Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,372 members, 7,819,343 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:43 PM

'Salat Man' Is Symbol Of Resistance For Muslims In Ethiopia - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / 'Salat Man' Is Symbol Of Resistance For Muslims In Ethiopia (10731 Views)

Happy Eid ul Adha To All Muslims In The World. / American Pastor Joins Muslims In Ramadan Fast / The Eagle That Characterizes The Nigerian Coat-of-arms Is A Symbol Of Christ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'Salat Man' Is Symbol Of Resistance For Muslims In Ethiopia by texazzpete(m): 6:26pm On Aug 16, 2013
It would be great if the OP provided a balanced view of this issue of religious intolerance. Use Christianity in Iraq, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia and Iran as case studies.

4 Likes

Re: 'Salat Man' Is Symbol Of Resistance For Muslims In Ethiopia by Nobody: 6:35pm On Aug 16, 2013
giles14: mumu who told u dat.go check d population census of dat con3,u tink every con3 lik niegria wer all her citizen ar muslimi

Muslems always over count. The religion is in decline because of the rays of enlightenment, science and information and Muslems will tell you they are coverting the world. They can't figure how much damage the violence has done to Islam.

1 Like

Re: 'Salat Man' Is Symbol Of Resistance For Muslims In Ethiopia by mu2sa2: 6:38pm On Aug 16, 2013
bismarck:

Foolish boy, so you see nothing wrong in your facebook activist hallucinating right in the middle of the road eeh? All the mosques in Ethiopia cannot contain his wretched body? Soon your type will call on muslims to be spreading their mats on Lagos- Ibadan express...Nasty fellow
Why must u expose yourself? Picture does not lie. If u can't see use glasses.

1 Like

Re: 'Salat Man' Is Symbol Of Resistance For Muslims In Ethiopia by igbeke: 6:38pm On Aug 16, 2013
it baffles me how islam makes some people to reason.
must u 'pray' in d middle of d road to prove a point? what den happens to ur mosques, pray grounds or homes?
As far as I am concerned, it is an act of insubordination and provocation and as such, should be decisively treated before they turn dat country to Somalia or Egypt.
btw, who told u Majority of Ethiopians are muslims?
'Ogbeni' go back to secondary schools Geography.
Re: 'Salat Man' Is Symbol Of Resistance For Muslims In Ethiopia by Allenkee: 6:44pm On Aug 16, 2013
maclatunji: ^That is one very brave man. #Respect

I DON'T SEE ANY BRAVERY IN THAT PIX, WHAT I SEE IS STUPIDITY, FOOLISNESS, FANATISM AND ABOVE ALL EYE SERVICE.

6 Likes

Re: 'Salat Man' Is Symbol Of Resistance For Muslims In Ethiopia by BigBabyJesus: 6:58pm On Aug 16, 2013
THE DESTRUCTION OF THE KA'BAH

At the end of time, Dhu'l-Suwayqatayn, who will come from Abyssinia
(al-Habash), will destroy the Ka'bah in order to steal its treasure and
Kiswah (cloth covering). The Ka'bah is the ancient building which was
built by Abraham, and whose foundations were laid by Adam.

As Tafsir (interpretation) of the Ayah "Until the Gog and Magog (people)
are let through (their barrier)'" (al-Anbiya 21:96), it was reported from
Ka'b al-Ahbar that Dhu'l-Suwayqatayn will first emerge at the time of
Jesus, son of Mary. Allah will send Jesus at the head of a vanguard of
between seven and eight hundred. While they are marching towards
Dhu'l-Suwayqatayn, Allah will send a breeze from the direction of Yemen,
which will take the soul of every believer. Only the worst of people will
be left, and they will begin to copulate like animals. Ka'b said: "At that
time, the Hour will be close at hand."

'Abd Allah ibn 'Amr said, "I heard the Prophet (sallallahu alayhe wa
sallam) say, Dhu'l-Suwayqatayn from Abyssinia will destroy the Ka'bah and
steal its treasure and Kiswah. It is as if I could see him now: he is
bald-headed and has a distortion in his wrists. He will strike the Ka'bah
with his spade and pick-axe'.
" (Ahmad)

It was reported from 'Abd Allah ibn 'Umar that the Prophet (sallallahu
alayhe wa sallam) said, "Leave the Abyssinians alone so long as they do
not disturb you, for no-one will recover the treasure of the Ka'bah except
Dhu'l-Suwayqatayn from Abyssinia." (Abu Dawud, in the chapter on the
prohibition of provoking the Abyssinians)

Ibn 'Abbas narrated that the Prophet (sallallahu alayhe wa sallam) said,
"It is as if I can see him now: he is black and his legs are widely
spaced. He will destroy the Ka'bah stone by stone." (Ahmad)

The Prophet (sallallahu alayhe wa sallam) said, "The Hour will not come
until a man from Qahtan appears and rules the people." (Muslim; similar
Hadith in Bukhari) This man could be Dhu'l-Suwayq, someone else, because
this man comes from Qahtan, while other reports say that Dhu'l-Suwayqatayn
comes from Abyssinia; and Allah knows best.

Abu Hurairah said, "The Prophet (sallallahu alayhe wa sallam) said, 'Day
and night will not come to an end until a freed man called Jahjah holds
sway'" (Ahmad) This could be the name of Dhul-Suwayqatayn from Abyssinia;
and Allah knows best.

'Umar ibn al-Khattab reported that he heard the Prophet (sallallahu alayhe
wa sallam) say: "The people of Makkah will leave, and only a few people
will pass through it. Then it will be resettled and rebuilt; then the
people will leave it again, and no-one will ever return."
Re: 'Salat Man' Is Symbol Of Resistance For Muslims In Ethiopia by Allenkee: 7:05pm On Aug 16, 2013
giles14: mumu who told u dat.go check d population census of dat con3,u tink every con3 lik niegria wer all her citizen ar muslimi

not all are muslim in nigeria
Religions in Nigeria (2010's census) [3][4]
[5]
Religions Percent
Christianity 50.8%
Islam 48.8%
Others 0.4%
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religion_in_Nigeria
Re: 'Salat Man' Is Symbol Of Resistance For Muslims In Ethiopia by Kairoseki77: 7:49pm On Aug 16, 2013
Ethiopia has been Christian since the fourth century. Hundreds of years before Muhammad was born.

I seriously doubt they are going to be overrun by the "to avoid being banned" religion.

1 Like

Re: 'Salat Man' Is Symbol Of Resistance For Muslims In Ethiopia by maclatunji: 7:56pm On Aug 16, 2013
Allen kee:

I DON'T SEE ANY BRAVERY IN THAT PIX, WHAT I SEE IS STUPIDITY, FOOLISNESS, FANATISM AND ABOVE ALL EYE SERVICE.

Of course, based on your ignorance and long held bias against Islam. You can't see that the guy was observing Eid at a place where over a thousand would have if not for the repressive policies of the Ethiopian government or did you read that he made the spot his mosque? You don't have to display your ignorance to the world.

1 Like

Re: 'Salat Man' Is Symbol Of Resistance For Muslims In Ethiopia by vedaxcool(m): 7:58pm On Aug 16, 2013
Wow see followers of Paul preaching love as usual, I plan to start a thread detailing the preaching of love by the adherent of Paul on nl.
Re: 'Salat Man' Is Symbol Of Resistance For Muslims In Ethiopia by Nobody: 8:42pm On Aug 16, 2013
@woodcook and gang including the one who said i am mumu: less than 40 minutes ago, i was talking to an oromo ethiopian who knnows about ethiopia than you and i combined. yes. she told me giving me the breakdown of the muslim, christian and other ratio. and she is well matriculated. continue to rely on what the oppressors [christian with guns] are saying.
Re: 'Salat Man' Is Symbol Of Resistance For Muslims In Ethiopia by Caseless: 9:00pm On Aug 16, 2013
jackbauersballs: I trust the Ethiopians will not allow islam any space to Expand.

Kudos to the Ethiopian Government.
buffer, u goofed by posting this.
Re: 'Salat Man' Is Symbol Of Resistance For Muslims In Ethiopia by Allenkee: 9:00pm On Aug 16, 2013
maclatunji:

Of course, based on your ignorance and long held bias against Islam. You can't see that the guy was observing Eid at a place where over a thousand would have if not for the repressive policies of the Ethiopian government or did you read that he made the spot his mosque? You don't have to display your ignorance to the world.

I did not insult the guy in the pix neithet did I mention Islam.
I only mentioned the characters exhibited by guy in the pix.
To your above post, must insult to express your veiw ehh Mr. Macla?
Re: 'Salat Man' Is Symbol Of Resistance For Muslims In Ethiopia by Allenkee: 9:07pm On Aug 16, 2013
Good to know that Christians dominate in that country no wonder it is peacefull

1 Like

Re: 'Salat Man' Is Symbol Of Resistance For Muslims In Ethiopia by Nobody: 9:23pm On Aug 16, 2013
^ it is peaceful but oppressive. they kill more muslims in so many unusual way that you think its a play. they kill more in the country side than they kill in the city. on the day of id, this past week when that picture was taken, my friend just told me they killed many muslims.

Allah dey. allen kee you need to know that.
Re: 'Salat Man' Is Symbol Of Resistance For Muslims In Ethiopia by Samunique(m): 9:54pm On Aug 16, 2013
RoyPCain: @jackbauerballs: ethiopia is majority muslim, except the muslims refused to enter secutity organizations. if they were in the military, none of these oppression and nonsense will happen.

@bismarck; it is both. piety and defiance.
Ethiopia is majority muslim? No wonder u people believe that islam is d world's fastest growing religion while it is actually diminishing. Taqyya

1 Like

Re: 'Salat Man' Is Symbol Of Resistance For Muslims In Ethiopia by akwunmi(m): 10:17pm On Aug 16, 2013
jackbauersballs: I trust the Ethiopians will not allow islam any space to Expand.

Kudos to the Ethiopian Government.
is this an expression of how much u hate muslims or islam
Even a tru cristain will neva utter such an evil words,its not just about d religion its also abt humanity n its right,our holy quran teaches us that n dats y I respect n cry 4odas wen de cry evn if de ar cristains it matas not coz de ar human lik me its just d religion dat differs us in som aspect but dat dos nt mean am hapI wen I c a cristain frd in disstress bcoz am a human being.not a religious selfish freak lik u,ar u evn a human or animal in human form?? Jesus whom u claim to folo would neva quote u.lastly no amount of killings can hinder islam bcoz it is d tru religion of allah(god).
Re: 'Salat Man' Is Symbol Of Resistance For Muslims In Ethiopia by Nobody: 10:43pm On Aug 16, 2013
...and nobody cares about the plight of minority Christians in saudi arabia, iraq, iran, kuwait, egypyt, afghanistan etc. but you can cry foul when it comes to the plight of moslems in ethopia.

2 Likes

Re: 'Salat Man' Is Symbol Of Resistance For Muslims In Ethiopia by Msgamble: 11:57pm On Aug 16, 2013
RoyPCain: the majority of ethiopians are muslims. almost all oromo people are and it is the largest ethnic group. the problems with muslims are that we are not in the right frame of mind when it comes to our interrelationship disregarding the boundary of ethnicity and we do not go proportionally into military, other security aparatus and even politics with the same concept that muslims are one body, first; protecting and feeling the hurt of the least part of the body.

if the ethiopian muslims had been active in their societal process all along, when the evil ellie salesie was asking the police and other security arms to butcher him, he would not have dared to imagine so and if he did, he would have been buried much earlier rather than later than when mangistu did and peeing on the place.

i have been telling friends from that country to go into politics instead of allowing the minority to givern over and also carry the rifles. when you meet most of the christian ethiopians, you will understand their hatred of islam. such unparalleled, almost like near the madness of pastor haige and rabbi lapski on tv.
it amazed hw u sound raw..we all know that muslim make up 30% of ethiopian nt majority(official figure,wikipedia,nation encyclopedia)..muslim parent refuse western-edu due to conversion fear(this also happen in Ghana) so no-one should b blame for their ordeal or lack of representation in power..don't embarrassed urself online with ignorance..pls stop blabbing
Re: 'Salat Man' Is Symbol Of Resistance For Muslims In Ethiopia by Msgamble: 12:09am On Aug 17, 2013
RoyPCain: ^ it is peaceful but oppressive. they kill more muslims in so many unusual way that you think its a play. they kill more in the country side than they kill in the city. on the day of id, this past week when that picture was taken, my friend just told me they killed many muslims.

Allah dey. allen kee you need to know that.
Then they should continuing butchering them as suadi, iran n iraqi do to xtain minority..what good for geese is gud(if nt better) for ganja
Re: 'Salat Man' Is Symbol Of Resistance For Muslims In Ethiopia by maclatunji: 12:29am On Aug 17, 2013
Allen kee:

I did not insult the guy in the pix neithet did I mention Islam.
I only mentioned the characters exhibited by guy in the pix.
To your above post, must insult to express your veiw ehh Mr. Macla?

To describe you as ignorant if you display ignorance is not an insult.
Re: 'Salat Man' Is Symbol Of Resistance For Muslims In Ethiopia by maclatunji: 12:33am On Aug 17, 2013
konfessor: ...and nobody cares about the plight of minority Christians in saudi arabia, iraq, iran, kuwait, egypyt, afghanistan etc. but you can cry foul when it comes to the plight of moslems in ethopia.

It is dubious to mention any perceived crime as justification for what is being described in any thread. Discuss the issue raised by the thread creator not what you think happens elsewhere. That is the proper way to address issues.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Can I Be Waliyy (saint) Because My Dad Is Waliyy ? / Ruling On Celebrating Non-muslim Holidays And Congratulating Them / Happy Birthday, Not !

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.