Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,786 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:18 AM

Iranian Councilor Banned For Being Sexy - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Iranian Councilor Banned For Being Sexy (34605 Views)

‘iranian Film On Prophet Un-islamic’ / Iranian Muslim Woman Becomes First Female To Win "Mathematics Nobel Prize" / Song Banned In Athens For “encouraging” Islam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Iranian Councilor Banned For Being Sexy by Stegomiah: 11:49am On Aug 15, 2013
Despite promises made by Iran's new President, Hassan Rowhani, that women's civil rights will improve under his government, a city councilor has been barred from office for being "too sexy"

Nina Siakhali Moradi was prevented from taking up a post on the city council in Qazvin, the ancient capital of the Persian Empire, 100 miles north west of Tehran, after her election was overturned by religious conservatives.

Even with more than 10,000 votes in the June election, putting her 14th out of 163 candidates and winning her a council seat, the 27-year-old engineer and website designer had her political career cut short because she was deemed too attractive to take up the post.

"We don't want a catwalk model on the council," a senior official in Qazvin told local press.

Moradi ran under the slogan "Young ideas for a young future," pushing for better women's rights in Qazvin, the restoration of the old city and greater youth involvement in town planning.

She had been vetted and approved as a candidate by Iran's judiciary and intelligence services.

Her liberal views appeared popular with the electorate. Moradi's campaign posters showed her wearing strict hijab without a strand of hair on display.

Despite this, conservative religious groups launched protests to demand her disqualification as soon as her election was confirmed.

In a letter to the governor of Qazvin, a coalition of religious groups condemned the "vulgar and anti-religious" posters and said they breached Islamic law.

News website IranWire reported that there were other objections to her campaign. According to the website, her headquarters became a gathering place for local young people, whose behavior and clothing provoked criticism from her opponents, mostly older conservative men.

The complaint was challenged but ultimately upheld. She was disqualified for not "observing the Islamic norms."

Citing local media, IranWire reported that authorities had also confiscated the campaign posters of two other female candidates, Maryam Nakhostin-Ahmadi and Shahla Atefeh, and detained both for questioning.

President Rowhani is expected to bring a new era in women's rights. In a televised debate during his election campaign, he announced: "I will form a women's affairs ministry to return their trampled rights to them."

www.foxnews.com/world/2013/08/14/iran-bans-catwalk-model-councilwoman-from-office-over-her-looks/

Re: Iranian Councilor Banned For Being Sexy by ajasbaba(m): 11:59am On Aug 15, 2013
wow she is just so sweet for my liking.

going to the airport to book a flight to iran

7 Likes

Re: Iranian Councilor Banned For Being Sexy by dareyking(m): 12:41pm On Aug 15, 2013
I'm feeling happy jst see this woman face...sha am 2nd or 3rd to coment sha...juvenile deliquency....whr is ma ipat na??
Re: Iranian Councilor Banned For Being Sexy by jericco1(m): 12:51pm On Aug 15, 2013
Lol

1 Like

Re: Iranian Councilor Banned For Being Sexy by fastguy10: 12:53pm On Aug 15, 2013
I call it finishness
Re: Iranian Councilor Banned For Being Sexy by Fkforyou(m): 3:04pm On Aug 15, 2013
I don't give a crap about this news since it's coming from an Islam hating TV channel like Fox....they are tryin to make us forget the incident between their reporter and Reza Aslan.

8 Likes

Re: Iranian Councilor Banned For Being Sexy by Stegomiah: 3:19pm On Aug 15, 2013
Fkforyou: I don't give a crap about this news since it's coming from an Islam hating TV channel like Fox....they are tryin to make us forget the incident between their reporter and Reza Aslan.

Bro, it has nothing to do with the source, i can post several sources on this thraed, the news is genuine not false and has nothing 2 do with religion.

11 Likes

Re: Iranian Councilor Banned For Being Sexy by Fkforyou(m): 4:23pm On Aug 15, 2013
Really..?but anyway the woman is gorgeous,although am surprize she is 27...she looks 30 and above.

1 Like

Re: Iranian Councilor Banned For Being Sexy by NewAlfa: 4:27pm On Aug 15, 2013
For an hour with her, I'm ready to convert to Islam.

1 Like

Re: Iranian Councilor Banned For Being Sexy by leunamme93(m): 5:03pm On Aug 15, 2013
Re: Iranian Councilor Banned For Being Sexy by Nobody: 5:23pm On Aug 15, 2013
her dressing z ok
Re: Iranian Councilor Banned For Being Sexy by RichDad1(m): 6:57pm On Aug 15, 2013
so you guys only need Shepopotamus in you congress abi?

6 Likes

Re: Iranian Councilor Banned For Being Sexy by Simonet: 7:23pm On Aug 15, 2013
I think they should put a check on their erections, rather! grin

22 Likes

Re: Iranian Councilor Banned For Being Sexy by Nobody: 7:39pm On Aug 15, 2013

Ay rememmba wen I was a sexy mama!
Ay rememmba, now I'm just a troll!!

2 Likes

Re: Iranian Councilor Banned For Being Sexy by HezronLorraine(m): 7:43pm On Aug 15, 2013
Where is the sexy.I was expecting to see picture of a lady who dresses sexy not in that black gown.she's pretty.sexy,far from it.

Would love to comment on something else,but that red words over my post box is annoying so I keep my comment for another day.

2 Likes

Re: Iranian Councilor Banned For Being Sexy by OCTAVO: 7:43pm On Aug 15, 2013
Wetin do her dressing na?
All these extremists sha!

3 Likes

Re: Iranian Councilor Banned For Being Sexy by kokoye(m): 7:44pm On Aug 15, 2013
She carry front
She carry back
She do package

??

3 Likes

Re: Iranian Councilor Banned For Being Sexy by henryvirus(m): 7:46pm On Aug 15, 2013
so dey nw need old hags abi mtchew. anyways she fit cum naturalise 4 naija,shez beautiful;nd frm her qualifications,too brainy 2 waste

2 Likes

Re: Iranian Councilor Banned For Being Sexy by Vado(m): 7:46pm On Aug 15, 2013
Rubbish!
Re: Iranian Councilor Banned For Being Sexy by Bryancrox(m): 7:46pm On Aug 15, 2013
Nigeria need dis kind of sexy women in d government,such kind of women will boost our economy...Extending my kiss muah ("_")
Re: Iranian Councilor Banned For Being Sexy by bennynaza(m): 7:47pm On Aug 15, 2013
Sorry to derail, bt I made a bet wit my guy dat I will get more dan 10 likes before 11: 45 tonite for my (non)comment.

Abeg mak una help me as I no fit use my hand like my post. Money is @ stake.

See as wahala dey turn to kasala! D guy no wan pay me, say I do rigging.... Clash of d Titans fit hapen dis nyt oo, afterall, "d kingdom(money) suffereth violence and d violent taketh it by fire by force"

88 Likes

Re: Iranian Councilor Banned For Being Sexy by pekelepekele(m): 7:47pm On Aug 15, 2013
hmmmm , some countries are filled with deluded souls . Did she create herself? meaning God made a mistake? lipsrsealed

[size=4pt]It is a sin against God to reject anyone because of their look . They didn't create themselves!!![/size]

2 Likes

Re: Iranian Councilor Banned For Being Sexy by phil5(m): 7:48pm On Aug 15, 2013
Huh , dey nor want distctns ,strong things
Re: Iranian Councilor Banned For Being Sexy by Freiburger(m): 7:48pm On Aug 15, 2013
Yeah, done wella, her lips are tempting grin
Re: Iranian Councilor Banned For Being Sexy by zerocool(m): 7:48pm On Aug 15, 2013
27 year old beauty and brain smiley
Re: Iranian Councilor Banned For Being Sexy by mikyke(m): 7:48pm On Aug 15, 2013
So it take only ugly women to run govt in Iran. Yea ryt!

1 Like

Re: Iranian Councilor Banned For Being Sexy by bongila(f): 7:48pm On Aug 15, 2013
Islam,treating women as equals! Yeah right.

2 Likes

Re: Iranian Councilor Banned For Being Sexy by houstonia(m): 7:49pm On Aug 15, 2013
Follow me on Instagram, Black_chyld. Thanks. No be this kind story suppose take all our mb Abeg. Please I wan port from NDU to Babcock how possible is this?
Re: Iranian Councilor Banned For Being Sexy by abbeylua(m): 7:49pm On Aug 15, 2013
Rubbish.....

1 Like

Re: Iranian Councilor Banned For Being Sexy by slap1(m): 7:49pm On Aug 15, 2013
She is almost dressed like a ninja, how can her face alone be sex.y? Or the men's libIdo dey auto-pilot?

12 Likes

Re: Iranian Councilor Banned For Being Sexy by touchmeder: 7:52pm On Aug 15, 2013
Really sad undecided

2 Likes

Re: Iranian Councilor Banned For Being Sexy by 3ace(m): 7:52pm On Aug 15, 2013
Haba, when has being séxy become an offence? All this Arabian country sef. No be Saudi ban some four guys one time say they are too attractive. These people never cease to amaze me.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Newborn Baby Says "Allah" Instead Of Crying (Video) / Ten Ways To Avoid Marrying The Wrong Person / Liz Anjorin ON Why She Left Christianity For Islam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.