Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,520 members, 7,812,622 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:19 PM

A Muslim Girl's Heart Desires - Islam for Muslims (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / A Muslim Girl's Heart Desires (20819 Views)

Five Year Old Muslim Girl Forced To Marry / How To Prove To A Christian That Jesus Was A Muslim? / She's A Christian,am A Muslim. Can This Marriage Work? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Muslim Girl's Heart Desires by Msgamble: 1:26pm On Aug 20, 2013
What? Am just remembering few muslim ladies(cos most doesn't wear it) still wearing hijab that it is unislamic(?) buh purely arabian n persian culture, that their sister in turkey,tunisia n kazak etc doesn't wear it because they realized the truth am now telling u..don't b fooled by arab
Re: A Muslim Girl's Heart Desires by vedaxcool(m): 2:17pm On Aug 20, 2013

And Mary wore the Hijab unless she did not realise the truth then, something Europeans did for so many centuries

1 Like

Re: A Muslim Girl's Heart Desires by BetaThings: 3:55pm On Aug 20, 2013
bukatyne:

So what brought spaghetti into your posts or are you trying to say that all non-hijabites wear spaghetti?

Which post was coded?

I bolded the part I needed clarification and I am yet to get one.

Do you care to explain?
It will not be fair for me to explain until you answer my own questions, I was sportsmanly enough to answer your question
You ignored mine and are piling on new ones
Re: A Muslim Girl's Heart Desires by bukatyne(f): 4:17pm On Aug 20, 2013
BetaThings:
It will not be fair for me to explain until you answer my own questions, I was sportsmanly enough to answer your question
You ignored mine and are piling on new ones

In Okija's words...

Huh?

What kwestion did you hask?

My opening post on this thread was a question
Re: A Muslim Girl's Heart Desires by BetaThings: 4:24pm On Aug 20, 2013
Msgamble: d same reason u ppl bear arabic name while calling it Allah' name, wore cloth lyk 'gele' over ur head(men) n hijab(women), read ur book in arabic only neglecting translated version,marrying several wives n countless concubines n u tell 'arab n islam' as no line, mind u, ur religion is purely arabian culture n nting else..don't b fooled..wake up
You speak English, don't you? The collar used by your priests is an African traditional dress?
The skullcap your priests wear, the tongues you speak in are African?
The monogamy you practise is actually what is alien to African culture
If I accuse you of idol worship you will disagree. So why are you running away from the African tradition of idol worship?

I can go and on. But looks like you believe that being a christian you are automatically wise while being muslims, we are automatically impressionable and liable to being fooled. One day, you will realise that life is not that simple

1 Like

Re: A Muslim Girl's Heart Desires by bukatyne(f): 4:51pm On Aug 20, 2013
BetaThings:
You speak English, don't you? The collar used by your priests is an African traditional dress?
The skullcap your priests wear, the tongues you speak in are African?

If I accuse you of idol worship you will disagree. So why are you running away from the African tradition of idol worship?

I can go and on. But looks like you believe that being a christian you are automatically wise while being muslims, we are automatically impressionable and liable to being fooled. One day, you will realise that life is not that simple

Christianity is a way of life and we still lead our lives as Nigerians.

Typical Yoruba Christian, Igbo Christian, Hausa Christian, English Christian, American Christian, Indian Christian etc. would be different from each other but their core values would still be the same.

As for the bolded, How can speaking in tongues or monogamy be African or un-African? Do you know another tribe that speak in tongues?
Re: A Muslim Girl's Heart Desires by Cocodiva: 5:28pm On Aug 20, 2013
Msgamble: What? Am just remembering few muslim ladies(cos most doesn't wear it) still wearing hijab that it is unislamic(?) buh purely arabian n persian culture, that their sister in turkey,tunisia n kazak etc doesn't wear it because they realized the truth am now telling u..don't b fooled by arab

Seriously,you're not making any sense and I'v come to realise that trying to reason with you may be fruitless.I'l advice you to seek knowledge that'l take you out of your present state of ignorance
Re: A Muslim Girl's Heart Desires by Msgamble: 11:44pm On Aug 20, 2013
vedaxcool:

And Mary wore the Hijab unless she did not realise the truth then, something Europeans did for so many centuries
Av already told hijab is part of their dressing(even pagan) against dust in arabian desert, u're just comfirming my point that it 'unislamic' buh arab culture.. Ladies, with hijab u're likely to b left-over rueing ur loss 'no hubby'..get familiar with history don't b fooled
Re: A Muslim Girl's Heart Desires by maclatunji: 12:30am On Aug 21, 2013
Msgamble: Av already told hijab is part of their dressing(even pagan) against dust in arabian desert, u're just comfirming my point that it 'unislamic' buh arab culture.. Ladies, with hijab u're likely to b left-over rueing ur loss 'no hubby'..get familiar with history don't b fooled

Repeating ignorance will not make it wisdom. The essence of the hijab for women is clearly stated in the Quran. That you don't like it is only an element of your disbelief.

You keep repeating 'Arab culture', what do you know about 'Arab culture'? Nothing, if Islam was about Arab culture, then the hijab would not be legislated for Muslim women because the Arab women did not take it as a duty before its legislation in the Quran much in the same way you don't use it. And for your information, the hijab goes beyond covering your hair with a headscarf.

By the way, Brazil is hot and has sandy beaches, we have women there dress scantily. Do you think Arab women prior to Islam too did not have scanty clothing to avoid heat?

And about Mary (RA), it is beyond your comprehension that decent women throughout history have always used head coverings as a symbol of dignity, it was a part of a proper lady's apparel in Europe especially Britain to use a bonnet sometimes accompanied with a veil just 150-200 years ago.

Christian Nuns till today wear hijab but because you are too one-dimensional, you forgot. Quite frankly, you have derailed this thread enough with your ignorance. It is time to close shop.
Re: A Muslim Girl's Heart Desires by maclatunji: 12:41am On Aug 21, 2013
bukatyne:

Typical Yoruba Christian, Igbo Christian, Hausa Christian, English Christian, American Christian, Indian Christian etc. would be different from each other but their core values would still be the same.

As for the bolded, How can speaking in tongues or monogamy be African or un-African? Do you know another tribe that speak in tongues?

I always laugh when you make such simplistic and false assertions. CCC Church members walk barefoot to church, 7th day Adventists see Saturdays as their holy day of worship. What is the Christian way of slaughtering animals? Can a Christian man have sex with his menstruating wife without blame? Should a Christian woman breastfeed her baby or not and for how long? Can a Christian worship in a mosque?

Trust me, you don't have answers that are codified to such questions in Christianianity, that is why Chris Oyakhilome can tell you that there is nothing wrong with masturbation.

Christianity is far from being a "way of life"madam, wake up and smell the coffee.

1 Like

Re: A Muslim Girl's Heart Desires by bukatyne(f): 8:57am On Aug 21, 2013
maclatunji:

I always laugh when you make such simplistic and false assertions. CCC Church members walk barefoot to church, 7th day Adventists see Saturdays as their holy day of worship. What is the Christian way of slaughtering animals? Can a Christian man have sex with his menstruating wife without blame? Should a Christian woman breastfeed her baby or not and for how long? Can a Christian worship in a mosque?

Trust me, you don't have answers that are codified to such questions in Christianianity, that is why Chris Oyakhilome can tell you that there is nothing wrong with masturbation.

Christianity is far from being a "way of life"madam, wake up and smell the coffee.

Dude,

I imagine a Muslim arguing with me if Christianity is a way of life or not with courage.

Talk of saying nonsense with boldness...

When you quote me esp. in religious matters, speak English.
Re: A Muslim Girl's Heart Desires by vedaxcool(m): 8:58am On Aug 21, 2013
Msgamble: Av already told hijab is part of their dressing(even pagan) against dust in arabian desert, u're just comfirming my point that it 'unislamic' buh arab culture.. Ladies, with hijab u're likely to b left-over rueing ur loss 'no hubby'..get familiar with history don't b fooled

were you reading with your eyes closed, are you insinuating Jesus's Mum Mary was following Pagan culture! poor you, if pagan culture promotes decency it is better you follow than dress indecently!
Re: A Muslim Girl's Heart Desires by golpen(m): 9:17am On Aug 21, 2013
bukatyne:

Dude,

I imagine a Muslim arguing with me if Christianity is a way of life or not with courage.

Talk of saying nonsense with boldness...

When you quote me esp. in religious matters, speak English.

Is that the answer to the questions he asked you? I don't know what english you expect, but I don't think I read any spanish in his words. You accuse him of speaking with courage when you couldn't nullify his claims. You better keep up shut if you don't have any viable response and if I must agree with you that christianity is a way of life, then I'll say it is a baseless way of life!.

2 Likes

Re: A Muslim Girl's Heart Desires by bukatyne(f): 9:27am On Aug 21, 2013
golpen:

Is that the answer to the questions he asked you? I don't know what english you expect, but I don't think I read any spanish in his words. You accuse him of speaking with courage when you couldn't nullify his claims. You better keep up shut if you don't have any viable response and if I must agree with you that christianity is a way of life, then I'll say it is a baseless way of life!.

golpen,

If you cannot contribute meaningfully to a discourse, you steer clear of it.

I did not see the correlation of his post to mine and I am expecting him to explain. If you care to explain, I will appreciate it.

@bolded,

I hope you noted the warning in red. I am sure you have not realized that the Islam has been changed to any religion
Re: A Muslim Girl's Heart Desires by BetaThings: 10:52am On Aug 21, 2013
bukatyne:

In Okija's words...

Huh?

What kwestion did you hask?

I am beginning to see similarities in your attitude and that of some your brethren

bukatyne:

My opening post on this thread was a question
Not addressed to me specifically. So I am free to pass on it
I answered the question you put to me. You did not answer mine and I used the word fairness in pointing that out
Civility is not trepidation
Re: A Muslim Girl's Heart Desires by bukatyne(f): 11:07am On Aug 21, 2013
BetaThings:

I am beginning to see similarities in your attitude and that of some your brethren

Not addressed to me specifically. So I am free to pass on it
I answered the question you put to me. You did not answer mine and I used the word fairness in pointing that out
Civility is not trepidation

Similarities between whom?

What question(s) did you ask me?

Please ask again, I might have missed it.
Re: A Muslim Girl's Heart Desires by BetaThings: 11:16am On Aug 21, 2013
bukatyne:

Did you read the post I responded to?
So you actually agree with him that

(a) polygamy is not indigenous to us and is borrowed from the Arabs?
(b) Wearing a cap is alien to Africa or that most muslim men wear Arab head dress?

bukatyne:
You can pick and choose but you cannot shy away from the fact that your brethren introduced the idea that Muslims follow strange culture
[b]IF [/b]strong affinity to indigenous culture is what makes your own belief authentic, why do you speak in tongues and why is the intonation/words far removed from our local languages?

1 Like

Re: A Muslim Girl's Heart Desires by golpen(m): 11:21am On Aug 21, 2013
bukatyne:

golpen,

If you cannot contribute meaningfully to a discourse, you steer clear of it.

I did not see the correlation of his post to mine and I am expecting him to explain. If you care to explain, I will appreciate it.

@bolded,

I hope you noted the warning in red. I am sure you have not realized that the Islam has been changed to any religion

It is you who needs to read and re-read if it takes you to do so. You don't mean you still need an explanation after how comprehensive he has replied you. Ok here is the explanation, hope you get it right this time.

You mention people with different cultures maintaining their core values as christians despite being their respective igbo, hausa or yoruba and so on, but let me put it that christianity has no ruling or guidelines about some situations that bring men together irrespective of the tribe and race, that is why it is grossly affected by civilisation and the indecencies that come with it.

Try answering the question on his post again, then you shall understand better. And if christianity truly has no answer to all that, then how is it a baseful way of life?
Re: A Muslim Girl's Heart Desires by bukatyne(f): 12:19pm On Aug 21, 2013
Thanks for repeating the question

BetaThings:

Did you read the post I responded to?
So you actually agree with him that

(a) polygamy is not indigenous to us and is borrowed from the Arabs?
(b) Wearing a cap is alien to Africa or that most muslim men wear Arab head dress?

I was not agreeing with anybody...

I was addressing the Christian part. As for polygamy, I don't the Arabs started it. I also believe that Africans were polygamous b/4 Islam. I could be wrong though

The point I was bringing out was that I could still live my life as a typical Yoruba person and worship God to the fullest. Dress like one, sing and pray like one, greet like one etc.

BetaThings: You can pick and choose but you cannot shy away from the fact that your brethren introduced the idea that Muslims follow strange culture
[b]IF [/b]strong affinity to indigenous culture is what makes your own belief authentic, why do you speak in tongues and why is the intonation/words far removed from our local languages?

Like I said, I was addressing the Christianity part. We all different ways from viewing things and only very few things can be said to specific to one culture

I do not believe that the authenticity of Christianity is based on affinity to indigenous culture else as culture changes, the authenticity will be questionable. I only explained Christianity as a way of life.

As for 'Speaking in tongues', it is a gift of the Holy Spirit. In the Bible, when the Apostles first spoke in tongues, people from far countries who listened to their preaching could hear their languages spoken. Just as Greek or Latin or Hebrew is 'tongues' to us, Yoruba is tongues to the Spanish man. It is the ability to speak a language you did not learn and have probably not heard by the help of the Holy Spirit for a period of time esp prayers.

If I start praying and I speak in Hausa fluently, I am speaking in tongues. There was a testimony of a Yoruba person who wanted to commit suicide and during a sermon in a foreign country, a prophet spoke in tongues (Yoruba) to comfort him.

I hope I have answered you questions

1 Like

Re: A Muslim Girl's Heart Desires by bukatyne(f): 12:43pm On Aug 21, 2013
golpen:

It is you who needs to read and re-read if it takes you to do so. You don't mean you still need an explanation after how comprehensive he has replied you. Ok here is the explanation, hope you get it right this time.

You mention people with different cultures maintaining their core values as christians despite being their respective igbo, hausa or yoruba and so on, but let me put it that christianity has no ruling or guidelines about some situations that bring men together irrespective of the tribe and race, that is why it is grossly affected by civilisation and the indecencies that come with it.

Try answering the question on his post again, then you shall understand better. And if christianity truly has no answer to all that, then how is it a baseful way of life?

Excuse me
Re: A Muslim Girl's Heart Desires by tpia5: 2:17pm On Aug 21, 2013

seriously though, when did polygamy start being regarded as exclusively african culture, when Mohammed was a monogamist for 25 years, and Abraham was also a monogamist till well over 100?

there is no record of the practice being considered unusual by those around them, shows it was probably relatively widespread?

africa is relevant here because back in those days, the population of africa wasnt the same as it was now.
Re: A Muslim Girl's Heart Desires by onegig(m): 8:13am On Aug 22, 2013
bukatyne:

oh! So you are saying indigenous followers are allowed to marry more than one wife if its a culture being practised by the indigenous people.
Re: A Muslim Girl's Heart Desires by bukatyne(f): 8:47am On Aug 22, 2013
onegig: oh! So you are saying indigenous followers are allowed to marry more than one wife if its a culture being practised by the indigenous people.

I believe the bolded below answers your question

bukatyne:

1 Like

Re: A Muslim Girl's Heart Desires by Lalalaila(f): 9:12pm On Aug 22, 2013
interfaith dialogue is a good thing but how did this thread go from what a Muslim girls hart dieresis to such dialogue?? also what is all this about alien cultures?

the western world forgets that the roots of their own cultures and beliefs came out of the Middle East and is so integral to their way of life the two cant really be pulled apart. History is written by the victors and the truth is easily overshadowed!! I find these arguments so annoying, I even had someone ask me why I had an English name lol. Hers was Hannah so I asked her why she had an aramaic name shocked
Re: A Muslim Girl's Heart Desires by Lalalaila(f): 9:14pm On Aug 22, 2013
I saw that someone had shared a boona mohamed poem earlier so I thought I would add my favorite one to the mix

boonaa mohammed for the love

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySf0hCJfdvU
Re: A Muslim Girl's Heart Desires by golpen(m): 11:25am On Aug 23, 2013
bukatyne:

Excuse me

you'll never understand.
Re: A Muslim Girl's Heart Desires by Msgamble: 8:11pm On Aug 24, 2013
Islam n d so-called arab culture connection(none of u av prooved these wrong..hijab in 21st century in west-africa for ladies can b likened to 'shackles', it is for arab penisular/desert women,ladies n girl nt for U..free urself
Re: A Muslim Girl's Heart Desires by Cocodiva: 11:22am On Aug 25, 2013
Msgamble: Islam n d so-called arab culture connection(none of u av prooved these wrong..hijab in 21st century in west-africa for ladies can b likened to 'shackles', it is for arab penisular/desert women,ladies n girl nt for U..free urself

Silence is the best answer .....
Go forth and bother yourself with the unclad ones on the streets not the modest and decent ones being obedient to their Lord

3 Likes

Re: A Muslim Girl's Heart Desires by Msgamble: 8:12pm On Aug 25, 2013
@Cocodiva, with hijab u're nt worthy of that title 'diva', anyone who called u that is fooling u, cos u can't b attractive n would only make-up number in alhaji house cos no single man would find u 'attractive'..u called 'hijabi' decent? I can't laugh, their expliot full internet..no say i no warn u oooh..!
Re: A Muslim Girl's Heart Desires by vedaxcool(m): 9:01pm On Aug 25, 2013
Msgamble: @Cocodiva, with hijab u're nt worthy of that title 'diva', anyone who called u that is fooling u, cos u can't b attractive n would only make-up number in alhaji house cos no single man would find u 'attractive'..u called 'hijabi' decent? I can't laugh, their expliot full internet..no say i no warn u oooh..!

I must say whenever I read your post, I keep wondering whether you r trying to crack a joke that is quite boring or just simply posting to the best of your ability grin I think coco diva post remains valid until u prove otherwise!
Re: A Muslim Girl's Heart Desires by vedaxcool(m): 9:20pm On Aug 25, 2013
---

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

14 Tips for Raising Great children / Bauchi Shari'a Commission Destroys Bottles Of Alcoholic Drinks / What Islam Says About Non-muslims Holiday And Celebrating Them

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.