Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,756 members, 7,824,167 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:08 AM

Professor Andrew Nok Wins Alexander Humboldt Prize For 2013 - Science/Technology (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Professor Andrew Nok Wins Alexander Humboldt Prize For 2013 (21552 Views)

Amazing Tech Inventions Of 2013 / 2013. Best New Inventions / MTN Plans $1.3 Billion Upgrade For 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Professor Andrew Nok Wins Alexander Humboldt Prize For 2013 by teetee123: 7:58pm On Aug 25, 2013
Congrats Prof. Andrew. Nice hearing a good news out of Zaria after many years.
Glad to say he was my first biochemistry lecturer in MBBS 200 level at faculty of medicine, ABU Zaria. 1993. ( 20 years ago)
He was always talking about his research work in Japan and how he had access to all the materials at the lab. This made me vowed to do my postgraduate studies in the best setting and am doing best to represent Nigeria.
Proudly Abusite - we lead others follow
Proudly Nigerian

1 Like

Re: Professor Andrew Nok Wins Alexander Humboldt Prize For 2013 by OmerianConsult: 7:59pm On Aug 25, 2013
Wonderful, Nigerians are very smart. Only that when they choose to use their talents for evil, even the devil will be jealous of them!

1 Like

Re: Professor Andrew Nok Wins Alexander Humboldt Prize For 2013 by Nobody: 7:59pm On Aug 25, 2013
since this prize is from Germany, his achievements is worth celebrating. parasitic diseases such as malaria/plasmodiasis and sleeping sickness/ trypanosomiasis(his work) can sometimes prove difficult to treat. prof should get ready to collect his Nobel prize datz all!
Re: Professor Andrew Nok Wins Alexander Humboldt Prize For 2013 by Odehfamily(m): 8:02pm On Aug 25, 2013
I'm happy to be an ABUSITE! Ahmadu Bello University. So so unique
Re: Professor Andrew Nok Wins Alexander Humboldt Prize For 2013 by Nobody: 8:02pm On Aug 25, 2013
This is a Great Milestone in Science Research with promising prospects not just for the Nigeria but Africa generally. cool
Re: Professor Andrew Nok Wins Alexander Humboldt Prize For 2013 by oladapoa1(m): 8:02pm On Aug 25, 2013
Prof Nok. Kudos
Re: Professor Andrew Nok Wins Alexander Humboldt Prize For 2013 by AkinDavid2: 8:02pm On Aug 25, 2013
This really caught my attention, that he had all his Education in this country ignites my passion again to say when the situation gets tough the tough gets going. This is more than the energy football. Probably more than the Government recognition. Kudos to Prof. Nok and all the best brain coming out of this country.
Re: Professor Andrew Nok Wins Alexander Humboldt Prize For 2013 by PassingShot(m): 8:03pm On Aug 25, 2013
Congratulations Prof! More grease.

We as a country need more of this.
kudos once more.
Re: Professor Andrew Nok Wins Alexander Humboldt Prize For 2013 by Nobody: 8:03pm On Aug 25, 2013
Am proud to be an ABUSITE!!! Like we say "an ABU student is ahead of others naturally" HIP HIP HURRAY!!!
Re: Professor Andrew Nok Wins Alexander Humboldt Prize For 2013 by Homonide: 8:03pm On Aug 25, 2013
I was discussing the current state of Science in Nigeria a couple of weeks back, specifically whether or not studying physical and natural science courses like Physics (which i did study), Chemistry, Botany, Biochemistry, etc is worth the effort. We came to the rather disturbing conclusion that it isn't, simply because Nigerian Universities lack the facilities and Human Capital to engage in contemporary and cutting edge Research. Most of these Universities are still using obsolete Syllabus and Course materials in this age and time.
This is why achievements like Prof A.J. Nok's should be celebrated by all well-meaning people of Science. Most importantly, It shows that the black race in general, and Nigeria in particular is not a doomed race, educationally. We only need the right atmosphere and a level-playing ground to realize our full potentialities.
There are many potential Noks in Nigeria, wasting away due to non-conducive teaching and research environment. For the most populous black Country in the world, this is a big shame. I congratulate the Professor of Biochemistry for his achievement. Let us hope there is more from where that came from. What a wonderful day to be an Alumni of A.B.U., Zaria; the largest University in Sub-Saharan Africa.
Re: Professor Andrew Nok Wins Alexander Humboldt Prize For 2013 by suolboy(m): 8:05pm On Aug 25, 2013
congratulations to the amiable Prof. proudly Nigerian, truly African.
Re: Professor Andrew Nok Wins Alexander Humboldt Prize For 2013 by Nobody: 8:05pm On Aug 25, 2013
Good News
Re: Professor Andrew Nok Wins Alexander Humboldt Prize For 2013 by Nobody: 8:05pm On Aug 25, 2013
Hmm...
Re: Professor Andrew Nok Wins Alexander Humboldt Prize For 2013 by chiketee(m): 8:07pm On Aug 25, 2013
He says it wouldn't cost up to half a billion box to build a high tech genetic studies lab, so Abt 20 senators can just forfeit their monthly salaries and pastor I need 1 billion naira from 10 ppl could also take care of it too achieve this dream that would better the community medically, socially and economically. Anyway congrats to the northern prof, a good role model for an eastern dude like me

1 Like

Re: Professor Andrew Nok Wins Alexander Humboldt Prize For 2013 by Andrew3(m): 8:09pm On Aug 25, 2013
wow thats me grin
Re: Professor Andrew Nok Wins Alexander Humboldt Prize For 2013 by nbright: 8:12pm On Aug 25, 2013
Bolt2011: Congrats Prof.
Hard work always pay
I learnt he was supposed to be the VC of ABU after getting 80 percent of the votes at the senate meeting but for religious sentiments.
Kudos to a true academic icon.
Proudly Abusite!!!.... Naturally ahead
Yes.. He was elected thrice but was rejected thrice.. They later settled for Umoh

1 Like

Re: Professor Andrew Nok Wins Alexander Humboldt Prize For 2013 by elMacho(m): 8:14pm On Aug 25, 2013
ABU naturally ahead

1 Like

Re: Professor Andrew Nok Wins Alexander Humboldt Prize For 2013 by Pistolx(m): 8:14pm On Aug 25, 2013
y are pple from kaduna and jos vry short and dark skinned e.g mi,iceprince and diz man here y are pple from kaduna and jos vry short and dark skinned e.g mi,iceprince and diz man here
Re: Professor Andrew Nok Wins Alexander Humboldt Prize For 2013 by Vansnickers: 8:16pm On Aug 25, 2013
I hope he wins a Nobel Prize.
Re: Professor Andrew Nok Wins Alexander Humboldt Prize For 2013 by taharqa: 8:17pm On Aug 25, 2013
Woo!! About d Best news I hv heard in a long time..... It wud be terribly thrilling to have an African win d Nobel Prize in any of Sciences, finally. If that African is a Nigerian, that makes it even more Special. Congrats Prof. I wud Certainly be like you sm day
Re: Professor Andrew Nok Wins Alexander Humboldt Prize For 2013 by kuspa1(m): 8:17pm On Aug 25, 2013
We are so proud of u sir.
Proudly An Abusite!!!
Re: Professor Andrew Nok Wins Alexander Humboldt Prize For 2013 by kourhage: 8:21pm On Aug 25, 2013
Prof Nok has also suffered from Religious centiment in ABU yet he is taking the name to global heights. He is the right man for the post of the VC but for him been a christian. No beef, God bless him and increase his wisdom, God bless ABU, God bless Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Professor Andrew Nok Wins Alexander Humboldt Prize For 2013 by Nobody: 8:22pm On Aug 25, 2013
HNosegbe: Now THIS is a true celebrity.

Not tonto decay or beverly osu..
Re: Professor Andrew Nok Wins Alexander Humboldt Prize For 2013 by sundaynice(m): 8:23pm On Aug 25, 2013
Nice one
Re: Professor Andrew Nok Wins Alexander Humboldt Prize For 2013 by delors(m): 8:28pm On Aug 25, 2013
Impressive! Now, that's highly commendable. Kudos sir, more grace
Re: Professor Andrew Nok Wins Alexander Humboldt Prize For 2013 by bokohalal(m): 8:28pm On Aug 25, 2013
This should encourage Nigerians and the Nigerian government to fund research and development in our higher institutions. Hosting and funding Nollywood will not elevate Nigeria's profile.
Congratulations,Prof!
Re: Professor Andrew Nok Wins Alexander Humboldt Prize For 2013 by delors(m): 8:31pm On Aug 25, 2013
rubii09: Nigerians and tribalism.if it was someone from the south the comments will be higher. smh
Na u exactly dey cause tribalism. What exactly is the meaning of this your unsolicited comment? He is a Nigerian and we are proud of him. Simple! Havent we celebrated professors and high achievers from the east, west, south, middle belt and north? Why instigating tribalism man?
Re: Professor Andrew Nok Wins Alexander Humboldt Prize For 2013 by Lordave: 8:31pm On Aug 25, 2013
Op, if I dey find wetin I go read, I go go buy longman dictionary of contemporary english.

What an epistle!
Re: Professor Andrew Nok Wins Alexander Humboldt Prize For 2013 by begwong: 8:31pm On Aug 25, 2013
japhmanuel: This guy is pure genius thank God we are thesame tribe and village nd he is a family frnd in kd
Ohaii! grin
japhmanuel: This guy is pure genius thank God we are thesame tribe and village nd he is a family frnd in kd
Ohaii!
Re: Professor Andrew Nok Wins Alexander Humboldt Prize For 2013 by DrWalter: 8:35pm On Aug 25, 2013
Wow!!! Congrat..dats my dean..gr8 guy..PROUDLY ABUSITE
Re: Professor Andrew Nok Wins Alexander Humboldt Prize For 2013 by brownlord: 8:35pm On Aug 25, 2013
rubii09: Nigerians and tribalism.if it was someone from the south the comments will be higher. smh

Mad man meaning say northerners no dey go school, dem no sabi comment but only click "like" when southerners comment? that brukutu when u dey drink really dey turn ur brain upside down

1 Like

Re: Professor Andrew Nok Wins Alexander Humboldt Prize For 2013 by Nobody: 8:36pm On Aug 25, 2013
wow, this is amazing. Congrats Prof. Nok cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigerians Will See Blood Moon Tomorrow From 6:44pm To 9:21pm / World’s Tallest Woman Stands At 7ft8 / Nasa’s Webb Delivers Deepest Infrared Image Of Universe Yet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.