Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,523 members, 7,812,636 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:33 PM

A Muslim Girl's Heart Desires - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / A Muslim Girl's Heart Desires (20820 Views)

Five Year Old Muslim Girl Forced To Marry / How To Prove To A Christian That Jesus Was A Muslim? / She's A Christian,am A Muslim. Can This Marriage Work? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Muslim Girl's Heart Desires by Cocodiva: 1:10pm On Aug 16, 2013
May Allah subhana wa Ta'ala reward all the hijab sisters world-wide, ease their tasks and keep their feet firm on this path of rectitude-ameen

2 Likes

Re: A Muslim Girl's Heart Desires by maclatunji: 1:15pm On Aug 16, 2013
yuzedo: Two days ago my car stalled on Third Mainland Bridge and i had it towed off the bridge for repairs. While the mechanic was working on it, i caught sight of a young mother walking with her possibly 18-month old daughter. She stopped and proceeded to wear a hijab on the little girl. Perhaps i should say "attempted", because this act was vigorously resisted by the little angel.. She cried, wailed, forced off most petulantly this religious garment with all the righteous tears and power her little body could muster. She eventually won the battle and walked away hand in hand with the exasperated mother, her victory instantly forgotten; but the peace and comfort of not having to wear that cloth radiating all over her precious face.

For some reason, her emphatic resistance of the hijab got me thinking. Don't ask me what. This story just made me remember the incident.

- yuzedo ©2013

You raise a very interesting point. The woman acted ignorantly, a Muslim girl is not obliged to use hijab until she reaches puberty. Of course, Islam expects that she would be encouraged to use it before then but not what we see with people putting babies and toddlers in hijab.

That is reflective of some degree of ignorance.

8 Likes

Re: A Muslim Girl's Heart Desires by wonlasewonimi: 1:19pm On Aug 16, 2013
I Like seeing them in Forest Gate with their Hijab and see throughs.
Re: A Muslim Girl's Heart Desires by laykhorn(m): 1:33pm On Aug 16, 2013
angry angry angry grin grin angry
golpen: Alhamdulillah;

I think plenty of our sisters are getting out of being apologetic, at least they're rolling it grin . Our campuses have stopped being the stigma zone it used to be for the hijabites. Now, in their own serene halcyon, they have gone a long way to make people know their capabilities. You see them topping the classes, winning competitions and speaking publicly, without a sense of intimidation.

They really improving more than the brothers, I must say.
You're right with this
There is a sister in the Civil Engr dept here in my school, Aisha! the lady is soething else.
she has been the best Engineering student for the past two semesters... everyone respects her like angry
golpen: Alhamdulillah;

I think plenty of our sisters are getting out of being apologetic, at least they're rolling it grin . Our campuses have stopped being the stigma zone it used to be for the hijabites. Now, in their own serene halcyon, they have gone a long way to make people know their capabilities. You see them topping the classes, winning competitions and speaking publicly, without a sense of intimidation.

They really improving more than the brothers, I must say.
You're right with this
There is a sister in the Civil Engr dept here in my school, Aisha! the lady is soething else.
she has been the best Engineering student for the past two semesters... everyone respects her

2 Likes

Re: A Muslim Girl's Heart Desires by Sike(m): 1:35pm On Aug 16, 2013
Afro connect: its a shame that we allow ourselves to be caged by religion...If human race does not use his sense,and disregard senseless religious dogma-religion will destroy this world.
Shuttup there! What'd U know?!
Re: A Muslim Girl's Heart Desires by moscobabs(m): 1:35pm On Aug 16, 2013
but it would be bad if u eventually go to hell with this Sacrifices u made on earth.

2 Likes

Re: A Muslim Girl's Heart Desires by bushwailo: 1:38pm On Aug 16, 2013
So the write up is about a Muslim girl's desire "I want" vs what is expected of her.

Basically a Muslim girl is like any other girl but living with restraints.

Just reminds me of cyndi lauper song title "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun" grin grin

We'll for me I am not discriminatory when it comes to girls.

I can see through hijabs as with jeans and skirt.

1 Like

Re: A Muslim Girl's Heart Desires by AmeerahFKI(f): 1:48pm On Aug 16, 2013
Coco diva: May Allah subhana wa Ta'ala reward all the hijab sisters world-wide, ease their tasks and keep their feet firm on this path of rectitude-ameen

Aameen!!!
Re: A Muslim Girl's Heart Desires by slap1(m): 1:55pm On Aug 16, 2013
If my post is offensive, just hide it.
Re: A Muslim Girl's Heart Desires by Peterkleva(m): 1:55pm On Aug 16, 2013
cry
Re: A Muslim Girl's Heart Desires by Nobody: 1:58pm On Aug 16, 2013
we never even finish page 1 and enuff hidden posts already..hmmm

@op, nice write up to the girl.
Re: A Muslim Girl's Heart Desires by IAMBREEZY: 2:01pm On Aug 16, 2013
Good
Re: A Muslim Girl's Heart Desires by slap1(m): 2:06pm On Aug 16, 2013
Thank you for hiding the truth my post and not banning me.
Re: A Muslim Girl's Heart Desires by Orikinla(m): 2:14pm On Aug 16, 2013
golpen: From dawahnigeria fb page...like them

Sometimes,
I want to open my Hijab,
and show the world
that I too,
Am beautiful in the people's definition.
But,
Deep down here,
in my little heart,
I know that beauty is by definition, a mystery.
And it is forever more rewarding,
to be beautiful in God's eyes.

Sometimes,
I want to wear ruffled dresses & tight jeans
show off what I really look like,
under those baggy shirts & loosely fitted pants
make a statement that I too have a figure and worth looking at.
But,
I know better,
to avoid entering the world of men's imagination,
for I love my future hubby
and I am ashamed,
what should be his, has already be unveiled by others.

Sometimes,
I want to show the world,
the other side of me,
the bubblier, bolder and crazier me,
put myself on display
for everyone to see, to be desired and admired upon.
But,
I know that eyes are not just eyes
seeing is not just seeing,
Image & Respect are gained,
Shame & Humility deserve a better place...

Copied from Abdusalam Hiqmat Kehinde
August 14, 2013

Na today?
I beg make we hear word.
Orikinla dey see through dress, hijab, burqa and all

The hijab wearing babe next block deliberately leaves the street to pass through my office and then pauses in front of me to check her BB. What do you think she is looking for? The moon? Of course, she has a crush on Orikinla, the Knight of Love. But I am no longer single. My own Aisha is in Kogi. grin
Re: A Muslim Girl's Heart Desires by Ishilove: 2:14pm On Aug 16, 2013
ecolime: Nice post

@Yuzedo: Shey na you be dat abi person don hack your nairaland account?.. Na you dey blow clean grammar like this? Na waoh shocked
lol. You're a learner. The guy that lives in banana iceland and writes in bolded fonts is sweetus 'oyege' oyoyo, while the person who commented on this thread is yuzedo. Learn the difference. cheesy
Re: A Muslim Girl's Heart Desires by Nobody: 2:18pm On Aug 16, 2013
I must confess I fell in love with these piece against my wish! If there is anything I like about muslim, it is the modesty of their ladies. But for their men... I could only smh!

1 Like

Re: A Muslim Girl's Heart Desires by Mintayo(m): 2:23pm On Aug 16, 2013
Nice right-up,but i believe we know hijab just like any other cloth is covering just the 'body' but not the Heart(the real you)!

1 Like

Re: A Muslim Girl's Heart Desires by Orikinla(m): 2:38pm On Aug 16, 2013
Mintayo: Nice right-up,but i believe we know hijab just like any other cloth is covering just the 'body' but not the Heart(the real you)!
Two thumbs up.
Re: A Muslim Girl's Heart Desires by Lamasta(m): 2:54pm On Aug 16, 2013
Is this an Almajiri class or islamic students forum? Just asking
Re: A Muslim Girl's Heart Desires by briliantsak(m): 2:54pm On Aug 16, 2013
By ALLAH, i respect all sisters in Niqab/jelibab...Barakah lahu fih nd Allah swt wil make it easy 4 our sisters
Re: A Muslim Girl's Heart Desires by briliantsak(m): 2:57pm On Aug 16, 2013
Orikinla:

Na today?
I beg make we hear word.
Orikinla dey see through dress, hijab, burqa and all

The hijab wearing babe next block deliberately leaves the street to pass through my office and then pauses in front of me to check her BB. What do you think she is looking for? The moon? Of course, she has a crush on Orikinla, the Knight of Love. But I am no longer single. My own Aisha is in Kogi. grin
lo di fa fun
Re: A Muslim Girl's Heart Desires by shidof(m): 3:23pm On Aug 16, 2013
Bravo, nice nd informative. masha Allah
Re: A Muslim Girl's Heart Desires by bukatyne(f): 3:41pm On Aug 16, 2013
golpen: From dawahnigeria fb page...like them

Sometimes,
I want to open my Hijab,
and show the world
that I too,
Am beautiful in the people's definition.
But,
Deep down here,
in my little heart,
I know that beauty is by definition, a mystery.
And it is forever more rewarding,
to be beautiful in God's eyes.

Sometimes,
I want to wear ruffled dresses & tight jeans
show off what I really look like,
under those baggy shirts & loosely fitted pants
make a statement that I too have a figure and worth looking at.
But,
I know better,
to avoid entering the world of men's imagination,
for I love my future hubby
and I am ashamed,
what should be his, has already be unveiled by others.

Sometimes,
I want to show the world,
the other side of me,
the bubblier, bolder and crazier me,
put myself on display
for everyone to see, to be desired and admired upon.
But,
I know that eyes are not just eyes
seeing is not just seeing,
Image & Respect are gained,
Shame & Humility deserve a better place...

Copied from Abdusalam Hiqmat Kehinde
August 14, 2013

Can someone please explain the bolded?
Re: A Muslim Girl's Heart Desires by raeez(m): 4:02pm On Aug 16, 2013
Just like we see xtian catholic fathers having children and doing other stuffs dat are against their preaching so will u c few people doing some bad stuffs under their hijab but dat does not nullify the essence of what the hijab or the priest robe or whatever the call it stand for. The hijab stands for modesty and its a fact that an average muslim or xtian on d street respects anybody in hijab

3 Likes

Re: A Muslim Girl's Heart Desires by blackmale500: 4:18pm On Aug 16, 2013
my sister, if tht is the case.... then, soji ara e (tu ninu ide)
Re: A Muslim Girl's Heart Desires by Nobody: 4:36pm On Aug 16, 2013
If given d chance, a lot of us would do witout it. its somtimes a burden especialy wen our men insist dat we cover even our eyes, feets and hands.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

14 Tips for Raising Great children / Bauchi Shari'a Commission Destroys Bottles Of Alcoholic Drinks / What Islam Says About Non-muslims Holiday And Celebrating Them

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.