Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,417 members, 7,826,605 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 05:08 PM

Professor Andrew Nok Wins Alexander Humboldt Prize For 2013 - Science/Technology (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Professor Andrew Nok Wins Alexander Humboldt Prize For 2013 (21562 Views)

Amazing Tech Inventions Of 2013 / 2013. Best New Inventions / MTN Plans $1.3 Billion Upgrade For 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Professor Andrew Nok Wins Alexander Humboldt Prize For 2013 by mantote: 8:37pm On Aug 25, 2013
I graduated from Dept of Microbiology,ABU ZARIA,the largest University,North of the Lipompo and South of the Sahara.Prof Nok taught me few Biochemistry courses and I lerant few yrs after graduation that he contested for VC,won by 80percent,but the stupid Fulani/Aboki cabals under the headship of Mallam Adamu Ciroma,a religious bigot and former finance minister,that have hijacked and ruined ABU went ahead to deny this International Scholar the Once in a life time Golden opportunity to head a University like ABU.But his brillance and excellence keep making him shine.

1 Like

Re: Professor Andrew Nok Wins Alexander Humboldt Prize For 2013 by brownlord: 8:37pm On Aug 25, 2013
$lim$hady:
Prof. Nok is a close friend and coleague of my dad's. He's truly a brain, ever gentle and ready to listen. Well deserved i must say... ABU the great. PROUDLY ABUSITE!!!!

My friend park well, how e no go be elder brother of your dad, you never claim relationship with boko haramites and almajiris when full everywhere, na prof Nok won be your dad best friend

If to say the news read say "Prof. Nok has been declared wanted by EFCC" you go gree say you don hear the name atall not to talk of say na ur dad friend?

I DON TELL SEUN SEVERAL TIMES MAKE E INSTALL LIE DETECTING MACHINE FOR THIS FORUM E NO HEAR, COS THE RATE AT WHICH MOST PEOPLE HERE DEY LIE, EVEN DEVIL SELF DEY PUT HAND FOR HEAD

1 Like

Re: Professor Andrew Nok Wins Alexander Humboldt Prize For 2013 by misskenny(f): 8:40pm On Aug 25, 2013
Good one from a Nigerian, this moment, I'm proud to be a Nigerian. We r getn there.
Re: Professor Andrew Nok Wins Alexander Humboldt Prize For 2013 by mantote: 8:41pm On Aug 25, 2013
See Nairalanders,if its Tonto Dike bleeps Beverly osu,or retardeen slaps Amethief,or shippopotamus wins BBA,u will see comments in hundreds of pages.but wen it's academic excellence,like Prof Nok wins global scientific award,they won't visit that thread

1 Like

Re: Professor Andrew Nok Wins Alexander Humboldt Prize For 2013 by lif2uz(m): 8:42pm On Aug 25, 2013
I love success, I will alwayz associate with it. prof. Nok you are a paragon of success am strongly behind you keep sailing sir!
Re: Professor Andrew Nok Wins Alexander Humboldt Prize For 2013 by begwong: 8:42pm On Aug 25, 2013
Pistolx: y are pple from kaduna and jos vry short and dark skinned e.g mi,iceprince and diz man here y are pple from kaduna and jos vry short and dark skinned e.g mi,iceprince and diz man here
...and u that has the opposite traits,where has yr stock in trade taken u?

Just celebrate success bruv and throw out sentiments to the recycle bin.

Kudos prof Nok!
Re: Professor Andrew Nok Wins Alexander Humboldt Prize For 2013 by boxiposhags: 8:48pm On Aug 25, 2013
Great achievement looking forward to being a Nobel prize recipient my self. Wish it comes true
Re: Professor Andrew Nok Wins Alexander Humboldt Prize For 2013 by Speakdatruth: 8:50pm On Aug 25, 2013
mak 9ja proud man. wi gat u. tnks
Re: Professor Andrew Nok Wins Alexander Humboldt Prize For 2013 by Profeme: 8:54pm On Aug 25, 2013
Who doesnt want to identify with success?
Yungwizzzy: seems everyone here knows to the prof
Re: Professor Andrew Nok Wins Alexander Humboldt Prize For 2013 by striker9(m): 8:56pm On Aug 25, 2013
Congratulations Sir,more power...........
Re: Professor Andrew Nok Wins Alexander Humboldt Prize For 2013 by DonaldGenes(m): 8:59pm On Aug 25, 2013
quoted"he is the Director, Centre for Biotechnology Research and Training, as well as Dean Faculty of Science, Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria."

Thank God he rep' my Course, for a fact, Nigerians don't know the value of Biotechnology_it's potential is just invaluable, and for a fact,this is the reigning course all over the world, just as i fervently believe that i for one can come up with HIV/AIDS cure, i think it's a thing of willpower,zest and the motivating-environment,we can do more in this country to put us in a pole position like US and brazil, what am i using my brain for? i need to step up my thinking research skills ahhhhhhh, anyway Long live Nigeria!
Re: Professor Andrew Nok Wins Alexander Humboldt Prize For 2013 by xelazoe: 8:59pm On Aug 25, 2013
Thank you Sir and a hearty congratulations. Hardwork,diligence and humility pays definitely! He that has an ear , let him hear... Follow ur passion.. Money go pursue you grin
Re: Professor Andrew Nok Wins Alexander Humboldt Prize For 2013 by brownlord: 8:59pm On Aug 25, 2013
boxiposhags: Great achievement looking forward to being a Nobel prize recipient my self. Wish it comes true

ON FIRST TO COMMENT
Re: Professor Andrew Nok Wins Alexander Humboldt Prize For 2013 by Nobody: 8:59pm On Aug 25, 2013
This is the kind of inspiring, motivating news we want to read on Front Page! Haba..

Now, I can't wait to win some more prestigious awards, too. :p smiley

1 Like

Re: Professor Andrew Nok Wins Alexander Humboldt Prize For 2013 by brownlord: 9:01pm On Aug 25, 2013
xelazoe: Thank you Sir and a hearty congratulations. Hardwork,diligence and humility pays definitely! He that has an ear , let him hear... Follow ur passion.. Money go pursue you grin

You nor wetin to talk or wetin? why you dey telll am thank you
Re: Professor Andrew Nok Wins Alexander Humboldt Prize For 2013 by tashan: 9:05pm On Aug 25, 2013
Not suprised at all. Anyone who knows this guy's career trajectory will know that there are really no limits .
Scored the highest marks during the interview for ABU's VC position but as with all things Nigerian, politics, sentiments etc made the powers that be upturn the scores. He uses some very novel techniques around dna cloning and sequencing on trypanosome parasites.

1 Like

Re: Professor Andrew Nok Wins Alexander Humboldt Prize For 2013 by jmoore(m): 9:06pm On Aug 25, 2013
Good one. We need more brains like him
Re: Professor Andrew Nok Wins Alexander Humboldt Prize For 2013 by Wahala90: 9:07pm On Aug 25, 2013

Namibia's Dillish Wins Big Brother, The Chase 2013 For The Ladies!

https://www.nairaland.com/1411725/dillish-wins-big-brother-chase#17670964

Re: Professor Andrew Nok Wins Alexander Humboldt Prize For 2013 by Nobody: 9:13pm On Aug 25, 2013
Am happy for the Prof. it's good to see people commend and appreciate your work. All my lecturers and professors over here don't know what real research is all about, all they do is claim undergraduate students project as their own genuine research. And they keep begging for increase in salary amidst other impossible things, everyday. What a failed generation (80's)
Re: Professor Andrew Nok Wins Alexander Humboldt Prize For 2013 by mantote: 9:14pm On Aug 25, 2013
Wahala90:

Your father Mate win Scientific Award you are talking about ashewo award

1 Like

Re: Professor Andrew Nok Wins Alexander Humboldt Prize For 2013 by dalhat14(m): 9:17pm On Aug 25, 2013
Wow, he taught me biochemistry as a medical student in Zaria, a fantastic teacher he is, wish him d very best
Re: Professor Andrew Nok Wins Alexander Humboldt Prize For 2013 by Caleboha(m): 9:17pm On Aug 25, 2013
I feel honoured and privileged to have been tutored by this bloke! Smart and soft spoken. He was elected vice chancellor some years ago but ethnic hatred and religious bigotry ensured president Yar'adua never approved his election. Now the dude has moved up to higher things!
Re: Professor Andrew Nok Wins Alexander Humboldt Prize For 2013 by telim: 9:19pm On Aug 25, 2013
Wahala90:

pack well jo we they celebrate better person and you they post rubbish. big brother ko big sister ni
Re: Professor Andrew Nok Wins Alexander Humboldt Prize For 2013 by agabaI23(m): 9:22pm On Aug 25, 2013
Congrats prof

You are going to win the Nobel prize

More sinews to your bones
Re: Professor Andrew Nok Wins Alexander Humboldt Prize For 2013 by opei(m): 9:25pm On Aug 25, 2013
Kudos to you prof.patiently waiting for that NOBEL PRIZE. I am nominating you for a national award in Nigeria.
Re: Professor Andrew Nok Wins Alexander Humboldt Prize For 2013 by DonaldGenes(m): 9:26pm On Aug 25, 2013
$lim$hady:
Prof. Nok is a close friend and coleague of my dad's. He's truly a brain, ever gentle and ready to listen. Well deserved i must say... ABU the great. PROUDLY ABUSITE!!!!

Re: Professor Andrew Nok Wins Alexander Humboldt Prize For 2013 by Nobody: 9:27pm On Aug 25, 2013
REHOZIBAH:

What do you expect when Big Brother Africa English Premiership,La Liga,Video games,Ethnicity,Religious Intolerance have robbed the youths of scholastic aspirations? They are only concerned with innanities!

Congrats jare proud son of Nigeria
THAT THIS IS ON FRONTPAGE IS A MIRACLE
USUALLY ITS TONTO DIKE OR SOMETHING EQUALLY FOOLISH
THAT GETS NOTICED
Re: Professor Andrew Nok Wins Alexander Humboldt Prize For 2013 by johnkay1(m): 9:28pm On Aug 25, 2013
kudos to u prof. We need money in our education sector rather than all those futile, white elephant project that our government lavish our money on... I can't wait to commence my own research on cure of spongiform encephalopathie....
Re: Professor Andrew Nok Wins Alexander Humboldt Prize For 2013 by 1121: 9:28pm On Aug 25, 2013
Very good, intelligent and friendly man. His office is always opened for students who need his help. he is so humble and speaks softly. Congrats prof, more power to ur elbow
Re: Professor Andrew Nok Wins Alexander Humboldt Prize For 2013 by Pet79(m): 9:28pm On Aug 25, 2013
Kudos Prof.
Re: Professor Andrew Nok Wins Alexander Humboldt Prize For 2013 by jmoore(m): 9:29pm On Aug 25, 2013
Wahala90:
Namibia's ************

See your life. smh
Re: Professor Andrew Nok Wins Alexander Humboldt Prize For 2013 by DonaldGenes(m): 9:29pm On Aug 25, 2013
Wahala90:

that moment when if i feel more like"

guy take your mumu off this thread

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigerians Will See Blood Moon Tomorrow From 6:44pm To 9:21pm / World’s Tallest Woman Stands At 7ft8 / Nasa’s Webb Delivers Deepest Infrared Image Of Universe Yet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.