Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,243 members, 7,953,916 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 08:51 AM

'Salat Man' Is Symbol Of Resistance For Muslims In Ethiopia - Islam for Muslims (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / 'Salat Man' Is Symbol Of Resistance For Muslims In Ethiopia (10916 Views)

Happy Eid ul Adha To All Muslims In The World. / American Pastor Joins Muslims In Ramadan Fast / The Eagle That Characterizes The Nigerian Coat-of-arms Is A Symbol Of Christ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'Salat Man' Is Symbol Of Resistance For Muslims In Ethiopia by Kairoseki77: 11:12am On Aug 18, 2013
Godsun:

Islam will definitely expand. It is expanding in America and in the UK. Ethiopian govt will only try bt Islam will forever be successful!

Islam is only expanding in your mind.
Re: 'Salat Man' Is Symbol Of Resistance For Muslims In Ethiopia by tmotmo: 11:36am On Aug 18, 2013
Kairoseki77:

Not only in the minds,

you may check

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fastest_growing_religion

and another

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-23734584

which you will disagree with
Re: 'Salat Man' Is Symbol Of Resistance For Muslims In Ethiopia by Kairoseki77: 12:16pm On Aug 18, 2013
Re: 'Salat Man' Is Symbol Of Resistance For Muslims In Ethiopia by Kairoseki77: 12:19pm On Aug 18, 2013
tmotmo:

Not only in the minds,

you may check

and another

Did you even read your own source?

"In 1990, 935 million people were Muslims. According to the BBC, a comprehensive American study concluded in 2009 the number stood at approximately 23% of the world population with 60% of Muslims living in Asia.[31] From 1990 to 2010, the global Muslim population increased at an average annual rate of 2.2%. By 2030 Muslims are projected to represent about 26.4% of the global population (out of a total of 7.9 billion people).[32] Several sources believe that this increase is due primarily to extremely high birth rates.[33][34][35]

Conversion is not a significant factor in the growth of Islam. The growth of Islam is due to "their relatively high birth rate, the large number of Muslims of childbearing age, and an increase in life expectancy in Muslim-majority countries." Available data indicates that "There is no substantial net gain or loss in the number of Muslims through conversion globally,"[36] and "Islam loses as many adherents via conversion as it gains."[37][38] The growth of Islam from 2010 to 2020 has been estimated to be between 1.70%[32] and 1.64%[3] due to high birthrates in Asia, the Middle East, and Europe."
Re: 'Salat Man' Is Symbol Of Resistance For Muslims In Ethiopia by Kairoseki77: 12:22pm On Aug 18, 2013
tmotmo:

Not only in the minds,

you may check

and another

Even the chart on wikipedia states that Taoism is growing faster than Islam.

Like I said, only in your mind.
Re: 'Salat Man' Is Symbol Of Resistance For Muslims In Ethiopia by Msgamble: 12:35pm On Aug 18, 2013
This issue of 'islam the fastest growing religion'..the only reason islam in growing in UK, US is due to high procreation,worsening economics,persecution in middle-east that led tens of thousand to migrate to europe(most are nw preacher in greece n uk,canada) nt that 'islam is growing or spreading'..@roy, u ppl(muslim) av display ignorance despite beign told to seek knowledge,imagine roy saying 'muslim make up 50% of yoruba's' when the last official 9ja census put it @ 30% of yoruba, no wonder u based ur argument that 'muslim make up majority of ethiopia' on a friend perpectives, neglection n conflicting 'Official figures,wikipedia,nation encyclopedia,Pew study(reliable n widely respected sources) figures which put it @ meagre 30%' shm..hw insolate n dumb towel head cn b
Re: 'Salat Man' Is Symbol Of Resistance For Muslims In Ethiopia by Allenkee: 2:18pm On Aug 18, 2013
Godsun:

Islam will definitely expand. It is expanding in America and in the UK. Ethiopian govt will only try bt Islam will forever be successful!

You are only trying to console yourself
Re: 'Salat Man' Is Symbol Of Resistance For Muslims In Ethiopia by deols(f): 4:19pm On Aug 18, 2013
So many hypocrites on this thread.

They think it is okay for Muslims to be treated badly but would cry foul if Muslims are the ones being offensive?

What happened to the perception of right versus wrong?

I have said it again and again that many people here would do worse than boko haram but for cowardice. If they can be sure to kill in anyway that they may not be harmed but others would, you can just imagine how bad that would be.

I am a Muslim and I speak against oppression in any form and by anyone irrespective of whom the victim is. This is Islam to me as I have been taught and known it.

3 Likes

Re: 'Salat Man' Is Symbol Of Resistance For Muslims In Ethiopia by Nobody: 9:27pm On Aug 18, 2013
@Allen kee, magamble etc; while i am waiting for my friend to tell me how she came up with 65% for muslims, i stumble on the websites below with the quoted, knowing fully well people do not usually give the opposite side/opposition full credit or advantage it has over them. For example the muslim population has remained virtually the same 6 milllion people in america for the many decades, which include before during and after the influx of the somali, sudanese, senegalese, guinea people, etc. remaining 6 million people is truly dishonesty on the part of the statisticians and the demography researchers. one wonders if these new arrival and their offspring count as well as many reverts in the same period. is it not because you can not let the opposition know that he has advantage of numbers over you when it is the number that counts?

www.selamta.net/ethiopian%20muslims%20history.htm

. . . . Based on the Europe World Year Book 1991 and UNICEF/ETHIOPIA the estimated number of Ethiopian Muslims, which ranges between 23.9 million to 27.7 million (45 percent-52 percent), ranks as the third largest Muslim population in Africa after Nigeria and Egypt.

www.nationmaster.com › Africa › Ethiopia

Equatorial Guinea nominally Christian and predominantly Roman Catholic, pagan practices
Eritrea Muslim, Coptic Christian, Roman Catholic, Protestant
Estonia Evangelical Lutheran 13.6%, Orthodox 12.8%, other Christian (including Methodist, Seventh-Day Adventist, Roman Catholic, Pentecostal) 1.4%, unaffiliated 34.1%, other and unspecified 32%, none 6.1% (2000 census)
Ethiopia Muslim 45%-50%, Ethiopian Orthodox 35%-40%, animist 12%, other 3%-8%

while i have chance to correct myself about what i said concerning the time of the death of Al Nagashi, the king of Ethiopia, it was not before the 6th year of Hijra, after the formal invitation into Islam by the Holy Prophet [sa].
Re: 'Salat Man' Is Symbol Of Resistance For Muslims In Ethiopia by Msgamble: 10:23pm On Aug 18, 2013
@roy, the first site is purely islamic site(very bias) imagine them qouting ur book n calling christain 'scriptural ppl' n u expect me to believe that they are not biased, d 2nd site is nt real or i can't find it page when i click on it, comm'on it lyk me qouting catholic site n saying xtain make up 55% of saudi or iran,haha comm'on..what of secular, widely repected n reliable source(even official figures) u av been given,this site put muslim in iran(95%), turkey(98%) yet u believe when it come to iran nt 9ja(muslim 44% from 60% in pre-1960),ghana(muslim-17% from over 60% in pre-1960) n ethiopia because it doesn't favour u..think abt it..comm'on it a lost race
Re: 'Salat Man' Is Symbol Of Resistance For Muslims In Ethiopia by Nobody: 10:48pm On Aug 18, 2013
@msgamble; am sorry i have been writing magamble.

i am sure the muslims are bias quoting info from unicef. the muslims control unicef for sure, whereas my friend said her tribe [oromo] is about 90% muslims, and definitely the largest.

your story remind me about how 6 million muslims have been living in america for almost 3 decades without increasing to say 10 millions in spite of the muslim wave of immigrants and new indigenous reverts that should be added. i am sure some yoruba christians are claiming the yorubas are majority christians and if the hausa/fulani etc in the north are not vocal, the christians would have said the north is almost majority chrisitans, too.

wikipedia is respected alright when the information is purely subjective. yea, its the respected site to get honest info bar none. i gained nothing from ethiopia and its not a travel destination for me. when a daughter of the soil says this is whats happening in her country, i tend to believe it. an a group intending to lie can tell you the obvious truth and lie where he knows you are not as aware.
Re: 'Salat Man' Is Symbol Of Resistance For Muslims In Ethiopia by Msgamble: 12:41am On Aug 19, 2013
RoyPCain: @msgamble; am sorry i have been writing magamble.

i am sure the muslims are bias quoting info from unicef. the muslims control unicef for sure, whereas my friend said her tribe [oromo] is about 90% muslims, and definitely the largest.

your story remind me about how 6 million muslims have been living in america for almost 3 decades without increasing to say 10 millions in spite of the muslim wave of immigrants and new indigenous reverts that should be added. i am sure some yoruba christians are claiming the yorubas are majority christians and if the hausa/fulani etc in the north are not vocal, the christians would have said the north is almost majority chrisitans, too.

wikipedia is respected alright when the information is purely subjective. yea, its the respected site to get honest info bar none. i gained nothing from ethiopia and its not a travel destination for me. when a daughter of the soil says this is whats happening in her country, i tend to believe it. an a group intending to lie can tell you the obvious truth and lie where he knows you are not as aware.
@roy, u're just embarrassing urself with 'my friend told me this n that' imagine did ur friend ask every oromo ppl of their faith? i can't laff, lyk oromo is d only tribe in ethiopia, ignoring credible source lyk,ethiopian last census(even ethiopian-muslim leaders didn't dispute d figures) wikipedia,nation encyclopedia,pew study while believing islamic site(1991? see what islam in 9ja has become since that tym from 55% to 44% nt to talk of ethiopia) that don't talk of Xtain in d nation..P.O.C, i didn't say 'Xtain is d majority in S.W 9ja' d last official census,pew study,wikipedia says so put them @ meagre 30%, n if u doubt it, look around u n see the fact(b4 u see 1-muslim family, u would see more than 5-Xtain),growing RCCG N CAC member,pastor are muslim covert..get ur fact right, u're online, ur credibility is on d line
Re: 'Salat Man' Is Symbol Of Resistance For Muslims In Ethiopia by Msgamble: 12:41am On Aug 19, 2013

@roy, u're just embarrassing urself with 'my friend told me this n that' imagine did ur friend ask every oromo ppl of their faith? i can't laff, lyk oromo is d only tribe in ethiopia, ignoring credible source lyk,ethiopian last census(even ethiopian-muslim leaders didn't dispute d figures) wikipedia,nation encyclopedia,pew study while believing islamic site(1991? see what islam in 9ja has become since that tym from 55% to 44% nt to talk of ethiopia) that don't talk of Xtain in d nation..P.O.C, i didn't say 'Xtain is d majority in S.W 9ja' d last official census,pew study,wikipedia says so put them @ meagre 30%, n if u doubt it, look around u n see the fact(b4 u see 1-muslim family, u would see more than 5-Xtain),growing RCCG N CAC member,pastor are muslim covert..get ur fact right, u're online, ur credibility is on d line
Re: 'Salat Man' Is Symbol Of Resistance For Muslims In Ethiopia by Msgamble: 12:42am On Aug 19, 2013

Re: 'Salat Man' Is Symbol Of Resistance For Muslims In Ethiopia by tmotmo: 6:39am On Aug 19, 2013
Msgamble: @roy, u're just embarrassing urself with 'my friend told me this n that' imagine did ur friend ask every oromo ppl of their faith? i can't laff, lyk oromo is d only tribe in ethiopia, ignoring credible source lyk,ethiopian last census(even ethiopian-muslim leaders didn't dispute d figures) wikipedia,nation encyclopedia,pew study while believing islamic site(1991? see what islam in 9ja has become since that tym from 55% to 44% nt to talk of ethiopia) that don't talk of Xtain in d nation..P.O.C, i didn't say 'Xtain is d majority in S.W 9ja' d last official census,pew study,wikipedia says so put them @ meagre 30%, n if u doubt it, look around u n see the fact(b4 u see 1-muslim family, u would see more than 5-Xtain),growing RCCG N CAC member,pastor are muslim covert..get ur fact right, u're online, ur credibility is on d line

Christian Crusader, Do you need to post this hundred times to proof your points, or........?
Re: 'Salat Man' Is Symbol Of Resistance For Muslims In Ethiopia by Msgamble: 11:29am On Aug 19, 2013
tmotmo:

Christian Crusader, Do you need to post this hundred times to proof your points, or........?
Sucide bomber, it was due to network(so i try posting several time)..my point as already been proven, am only asking ur fellow to think twice 'who he want to believed'..comm'on should av tell network problem is the reason i posted repeatedly, Jihadi
Re: 'Salat Man' Is Symbol Of Resistance For Muslims In Ethiopia by Nobody: 12:35pm On Aug 19, 2013
@msgamble;
by Msgamble: 12:42am

my friend told me this and that is not an embarrassment but honesty. i have met many ethiopian christians and muslims and never was interested in ethiopian tribal details, thinking they were almost from the tribe of haile sallessie, until i met her. and she was well educated and already high up in the governance at about age 28, a direct adviser to the minister of economy, setting up policy.

with her down to earth and a hijabi muslim, even now that she is 33, i with my life experience believe that she knows her people. i know my yoruba people, too, even as i dont live with them now. i can tell you the pulse rate of the yorubas and she should be able to of her people when she said that the statistics you are raving about is a lie. i have lived through 2 censor cycles in nigeria and 4 in another country. in all of the 6 i have never been counted and i know many that take the same position. i gave you a reasonable evidence to support my position; the number of muslims in usa have been stated for the past 30 plus years to be 6 millions. tell me if the usa with all her modernity and liberalism about religion has not added 6 millions more to the original 6 millions, while she had no choice to project that soon the spanish will be the dominant ethinic group, you should know by mere common sense that something is not adding up.

can i expect ethiopia not to lie about the muslim population? if i go by what the usa is doing about muslim population where we now have great grand children muslims in a family and they are not immigrants but authentic americans from buffalo, nys. there are many of them in ohio and i will not talk about the people of michigan because you may these are arabs.

ethiopia muslim leaders may just be ally of the government against the muslims for a piece of the ill gotten pie. i trust ordinary people and the only leadership i trust is the one that is sincere. christian is the majority in sw 9ja you said. that shows i was correct. the most populated of the states in sw is lagos. lagos indigents and we are not talking about awon ato wun re wa are mainly muslims. ogun, oyo, are mainly muslims and the only places i think christianity really take hold are ekiti and ondo.
Re: 'Salat Man' Is Symbol Of Resistance For Muslims In Ethiopia by Nobody: 12:35pm On Aug 19, 2013
double post.
Re: 'Salat Man' Is Symbol Of Resistance For Muslims In Ethiopia by BetaThings: 5:44pm On Aug 19, 2013
Kairoseki77:

And that is the most important place - the mind. His, mine, my neighbour's etc

1 Like

Re: 'Salat Man' Is Symbol Of Resistance For Muslims In Ethiopia by Msgamble: 1:41am On Aug 20, 2013
@roy, maybe if 'muslim is d majority in ethiopia' as u n ur friend claimed, why would they(muslim if majority, would make bulk of census officials) shift figures in xtain favour?,what would b their gain as muslim putting figures in xtain favour? Doesn't it sound smelling to u..if u doubt 'official census' n wikipedia, pew study, then their result on muslim in - iran 95%(maybe d true nomba is 50%),turkey 98% (maybe true is 10%)? My friend u funny oooh..back to S.W 9ja, i put it to muslim around here in S.W, if they can swear in their 'Allah name or their book' n tell me in their street 'they would n't document 10-xtain family b4 3-muslim family are counted' swear pls..if u are a ghanian n ask ur fulani friend abt 'faith in 9ja' wouldn't he tell u 'muslim are d majority(nt in north buh entirely)', there are yoruba-muslim as census official what would they gain by lying? Even yoruba-muslim leaders didn't dispute those figures even current Osun speaker(a muslim) comfirmed xtain majority during CAN dispute in feb,2013 during state parliament session..it a lost race
Re: 'Salat Man' Is Symbol Of Resistance For Muslims In Ethiopia by Msgamble: 1:42am On Aug 20, 2013
@roy, maybe if 'muslim is d majority in ethiopia' as u n ur friend claimed, why would they(muslim if majority, would make bulk of census officials) shift figures in xtain favour?,what would b their gain as muslim putting figures in xtain favour? Doesn't it sound smelling to u..if u doubt 'official census' n wikipedia, pew study, then their result on muslim in - iran 95%(maybe d true nomba is 50%),turkey 98% (maybe true is 10%)? My friend u funny oooh..back to S.W 9ja, i put it to muslim around here in S.W, if they can swear in their 'Allah name or their book' n tell me in their street 'they would n't document 10-xtain family b4 3-muslim family are counted' swear pls..if u are a ghanian n ask ur fulani friend abt 'faith in 9ja' wouldn't he tell u 'muslim are d majority(nt in north buh entirely)', there are yoruba-muslim as census official what would they gain by lying? Even yoruba-muslim leaders didn't dispute those figures even current Osun speaker(a muslim) comfirmed xtain majority during CAN dispute in feb,2013 during state parliament session..it a lost race
Re: 'Salat Man' Is Symbol Of Resistance For Muslims In Ethiopia by Nobody: 1:35pm On Aug 20, 2013
@msgamble; majority without guns and pen dont make the rules. those who have guns and pen, even if they are minority are actually the majority making the rules because of the 2 things; guns and pen.

examples; egypr of today, palestine at the moment of zionist action leading to the creation of Israel, apatheid south africa, bar'th party of iraq, the mulah rule of iran, the monarch rule of saudi arabia. i can give you many more.

the smell i get from the ethiopian scenario is the evil smell of oppression. have you ever heard of stuffing the ballot box? it is similar to george bush victory through the supreme court decision in 2000. you can be a minority and when you are the one with the guns and pen, in short influence, you get the majority to accept your position.

we dont swear in Allah's Name or by our Book. We swear by Allah, making Him our Witness. evidently, you are not a yoruba so our history is foreign to you. almost all the muslims here are yorubas. i said almost, with few exceptions. ibadan is muslim city. abeokuta, ijebu ode the father of the ijebus, epart from remo, oyo, ilorin, oshogbo, iwo, and many others, except maybe ilesha and ife in osun and mostly ekiti state and less so of ondo state are all muslim majority. lagos state apart from the eguns are majority muslims; proper lagosians except minority of them are muslim families. the ijebus among lagos state are muslims. and population of the yorubas centers and rings around lagos. more purely muslim family families than non muslim families and where there is christianity, majority are muslims.
Re: 'Salat Man' Is Symbol Of Resistance For Muslims In Ethiopia by Msgamble: 8:58pm On Aug 20, 2013
RoyPCain: @msgamble; majority without guns and pen dont make the rules. those who have guns and pen, even if they are minority are actually the majority making the rules because of the 2 things; guns and pen.

examples; egypr of today, palestine at the moment of zionist action leading to the creation of Israel, apatheid south africa, bar'th party of iraq, the mulah rule of iran, the monarch rule of saudi arabia. i can give you many more.

the smell i get from the ethiopian scenario is the evil smell of oppression. have you ever heard of stuffing the ballot box? it is similar to george bush victory through the supreme court decision in 2000. you can be a minority and when you are the one with the guns and pen, in short influence, you get the majority to accept your position.

we dont swear in Allah's Name or by our Book. We swear by Allah, making Him our Witness. evidently, you are not a yoruba so our history is foreign to you. almost all the muslims here are yorubas. i said almost, with few exceptions. ibadan is muslim city. abeokuta, ijebu ode the father of the ijebus, epart from remo, oyo, ilorin, oshogbo, iwo, and many others, except maybe ilesha and ife in osun and mostly ekiti state and less so of ondo state are all muslim majority. lagos state apart from the eguns are majority muslims; proper lagosians except minority of them are muslim families. the ijebus among lagos state are muslims. and population of the yorubas centers and rings around lagos. more purely muslim family families than non muslim families and where there is christianity, majority are muslims.
Perhap u didn't know as much of history as u claimed..u feel zionist rule holy land with 'gun n pen'(average muslim thinking) as u claimed zionist jews(11.5m ppl) are d minority n palestinan(W.B-4.5m + Gaza-1.5m =7.0m ppl) are d majority uh?mayb u don't learned history, when Assyria expel 10-tribe of isreal b4 their descendant(now considered european after many centuries in euro) return to their historic land..aparthei- d reason black-ppl won is because they are d majority(70%) census at d tym didn't dispute this(white ppl never has chance of winning)..I can't laff ooh..back to S.W(My name is 0YEJIDE ABIOLA CLEMENT-Yoruba'ly born)..u haven't swear to me that in ur street, u wouldn't 'document 10-xtain families b4 3-muslim family' just swear..if muslim were d majority they would make bulk of census officials, they n muslim-leaders would dispute last census result lyk ghanain-muslim leaders do(av u ask urself why didn't?..RCCG(over 6million member) CAC(4million),TAC(5million)are their certified claims nt to talk of DLBC,MFM,anglican,catholic,methodist,celestial,C n S etc..get ur fact ryt, man
Re: 'Salat Man' Is Symbol Of Resistance For Muslims In Ethiopia by Kairoseki77: 11:21pm On Aug 20, 2013
RoyPCain: @msgamble; majority without guns and pen dont make the rules. those who have guns and pen, even if they are minority are actually the majority making the rules because of the 2 things; guns and pen.

Ethiopia has been a Christian nation since the 4th century. They are one of the oldest Christian countries on Earth. They are mentioned heavily in the Bible, Torah, and Quran. What makes you think they would be majority Muslim all of a sudden?
Re: 'Salat Man' Is Symbol Of Resistance For Muslims In Ethiopia by Nobody: 3:01pm On Aug 21, 2013
@kairosk77; this is ignorance on your part talking about 4th century considering that we are talking about islam under Muhammad [sa]. what if i say ethiopia was majority pagan since before 1st century and therefore arguing that it remains so till now. will that make sense to you? but this is exactly what you kairoski77 has just done with your 4th century date.

today, islam is deeply rooted in ethiopia and i know more muslims from ethiopia now than christian ethiopians. islam entered ethiopia before it entered madina and before it became acceptable in makka. now what? the muslims argue that the census under represents them. this is the issue with me and we have already agreed that the christians or the government is against muslims. many christians here want the muslim ethiopians massacred while they hate it when boko haraam ignorantly indulge in this madness. we should all hate the shedding of bloods, innocent people or otherwise and let the government get rid of bad guys off of us.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

~* Deols is 2011 'Islam For Muslims' Section Poster Of The Year: Congrats~* / Effects Of Masturbation And Its Cure In Islam.. / Islam And The Theory Of Evolution

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.