Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,669 members, 7,816,755 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:32 PM

Iranian Councilor Banned For Being Sexy - Islam for Muslims (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Iranian Councilor Banned For Being Sexy (34602 Views)

‘iranian Film On Prophet Un-islamic’ / Iranian Muslim Woman Becomes First Female To Win "Mathematics Nobel Prize" / Song Banned In Athens For “encouraging” Islam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Iranian Councilor Banned For Being Sexy by meta4(m): 12:28am On Aug 16, 2013
3ace: Haba, when has being séxy become an offence? All this Arabian country sef. No be Saudi ban some four guys one time say they are too attractive. These people never cease to amaze me.

unserious people. dem no know where dey pain them.
Re: Iranian Councilor Banned For Being Sexy by babsomotde(m): 12:46am On Aug 16, 2013
Too fine na sin for sharia... You must be ugly like gorilla before you can be considered good.

1 Like

Re: Iranian Councilor Banned For Being Sexy by tochman(m): 1:09am On Aug 16, 2013
Tufiakwa
Re: Iranian Councilor Banned For Being Sexy by Nobody: 3:26am On Aug 16, 2013
This is what beautiful people like us go through grin
People hating us when it is not our fault grin
Nne take heart
This too shall pass

I bet you this was championed by some dirty old men that couldn't get her to be their 4th wife so they decide to ruin her career
Bush men
Let her kuku comot the Scarf,let them go and quench
Heediots

3 Likes

Re: Iranian Councilor Banned For Being Sexy by 9jatatafo(m): 5:31am On Aug 16, 2013
Hmmm pretty face. If she was to be in Nigeria, her state governor would have made her Personal Assistant (another dimension) just as one governor did to the newest MISS MBGN in one of those South South States. In fact she will be getting allocation from the State for being astonishingly beautiful. Also the statement that politics is not for cat-walking models sounds similar to when the owner of Silverbird was told in his State that politics is not MBGN show!! Politics is a dirty game
Re: Iranian Councilor Banned For Being Sexy by deensani: 6:32am On Aug 16, 2013
Sad nowhere in the post they mentioned that the lady was banned for being 'too sexy'. Why the misleading title then? Holy front page crap!
Re: Iranian Councilor Banned For Being Sexy by capip120(m): 7:14am On Aug 16, 2013
Dis is shear foonishness
Re: Iranian Councilor Banned For Being Sexy by vedaxcool(m): 8:37am On Aug 16, 2013
I doubt that most people took time to read the op, which clearly showed she wasn't banned for being sexy but for ,

In a letter to the governor of Qazvin, [size=18pt]a coalition of religious groups condemned the "vulgar and anti-religious" posters and said they breached Islamic law.[/size]

News website IranWire reported [size=18pt]that there were other objections to her campaign. According to the website, her headquarters became a gathering place for local young people, whose behavior and clothing provoked criticism from her opponents, mostly older conservative men.
[/size]
[size=18pt]The complaint was challenged but ultimately upheld. She was disqualified for not "observing the Islamic norms.[/size]"

https://www.nairaland.com/1398248/iranian-councilor-banned-being-sexy

offcourse it always boils down to politics, but Faux news simply gave the story a misleading headline

1 Like

Re: Iranian Councilor Banned For Being Sexy by vipers: 8:38am On Aug 16, 2013
pls can I have her number am in love with her
Re: Iranian Councilor Banned For Being Sexy by Policewoman(f): 8:51am On Aug 16, 2013
If they say this lady in hijab is too sexy, what will they say if it was cosy orjiakor or afrocandy wey her poster dey for the election?
Re: Iranian Councilor Banned For Being Sexy by Sweetlemon(f): 9:17am On Aug 16, 2013
bennynaza: Sorry to derail, bt I made a bet wit my guy dat I will get more dan 10 likes before 11: 45 tonite for my (non)comment.

Abeg mak una help me as I no fit use my hand like my post. Money is @ stake.

See as wahala dey turn to kasala! D guy no wan pay me, say I do rigging.... Clash of d Titans fit hapen dis nyt oo, afterall, "d kingdom(money) suffereth violence and d violent taketh it by fire by force"

Na real wa o!
Re: Iranian Councilor Banned For Being Sexy by ChristKid1: 9:42am On Aug 16, 2013
Stegomiah:

Even with more than 10,000 votes in the June election, putting her 14th out of 163 candidates and winning her a council seat, the 27-year-old engineer and website designer had her political career cut short because she was deemed too attractive to take up the post.

"We don't want a catwalk model on the council," a senior official in Qazvin told local press.

Moradi ran under the slogan "Young ideas for a young future," pushing for better women's rights in Qazvin,
the restoration of the old city and greater youth involvement in town planning.

That was her crime. Being too sexy and pushing for women's right. She stepped out of Islamic comfort zone for women I guess.
Re: Iranian Councilor Banned For Being Sexy by benz33(m): 10:06am On Aug 16, 2013
THESE PEOPLE DEY CONDEMN GOD WORK AGAIN??
Re: Iranian Councilor Banned For Being Sexy by ddeola: 10:11am On Aug 16, 2013
What a shame !
Re: Iranian Councilor Banned For Being Sexy by J0nyb0y(m): 10:21am On Aug 16, 2013
na this 1 kum sexy dem neva see my sisters
Re: Iranian Councilor Banned For Being Sexy by hikmoj(m): 10:35am On Aug 16, 2013
ajas baba: wow she is just so sweet for my liking.

going to the airport to book a flight to iran
na wa 4 u oo
Re: Iranian Councilor Banned For Being Sexy by Nobody: 1:23pm On Aug 16, 2013
vedaxcool: I doubt that most people took time to read the op, which clearly showed she wasn't banned for being sexy but for ,

In a letter to the governor of Qazvin, a coalition of religious groups condemned the "vulgar and anti-religious" posters and said they breached Islamic law.

News website IranWire reported that there were other objections to her campaign. According to the website, her headquarters became a gathering place for local young people, whose behavior and clothing provoked criticism from her opponents, mostly older conservative men.

The complaint was challenged but ultimately upheld. She was disqualified for not "observing the Islamic norms."

https://www.nairaland.com/1398248/iranian-councilor-banned-being-sexy

offcourse it always boils down to politics, but Faux news simply gave the story a misleading headline

Please learn to read and stop defending nonsense
The people ad their ways are anti women
Anti beautiful people
Anti peace
Backward and archaic
Period
Did upon miss this

Despite promises made by Iran's new President, Hassan Rowhani, that women's civil rights [/b]will improve under his government, a city councilor has been barred from office [b]for being "too sexy"

Nina Siakhali Moradi was prevented from taking up a post on the city council in Qazvin, the ancient capital of the Persian Empire, 100 miles north west of Tehran, after her election was overturned by religious conservatives.

Even with more than 10,000 votes in the June election, putting her 14th out of 163 candidates and winning her a council seat, the 27-year-old engineer and website designer had her political career cut short because she was deemed too attractive to take up the post.

"We don't want a catwalk model on the council,
" a senior official in Qazvin told local press.

Her liberal views appeared popular with the electorate. Moradi's campaign posters showed her wearing strict hijab without a strand of hair on display.

[size=18pt]Despite this, conservative religious groups launched protests to demand her disqualification as soon as her election was confirmed.[/size]

In a letter to the governor of Qazvin, a coalition of religious groups condemned the "vulgar and anti-religious" posters and said they breached Islamic law.

News website IranWire reported that there were other objections to her campaign. According to the website, her headquarters became a gathering place for local young people, whose behavior and clothing provoked criticism from her opponents, mostly older conservative men.

The complaint was challenged but ultimately upheld. She was disqualified for not "observing the Islamic norms."

[size=18pt]Citing local media, IranWire reported that authorities had also confiscated the campaign posters of two other female candidates, Maryam Nakhostin-Ahmadi and Shahla Atefeh, and detained both for questioning.[/size]

Conclusion
SHe was popular with the youth
People loved her
They voted for her
SHe won decisively by a landslide and the stoopid men couldn't handle it

She observed strict islamic dress code but was too pretty such that they called her a catwalk model
The he goat conservatives trumped up fake charges to get rid of her and won
Same way they got rid of the other females , and even detained them read the article well
I hope they don't send Assassins to cut off her neck
I assure you that will be the next thing if she dares protest the injustice

2 Likes

Re: Iranian Councilor Banned For Being Sexy by vedaxcool(m): 2:53pm On Aug 16, 2013
babyosisi:

Please learn to read and stop defending nonsense
The people ad their ways are anti women
Anti beautiful people
Anti peace
Backward and archaic
Period
Did upon miss this

Conclusion
SHe was popular with the youth
People loved her
They voted for her
SHe won decisively by a landslide and the stoopid men couldn't handle it

She observed strict islamic dress code but was too pretty such that they called her a catwalk model
The he goat conservatives trumped up fake charges to get rid of her and won
Same way they got rid of the other females , and even detained them read the article well
I hope they don't send Assassins to cut off her neck
I assure you that will be the next thing if she dares protest the injustice

Bigots like you are beneath my dignity to waste any bandwidth upon, preferring to talking injustice of others instead of making your poor manners less pleasurable, i am not defending anyone just highlighting your ignorance and pettiness! clearly those who oppose her have made their opinion known on why they oppose which i have listed previously, the other words you highlighted clearly are the words and opinion of the media but like I said bigots like you are purely a waste of time reasoning with;

babyosisi: Thank God he had the relationship with grown Igbo women not his own daughters,underaged girls and family members like most of his tribesmen
He is a cut above the rest
Praise God

https://www.nairaland.com/babyosisi/posts/9

https://www.nairaland.com/1332418/mike-ezuruonye-chioma-chukwuka-akpotha-igbo/1#16391405

1 Like

Re: Iranian Councilor Banned For Being Sexy by FindOut(m): 4:58pm On Aug 16, 2013
vedaxcool:

Bigots like you are beneath my dignity to waste any bandwidth upon, preferring to talking injustice of others instead of making your poor manners less pleasurable, i am not defending anyone just highlighting your ignorance and pettiness! clearly those who oppose her have made their opinion known on why they oppose which i have listed previously, the other words you highlighted clearly are the words and opinion of the media but like I said bigots like you are purely a waste of time reasoning with;

https://www.nairaland.com/babyosisi/posts/9

https://www.nairaland.com/1332418/mike-ezuruonye-chioma-chukwuka-akpotha-igbo/1#16391405

shocked shocked shocked shocked Ewooo!!! grin

1 Like

Re: Iranian Councilor Banned For Being Sexy by rhames(m): 8:26pm On Aug 16, 2013
aint she sweet./
Re: Iranian Councilor Banned For Being Sexy by Nobody: 7:17am On Aug 17, 2013
She is beautiful
Re: Iranian Councilor Banned For Being Sexy by Sirdy48(m): 10:08am On Aug 17, 2013
Awwww! oh my ghosh! what an epitome of beauty! no make-up, no problem.
she really could get a man crapping his pants with her gorgeness. God is great
Re: Iranian Councilor Banned For Being Sexy by MCKULQ(m): 11:44am On Aug 17, 2013
D girl fine die. tongue

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Newborn Baby Says "Allah" Instead Of Crying (Video) / Ten Ways To Avoid Marrying The Wrong Person / Liz Anjorin ON Why She Left Christianity For Islam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.