Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,518 members, 7,823,226 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:02 AM

Fashola's Performance Is Overblown – CACOL - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola's Performance Is Overblown – CACOL (18356 Views)

Fashola Can’t Run Power Ministry Like He Ran Lagos —CACOL / CACOL To Sue EFCC For Not Probing Fashola / Nigeria Corruption Rating Is Political, Overblown – Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola's Performance Is Overblown – CACOL by Mrchippychappy(m): 8:49am On Aug 16, 2013
Emmadani: if akpabio was an apc/acn governor he would av bin addressed as the best governor nigeria has ever had,since he is not in acn,haters won't c is gud work.

My brother na so we see am o!!!

Akainzo:

Tell me, with all the other available universities offering a tuition fees at 50K or 35K, why are parents not showing displeasure by moving their wards to such schools?

Don't believe what you see in the Media . Most LASU students are now dropouts , thanks to Mr Best Gomina

4 Likes

Re: Fashola's Performance Is Overblown – CACOL by Uredaddy: 8:52am On Aug 16, 2013
I don't know why people find it difficult to come to terms with the truth. Fashola is working my foot. Maybe he would've done better if people like B A T are not hanging around. Lagos is in serious debt that's a fact. These guys borrow money in the state's name to execute projects that have been awarded to their company, the revenue generated from these projects enter their pockets while the debt is in the name of lagos state.

Please lets face the fact, since this second administration what has Fashola achieved. These people are busy hoarding money for themselves.
I pray that another party takes over come 2015 then fowl yansh go open, all their atrocities will come to limelight. Tinubu will run away from naija.

3 Likes

Re: Fashola's Performance Is Overblown – CACOL by visalo: 8:56am On Aug 16, 2013
Yorubest: If his performance is overhyped, how come it is the number one investment destination in Nigeria?

How come, despite being the most populous, the state is about the most peaceful?

If with N20bn, Lagos still manages to get by and provide infrastructure for about 20millon people, please tell me what the FG is doing with over N160bn monthly for over 160million Nigerians

Young man, your analysis look very childish.

2 Likes

Re: Fashola's Performance Is Overblown – CACOL by tomzman: 8:58am On Aug 16, 2013
CACOL is just trying to seek for cheap publicity. Even a blind man knows Fashola is working. Whether he is overhyped or not, as far as Lagos is concerned he is the best governor the state ever had.
Re: Fashola's Performance Is Overblown – CACOL by collynzo2(m): 9:01am On Aug 16, 2013
Emmadani: successful economy u mean?But if i said nigeria owes more debt than sum other developed nation u wil say GEJ government is corrupt as a result of owing large amount of debt.I hear you.
Don't mind the hypocrites, debt is now a good thing because it involves Fashola. If it was the president or an Igbo governor, the story would have been different.

2 Likes

Re: Fashola's Performance Is Overblown – CACOL by Xano(m): 9:05am On Aug 16, 2013
Yorubest: If his performance is overhyped, how come it is the number one investment destination in Nigeria?

How come, despite being the most populous, the state is about the most peaceful?

If with N20bn, Lagos still manages to get by and provide infrastructure for about 20millon people, please tell me what the FG is doing with over N160bn monthly for over 160million Nigerians

hello, N20bn a month.
Re: Fashola's Performance Is Overblown – CACOL by Nobody: 9:06am On Aug 16, 2013
most haters on the are igbos . they say fashola is not working yet they keep trooping into lagos in thousands.
my fear about nigerians. WE WANT DEVELOPMENT YET WILL DONT KNOW WHAT IT IS.
even if fashola is carrying out the plan of somebody else or maintaining it. every state has has its masterplan it the duty of the succesive government to carry ot out no matter the political party.
igbos need to stop thinking with their penis and get some sense. whther they like fashola or not . if he wanfs a third term wiill we give him.
ile yoruba o ni baje. awon omo oni iran ki iran oni bawa da ru.

2 Likes

Re: Fashola's Performance Is Overblown – CACOL by Nobody: 9:08am On Aug 16, 2013
Akainzo:

If you are smart enough, you'd know that such distortions would also exists as nations are in different stages of development and therefore needs. However, once you check the trend you would see that the more developed, the more debts.

Or does Panadol cure all headaches everytime? That it doesn't at one or two particular instances, does it make it not a pain killer?
u say d more developed d more the debt?Just of recent GEJ borrowed 4rm china,the nigerians whr lamenting and criticizing jonathan,dat means we nigerians dnt want development as u may say...!The last tym i checked south africa,egypt,sudan owes the highest debt in africa their economy growth rate is slowest in africa.Just saying.
Re: Fashola's Performance Is Overblown – CACOL by Nobody: 9:09am On Aug 16, 2013
Yomieluv: cheap publicity,the best governor Lagos ever had.... his achievements speak for him..

though some of his policies are way overboard,but i give it to him in terms of performance.

Best Gov ke? it's obvious you were not born in the days of Alhaji Lateef Jakande...

Well, Fash de still try sha, but he ought to have delivered more.
the FG is a topic for another time
Re: Fashola's Performance Is Overblown – CACOL by Alikaxon(m): 9:11am On Aug 16, 2013
seanet02: This is the kind of thread maximiliano will create.
Debo adeniran should go and sit down somewhere jor.
Re: Fashola's Performance Is Overblown – CACOL by elebiola(m): 9:12am On Aug 16, 2013
One day fowl yansh go open. If you control the media, you control the people. You cant fool the people forever;its just unfortunate that Nigerians follow crowd and are so gullible. Our minds have been so impoverished; that we don't even know what we are due for, we settle and agree for anything better than nothing. 'at all at all na in bad'.... May God help and open our eyes to see and understand the truth.
Re: Fashola's Performance Is Overblown – CACOL by mapet: 9:22am On Aug 16, 2013
@ Atlantic,

Thank God we have cerebral people like you to educate lots of misguided youth today. Are we "brain-lazy" or what. Someone made allegations without numerate and empirical databased evidence to back up his claim, yet contradicted himself in the same piece, and then many people here are gullibly dropping submission of little or no value.

There is the reasoning in some quarters that many of us have exhausted our reasoning capacity along with the energies we spend in criticizing that we later turn out no good and in no capacity to think innovatively on how to better the situation.

It's not secret that Fashola is the best governor in the country. Even a PDP governor publicly acknowledged this, his desire to learn from Lagos and the need for other governors to follow suite.

Critical question. The cost of developing infrastructure is not cheap, much more a qualitative one. But the most important thing Fashola has demonstrated is that you don't need to be a "politicial juggernut" to deliver. Just be visionary, innovative, action-oriented and provide good leadership.......raise to good team and get to work.

Eko Atlantic:

It's baffling the way some people just open their mouth and vomit trash. He claimed that 'he and his team have not come to any conclusion as regards how much money had been spent on infrastructure', but they concluded that Lagos gov's performance is overblown.
Then why must he open his mouth when they haven't gotten any meaningful stat. or document that proves Lagos gov's performance is overblown?
The funny part is when he used "may be" cheesy
What kind of anti-corruption agency uses words full of uncertainty?
The desperation of some jobless nigerians is getting abnormal. GEJ better get them a sure-P job.

I'm hearing this one for the first time o. cheesy
Re: Fashola's Performance Is Overblown – CACOL by Nobody: 9:25am On Aug 16, 2013
evidence of fruad in lagos
1. 26 billion for a bridge, where in the world
2. Most roads on concession
3. Who owns LTC collecting tolls on these roads? tinubu?
4. With 20b monthly yet 75% still live in slums
5. No remarable project other than traffic control and sanitation
6. Where did Kofuroji gets those millions embazzled?

1 Like

Re: Fashola's Performance Is Overblown – CACOL by bio12: 9:27am On Aug 16, 2013
Idiot bunch of ppl,envying ones success,akwa ibom with 80billion in a month,with delta,even small state bayelsa with almost 85billion monthly allocation what hav they achieve in deir various state dey only knw how to stael,why don't u go bak 2 ur state or village and see hell,dey compare themselve wit lagos dat s over populated with jus 30 billion monthly allowance,bunch of failure,ur action will speak of u regardless of some bunch of idiot talks

1 Like

Re: Fashola's Performance Is Overblown – CACOL by 2rutalk1: 9:30am On Aug 16, 2013
I said it earlier that one day the truth will begin to manifest. If the monthly internally generated revenue that accrues to Lagos State can be given to other poor states, those Governors will become demi-gods. Fashola and Tinubu are looting Lagos State dry but sentiment won't allow some people to see the truth.

2 Likes

Re: Fashola's Performance Is Overblown – CACOL by takedat(m): 9:33am On Aug 16, 2013
Why are my SE and SS brothers so angry. An overblown performance does not mean he isn't performing. Most state governors are non-performing governors.

1 Like

Re: Fashola's Performance Is Overblown – CACOL by anonimi: 9:35am On Aug 16, 2013
Akainzo:

Please SHOW PROOF of this your assertion, any proof at all. So LASU lecturers and workers were living off what in that 17 months (1 Year 5 MOnths) and didn't cry out to the world. You are indeed the depth of falsehood.

Because you asked for it (sounds like some old TV programme)

Idris also alleges that though the university owes lecturers and non-academic members of staff 17 months salary arrears, it has failed to engage in dialogue with the union on how the debt would be paid. He explains that the state government agreed to pay 50 per cent of the arrears, while LASU should pay the remaining 50 per cent. The state government, he says, “has honoured its own part of the deal while the management has offered to pay 20 per cent alongside our July salary, but they are not saying anything about how to pay the rest and we told them that we should meet on this. So far, they have refused to meet with us.”

On this, Fosudo, who describes himself as a member of ASUU, says the 20 per cent has been paid on Friday, together with the July salary, adding that the remaining would be paid soon. Idris confirms this but insists that the method adopted by the management is faulty.

“You cannot stop your employer from crediting your account, but what we are saying is that before part of the arrears were paid, we ought to have met to discuss how the remaining part would be paid. But they didn’t discuss anything with us. Anyway, our position is that the money must be paid this year and in two instalments,” Idris notes.

I posted the link for the above story from Punch earlier:

http://www.punchng.com/education/high-tuition-poor-facilities-spur-disquiet-in-lasu/

and wonder why we can't simply and LEARN more about issues we are concerned about

Please note that Dr. Sola Fosudo is the Acting Director, Centre for Information, Press and Public Relations of LASU while at the same time lecturer and Head of Theatre Arts Department.
That is to say Mr. Fashola's LASU is contributing to Nigeria's unemployment by doubling up functions for unpaid lecturers in a school he inherited so that he and his cronies can have more money to steal.
SMH for Oga "excellent progressive"!!!

2 Likes

Re: Fashola's Performance Is Overblown – CACOL by Nobody: 9:49am On Aug 16, 2013
Why should any politician be praised? For goodness' sake, the man's getting paid to make decisions on our behalf, it's his JOB.

1 Like

Re: Fashola's Performance Is Overblown – CACOL by anonimi: 9:50am On Aug 16, 2013
ba7man: Stop living in the past!!!...This is not 1960 or what not, this is not Jakande's era!!!

Things have changed since then. Population in Lagos has exploded, the urban sprawl is far larger, the social problems encountered are now immense, Slums are more and far larger, corruption is now a giant in the system, people are far more lawless, the decay of lagos has been on-going for up to 30years before he took over....Why won't he struggle??

Please, learn to be logical, if you had reasoned all these points above, you won't be saying some things u're saying.

Na wah for una eDefenders of the ACN scammers oh!
So the UK and USA as well as other developed countries have not changed since 1950s and 1980s for the BETTER despite experiencing the things you listed above above such as greater population (including socio-economic exiles & parasites from Lagos and other African places)
Why should our own change be for the WORSE after more than 14 years of Tinubu and his boy Fashola?

1999 - 2003 Tinubu
2003 - 2007 Tinubu
2007 - 2011 Fashola
2011 - 2013 Fashola

With even more money PER person than his GLORIOUS predecessors- Awolowo, Jakande and the only Lagosian military governor of Lagos, General Mobolaji Johnson (retd).
Why

You're smarter than that.
If this is an attempt to patronise and/or bribe me, no need trying.
Just tell Fashola that he has less than two years to RIGHT the mediocrity that he has passed on as excellence for more than six years so far. Particularly on free and COMPULSORY education for ALL Lagos children whose parents cough up the 60% IGR in his budget.
Understandably, he may not be able to do much in that period on potable water provision as well as feeder roads since he and his oga on the top have watsed 14 solid years doing very little in these sectors

#FriendlyAdvice.
Re: Fashola's Performance Is Overblown – CACOL by Manlado: 9:50am On Aug 16, 2013
Some groups needs relevance so the come out and say anything.
Ask most of the idiots criticizing, how much it takes to construct a KM of road.
They can't tell you.
One thousand naira sounds like plenty money to a beggar on the street.
N 1,000,000, 000 is $ 6, 250, 000 dollars
Most of what is needed for development are imported.
Meaning more naira.
A $35000 Toyota Car is about N 6, 000, 000.

That is why some fool think #20, 000,000, 000 is so much for a state like Lagos.

Debo, go get a serious job and contribute in taxes because Lagos need more revenue to develop place they are yet to touch.

Fashola created a standard no reasonable man alive can fault.
Re: Fashola's Performance Is Overblown – CACOL by lukaino(m): 9:52am On Aug 16, 2013
Please visit the link below to better appreciate what is happening in Lagos.

https://www.nairaland.com/1381747/tale-two-link-bridges-lagos
Re: Fashola's Performance Is Overblown – CACOL by Acutex: 9:56am On Aug 16, 2013
Ndi ofee mmanu ndeewoonu ooo.
Na just AC blow fowl nyash una dey run helter-skelter to cover am.... When wind blow, we can only imagine what will happen... And to think it is your fellow omo oduduwa that made the revelation...
Re: Fashola's Performance Is Overblown – CACOL by Manlado: 9:57am On Aug 16, 2013
oxford: evidence of fruad in lagos
1. 26 billion for a bridge, where in the world
2. Most roads on concession
3. Who owns LTC collecting tolls on these roads? tinubu?
4. With 20b monthly yet 75% still live in slums
5. No remarable project other than traffic control and sanitation
6. Where did Kofuroji gets those millions embazzled?

Please do a cost analysis.
And tell us how the money should by spent monthly.
Then we can know how smart your brain is.
Perhaps we will make you a commissioner, so you can help us execute things
Re: Fashola's Performance Is Overblown – CACOL by vislabraye(m): 10:03am On Aug 16, 2013

Was Maximiliano the one who sed all these ?
Re: Fashola's Performance Is Overblown – CACOL by Clairette(f): 10:05am On Aug 16, 2013
bloggernaija: Some people are just plain stupid and innumerate
First of all let us distribute that 20 billion naira per head .
That is thousand naira. Barely $7/head.
Note that a lot of work has to be done to even raise this revenue.
What can you do with this amount of money

Over a 1000 public schools,many of whom contain children of economic refugees from other state who have been discarded .
An extensive network of roads,bridges and drainage which has to be consistently and frequently maintained.
The massive security challenges.
The large amount of refuse generated .

I refuse to comment on your insensibility. @ 1000 naira per head. How daft!

1 Like

Re: Fashola's Performance Is Overblown – CACOL by mapet: 10:05am On Aug 16, 2013
You got me cranking...did you say workshop?......ok o! I hear you
Chino48: I thought as much. I was in Lagos last week for a workshop. I bet Lagos is huge slum over hyped by yuruba media..

So much disorder and area boy syndrome. The infrastructures are rotten, the huge allocation that clown receives does not reflect the reality on the ground
Re: Fashola's Performance Is Overblown – CACOL by bloggernaija: 10:12am On Aug 16, 2013
Manlado: Some groups needs relevance so the come out and say anything.
Ask most of the idiots criticizing, how much it takes to construct a KM of road.
They can't tell you.
One thousand naira sounds like plenty money to a beggar on the street.
N 1,000,000, 000 is $ 6, 250, 000 dollars
Most of what is needed for development are imported.
Meaning more naira.
A $35000 Toyota Car is about N 6, 000, 000.

That is why some fool think #20, 000,000, 000 is so much for a state like Lagos.

Debo, go get a serious job and contribute in taxes because Lagos need more revenue to develop place they are yet to touch.

Fashola created a standard no reasonable man alive can fault.

Do not mind them.
These people are really crude.
He is overrated?
The governor needs to give this adeniran a billion naira to construct a road in Lagos.
We will see how far it will take him.
Thank you ,I will take my overrated fellow over the pygmies in their state of origin.
What can you really do $600 million in an already devastated state with a population of over 20 million .
Lagos downhill spiral started in the 70's with mass migration of every Tom dick and Harry from the east.
The wear and tear is a function of that explosion.
No amount of spending will turn it around unless there is a mass movement of people back to their states.
They ban okada elsewhere and expect Lagos to rehabilate them.
They drive their lunatics and dump them in the SW.
If you want to know how sane Lagos can be,
Take a trip down when all them folks travel out of the state in December .
Re: Fashola's Performance Is Overblown – CACOL by hardbody: 10:22am On Aug 16, 2013

Debo is an igbo man, these igbo people ehnn, i so dislike them
Re: Fashola's Performance Is Overblown – CACOL by Manlado: 10:30am On Aug 16, 2013
anonimi:

Na wah for una eDefenders of the ACN scammers oh!
So the UK and USA as well as other developed countries have not changed since 1950s and 1980s for the BETTER despite experiencing the things you listed above above such as greater population (including socio-economic exiles & parasites from Lagos and other African places)
Why should our own change be for the WORSE after more than 14 years of Tinubu and his boy Fashola?

1999 - 2003 Tinubu
2003 - 2007 Tinubu
2007 - 2011 Fashola
2011 - 2013 Fashola

With even more money PER person than his GLORIOUS predecessors- Awolowo, Jakande and the only Lagosian military governor of Lagos, General Mobolaji Johnson (retd).
Why

If this is an attempt to patronise and/or bribe me, no need trying.
Just tell Fashola that he has less than two years to RIGHT the mediocrity that he has passed on as excellence for more than six years so far. Particularly on free and COMPULSORY education for ALL Lagos children whose parents cough up the 60% IGR in his budget.
Understandably, he may not be able to do much in that period on potable water provision as well as feeder roads since he and his oga on the top have watsed 14 solid years doing very little in these sectors

#FriendlyAdvice.

Mr. Intelligent

How was naira to dollar is Awolowo/Jakande time.?
Compare kind of school they built. One standard school now will build 20 of the old one.
UK and US for a period of 30 years to 14 years of modern development.

Man, you no get points.

Go do your homework.
Tell us the equivalent of how much each government made and how it was spent.
Otherwise, get a job and pay your taxes.

Unless, of course, if you are an opposition politician.

Then we need not take your action as important or genuine.
Re: Fashola's Performance Is Overblown – CACOL by mapet: 10:36am On Aug 16, 2013
@Anonimi,

stop being disingenous with your frivolous use of information out of context.

1. The issue of 17month backlog was a fallout of monies being owed when lecturers went on strike in the past.
2. Facts even from the report stated clearly that as soon as was agreed, Lagos State Government clearly fulfilled their part of the bargain
3. The Lecturers' grouse is the fact LASU management's unilateral decision to split it's own share of the 50% contribution
4. Your analysis on Soludo is just LAME. Have you passed through any University at all

anonimi:

Because you asked for it (sounds like some old TV programme)

I posted the link for the above story from Punch earlier:

http://www.punchng.com/education/high-tuition-poor-facilities-spur-disquiet-in-lasu/

and wonder why we can't simply and LEARN more about issues we are concerned about

Please note that Dr. Sola Fosudo is the Acting Director, Centre for Information, Press and Public Relations of LASU while at the same time lecturer and Head of Theatre Arts Department.
That is to say Mr. Fashola's LASU is contributing to Nigeria's unemployment by doubling up functions for unpaid lecturers in a school he inherited so that he and his cronies can have more money to steal.
SMH for Oga "excellent progressive"!!!

1 Like

Re: Fashola's Performance Is Overblown – CACOL by telexfree1: 10:38am On Aug 16, 2013
anonimi:

Your feigned "ignorance" MAY be understandable given the job you do for Fashola here.
But let me refresh the memory of those who may be swindled and confused by your baseless assertion above.

That was way back in 2007 i.e. six years ago just as Fashola was coming in and OBJoke of PDP just finished his tenancy in Aso Rock.
Were you already employed by Fashola at that time and receiving your own largesse out of the 60% IGR raised from the parents of the children that Fashola cannot provide public schools' COMPULSORY education for?
Maybe if you were you would have been aware of the activisim of this group of patriots.

The DECEPTION of the fraudsters in the Association of Conmen in Nigeria, ACN has gone on for too long but as with similar propaganda it can not go on forever.
Eyes go dey open small, small!!!

Guy. You too much Joor
Re: Fashola's Performance Is Overblown – CACOL by telexfree1: 10:39am On Aug 16, 2013
acidosis™:
wow...

I knew some economic & perpetual moroons like eko ole, and some barbaric undemocratic zoombies would divert attention (as usual) to the F.G and other state governors (most of whom they've never seen, met either on screen or live)

Some of these ediots are so ready to lick Mr Fashola's butt even if he export all their tax money abroad..

I'm not surprised these anti-sensible delusional I-go-die-for-Mr fashola are already blaming the slow infrastructural growth on the influx of non-indigenes as if the Mr Fashola is not responsible for the collection of taxes from ALL dwellers..

Some of these ignoramus eko-oni-baje-oba je ti follow follow have never stepped out of Ojota & Okomaiko yet they see ALL other governors as non-performing.... These are governors they do not even know their names..

Talk of visible, viable & all round 'edible' testimonies in terms of economic growth, infrastructural development, electrification, scholarship, bursary, employment, etc. in states like JIGAWA, KANO etc..

gosh...
Please can someone kindly tell Fashola's congregation that people have been moving into Lagos since 1970s..
Fashola is not the reason for the population
People have been going in and out of Lagos for business even before the induction of "our" Frog eyed calibres taliban..

omg! Some of these people will never even bother about the message, the implementation, the lies, the frauds, the deceits before YEARNING 'Eko o ni baje'... Are you all daft??

You are highly gbaski. Chop knuckle

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Awujale: Obasanjo Fought Adenuga Because Of Atiku - The Nation / #PrayForNigeria Trends On Twitter After "Mysterious Snake Swallowed N36m In JAMB / Cow Ban: IPOB Is Blowing The Trumpet Of War - Northern Coalition

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.