Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,428 members, 7,830,151 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:58 PM

Poor Road Network At Iyana Ejigbo - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Poor Road Network At Iyana Ejigbo (11147 Views)

Ige Street At Iyana Ipaja Flooded After Rains / Soldier Beats Up BRT Driver At Iyana Ipaja Today (photos) / Fashola Inaugurates 13km Road Network In Alimosho (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Poor Road Network At Iyana Ejigbo by Nobody: 1:11pm On Aug 17, 2013
Afam4eva:
It can't be in Lagos. Fashola has fixed all the roads in Lagos. He's perfect. The Ogun state government should do the needful.

I knew Afam was another fashola hater grin. I can tell by easily anything anti-Yoruba and Fashola makes it to the frontpage now adays. Seun, kindly take note! cheesy
Re: Poor Road Network At Iyana Ejigbo by slimfit1(m): 1:13pm On Aug 17, 2013
No pictures prove rubbish we need evidence, evidence matters in this occasion.
Re: Poor Road Network At Iyana Ejigbo by texazzpete(m): 1:19pm On Aug 17, 2013
I'm not an Igbo man, before you Fashola voltrons jump on me, but the state of the roads in Ejigbo is just totally dreadful.

It is telling that the guy posting pictures here is putting up pictures of busy expressways, bridges and top tier intersections. When you drill into the real lagos, the inner roads, the Ejigbos of this world, you'll see how these areas are starved of attention by the State Government.

My in-laws live in Ejigbo and I can tell you the nightmarish time I have everytime I have to visit. I won't even talk of the abysmal state of the roads near TB Joshua's Synagogue church.

From what i've heard, the Local Government chairman in that area loves to develop the roads on paper while living in luxury in far better areas of Lagos. Fashola et al cannot claim to be unaware of this.

The 'fashola cannot do everything at once' excuse is utter rubbish. 5+ years into his tenure...Taxpayers live in those areas too.

9 Likes

Re: Poor Road Network At Iyana Ejigbo by banky222: 1:42pm On Aug 17, 2013
malc619:

Pics don't lie!!!!

You can't rubbish a performer because of some insatiable and parasitic Ibo folks and you expect folks to sit back and allow you continue in your rubbish antics of demonizing anything positive about the SW....

You and your fellow Ibo folks should tell us if your governors have built the road to ur house in your state.. Hypocrites...
Why do you think everyone who criticize Fashola is an Ibo? Drop ethnicity jaree and let people speak their mind
grin

1 Like

Re: Poor Road Network At Iyana Ejigbo by thehomer: 2:42pm On Aug 17, 2013
Until trains connect that part of Lagos, things will remain difficult.
Re: Poor Road Network At Iyana Ejigbo by omiobo: 2:50pm On Aug 17, 2013
teskyg: Fashola has been in Power for six years and have not be able to fix roads in Lagos.How does he intends to fix Nigeria problems in four years if he becomes the President?
Nobody expect anybody to fix problems of Nigeria in 4yrs because the problems are not created in 4yrs likewise Lagos. Among others Political stabiltiy brings development,and that is what we need in SW.
Re: Poor Road Network At Iyana Ejigbo by Nobody: 2:56pm On Aug 17, 2013
sometimes when I see all those fine pictures of lagos I go de wonder if that place na Lagos wey I follow live.as for the guy wey say pictures no dey lie pls can you send me pictures of cele, Agoo,iyanoba, even festac or abuledo.abeg na make we dey talk true sometimes. at least you for prove Op wrong by posting d pictures of these place he mentioned.
Re: Poor Road Network At Iyana Ejigbo by illuminaty(m): 3:10pm On Aug 17, 2013
t-something:

So anyone who now says anything negative about saint Fashola is an Ibo man. Look how myopic and tribalistic you are.

For your information, am from Akwa Ibom state and proudly resident in uyo. It's known everywhere that you can't compare quality of roads is Akwa Ibom to anywhere in your village . Even my street has better roads and street lights compared to the road leading to your government house (K-Line , Ewet Housing Estate , uyo). The address is for you to confirm what I just stated.

If I brag about my government, its because I personally can enjoy its dividends. I don't need to go about looking for beautiful pictures to use and brag on the internet . I still challenge Eko Ile (or whatever the buttlicker chooses to answer ) if he can proudly post pictures of his street so that we can appreciate how Fashola has performed there!

....correct pesin jooor.....dah....abadie?
Re: Poor Road Network At Iyana Ejigbo by Boss13: 3:21pm On Aug 17, 2013
deeptesting: I am happy someone has brought the attention of Nigerians to the deplorable state of roads in Alimosho Local Government Area..The submission of the reporter is nothing but a perfect condition of the people living in that area,the worst case scenario is your attempt to connect Cele Bus Stop from Ikotun in the morning..It is not just about the award of contracts on paper and some shallow minds will be celebrating; it is about the completion of such projects within a reasonable time to alleviate the suffering of the people..This is the same issue with the Buknor-Ijegun road been handled by HI-TECH or HI-ALOMO,which has been under construction for over 6 years without any visible progress..BRF should come to the aid of these communities and award contracts to competent contractors and not charlatans.

God bless you and your generations
Re: Poor Road Network At Iyana Ejigbo by Cathybrown: 3:25pm On Aug 17, 2013
malc619: Pics don't lie!!!! You can't rubbish a performer because of some insatiable and parasitic Ibo folks and you expect folks to sit back and allow you continue in your rubbish antics of demonizing anything positive about the SW.... You and your fellow Ibo folks should tell us if your governors have built the road to ur house in your state.. Hypocrites... grin

u are a very big fool for dat comment. I stay in this area and i knw wat life there is like. When it rains, we find it difficult to go out. And u are here ranting rubbish. Big fool

2 Likes

Re: Poor Road Network At Iyana Ejigbo by Boss13: 3:33pm On Aug 17, 2013
Previously I say little when Fashola fans start beating the drums when an award paper for a project has been signed (pls note work has not commenced just award paper). These political fans have done nothing but confused the general public about the realities in Lagos state.

It is amazing at how much the state generates from tax and federal allocation yet little is known by the general public on how these funds are channelled towards providing social infrastructure. The Governor in his aim to address the insecurity situations in the state set up the Lagos state security trust fund and private companies donated to this project to provide weapons and vehicles for the lagos police command. I know this because I donated N10million on behalf of my organisation. Now certain projects are being carried out in conjunction with private organisations. Also, tax levies are charged on some public projects after public funds were used to fund them. The general public must note that the Lagos state govt has also claimed responsibility for some projects being implemented by the Federal Govt.

Now the big question is - what is Fashola doing with the revenue being generated from this state and why is there no transparency in Lagos state govt?

Why has Fashola threatened civil servants with loss of jobs if they disclose information about the running of the state?

My only advice is that the general public should not be carried away by the sycophants frequenting this forum with chants for fashola but to create time to visit the state and see for themselves and make their own opinion. Please don't form your opinion based on pictures posted here.

Many have claimed that Fashola is the best governor in the country. However, I feel otherwise after my visit to other cities in the country and these cities rely mainly on Federal allocations alone.

6 Likes

Re: Poor Road Network At Iyana Ejigbo by anonimi: 3:36pm On Aug 17, 2013
I see the Association of Conmen in Nigeria, ACN e-timidators are hard at work to harrass and scare the lily livered critics of their patro saint and holy sheik into silence by screaming Igbo and bigot.
Sorry guys, can't always work.
Rather tell your idol to get busy and fix the feeder roads in Lagos STATE rather than struggling with the FGN to repair and toll the Airport road.
MISPLACED priority fake progressives with over 14 years in power and so many trillions down their budget drain.
Did I hear someone say the best governor in the world

4 Likes

Re: Poor Road Network At Iyana Ejigbo by LagosBoi2(m): 3:38pm On Aug 17, 2013
Ogbeni poster, you will have to wait for your time, he is still working on Oju eko and you are talking of eko igbehin, for dose staying in and around eko igbehin, you need to be patient, na turn by turn.
Re: Poor Road Network At Iyana Ejigbo by ocelot2006(m): 3:47pm On Aug 17, 2013
agbameta:

No human being is without flaws, but right now in Nigeria, Fashola remains the best and the most efficient government official in Nigeria.

The best?! Ha!!! Thanks for the joke bruv cheesy

1 Like

Re: Poor Road Network At Iyana Ejigbo by talktimi(m): 3:51pm On Aug 17, 2013
Its utter crass stvpidity when otherwise enlightened, adult humans come out to say people dont have the right to ask questions of their leaders especially in a democratic setting such as we have in Nigeria and in this case, Lagos state. The height of this stvpidity is when people are tagged as "igbo's" just for speaking out about where a government has failed them.

2 Likes

Re: Poor Road Network At Iyana Ejigbo by Boss13: 3:55pm On Aug 17, 2013
Please we must not tie ethnicity to this (The Lagos Project) becos it turns out to be the norm each case. I believe objectivity should be the case. I am interested in the Lagos project because I pay my taxes (which is even deducted from source. However some political big shots have been evading tax since inception). Fashola owes me a duty to explain what he uses my money to do (the one I cannot spend on myself).

We need to begin to force these public holders to do the right thing. For Fashola fans, I am afraid that after 10 years I think Abuja might become the commercial hotspot in the country. The economic activities I saw in Abuja got me thinking. Rather than beat the drum for projects that are just on paper let's wait till they are completed then we can toast to the governor but only if there will be no additional levies attached to utilizing them.

2 Likes

Re: Poor Road Network At Iyana Ejigbo by meforyou1(m): 4:08pm On Aug 17, 2013
Fashola the igbo-hater is not a good governor talkless of being the best.
Lots of road in that axis are in a state of direpair while fashola is busy imprisoning igbo petty traders and deporting them to onitsha at the dead of the night. 3am to be precise.

1 Like

Re: Poor Road Network At Iyana Ejigbo by nyabingi(m): 4:46pm On Aug 17, 2013
like my guy said the road belong to osun state govt leave my guvnor alone
..up he pee pee see, fasola for presido!!
Re: Poor Road Network At Iyana Ejigbo by Slizbeat(m): 5:18pm On Aug 17, 2013
It is good that this write-up has been posted here and I much appreciate it. I stay NNPC junction and work at cele xpress. Every morning I start at early as 7a.m trekking down to cele cos if I had to use a bus, I would most likely arrive cele by 9a.m to 10a.m. The truth of the matter here is that there is no other route to these areas that is virtually the largest most populated area in lagos state. How can a single road be connecting all these places together?

Pako roundabout connects isolo, okota-cele, jakande-bucknor-isheri-ijegun, N.N.P.C to iyana ejigbo, ikotun, egbeda, igando..... Just Pako ooo.

And again, lagos receives a whooping sum of 33billion or so annually(can't recall if its naira or dollar), which is the highest in Nigeria and it being the smallest state with about 3900square kilometers has no excuse whatsoever not to have good road network and access. If it should have any excuse with such amount and landmass, what do we now say about Niger state with about 76000square kilometers and less than 20billion?? We complain because we haven't received our own dividend of democracy, ask the Americans and they would school you better on what democracy is.

Lastly, many people divides lagos into two. The Island which is supposed to be called "Lagos Island" is being called "Lagos". How therefore do we think the other areas would be developed when we have already called the island alone LAGOS?? The govt. of the state therefore develops Lagos which originally is "Lagos Island".
Re: Poor Road Network At Iyana Ejigbo by dossantos1: 5:51pm On Aug 17, 2013
anonimi: I see the Association of Conmen in Nigeria, ACN e-timidators are hard at work to harrass and scare the lily livered critics of their patro saint and holy sheik into silence by screaming Igbo and bigot.
Sorry guys, can't always work.
Rather tell your idol to get busy and fix the feeder roads in Lagos STATE rather than struggling with the FGN to repair and toll the Airport road.
MISPLACED priority fake progressives with over 14 years in power and so many trillions down their budget drain.
Did I hear someone say the best governor in the world

ogah! in as much as LASG impact have not been felt in alimosho LGA compared to other LGAs in lagos, that does not give you the license to lie against the govt. the airport is just at the back of my house and the airport rd is in a sorry state compared to MOBOLAJI BANK ANTHONY WAY( a well paved with beautiful gardens with street light by LASG) which is an adjoining road to the airport road. that airport road is a disgrace to nigeria with lots of potholes and in total darkness throught out the night, despite the fact that the road has always being tolled for decades by FG

we shud be commending LASG for the motorable state of the road, the canal that cut through mafoluku into the airport is regularly dredged by LASG just to safe the road from being cut off by floood.
even presently LASG is building a bridge linking the interior of mafoluku to the airport for the sole purpose creating an alternative routes for motorists along the airport road.
FG is asleep in lagos, nothing is being done by FG in lagos

3 Likes

Re: Poor Road Network At Iyana Ejigbo by KeBabaLag: 5:54pm On Aug 17, 2013
I will start by commenting on issues raised by Slizbeat. Once the bridge linking Oke Afa to Ajao Estate (besides Chi Vita) is completed, the traffic flow through Pako should reduce by at least 40%. The problem has been one of planning and like someone else mentioned, the errors or many years will not be rectified in one term.

For a long time, the government has been non-committal about the Jakande-Ejigbo-Egbe axis. How else would you want me to explain four lanes converging into two lanes at Ori-Oke bridge and you would not expect traffic log-jam more so being the only link between Ejigbo and Egbe? The government need to identify feeder and alternate routes to decongest that bridge. Fixing the drainage at Iyana Ejigbo alone will not solve the problem. Why not link Ailegun Road (besides Ronik) with the roads running through Agodo? Bridges that run through Agodo will decongest this present one, or is the government not willing to take on TB Joshua who I learnt has bought substantial land interest in the Egbe Bridge canal area?

In a similar manner the bridge at Isheri if completed on time will reduce traffic at Iyana Ejigbo as those going to Ijegun and environs will now have an alternative route. It will also not be too much if plans are made to link Jakande Estate with Ago or Okota (these plans can be made now and executed years later). We would need to ask where the Town Planners in the civil service are. I do not see any significant impact of the monthly wages they collect.
Re: Poor Road Network At Iyana Ejigbo by seedsower(m): 5:58pm On Aug 17, 2013
Pictures and videos of Iyana-Ejigbo. (As at 5pm, 17th august, 2013)

2 Likes

Re: Poor Road Network At Iyana Ejigbo by dossantos1: 6:02pm On Aug 17, 2013
Slizbeat: It is good that this write-up has been posted here and I much appreciate it. I stay NNPC junction and work at cele xpress. Every morning I start at early as 7a.m trekking down to cele cos if I had to use a bus, I would most likely arrive cele by 9a.m to 10a.m. The truth of the matter here is that there is no other route to these areas that is virtually the largest most populated area in lagos state. How can a single road be connecting all these places together?

Pako roundabout connects isolo, okota-cele, jakande-bucknor-isheri-ijegun, N.N.P.C to iyana ejigbo, ikotun, egbeda, igando..... Just Pako ooo.

And again, lagos receives a whooping sum of 33billion or so annually(can't recall if its naira or dollar), which is the highest in Nigeria and it being the smallest state with about 3900square kilometers has no excuse whatsoever not to have good road network and access. If it should have any excuse with such amount and landmass, what do we now say about Niger state with about 76000square kilometers and less than 20billion?? We complain because we haven't received our own dividend of democracy, ask the Americans and they would school you better on what democracy is.

Lastly, many people divides lagos into two. The Island which is supposed to be called "Lagos Island" is being called "Lagos". How therefore do we think the other areas would be developed when we have already called the island alone LAGOS?? The govt. of the state therefore develops Lagos which originally is "Lagos Island".

lagos may be the smallest in size but have the highest nos of rd,hospitals,schools,population to cater for,workers, et al.
most of the other states you are talking about may be large 10times larger than lagos but how many interior rds do dey have, for example niger state exept for minna the capital where there are some internal road, all other local govts jus have federal rd cutting through them. same for most other state in nigeria. i have been to all the nook and crannies of this country, i knw what am talking about.

a lot of work still need to be done by Fashoola but u cant compare him with any state govnor in nigeria
Re: Poor Road Network At Iyana Ejigbo by dossantos1: 6:06pm On Aug 17, 2013
Slizbeat: It is good that this write-up has been posted here and I much appreciate it. I stay NNPC junction and work at cele xpress. Every morning I start at early as 7a.m trekking down to cele cos if I had to use a bus, I would most likely arrive cele by 9a.m to 10a.m. The truth of the matter here is that there is no other route to these areas that is virtually the largest most populated area in lagos state. How can a single road be connecting all these places together?

lagos may be the smallest in size but have the highest nos of rd,hospitals,schools,population to cater for,workers, et al.
most of the other states you are talking about may be large 10times larger than lagos but how many interior rds do dey have, for example niger state exept for minna the capital where there are some internal road, all other local govts jus have federal rd cutting through them. same for most other state in nigeria. i have been to all the nook and crannies of this country, i knw what am talking about.

a lot of work still need to be done by Fashoola but u cant compare him with any state govnor in nigeria
Re: Poor Road Network At Iyana Ejigbo by dossantos1: 6:10pm On Aug 17, 2013

Re: Poor Road Network At Iyana Ejigbo by Boss13: 6:36pm On Aug 17, 2013
There is no road in Lagos that is devoid of pot holes. There is a pot hole somewhere to kiss your tyres. I went to Uyo I was angry I did not see pot holes. I went to Abuja the living condition there is still making me angry. Back to Lagos somebody is telling me Lagos is progressing and that the quality of life is improving with the noise pollution and wreckless driving from danfo buses.

In another thread, a report showed that Fashola is overhyped and I agree. Airport road remains in a bad shape becos Fashola claims it is a federal road. But once it has been repaired, his fans will snap a picture and upload here.

Where is the money going?

- No water, public transportation is few, people prefer private schools and hospitals to public ones, inadequate security, dirt littering every corner, blocked drainages. Why would someone say it is an Ibo propaganda to demand for social amenities and Fashola is the best governor
Re: Poor Road Network At Iyana Ejigbo by dossantos1: 6:48pm On Aug 17, 2013
Boss13: There is no road in Lagos that is devoid of pot holes. There is a pot hole somewhere to kiss your tyres. I went to Uyo I was angry I did not see pot holes. I went to Abuja the living condition there is still making me angry. Back to Lagos somebody is telling me Lagos is progressing and that the quality of life is improving with the noise pollution and wreckless driving from danfo buses.

In another thread, a report showed that Fashola is overhyped and I agree. Airport road remains in a bad shape becos Fashola claims it is a federal road. But once it has been repaired, his fans will snap a picture and upload here.

airport road is in sorry shape no doubt, thats where i leave and the federal govt have been collecting toll on the road for decades, several times LASG have requested to take over the road to make it motorable which the FG turned down. LASG is currently constructing an alternative road with a bridge to pass through mafoluku, i will get the pix of the ongoing project, its withing my neighborhood.

more work needs to be done no doubt! all fashola praise singers take it easy, the man needs to knw there is more work to be done and to you fashola haters, u can just belittle his achievement becos no govnor have measured up to him in terms of performance
Re: Poor Road Network At Iyana Ejigbo by Seequadry(m): 7:00pm On Aug 17, 2013
WELCOME TO IYANA EJIGBO 17:08:2013....among d poorman areas in LAGOS

Re: Poor Road Network At Iyana Ejigbo by ocelot2006(m): 7:07pm On Aug 17, 2013
t-something:

So anyone who now says anything negative about saint Fashola is an Ibo man. Look how myopic and tribalistic you are.

For your information, am from Akwa Ibom state and proudly resident in uyo. It's known everywhere that you can't compare quality of roads is Akwa Ibom to anywhere in your village . Even my street has better roads and street lights compared to the road leading to your government house (K-Line , Ewet Housing Estate , uyo). The address is for you to confirm what I just stated.

If I brag about my government, its because I personally can enjoy its dividends. I don't need to go about looking for beautiful pictures to use and brag on the internet . I still challenge Eko Ile (or whatever the buttlicker chooses to answer ) if he can proudly post pictures of his street so that we can appreciate how Fashola has performed there!

Eyen eka mi, mbok tell hem oh. Even the road to my village in Etim Ekpo is far better than some roads on the Lagos Island. And well lit. Fashola may look good, but when it comes to
Re: Poor Road Network At Iyana Ejigbo by Boss13: 7:08pm On Aug 17, 2013
dos-santos:

[B] to you fashola haters, u can just belittle his achievement becos no govnor have measured up to him in terms of performance[/b]

I think there is something wrong with your remark above. For me there is nothing to hate about Fashola nor for anyone too. He is my governor and I believe I demand to know why certain things are not working. I also believe in terms of performance it is wrong to term him as the best. I have been priviledge to travel to many cities in the country. Also, you do not have a performance measurement index to use. I think Business Day is trying to do something like an award. Hopefully we will get to know. All we ask for are projects to solve the basic issues bothering we Lagos residents and not projects that add to the issues.

Let's forget about Abuja, please visit Uyo to see for yourself what social infrastructure is.
Re: Poor Road Network At Iyana Ejigbo by seedsower(m): 7:13pm On Aug 17, 2013
Manual road constructions, the constructions is just too local, bricklayers building road.
We don't know how long this will linger. One-Man-Mopol, slow men at work ! Pictures and videos of Iyana-Ejigbo 2. (As at 5pm, 17th august, 2013)

Re: Poor Road Network At Iyana Ejigbo by Inoknowbook: 7:21pm On Aug 17, 2013
agbameta:

Great. Now show us the pictures of the inner city roads. Inner cities like Ejigbo, mushin, ajangbadi, ogba, aguda-surulere, iyana ipaja, oshodi, oworonshoki, lawanson etc, roads being used by poor people day in day out.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

"We Are Solidly With Udom" - In-laws Dispel Rumour, Hammer Impostor / Adejobi: Report Of Kidnapper's Den Discovered Opposite Police HQs Is Fake News / Profile Of Lamido Yuguda, Monetary Policy Committee (MPC) Member

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.