Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,441 members, 7,819,632 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:35 PM

Fashola's Performance Is Overblown – CACOL - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola's Performance Is Overblown – CACOL (18351 Views)

Fashola Can’t Run Power Ministry Like He Ran Lagos —CACOL / CACOL To Sue EFCC For Not Probing Fashola / Nigeria Corruption Rating Is Political, Overblown – Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola's Performance Is Overblown – CACOL by Manlado: 10:46am On Aug 16, 2013
collynzo2: Don't mind the hypocrites, debt is now a good thing because it involves Fashola. If it was the president or an Igbo governor, the story would have been different.

Debt has always been a good thing.
What is important is to have a marching revenue?

Debt saves time.
Brings grow faster.
Except when wasted.

Is it that knowledge base of this forum is so low the you have to question most of what you read?
Re: Fashola's Performance Is Overblown – CACOL by musiwa1c: 10:48am On Aug 16, 2013
look.. we all know that the jonathan /sambo ticket can not continue after 2015. we all know that, 8 years of the east/north ticket. it is only fair in 2015 to have west on that ticket.

look west will build an atomic bomb and drop it on your head.

there is nowhere in nigeria law that says only governor can be president. it is insulting to nigerian that governors/ministers are telling us, that they are the only one who can be president. telling us that only a governor/minister can be president. i have never heard it anywhere in the world..

you show me .

all the governors are only fighting for them self. this is where i am upset. they have all seen the satellite picture and they know the implication of the picture, but they are still fighting for them self. me, me, me, me and me most be president .. that all they post on the internet. because of self, they refuse to fight for issue that will last after they have left office.

if you are been in government for 8 to 16 years.. is it not time for you people to give way

there is a need for us to solve the problem. this is my concern..

is it not a shock that the president of nigeria and all governors, nobody knows the meaning of sovereignty ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=998tSBoa3lo

1 Like

Re: Fashola's Performance Is Overblown – CACOL by debbydominic(f): 10:51am On Aug 16, 2013
And they don't like you either. angrySMH

hardbody:

Debo is an igbo man, these igbo people ehnn, i so dislike them
Re: Fashola's Performance Is Overblown – CACOL by vislabraye(m): 10:53am On Aug 16, 2013
Akainzo:

My guy, if Peter Obi led Anambra is not owing any kobo, then I can understand why the state is stagnant.

Gues what, Dangote owes in billions of naira more than the Okada man, if the okad man wants, he can pride himself on not owing anybody, but he should also accept the differences in the progress that Dangote would make compared to him.

Dangote is owing who ? I guess you'll say BiLl Gate is also owing. Dangote may have borrowed in the past but he's very solvent.
It seems like ur telling me that owing is now a virtue and an evidence of shrewdness. You can see the problem Nigeria went through accumulating debts. Okay Oh.

1 Like

Re: Fashola's Performance Is Overblown – CACOL by chucky234(m): 10:55am On Aug 16, 2013
Okdanny: Truth is better bt must be said ......fashola is a very nice governor but i believe LAGOS is not the only town in the state , there are many villages also in d state dat need development too why focused only in lagos,,,,so for fashola to reach the standard of been the best gov ever he should look into dat also because i knw many villages in lag state ll be suffering in terms of roads and other infrastructures,,,,,,,i think IMO gov is working on this on that state but the truth is they are all playing politics because i knw they both av one ambition wch is ruling Nigeria , of wch wen they clinch there they ll turn to monsters ...
Villages in Lagos state?
This must be a joke, next time use slumps.
Re: Fashola's Performance Is Overblown – CACOL by anonimi: 10:56am On Aug 16, 2013
mapet: @Anonimi,

stop being disingenous with your frivolous use of information out of context.

1. The issue of 17month backlog was a fallout of monies being owed when lecturers went on strike in the past.
2. Facts even from the report stated clearly that as soon as was agreed, Lagos State Government clearly fulfilled their part of the bargain
3. The Lecturers' grouse is the fact LASU management's unilateral decision to split it's own share of the 50% contribution
4. Your analysis on Soludo is just LAME. Have you passed through any University at all

Abeg oga, sorry sir, I nor pass through university oh.
Na pass by I bin just pass by the gate. E come be like sey you don forget sey I bin wave you that time wey I pass by instead of passing through
Mtscheeeeeeeeeeeeew.

LASU academic & NON-ACADEMIC staff were owed 17 months salary despite hike in fees from 25k to 250k- FACT.

3 Likes

Re: Fashola's Performance Is Overblown – CACOL by agitator: 10:58am On Aug 16, 2013
bloggernaija: Some people are just plain silly and innumerate
First of all let us distribute that 20 billion naira per head .
That is thousand naira. Barely $7/head.
Note that a lot of work has to be done to even raise this revenue.
What can you do with this amount of money

Over a 1000 public schools,many of whom contain children of economic refugees from other state who have been discarded .
An extensive network of roads,bridges and drainage which has to be consistently and frequently maintained.
The massive security challenges.
The large amount of refuse generated .

talktimi: Any governor can pave a few roads and plant a few flowers, call the press and people will clap for him saying he's the best thing since ice cream was invented. Now the LASG is blaming its ineptitude on the influx of non Lagosians into the state which i rate as a very lazy argument but suprisingly my "enlightened & sophisticated" fellow electorate have bought into this silly excuse. The LASG isnt paying these "foreigners" or even "indigents" any form of welfare allowance but rather enforcing one of the most effective tax regimes this country has ever seen at least in recent times. Education, health care, transportation etc sector by sector there would have been a far bigger revolution with 20 billion naira monthly & over 600 billion in loans than is presently on ground and that is the bitter truth. The solution starts by handing LG's their autonomy since they're closer to the masses. The FG is an argument for another day.

Thank you talktimi for a good response. They always make noise as if Lagos State government is feeding people with Amala.

People pay to use the only roads he has constructed, but everytime they keep complaining as if the man dey allocate money to feed, transport, pay electricity bills, medical bills, etc for people. undecided undecided undecided

5 Likes

Re: Fashola's Performance Is Overblown – CACOL by softwareman(m): 11:01am On Aug 16, 2013
To me the starting point is to look at the internationally accepted standards for measuring performance of government.
Afterwards we can then use those to benchmarks to do a scientific analysis of the performance of the lagos state government both under fashola and tinubu, so that we can then draw our conclusions based on facts and figures.
benchmark Number one:Economic Growth
Let me take you back to 1999:
The avarage monthly IGR of lagos was 650 million naira
the ratio of capital to recurrent expenditure in Lagos state was 33:57 %
The size of the first budget tinubu presented to the Lagos state house of assembly was 1 billion naira.
fast forward
by 2009, the balance has been shifted decisively with 61% going to capital expenditure and 39% to recurrent expenditure.
As at 2012, capital expenditure .
In y2012, the size of the budget has grown to 492 billion and the recorded budget performance was 89%. The highest recorded by any state or PDP controlled the federal government.
These are verifiable facts and i challenge anybody on this forum to challenge me if you can.
The Other benchmarks i will be looking at shortly are
1. Continuity of policy conceptualization and implementation
Number of completed capital budgets
sustainability of security and safety of life and property
Ability to attact and continue to attract foreign investments and the degree of public / private sector partnership.
Please stay tuned.
Re: Fashola's Performance Is Overblown – CACOL by anonimi: 11:02am On Aug 16, 2013
Manlado:

Mr. Intelligent

How was naira to dollar is Awolowo/Jakande time.?
Compare kind of school they built. One standard school now will build 20 of the old one.
UK and US for a period of 30 years to 14 years of modern development.

Man, you no get points.

Go do your homework.
Tell us the equivalent of how much each government made and how it was spent.
Otherwise, get a job and pay your taxes.

Unless, of course, if you are an opposition politician.

Then we need not take your action as important or genuine.

Let me give you some quick pointers:

1. Awolowo relied only on the revenue from cash crops, mainly cocoa as there was no Niger Delta oil revenue to share at the time.
2. Awolowo governed the old Western region, which included most of Lagos STATE and the defunct Mid-Western region that is now divided into Edo & Delta states.
3. In 1979 - 1983 when Jakande and the other four UPN governors did the GLORIOUS things they did for EVERYONE in their states, oil was about $32 unlike today when it is about $100. That already neutralises question of exchange rate dollar/naira that you raised.

If you still want to argue further provide the budget figures for the old Western region from 1954 and Lagos state from 1979 along with the census population for the period so you have the PER capita budget.
Deal

2 Likes

Re: Fashola's Performance Is Overblown – CACOL by musiwa1c: 11:04am On Aug 16, 2013
who care, who... we have an issue on our hand that will lead to civil war.. you are talking of fashola.

let talk of the real issue and stop posting this fashola all day.

how do we solve the satellite picture issue. census will not solve it. the result of the census will be a fraud . nobody should waste money on census in nigeria.

solving the problem is what matter.
Re: Fashola's Performance Is Overblown – CACOL by mapet: 11:07am On Aug 16, 2013
Your Analysis on Soludo is pretty LAME - FACT
That you're talking like someone that have not seen the walls to a UNI - FACT

Even if you'd waved to me on the express, I wondered on what basis I'll have returned the favor.
anonimi:

Na pass by I bin just pass by the gate. E come be like sey you don forget sey I bin wave you that time wey I pass by instead of passing through
Mtscheeeeeeeeeeeeew.

LASU academic & NON-ACADEMIC staff were owed 17 months salary despite hike in fees from 25k to 250k- FACT.
Re: Fashola's Performance Is Overblown – CACOL by thekoko007: 11:07am On Aug 16, 2013
Re: Fashola's Performance Is Overblown – CACOL by softwareman(m): 11:12am On Aug 16, 2013
agitator:

Thank you talktimi for a good response. They always make noise as if Lagos State government is feeding people with Amala.

People pay to use the only roads he has constructed, but everytime they keep complaining as if the man dey allocate money to feed, transport, pay electricity bills, medical bills, etc for people. undecided undecided undecided
The only toll road in lagos as i write is the lekki / epe expressway.And there are alternative routes.
The Public / private partnership policy of infrastructure development is not peculiar to lagos. The incompetent and inept PDP federal govt has also adopted the same policy but could not achieve anything with it on the lagos / ibadan expressway. What you are seeing is the ability of a master administrator to combine infrastructural development and infrastructural investment.
Again this is a first in this country. Many, many have tried it and failed.
If i get you right, it then means the only road the govt of fashola has constructed to date is this road.
Blatant lie.
Like Clinton likes to say:Just the facts. mam

1 Like

Re: Fashola's Performance Is Overblown – CACOL by telexfree1: 11:14am On Aug 16, 2013
Look . Fashola is not the problem . Yu guys all need to take a chill pill, open some bottles of McDowells, cross your legs and listen to what I have to say.

Alpha Beta Consulting (ABC) is wholly owned by Tinubu. And this consortium is responsible for all collections in Lagos state. Ask your banker colleagues. All the withholding taxes, autoreg (vehicle license renewal ) payments, epay payments, land use charges, water bills and ALL collections due to Lagos State Government are credited into ABC account on behalf on LIRS. There is a contractual agreement between LIRS and ABC . The issue is that whatever ABC remits at the month end is what LIRS receives. If you have anybody at LIRS, Alausa, pls re- confirm. There are of billions of naira as residual balances in ABC accounts with all Nigerian banks . And truth is, ain't nothing Fashola can do about that. He tried to shake ABC off in his first tenure , but that resulted in a standoff btw himself and Tinubu. Now he just looks the other way.

I think an investigative journalist here can verify most of what I posted.
Re: Fashola's Performance Is Overblown – CACOL by softwareman(m): 11:15am On Aug 16, 2013
anonimi:

Mtscheeeeeeeeeeeeew.

And they kept quite for the 17 months!? No strike , no nothing?
liar!
but i agree with you on one point: You did not pass through the wall of a university.
But is that why you cannot even tell an intelligent lie!!
Re: Fashola's Performance Is Overblown – CACOL by musiwa1c: 11:15am On Aug 16, 2013
[size=28pt]problem with fashola he is too nice to federal,so he put the suffering on the people, which i dont agree with. there are other ways of growing the economy
10 building in 6 years, give you 0.85 billion. you still have 2,000 billion to go. show more

[/size]
Re: Fashola's Performance Is Overblown – CACOL by ba7man(m): 11:20am On Aug 16, 2013
vislabraye:

Dangote is owing who ? I guess you'll say BiLl Gate is also owing. Dangote may have borrowed in the past but he's very solvent.
It seems like ur telling me that owing is now a virtue and an evidence of shrewdness. You can see the problem Nigeria went through accumulating debts. Okay Oh.
Go and google U.S.A's debt profile before you talk. Then google the top 10 economies and see how much they owe.

Lots of Economic illiterates on this forum, geeez!!! Nigerians are truely the problem in this country.

A lot lack knowledge and rather than learn, they'll keep exposing their ignorance to the World.
Re: Fashola's Performance Is Overblown – CACOL by softwareman(m): 11:25am On Aug 16, 2013
telexfree1: Look . Fashola is not the problem . Yu guys all need to take a chill pill, open some bottles of McDowells, cross your legs and listen to what I have to say.

Alpha Beta Consulting (ABC) is wholly owned by Tinubu. And this consortium is responsible for all collections in Lagos state. Ask your banker colleagues. All the withholding taxes, autoreg (vehicle license renewal ) payments, epay payments, land use charges, water bills and ALL collections due to Lagos State Government are credited into ABC account on behalf on LIRS. There is a contractual agreement between LIRS and ABC . The issue is that whatever ABC remits at the month end is what LIRS receives. If you have anybody at LIRS, Alausa, pls re- confirm. There are of billions of naira as residual balances in ABC accounts with all Nigerian banks . And truth is, ain't nothing Fashola can do about that. He tried to shake ABC off in his first tenure , but that resulted in a standoff btw himself and Tinubu. Now he just looks the other way.

I think the world bank has gone even further than you.Prior to the partnership between the world bank and lamata,and as part of due diligence, an investigation was caused to be done on the alpha beta consulting and all the allegations that you just shamelessly rehashed were found to be false.
Secondly, a group that calls itself the true face of lagos petitioned the EFCC with the same set of allegations. It was investigated and thrown into the thrash can it belongs.
If you are sure of your facts, write your own petition as well and forward it to EFCC.
ABC is very instrumental to the consistent IGR growth of lagos, so why would Fashola jettison a policy that is yielding results?
Re: Fashola's Performance Is Overblown – CACOL by softwareman(m): 11:26am On Aug 16, 2013
telexfree1: Look . Fashola is not the problem . Yu guys all need to take a chill pill, open some bottles of McDowells, cross your legs and listen to what I have to say.

I think the world bank has gone even further than you.Prior to the partnership between the world bank and lamata,and as part of due diligence, an investigation was caused to be done on the alpha beta consulting and all the allegations that you just shamelessly rehashed were found to be false.
Secondly, a group that calls itself the true face of lagos petitioned the EFCC with the same set of allegations. It was investigated and thrown into the thrash can it belongs.
If you are sure of your facts, write your own petition as well and forward it to EFCC.
ABC is very instrumental to the consistent IGR growth of lagos, so why would Fashola jettison a policy that is yielding results?
Re: Fashola's Performance Is Overblown – CACOL by ba7man(m): 11:30am On Aug 16, 2013
anonimi:

1. Awolowo relied only on the revenue from cash crops, mainly cocoa as there was no Niger Delta oil revenue to share at the time.
2. Awolowo governed the old Western region, which included most of Lagos STATE and the defunct Mid-Western region that is now divided into Edo & Delta states.
3. In 1979 - 1983 when Jakande and the other four UPN governors did the GLORIOUS things they did for EVERYONE in their states, oil was about $32 unlike today when it is about $100. That already neutralises question of exchange rate dollar/naira that you raised.

If you still want to argue further provide the budget figures for the old Western region from 1954 and Lagos state from 1979 along with the census population for the period so you have the PER capita budget.
Deal
You keep talking as if this is 1960. You are stuck in the past....face your front!!!

Things are different now, economies have risen, some have crashed, populations have increased, exchange rates are not the same, social issues are no longer the same......

Get out of your aged frame of mind, this is 2013!!!
Re: Fashola's Performance Is Overblown – CACOL by softwareman(m): 11:30am On Aug 16, 2013
Manlado:

Debt has always been a good thing.
What is important is to have a marching revenue?

Debt saves time.
Brings grow faster.
Except when wasted.

Is it that knowledge base of this forum is so low the you have to question most of what you read?

Please tell them. Califirnia and new york states are richer than most countries and have debts.
What matters is your monthly IGR. It is economically stupid to try to finance capital projects with cash, even if you have it.
Re: Fashola's Performance Is Overblown – CACOL by Manlado: 11:34am On Aug 16, 2013
anonimi:

Deal

Don't tell me what I already know.

When you did compared the two governments of old which we all respected because they were pioneers, the was no basis for comparison.

I want you to tell me vis a vis the revenue generated and projects executed.

Consider:
Population.
Naira/Dollar strength
Cost of governance.
Compare the revenue and tell me what ratio goes into
Separate projects.

A new 504 goes for around 6000 at that time.
Now a new 607 goes for more than 8, 000, 000

What you should be doing is to state your points in relation to what can be achieved and what is achieved?
Re: Fashola's Performance Is Overblown – CACOL by softwareman(m): 11:42am On Aug 16, 2013
ba7man: You keep talking as if this is 1960. You are stuck in the past....face your front!!!

Things are different now, economies have risen, some have crashed, populations have increased, exchange rates are not the same, social issues are no longer the same......

Get out of your aged frame of mind, this is 2013!!!
The Guy obviously does not get it.I am honestly surprised that the guy can be making this kind of argument. Nigeria before and after the structural adjustment program are two completely different economies. The exchange rate was controlled before SAP.
You can only compare apple with Apple.
Re: Fashola's Performance Is Overblown – CACOL by musiwa1c: 11:42am On Aug 16, 2013
manlado corruption is high, there were few corrupt people many years ago

now they glorify corruption
Re: Fashola's Performance Is Overblown – CACOL by telexfree1: 11:42am On Aug 16, 2013
software man:
Please tell them. Califirnia and new york states are richer than most countries and have debts.
What matters is your monthly IGR. It is economically stupid to try to finance capital projects with cash, even if you have it.

Idiat
Wouldn't you rather be in China's position that has over $3 trillion in its current account known as one of the world's largest creditors than being the US with over $ 14 trillion debt.
Are you aware of how many jobs the US has lost to China ? I guess not. Do some research on fundamental analysis and come back.

PS. Stop adding to my posts .

1 Like

Re: Fashola's Performance Is Overblown – CACOL by musiwa1c: 11:45am On Aug 16, 2013
attacker, i have several computers.
Re: Fashola's Performance Is Overblown – CACOL by flakkylegend(f): 11:46am On Aug 16, 2013
if Fashola is not the most performing governor in the country then tell us who is and the acheivments so far. Good work speaks for itself and its clear enough for everyone to see. FASHOLA IS PERFORMING, LAGOS IS WORKING
Re: Fashola's Performance Is Overblown – CACOL by Manlado: 11:50am On Aug 16, 2013
software man: To me the starting point is to look at the internationally accepted standards .
benchmark Number one:Economic Growth
Let me take you back to 1999:
The avarage monthly IGR of lagos was 650 million naira
the ratio of capital to recurrent expenditure in Lagos state was 33:57 %
The size of the first budget tinubu presented to the Lagos state house of assembly was 1 billion naira.
fast forward
by 2009, the balance has been shifted decisively with 61% going to capital expenditure and 39% to recurrent expenditure.
As at 2012, capital expenditure .
In 2012, the size of the budget has grown to 492 billion and the recorded budget performance was 89%

Facts like these are what we need on this forum and other fora.
Also am interested in contrary proves.
We need to enrich ourselves not insult each other because of the differences in our political alliances, tribe or religion.

I
Re: Fashola's Performance Is Overblown – CACOL by Manlado: 11:54am On Aug 16, 2013
telexfree1:

Idiat
Wouldn't you rather be in China's position that has over $3 trillion in its current account known as one of the world's largest creditors than being the US with over $ 14 trillion debt.
Are you aware of how many jobs the US has lost to China ? I guess not. Do some research on fundamental analysis and come back.

PS. Stop adding to my posts .

If China recalls the funds.
Can you figure the implications?
Yet you call someone an id.iot.

Uhmm
Re: Fashola's Performance Is Overblown – CACOL by camelus: 11:57am On Aug 16, 2013
Akainzo:

My guy, if Peter Obi led Anambra is not owing any kobo, then I can understand why the state is stagnant.

Gues what, Dangote owes in billions of naira more than the Okada man, if the okad man wants, he can pride himself on not owing anybody, but he should also accept the differences in the progress that Dangote would make compared to him.
Hey Buddy but u know that its all these People/Corporation that borrows more than what they can repay are responsible for plunging the Nation/World into economic downturn.
Re: Fashola's Performance Is Overblown – CACOL by telexfree1: 12:04pm On Aug 16, 2013
Manlado:

If China recalls the funds.
Can you figure the implications?
Yet you call someone an id.iot.

Uhmm

Lol. The guy was promoting New York and California for being heavily indebted states. I just pointed out to him that I 'll rather be in China's position as a creditor than in US' position as a debtor.
Re: Fashola's Performance Is Overblown – CACOL by Manlado: 12:07pm On Aug 16, 2013
musiwa1c: manlado corruption is high, there were few corrupt people many years ago

now they glorify corruption

True and true.

That is why we need proves to condemn people otherwise we will condemn saints with sinners.

(Without reference to anyone in mind)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Awujale: Obasanjo Fought Adenuga Because Of Atiku - The Nation / Buhari Commends 2 Security Men For Returning Bag Of Dollars / I ‘ll Clinch PDP Presidential Ticket—saraki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.