Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,307 members, 7,829,727 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:04 AM

Poor Road Network At Iyana Ejigbo - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Poor Road Network At Iyana Ejigbo (11146 Views)

Ige Street At Iyana Ipaja Flooded After Rains / Soldier Beats Up BRT Driver At Iyana Ipaja Today (photos) / Fashola Inaugurates 13km Road Network In Alimosho (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Poor Road Network At Iyana Ejigbo by ba7man(m): 10:13pm On Aug 18, 2013
t-something:

You guys always use this population story as an excuse for his failures. Cairo is an African city more populated than Lagos state yet they have everything working .

Lagos state is what it is in terms of economy due to its huge population , else without that, it won't be any attractive than Ekiti. If you enjoy the financial benefits of a huge population, you should also be man enough to confront her challenges. So stop complaining about population.

By the way, what has population got to do with fixing a few Km of local road? Is Fashola feeding 18 million Lagosians with the money? How many Lagosians attend his public schools? How many Lagosians does he treat free or even at subsidized rate? Even the few roads he built he collects tolls on them, so in essence due to the large population you're complaining about , Fashola is able to recoup all the money spent in constructing the roads with profits.

So stop spinning that population excuse ! The HUGE POPULATION IS A PLUS TO LAGOS!
If you can't understand the negative effect of an over-crowded, decaying,largely unplanned urban sprawly that's one of the largest in Africa on effective Governance......I'm sorry i have no business talking to you.

So its easier to Govern and carry out projects in a sleepy bushy location than an overcrowded, unplanned city that's so large its one of the largest gathering of people in the world??

Seriously, its one of the ways I now judge intelligence. What's the point of a Large population when a large percentage of them are a liability on the State??

Do you even know how much Cairo receives and generates as its Monthly allocation??
Re: Poor Road Network At Iyana Ejigbo by agbameta: 10:37pm On Aug 18, 2013
t-something:

[s]
Can you sincerely say the road to your house looks anything like what you have posted? Can't you see how foolish you are?

You go about taking beautiful pictures so as to praise your master and force people to see him as the best governor on earth , yet you can't post the pictures of your own street where you live because you are ashamed of it. You go about posting pictures of water works , yet you depend on mei-ruwa for water. Bloody shameless hypocrite.

Someone who is suffering from bad road is putting up this article , so as to attract the attention of your elitist governor , and your here barking him down! Are you this shallow? Don't you have conscience?[/s]

First it was the government did not build any roads, but after posting pictures of roads in different areas of the state, it's now the road in front of my house. How dumb, clueless and mischievous can you be? I do have more pictures to share if you are interested which I'll do regardless.grin

And we do have drinking water from a real water works and not your deadly N559 billion village bore hole your crooked and backward village governor is killing you with...

Lagos state water works and we have 15 with 70 million gallon expansion under construction. grin. grin grin

[img]http://img1.nairaland.com/attachments/1148045_a_jpg394659692a460258b45a99f1424ea357[/img]

[img]http://img1.nairaland.com/attachments/1148046_b_jpgefaf98db2eac3a61946ca0282ae6ddd4[/img]

[img]http://img1.nairaland.com/attachments/1148047_c_jpg792069df363c9e9a3737d98e38ffb46e[/img]

Akwa Ibom water works... grin grin

http://www.aksgonline.com/devInterminWater.aspx

[img]http://img1.nairaland.com/attachments/318749_Direct_labourWater_jpg3c5a29c6a5b0c2ecf8e3419086427332[/img]

Villager, please keep quiet and face your backward village ... grin
Re: Poor Road Network At Iyana Ejigbo by shineeye: 10:40pm On Aug 18, 2013
please please lets shun the devil this is bad i no the road in particular.Been there several times SW need to wake up and demand change...

1 Like

Re: Poor Road Network At Iyana Ejigbo by shineeye: 10:44pm On Aug 18, 2013
lagos/ogun

1 Like

Re: Poor Road Network At Iyana Ejigbo by ba7man(m): 10:46pm On Aug 18, 2013
But the road is truely bad. I'm sure it will be fixed soon.

That's still no reason for some people that have no clue about how to run anything to start mouthing off as if they know what they're talkin about.

People should also stop mentioning Akwa-Ibom when Lagos is concerned. The people living in that Ejigbo axis most likely will reject moving to Akwa-Ibom even if they're aware of the infrastructure there.
Re: Poor Road Network At Iyana Ejigbo by anonimi: 7:11am On Aug 19, 2013
t-something:

You guys always use this population story as an excuse for his failures. Cairo is an African city more populated than Lagos state yet they have everything working .

Lagos state is what it is in terms of economy due to its huge population , else without that, it won't be any attractive than Ekiti. If you enjoy the financial benefits of a huge population, you should also be man enough to confront her challenges. So stop complaining about population.

By the way, what has population got to do with fixing a few Km of local road? Is Fashola feeding 18 million Lagosians with the money? How many Lagosians attend his public schools? How many Lagosians does he treat free or even at subsidized rate? Even the few roads he built he collects tolls on them, so in essence due to the large population you're complaining about , Fashola is able to recoup all the money spent in constructing the roads with profits.

So stop spinning that population excuse ! The HUGE POPULATION IS A PLUS TO LAGOS!

Thank you for pointing out the population ADVANTAGE of Lagos. Nor mind these people dem.
When dem dey chop 60% IGR from the pockets, wallets, bags & handbags of Lagosians inside dem annual budget dem nor dey complain of population oh!
Once you talk of providing COMMENSURATE BASIC SERVICE na im dem go dey open mouth talk population this, population that. Meanwhile Kano state has a BIGGER population than the Lagos state sef!!!
Let us also not forget the INHERITED infrastructure advantage of Lagos being the capital of Nigeria for some 100 years i.e. a century with Niger Delta oil revenue used all these years. Unlike states like Akwa Ibom that have nothing to start with and have to develop from SCRATCH!
These ACN people na real PENKELEMESS, propaganda-fuelled progressives!!!
Re: Poor Road Network At Iyana Ejigbo by ba7man(m): 7:39am On Aug 19, 2013
anonimi:

Thank you for pointing out the population ADVANTAGE of Lagos. Nor mind these people dem.
When dem dey chop 60% IGR from the pockets, wallets, bags & handbags of Lagosians inside dem annual budget dem nor dey complain of population oh!
Once you talk of providing COMMENSURATE BASIC SERVICE na im dem go dey open mouth talk population this, population that. Meanwhile Kano state has a BIGGER population than the Lagos state sef!!!
Let us also not forget the INHERITED infrastructure advantage of Lagos being the capital of Nigeria for some 100 years i.e. a century with Niger Delta oil revenue used all these years. Unlike states like Akwa Ibom that have nothing to start with and have to develop from SCRATCH!
These ACN people na real PENKELEMESS, propaganda-fuelled progressives!!!
f you can't understand the negative effect of an over-crowded, decaying,largely unplanned urban sprawly that's one of the largest in Africa on effective Governance......I'm sorry i have no business talking to you.

So its easier to Govern and carry out projects in a sleepy bushy location than an overcrowded, unplanned city that's so large its one of the largest gathering of people in the world??

Seriously, its one of the ways I now judge intelligence.

What's the point of a Large population when a large percentage of them are a liability on the State??

Large population is only a plus when the State's economy can empower them.

Damn!! Some people really feel intelligent, didn't they study Social Studies in primary school dealing with the effects of over-crowding in cities??

It leads to rapid decay of infrastructure, crime, diseases, dirty environments etc....Lagos has been decaying for decades before this administration.

If you can't understand this simple lesson taught in Primary school, God help you.
Re: Poor Road Network At Iyana Ejigbo by anonimi: 8:12am On Aug 19, 2013
ba7man: f you can't understand the negative effect of an over-crowded, decaying,largely unplanned urban sprawly that's one of the largest in Africa on effective Governance......I'm sorry i have no business talking to you.

Seriously, its one of the ways I now judge intelligence.

What's the point of a Large population when a large percentage of them are a liability on the State??

Large population is only a plus when the State's economy can empower them.

Damn!! Some people really feel intelligent, didn't they study Social Studies in primary school dealing with the effects of over-crowding in cities??

It leads to rapid decay of infrastructure, crime, diseases, dirty environments etc....Lagos has been decaying for decades before this administration.

If you can't understand this simple lesson taught in Primary school, God help you.

All the dogo turenci above simply confirms what quite a number of people have known for quite some time and oters are slowly realising- Fashola is a dismal FAILURE in delivering BASIC services to all residents of Lagos STATE but a spectacular success in raising REVENUE from the same residents.
14 years (ALMOST ONE & A HALF DECADES) of continuous, unbroken "progressive" administration
of Tinubu and his boy, Fashola with gargantuan increase in IGR yet the "excellent" duo cannot fix the BASIC problems of the state.
SMH!!!
Re: Poor Road Network At Iyana Ejigbo by ba7man(m): 8:21am On Aug 19, 2013
Damn, So Akwa-Ibom is harder to run than Lagos?? What a joke. I'm not the most intelligent guy around but these guys beat me.

Google effects of over-population and read it up. You weren't listening in class when it was being taught.

Also note that its a Nigerian context....before they start mentioning "New-York city has a large population too".
Re: Poor Road Network At Iyana Ejigbo by ba7man(m): 8:26am On Aug 19, 2013
anonimi:

All the dogo turenci above simply confirms what quite a number of people have known for quite some time and oters are slowly realising- Fashola is a dismal FAILURE in delivering BASIC services to all residents of Lagos STATE but a spectacular success in raising REVENUE from the same residents.
14 years (ALMOST ONE & A HALF DECADES) of continuous, unbroken "progressive" administration
of Tinubu and his boy, Fashola with gargantuan increase in IGR yet the "excellent" duo cannot fix the BASIC problems of the state.
SMH!!!
Yeah, its difficult when you're to provide for approximately 18 million people living in one of the most congested urban sprawls in the world........But that you mentioned Akwa-Ibom being a harder State to Govern just revealed it to me that the foundation of your arguement is flawed.

You need to read more.
Re: Poor Road Network At Iyana Ejigbo by anonimi: 8:29am On Aug 19, 2013
ba7man: Yeah, its difficult when you're to provide for approximately 18 million people living in one of the most congested urban sprawls in the world........But that you mentioned Akwa-Ibom being a harder State to Govern just revealed it to me that the foundation of your arguement is flawed.

You need to read more.

I sincerely hope you will be kind enough to show me and everyone else where I specifically "mentioned Akwa-Ibom being a harder State to Govern".
Re: Poor Road Network At Iyana Ejigbo by ba7man(m): 8:37am On Aug 19, 2013
@ Anonimi. When next you argue, argue to learn, not to prove you know. I'v learnt from people like @Sincere Nigerian and @Tarhaqa (people against my school of thot) by just simply being quiet and analyzing what they said.

By saying Akwa-Ibom is harder to Govern, you just revealed that you don't really know what you're talking about (And you have one of the loudest voices).

That's like saying ruling Brunei is harder than ruling India.....That's bonkers, man.
Re: Poor Road Network At Iyana Ejigbo by anonimi: 8:42am On Aug 19, 2013
ba7man: @ Anonimi. When next you argue, argue to learn, not to prove you know. I'v learnt from people like @Sincere Nigerian and @Tarhaqa (people against my school of thot) by just simply being quiet and analyzing what they said.

By saying Akwa-Ibom is harder to Govern, you just revealed that you don't really know what you're talking about (And you have one of the loudest voices).

That's like saying ruling Brunei is harder than ruling India.....That's bonkers, man.

Please I take God beg you make you post and quote where I said "Akwa Ibom is harder to Govern".
Now why is that so difficult for you

2 Likes

Re: Poor Road Network At Iyana Ejigbo by ba7man(m): 8:49am On Aug 19, 2013
anonimi:

Let us also not forget the [b]INHERITED infrastructure advantage of Lagos being the capital of Nigeria for some 100 years i.e. a century with Niger Delta oil revenue used all these years. Unlike states like Akwa Ibom that have nothing to start with and have to develop from SCRATCH!
If that aint what else you're implying here.....I don't know ooo.....

The fact that you're not aware that Governing a State of approx 18million requires patience, "TIME!!!" and excellent administration skills for development to go round also shows you're not logical.

Do you consider how many roads are in Lagos?? The environmental degredation, the congestion, the slums, pressure and decay on existing infrastructure on-going for decades??

Did you expect everyone (approx 18 million) will just magically reap the benefits of Good governance??

This is a fact I've known since i was way younger. The problems of Lagos are "World-Class problems" and can't be solved in 10-15 years. Fashola will not fix all the roads and existing problems....the next Governor will inherit it.

You're just being unrealistic....apply logic to your thought process.

The same way I refrain from insulting G.E.J. He can't solve all the problems in Nigeria even if he goes for second term but he needs to show more urgency......That is what Fashola has. Just watch, this road's contract will soon be awarded.
Re: Poor Road Network At Iyana Ejigbo by skido4u(m): 9:06am On Aug 19, 2013
An issue ws raised abt a certain poor road network out of concern and frm the write up, I culdnt deduce anything malicious against Gov Fashola, yet we Nigerians are so myopic dt we always like treading water. Give ur suggestions and advice and shut up if u don't hv any and leave politics and tribalistic jingoism out of dis. If u dnt hv any reasonable thing to say pls shut up dan saying rubbish.

1 Like

Re: Poor Road Network At Iyana Ejigbo by anonimi: 9:16am On Aug 19, 2013
@ba7man,

Now I see that it was your comprehension problem that led you to conclude that I said what I clearly did not say but you wrongly concluded that I implied.
How does stating a fact that Lagos has been federal capital for some 100 years with INFRASCTRUCTURE developed with Niger Delta oil revenue compared to Akwa Ibom starting from SCRATCH imply that state is HARDER to govern?
Is it that you have REDUCED governance to simply the establishment of infrastructures
Don't you think that is not only elementary but also totally misleading?

BTW, where did you get the 18 million population figure for Lagos from?
Plucked from the air somewhere
FYI and others who may be deceived by such outrageous population figures, in the 2006 census Lagos has 9,113,605 behind Kano state with 9,401,288 while Akwa Ibom state has 3,902,051.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Nigerian_states_by_population

Has there been any other census since then?
Is there any chance we can stick to VERIFIABLE FACTS when we discuss

1 Like

Re: Poor Road Network At Iyana Ejigbo by Nobody: 9:32am On Aug 19, 2013
berem: Yes it's under construction though at a slow pace.

I am still marvelled at the good network of roads in Owerri and its environs. I haven't been to owerri since 2009. grin Just came back from a trip to owerri and i can say that Rochas is doing a fantastic job. cool

What's all the billboards i see in owerri about Rochas? The funniest bill board i saw was at Imo Concord Hotel Junction which had Rochas wearing a school uniform. grin. My Governor na real clown!! grin

Sorry No pictures! cry
Sis mi, you should have taken some pictures nah, i would be in owerri by December and i hope to see things myself. Thanks for the update.

Btw wetin you bring come for me nah
Re: Poor Road Network At Iyana Ejigbo by Nobody: 9:42am On Aug 19, 2013
Obiagelli:
Sis mi, you should have taken some pictures nah, i would be in owerri by December and i hope to see things myself. Thanks for the update.

Sadly,i couldnt take pictures. my bad. cry

Lol! i didn't bring anything for you. I just bought ukwa, ugba,ogiri and palm oil for myself. sorry no vex. grin
Re: Poor Road Network At Iyana Ejigbo by Nobody: 9:46am On Aug 19, 2013
berem: Lol! i didn't bring anything for you. I just bought ukwa, ugba,ogiri and palm oil for myself. sorry no vex. grin
Choi fresh palm oil cool
Re: Poor Road Network At Iyana Ejigbo by canalily(m): 11:33am On Aug 19, 2013
Obiagelli:

Ar u Obiagelli Aso of AIT undecided Huhm?
Re: Poor Road Network At Iyana Ejigbo by eio2013: 11:35am On Aug 19, 2013
Thumbs up man. Lagos has d highest debt in Nigeria and nobody sees anything wrong with it. No meaningful development that affects d life of average lagosians except planting flowers.
FASHOLA IS WORKING, LAGOS IS SUFFERING.... sad

Ngwakwe: Fashola is only better than T. A. Orji marginally when compared with 35 State governors in Nigeria.

Having access to loan is not called good governance.

When GEJ borrows, he is mortgaging Nigeria while Fashola borrowing is credited as good governance.

Re: Poor Road Network At Iyana Ejigbo by ba7man(m): 11:44am On Aug 19, 2013
anonimi: @ba7man,

Now I see that it was your comprehension problem that led you to conclude that I said what I clearly did not say but you wrongly concluded that I implied.
How does stating a fact that Lagos has been federal capital for some 100 years with INFRASCTRUCTURE developed with Niger Delta oil revenue compared to Akwa Ibom starting from SCRATCH imply that state is HARDER to govern?
Is it that you have REDUCED governance to simply the establishment of infrastructures
Don't you think that is not only elementary but also totally misleading?

BTW, where did you get the 18 million population figure for Lagos from?
Plucked from the air somewhere
FYI and others who may be deceived by such outrageous population figures, in the 2006 census Lagos has 9,113,605 behind Kano state with 9,401,288 while Akwa Ibom state has 3,902,051.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Nigerian_states_by_population

Has there been any other census since then?
Is there any chance we can stick to VERIFIABLE FACTS when we discuss
Don't tell me you believe those bogus census figures provided by the FG. Are you a learner?? Who doesn't know they normally downplay the population in the south?? I guess you're one of the last people left that believe this.

The LASG even currently projected the population at 21 million so I'm being modest by saying 18 million. The parallel census conducted by the LASG in 2006 reported 17.5 million but i know you'll dodge that link and go pick up the one that suits you view.

With the way you rave and rant about LASG, it seems you think its child's play governing Lagos/ using Akwa-Ibom as comparism that its starting from scratch is now supposed to imply what now??

Of course anybody that knows you would know that you're trying to say Lagos State should have it easier than Akwa-Ibom due to its past position as Federal capital......And for your information, lagos has been developed before oil was discovered in Nigeria.
Re: Poor Road Network At Iyana Ejigbo by tsomething: 12:17pm On Aug 19, 2013
ba7man: Don't tell me you believe those bogus census figures provided by the FG. Are you a learner?? Who doesn't know they normally downplay the population in the south?? I guess you're one of the last people left that believe this.

The LASG even projected the population at 21 million so I'm being modest by saying 18 million.

With the way you rave and rant about LASG, it seems you think its child's play governing Lagos/ using Akwa-Ibom as comparism that its starting from scratch is now supposed to imply what now??

Of course anybody that knows you would know that you're trying to say Lagos State should have it easier than Akwa-Ibom due to its past position as Federal capital.

My brother you are still yet to answer my questions ? How has population prevented Fashola from constructing the said road after 6 years? How has population prevented Fashola from renovating the public schools in Lagos? If population didn't stop him from increasing the school fees of LASU from 25K to 250K, population shouldn't be a problem improving the quality of education there.

My brother settle down at think about this seriously! Money also can not also be a problem, because Fashola makes over 20 billion MONTHLY, and still owes 610 billion ! So can you point out infrastructures in Lagos which are worth these amounts?

1 Like

Re: Poor Road Network At Iyana Ejigbo by anonimi: 12:46pm On Aug 19, 2013
ba7man: Don't tell me you believe those bogus census figures provided by the FG. Are you a learner?? Who doesn't know they normally downplay the population in the south?? I guess you're one of the last people left that believe this.

The LASG even currently projected the population at 21 million so I'm being modest by saying 18 million. The parallel census conducted by the LASG in 2006 reported 17.5 million but i know you'll dodge that link and go pick up the one that suits you view.

Hope you don't mind providing us details of "The parallel census conducted by the LASG in 2006 reported 17.5 million but i know you'll dodge that link".
Thanks in advance.
Re: Poor Road Network At Iyana Ejigbo by teskyg: 1:14pm On Aug 19, 2013
Front page Mode.If its a post on GEJ or Patience,it would have made the front page.
Re: Poor Road Network At Iyana Ejigbo by ocelot2006(m): 3:24pm On Aug 19, 2013
t-something:

Again as always you're speaking rubbish ! How many years will it take to complete a few KM of road, not even a dual carriage way! Even if they were to be working at night alone they would have completed it since!

Aka road to Nung Udoe road in uyo is a major road people use in going to Eket which is the oil city, hence you will appreciate it's importance was completed in less than the target 18 months, (Arc Nemadi Sambo testified to this since he was the one that did the ground breaking and final commissioning). The road is a 23km world class dual carriage way complete with street lights, covered drains , walkways and even landscaped lawns on each side of the road. And guess what, not only is it toll free but it was constructed by the Chinese.

To show you that isn't a rare feat, just March this year, Julius Berger started the construction of Uyo - Ikot ekpene highway and this is a major road because not only is it the gateway into Uyo , it links Ikot Ekpene with the capital city. Its about 45Km and of course a dual carriage way to world class standard because that's what Akwa Ibomites are now used to. As I speak to today, one lane has been completed for over 60 percent of the journey and the target completion is still 2014. And this a FG road done quietly without blackmailing the FG

Early this year when Akpabio attended 2face traditional marriage he was disappointted about the Eket - Ibeno road and jokingly promised to transform it before 2face returns to dedicate his new child . As a promise keeper , he immediately wrestled the project from NDDC and contracted it to our Chinese friends, so with that you can go to sleep waking up to see a world class road.

You guys just sit in Lagos and worship this Fashola like an idol and believe any rubbish excuses he gives to you guys for his incompetentence. Yea, you heard me well, I said incompetence!

How else do you explain this! Lagos owes over 610 billion , takes decades to complete few KM of roads , or any other infrastructure for that matter , enjoys so much support from private firms in Lagos, yet still collect tolls and heavy taxes from this huge population of Lagosians.

Akwa Ibom owes just 80 billion , has completed more KM of world class roads in 6 years, than the last 14years of Lagos , renovated and equipped more schools and hospitals than your Lagos , built and completed an airport, is building a seaport, building a world class stadium, completed a modern flood control project (the pipe jacking system - 1st of its kind in Africa )yet the roads are toll free , education is free even for non-indigenes (unlike some who deport Nigerians), he even stole money to buy a jet.

Before you shout oil money , note Akwa Ibom budget is 470billion , Lagos is 499billion, meaning Lagos still has more money to spend than Akwa Ibom.

I recommend you travel out of this your glorious Lagos and see how others are building world class cities quietly

Mbok tell them oh grin . Bros, you even forgot to mention the new Abak-Uyo road by Julius Berger that bypasses Abak into Oku-Abak and on to Ikot Abasi/Port Harcourt. Apart from the brridge at the end of the road whose construction is complete, the road's now fully in use with cables being drawn by Julius Berger for its streetlights. This is why I tell these clown to travel outside the boundaries of their beloved Lagos and see what's happening in other states, particularly Akwa Ibom. In short, forget Uyo, just take a trip to Calabar, Cross River state, and let's see if you won't plan to relocate immediately.

2 Likes

Re: Poor Road Network At Iyana Ejigbo by BabaOnileK: 6:51pm On Sep 13, 2013
@OP, the link bridge between Oke-Afa and Ajao estate is also completed. This would reduce traffic on the Isolo-Pako-Jakande axis.[img][/img

Re: Poor Road Network At Iyana Ejigbo by BabaOnileK: 6:51pm On Sep 13, 2013
@OP, the link bridge between Oke-Afa and Ajao estate is also completed. This would reduce traffic on the Isolo-Pako-Jakande axis.[img][/img][img][/img]

Re: Poor Road Network At Iyana Ejigbo by BabaOnileK: 6:59pm On Sep 13, 2013
more coming

Re: Poor Road Network At Iyana Ejigbo by BabaOnileK: 7:03pm On Sep 13, 2013
another shot

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ancient Map Of Africa (photos) / ISWAP Attacks Askira Uba, Borno Deputy Speaker’s Hometown / Gay Nigerian Asylum Seeker Faces Deportation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.