairaland.

Don't mind them. They don't even realise that Nigeria has evolved politically much further than Egypt. Egypt are still at the stage where people are cheering the military into power! Nigerians realized over 20 years ago that the military can never be the solution to any political problem. And some people say ''we should be like the Egyptians''. I really wonder at the IQ of some posters here.

Meanwhile... latest:

''Civilians have added a layer of menace to Egypt’s violence in recent days, as so-called popular committees set up checkpoints in neighborhoods, searching cars and occasionally robbing their drivers. On Friday, armed men roamed Cairo freely, their allegiances, to Mr. Morsi or to the military, unclear.''

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/08/18/world/middleeast/standoff-in-cairo-as-security-forces-surround-mosque.html?_r=0

You really want that to be the report on Abuja or Lagos?

Be careful what you ask for!

1 Like

Re: Egypt Declares State Of Emergency (pictures) by otokx(m): 9:23am On Aug 18, 2013
Aligned with Rossiks view here; Nigeria will never descend to such levels.
Re: Egypt Declares State Of Emergency (pictures) by Nobody: 8:45pm On Aug 18, 2013
Afam4eva:
Please, what's the best option?
Only Egyptians can figure that out themselves. What I just know is that: I've not heard in History where Violence solved anything.

This is how the story will end with Egypt if they continue like this:
1. The world will start stereotyping them as a violent people/nation with no peace.
2. Instability steps in.
3. Foreign investors will run away from their country.
4. Furthermore, their region/country will face great underdevelopment for a very long time and will continue to suffer other repercussions this violence will cause in the long run.
5. Above all, all this their 'revolution' bullsh/it will amount to nothing cos it will be over and nothing will change (it will only worsen).

This same story will apply to all the northern states inflicted with boko haram (and even the north at large). Remember they are also 'fighting for a cause', but violently! That's how it has always turned out in history.
Re: Egypt Declares State Of Emergency (pictures) by Afam4eva(m): 8:50pm On Aug 18, 2013
speedyboi:
Only Egyptians can figure that out themselves. What I just know is that: I've not heard in History where Violence solved anything.

This is how the story will end with Egypt if they continue like this:
1. The world will start stereotyping them as a violent people/nation with no peace.
2. Instability steps in.
3. Foreign investors will run away from their country.
4. Furthermore, their region/country will face great underdevelopment for a very long time and will continue to suffer other repercussions this violent will cause in the long run.
5. Above all, all this their 'revolution' bullsh/it will amount to nothing cos it will be over and nothing will change (it will only worsen).

This same story will apply to all the northern states inflicted with boko haram (and even the north at large). Remember they are also 'fighting for a cause', but violently! That's how it has always turned out in history.
What's happening in Egypt and bokoharam is an apple and orange juxtaposition. They're very different. I'm against this sort of violence but i don't think those protesters thought that things will get this bad when they trooped to the streets to protest. It's the right of every citizen to protest what they feel isn't right. Whatever happens after that is not their doing. Are you advising Nigerians to remain mute like they've been despite all that has been happening in the country. How do you think the Nigerian problem can be solved?
Re: Egypt Declares State Of Emergency (pictures) by Nobody: 9:14pm On Aug 18, 2013
Afam4eva:
What's happening in Egypt and bokoharam is an apple and orange juxtaposition. They're very different. I'm against this sort of violence but i don't think those protesters thought that things will get this bad when they trooped to the streets to protest. It's the right of every citizen to protest what they feel isn't right. Whatever happens after that is not their doing.
Yea right! So boko haram are fighting against what they think 'is right'?
This kinda 'citizens can fight for what they don't want' or 'is not right' is what led to Biafran war of the sixties. What is the repercussion of the war on the south East till date (and even Nigeria at large)?

Afam4eva: Are you advising Nigerians to remain mute like they've been despite all that has been happening in the country. How do you think the Nigerian problem can be solved?
There are a thousand and one other alternatives to change things my bro.
For now, I think Nigerians should change their ways first! Their attitudes is more of the what is bringing down the country than anything else. That Government Anthem is what is blinding us.

Do you know this thread (https://www.nairaland.com/1401750/nairalander-win-nigeria-centenary-awards#17519790) is one of the attitudes of Nigerian workers that is bringing Nigerian down? Secretaries in the civil service employing those they know (qualified or not) at the detriment of more qualified graduates. Is ordinary secretary part of the leaders? The bitter part of it is that we've employed the unright things as right (even on Nairaland) to the extent that such threads even make frontpage! It's just pathetic.
Changing our ways will also enable us to blind our eyes to sentiments and choose right leaders. Even these leaders were once like you and I. They didn't fall from the sky. I am sure Jonathan also attributed his 'Shoelessness' to leaders that were in power then. Now he is leading, what has changed? We need to open our eyes....Leaders are the least of the problems in Nigeria! And until will realize that and change! Not even God from heaven will change Nigeria! (Africa at large sef). I'm sorry to say this but Our cultures also contribute a little to all these things. Cos our Culture for example encourages nepotism a lot!
Re: Egypt Declares State Of Emergency (pictures) by vedaxcool(m): 3:20pm On Aug 20, 2013

Your post is full of lies,

- First constitution committee of 100 members in 2012 was dissolved because it was based on strength of political parties in
parliament. (45% MB, 27% Salafi, remaining were Christians and seculars), Morsi himself dissolved that committee and tried to be
inclusive.

- 2nd Constitution committee of 100 members had only 40% political members, out of which 18 were from MB.

- New 50 member Constitution committee under military only has representation of 5 members from political parties (only 10%).

In a constitution committee where elected members have only 10% representation, how can you call it democratic ?

OMG Why I am wasting so much time on ignorant people like you who do not even know small things about Egypt.

Interesting facts about the coup

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Adama Barrow Departs Senegal For Gambia (Photos) / Protesters Destroyed Police Station, Parliament Building In Hongkong (Photos) / Robert Mugabe Sleeping During AU Summit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.