Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,488 members, 7,830,456 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:37 PM

Poor Road Network At Iyana Ejigbo - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Poor Road Network At Iyana Ejigbo (11149 Views)

Ige Street At Iyana Ipaja Flooded After Rains / Soldier Beats Up BRT Driver At Iyana Ipaja Today (photos) / Fashola Inaugurates 13km Road Network In Alimosho (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Poor Road Network At Iyana Ejigbo by Boss13: 7:34pm On Aug 17, 2013
I no know book:

Great. Now show us the pictures of the inner city roads. Inner cities like Ejigbo, mushin, ajangbadi, ogba, aguda-surulere, iyana ipaja, oshodi, oworonshoki, lawanson etc, roads being used by poor people day in day out.

What do you mean by poor people. Please change that word to regular people.

There is no drainage in ikoyi and a suspended bridge was built (that does not even alleviate the traffic problem). The drainage in V.I is also in poor state. However, some people are here to deceive many. Do they go out at all?

1 Like

Re: Poor Road Network At Iyana Ejigbo by dossantos1: 7:36pm On Aug 17, 2013
Boss13:

I think there is something wrong with your remark above. For me there is nothing to hate about Fashola nor for anyone too. He is my governor and I believe I demand to know why certain things are not working. I also believe in terms of performance it is wrong to term him as the best. I have been priviledge to travel to many cities in the country. Also, you do not have a performance measurement index to use. I think Business Day is trying to do something like an award. Hopefully we will get to know. All we ask for are projects to solve the basic issues bothering we Lagos residents and not projects that add to the issues.

Let's forget about Abuja, please visit Uyo to see for yourself what social infrastructure is.

dnt get me wrong! i'm not saying evrybody that speak against fashola is an hater. yes he needs to do more on the interior roads. like i said earlier LASG have more interior roads than any other sstate in nigeria. some states only have interior roads in the state capital while other local govts have just FG rd cutting through them with one or two state roads.
Fashola needs to do more, and also needs to challenge & task the contractors handling the projects to deliver on time. its annoying seeing our rds in deplorable state
Re: Poor Road Network At Iyana Ejigbo by Boss13: 7:44pm On Aug 17, 2013
If you include the internal roads then the situation is to bring Fashola for some trashing on his bum. Local govts are responsible for those internal roads but you know local govts are dead in this country because the state govts do not know their priorities.

I have mentioned it in a previous thread, state govts have no business with roads but because we have public office holders who want to put up a show, they build a small road they rush to the press shouting dividends of democracy.

1 Like

Re: Poor Road Network At Iyana Ejigbo by karlmax2: 8:23pm On Aug 17, 2013
Boss13:

There is no drainage in ikoyi and a suspended bridge was built (that does not even alleviate the traffic problem). The drainage in V.I is also in poor state. However, some people are here to deceive many. Do they go out at all?
nice write up but that bridge is not a suspended bridge.i go through that bridge almost everyday is another lagos state propoganda if that bridge is suspended,then 3rd mainland bridge is also supended too.

1 Like

Re: Poor Road Network At Iyana Ejigbo by 735i(m): 9:03pm On Aug 17, 2013
My parents stay at Ejigbo... i have not been there to see them for a while because that road is a death trap. I once spent 2 hours just from NNPC to Iyana Ejigbo when it rained. The road is a death trap and needs immediate attention. All this Fashola is performing crap should be put aside and the issue; trashed!

The roads are bad The roads have collapsed in Ejigbo!!

3 Likes

Re: Poor Road Network At Iyana Ejigbo by mbhs139(m): 9:47pm On Aug 17, 2013
deeptesting: I am happy someone has brought the attention of Nigerians to the deplorable state of roads in Alimosho Local Government Area..The submission of the reporter is nothing but a perfect condition of the people living in that area,the worst case scenario is your attempt to connect Cele Bus Stop from Ikotun in the morning..It is not just about the award of contracts on paper and some shallow minds will be celebrating; it is about the completion of such projects within a reasonable time to alleviate the suffering of the people..This is the same issue with the Buknor-Ijegun road been handled by HI-TECH or HI-ALOMO,which has been under construction for over 6 years without any visible progress..BRF should come to the aid of these communities and award contracts to competent contractors and not charlatans.

At the bolded above is not true! Yes, it is not because you make it sound as if Alimosho is a deliberately forgotten and forsaken LG by the present administration!

First and foremost, let me tell you that in as much as it is being stated everywhere that Governor Babatunde Raji Fashola is working, let it interest you that I, as one of his ardent supporters, also recognizes the fact that there some areas and places that more effort is still needed to be channeled to. The over 4,600 roads (provided that figure is right by my reconing can not be fixed in one swoop, giving the fact that there are other pressing and demanding issues government need to attend to within the limited resources. These includes health and education.

Be that as it may, and back to your erroneous assertion that all the roads in Alimosho are bad, please I beg you pardon an ask you to stand to be corrected, since it appears to you Iyana Ejigbo, which the poster mischievously said was
between Cele-Express and Ikotun, but which is actually between Jakande Gate and Ile-Epo bus stop on your way to Egbe, is not the only road in Alimosho. As a matter of fact, it is one of the numerous which is still under construction.

Have you, by chance driven from, let's say, Dopemu (because I assume that's where Alimosho starts from) to this same Iyana-Ejigbo, en route Ikotun-Egbe, and see what the roads are like in these areas? Please try to do so for you to see that your claim below

deeptesting: the deplorable state of roads in Alimosho Local Government Area
is not true.

Let me conclude by saying that it is not the state's responsibility to fix your inner roads. Please contact your LCDA or LG chairman.
Re: Poor Road Network At Iyana Ejigbo by mbhs139(m): 9:52pm On Aug 17, 2013
Boss13:

You don come with your hatred for Fash again. I know you very well, no be you?
Re: Poor Road Network At Iyana Ejigbo by drdams: 9:53pm On Aug 17, 2013
Learner, If u dnt know ask, d road is fvcked, tiny, narrow, spoilt, gallop..
Tinube completed d construction of Igando - Ikotun, it was perfect..
He xpanded lasu - isheri..
Nw i wonda y ikotu - cele is left in d lurch...
If u know synaguoge church, u will know d route es talking about.
Brt ply d road bt no brt lane or brt bustops..
I bet u, u can spend an hour jst in Iyana Ejigbo and Isolo Estate gate especially in d morning...
Alimosho is d largest local govt. In lagos.. Aw on earth wud u say dat road which is 1 of d major road in dat province isnt in Lag.
Afam4eva:
It can't be in Lagos. Fashola has fixed all the roads in Lagos. He's perfect. The Ogun state government should do the needful.
Re: Poor Road Network At Iyana Ejigbo by drdams: 9:59pm On Aug 17, 2013
Its funny wen some pple call dis road Inner road.. A road plying from Ikotun to faraway cele ( longer dan ikotun to iyana ipaja o!!)

d prob is, if dey mst work on dat road, der wud b many casualty..
Hmm.. D massive edifice erected by T.B josh go first go n some manny oda buildings dat projects closely to d road side..
D road is jst nt a wide as it shud b n dats d major prob..

Nw u av to squat is sm1s house n go hme every wkend cos u mite get sacked for late coming as a result of d pathetic state of d road.
Re: Poor Road Network At Iyana Ejigbo by teskyg: 10:04pm On Aug 17, 2013
The post is not meant to bring Oga Fash attention to the deporable road condition.We all know he is trying to fix Lagos.
Re: Poor Road Network At Iyana Ejigbo by deeptesting(m): 10:10pm On Aug 17, 2013
mbhs139:

At the bolded above is not true! Yes, it is not because you make it sound as if Alimosho is a deliberately forgotten and forsaken LG by the present administration!

First and foremost, let me tell you that in as much as it is being stated everywhere that Governor Babatunde Raji Fashola is working, let it interest you that I, as one of his ardent supporters, also recognizes the fact that there some areas and places that more effort is still needed to be channeled to. The over 4,600 roads (provided that figure is right by my reconing can not be fixed in one swoop, giving the fact that there are other pressing and demanding issues government need to attend to within the limited resources. These includes health and education.

Be that as it may, and back to your erroneous assertion that all the roads in Alimosho are bad, please I beg you pardon an ask you to stand to be corrected, since it appears to you Iyana Ejigbo, which the poster mischievously said was
between Cele-Express and Ikotun, but which is actually between Jakande Gate and Ile-Epo bus stop on your way to Egbe, is not the only road in Alimosho. As a matter of fact, it is one of the numerous which is still under construction.

Have you, by chance driven from, let's say, Dopemu (because I assume that's where Alimosho starts from) to this same Iyana-Ejigbo, en route Ikotun-Egbe, and see what the roads are like in these areas? Please try to do so for you to see that your claim below

is not true.

Let me conclude by saying that it is not the state's responsibility to fix your inner roads. Please contact your LCDA or LG chairman.

Which LCDA or LG chairman do you want me to contact? Is't the local government that Lagos State has vehemently opposed its autonomy in the ongoing constitutional amendment by NASS because of their selfish interest of diverting funds meant for Local Government? I will begin to hold my LG responsible when they have total autonomy to perform their constitutional duties and not when they are tied to the apron string of the State Government...Please I have always emphasis on the Jakande Estate,Bucknor-Ijegun road which has been under construction for over 6 yrs...How do you connect to this community from Cele Bus Stop when Iyana-Ejigbo road to Ikotun and Jakande-Estate,Bucknor-Ijegun road are in a deplorable state? The truth is that this community is been neglected by LASG.

1 Like

Re: Poor Road Network At Iyana Ejigbo by drdams: 10:16pm On Aug 17, 2013
Infact , really really neglected.. I do more of d visiting cos most of my visitors r always pissed..

I still repeat! Pastor T.B Joshua is 1 of d Factors militating against d widining of d road.
D annoying tin nw is dat he is even increasing d height of his tower instead of tinking of aw e wil break and re structure d frontage..
He must av bribe d govt. Cos dat edifice is jst too massive 2 b broken down. Perhaps , dey wud build an over head bridge wen construction gets toward wher his church is...
deeptesting:

Which LCDA or LG chairman do you want me to contact? Is't the local government that Lagos State has vehemently opposed its autonomy in the ongoing constitutional amendment by NASS because of their selfish interest of diverting funds meant for Local Government? I will begin to hold my LG responsible when they have total autonomy to perform their constitutional duties and not when they are tied to the apron string of the State Government...Please I have always emphasis on the Jakande Estate,Bucknor-Ijegun road which has been under construction for over 6 yrs...How do you connect to this community from Cele Bus Stop when Iyana-Ejigbo road to Ikotun and Jakande-Estate,Bucknor-Ijegun road are in a deplorable state? The truth is that this community is been neglected by LASG.
Re: Poor Road Network At Iyana Ejigbo by deeptesting(m): 10:36pm On Aug 17, 2013
dr dams: Infact , really really neglected.. I do more of d visiting cos most of my visitors r always pissed..

I still repeat! Pastor T.B Joshua is 1 of d Factors militating against d widining of d road.
D annoying tin nw is dat he is even increasing d height of his tower instead of tinking of aw e wil break and re structure d frontage..
He must av bribe d govt. Cos dat edifice is jst too massive 2 b broken down. Perhaps , dey wud build an over head bridge wen construction gets toward wher his church is...

I disagree with you on the case of Synagogue church...The question is:
1. Who gave them the building approval for such a massive church along such a minuscule road?
Answer: Lagos State Government..

If the church has been built wrongly as against the original building plan of the State Government then the LASG has to move into action, if they can lock up an ex-governor house for not paying land use charge, what stops them from demolition a church that is built against its approved plan?

1 Like

Re: Poor Road Network At Iyana Ejigbo by drdams: 11:01pm On Aug 17, 2013
Things change my bro/sis. Govt. Are no gods! Even if e was given an approved plan, d fact remains dat d govt. den were myopic not 2 forsee dis highway trauma we r xperiencing..
Same govt dat gave him plan has d right to take it anytime as far its for d betterment of d major populace.
D land use charge and c/o supports d power of d govt. on dis..
N d fact still remains dat d Man of God mst av seen dis coming, thus needed steps must b going underG for im nt to fall victim.
deeptesting:

I disagree with you on the case of Synagogue church...The question is:
1. Who gave them the building approval for such a massive church along such a minuscule road?
Answer: Lagos State Government..

If the church has been built wrongly as against the original building plan of the State Government then the LASG has to move into action, if they can lock up an ex-governor house for not paying land use charge, what stops them from demolition a church that is built against its approved plan?
Re: Poor Road Network At Iyana Ejigbo by Ninilowo(m): 11:47pm On Aug 17, 2013
tareigns: @op...Hw dat 1 use take concern us? Shey dem tell u say fashola na nairalander?
I wonder oooo.
Re: Poor Road Network At Iyana Ejigbo by damoobaba: 2:38am On Aug 18, 2013
t-something:

So anyone who now says anything negative about saint Fashola is an Ibo man. Look how myopic and tribalistic you are.

For your information, am from Akwa Ibom state and proudly resident in uyo. It's known everywhere that you can't compare quality of roads is Akwa Ibom to anywhere in your village . Even my street has better roads and street lights compared to the road leading to your government house (K-Line , Ewet Housing Estate , uyo). The address is for you to confirm what I just stated.

If I brag about my government, its because I personally can enjoy its dividends. I don't need to go about looking for beautiful pictures to use and brag on the internet . I still challenge Eko Ile (or whatever the buttlicker chooses to answer ) if he can proudly post pictures of his street so that we can appreciate how Fashola has performed there!

You are just a fool blinded by bigotry.what is the population of uyo compared to that of Lagos? And do u kno dat despite d population and movement of people,d contractors must deliver their projects within d stipulated period?Lagos is a conurbation,which means government MUST be working in evry part of the state and which they r trying very hard to do.If u are not satisfied with the level of commitment the LASG is showing right now,am assuring you there is something wrong with u upstairs.if u want to criticise,do it with ur brains intact and supported with obvious facts nt with ibo (wayo/cheat) feelings.
Re: Poor Road Network At Iyana Ejigbo by damoobaba: 2:50am On Aug 18, 2013
texazzpete: I'm not an Igbo man, before you Fashola voltrons jump on me, but the state of the roads in Ejigbo is just totally dreadful.

It is telling that the guy posting pictures here is putting up pictures of busy expressways, bridges and top tier intersections. When you drill into the real lagos, the inner roads, the Ejigbos of this world, you'll see how these areas are starved of attention by the State Government.

My in-laws live in Ejigbo and I can tell you the nightmarish time I have everytime I have to visit. I won't even talk of the abysmal state of the roads near TB Joshua's Synagogue church.

From what i've heard, the Local Government chairman in that area loves to develop the roads on paper while living in luxury in far better areas of Lagos. Fashola et al cannot claim to be unaware of this.

The 'fashola cannot do everything at once' excuse is utter rubbish. 5+ years into his tenure...Taxpayers live in those areas too.
Am glad u said the LG chairmen should also do the needful.Even in other performing states,most governors focus their attention on state roads and facilities but Fashola has to catter for Federal roads,state and even LG Rds.Most,if not all Federal Roads in lagos have been taken care of by the BRF administration.Pls let people criticise positively and stop being biased so dat we can actually know what Fashola can improve on.Am sorry,I've just stopped taking Ibo peeps serious,their level of never-see-good in other people baffle me beyond explanation.
Re: Poor Road Network At Iyana Ejigbo by ba7man(m): 2:56am On Aug 18, 2013
damoobaba:
You are just a fool blinded by bigotry.what is the population of uyo compared to that of Lagos? And do u kno dat despite d population and movement of people,d contractors must deliver their projects within d stipulated period?Lagos is a conurbation,which means government MUST be working in evry part of the state and which they r trying very hard to do.If u are not satisfied with the level of commitment the LASG is showing right now,am assuring you there is something wrong with u upstairs.if u want to criticise,do it with ur brains intact and supported with obvious facts nt with ibo (wayo/cheat) feelings.
That same tiny, sparsely populated Uyo?? You pour that type of monthly allocation which they receive into it and nobody should expect less....infact, more is expected sef. That State can fund a project similar to the Eko Atlantic City without stress.

True the infrastructure is good tho and it will come in handy in the future but the work to be done there is miniscule compared to Lagos that almost everywhere is occupied. To work in Lagos, you have to destroy, cause unavoidable pain on commuters, relocate some people......but Akwa-Ibom, just enter bush, clear and start building.

@Topic. Fashola should fix the road so that they'll be one less road for these people to castigate him on. Meanwhile its still foot-paths that criss-cross the equivalent locations in their home states.

They expect Fashola to fix the thousands of roads in Lagos at the same time......meanwhile they'll be comparing it to one location that barely has a hundred. Very "intelligent" of them.
Re: Poor Road Network At Iyana Ejigbo by malc619(m): 2:59am On Aug 18, 2013
t-something:

So anyone who now says anything negative about saint Fashola is an Ibo man. Look how myopic and tribalistic you are.

For your information, am from Akwa Ibom state and proudly resident in uyo. It's known everywhere that you can't compare quality of roads is Akwa Ibom to anywhere in your village . Even my street has better roads and street lights compared to the road leading to your government house (K-Line , Ewet Housing Estate , uyo). The address is for you to confirm what I just stated.

If I brag about my government, its because I personally can enjoy its dividends. I don't need to go about looking for beautiful pictures to use and brag on the internet . I still challenge Eko Ile (or whatever the buttlicker chooses to answer ) if he can proudly post pictures of his street so that we can appreciate how Fashola has performed there!

Olodo Akpan like you...

Can you compare the population of your village state with that of Lagos?? Developing a Village state is very easy compared to developing a state already overcrowded by Akpans, Ubongs, Musas, Chinedus, Ejiros, Osahons and Adas...

grin

1 Like

Re: Poor Road Network At Iyana Ejigbo by ba7man(m): 3:07am On Aug 18, 2013
malc619:

Olodo Akpan like you...

Can you compare the population of your village state with that of Lagos?? Developing a Village state is very easy compared to developing a state already overcrowded by Akpans, Ubongs, Musas, Chinedus, Ejiros, Osahons and Adas...

grin
Seriously, I now use the above senario to judge people's intelligence on this forum.

People that point out Lagos State's monthly allocation as an advantage without factoring in Population, social problems, congestion, environmental degredation and very Large urban sprawl......probably the largest and most chaotic in Africa sef.
Re: Poor Road Network At Iyana Ejigbo by OlowoB(m): 4:55am On Aug 18, 2013
teskyg: Fashola for President.
. Yeah right. Fashola 4 president
Re: Poor Road Network At Iyana Ejigbo by Boss13: 7:46am On Aug 18, 2013
Someone mentioned that I hate Fashola. Please for the record, I do not hate him. Someone else mentioned about factoring the population of Lagos in Federal revenue allocation. However, I refuse to buy that nonsense. Lagos state, apart from federal allocation, is the state with the best transform internal revenue commission that other state are taking a cue from, ask Edo state.

Others confuse Eko-Atlantic to a social development by the Govt. Please it shows how we mistake other projects carried out by private individuals for state projects. Eko Atlantic is a solely owned private project by rich estate moguls and designed for the super rich. The state govt gave their blessing and are not contributing anything.

We truly need to understand where and how monies are channelled towards providing infrastructure. If you say resources are scarce - yes- but what are you doing with the scarce resources at your disposal.

For me I will score Fashola below par. His govt is being skewed towards secrecy and his affairs are not made open for public scrunity. That is not how to run a govt and that is not leadership.

2 Likes

Re: Poor Road Network At Iyana Ejigbo by BrokenTV: 8:32am On Aug 18, 2013
[quote author=seanet02]
Your satire is not relevant.
Fashola has (and is still) trying his best. Rome was not built in one day
thank God you remember that Rome was not building in one day but you keep insinuating that Gej is not working when he have spent only 2 years in office, why fashola spent up to six years.

1 Like

Re: Poor Road Network At Iyana Ejigbo by anulaxad(m): 11:48am On Aug 18, 2013
t-something:

Can you sincerely say the road to your house looks anything like what you have posted? Can't you see how foolish you are?

You go about taking beautiful pictures so as to praise your master and force people to see him as the best governor on earth , yet you can't post the pictures of your own street where you live because you are ashamed of it. You go about posting pictures of water works , yet you depend on mei-ruwa for water. Bloody shameless hypocrite.

Someone who is suffering from bad road is putting up this article , so as to attract the attention of your elitist governor , and your here barking him down! Are you this shallow? Don't you have conscience?

Where have you been this whole time.

You speak of truth.
Re: Poor Road Network At Iyana Ejigbo by tsomething: 12:58pm On Aug 18, 2013
damoobaba:

Again as always you're speaking rubbish ! How many years will it take to complete a few KM of road, not even a dual carriage way! Even if they were to be working at night alone they would have completed it since!

Aka road to Nung Udoe road in uyo is a major road people use in going to Eket which is the oil city, hence you will appreciate it's importance was completed in less than the target 18 months, (Arc Nemadi Sambo testified to this since he was the one that did the ground breaking and final commissioning). The road is a 23km world class dual carriage way complete with street lights, covered drains , walkways and even landscaped lawns on each side of the road. And guess what, not only is it toll free but it was constructed by the Chinese.

To show you that isn't a rare feat, just March this year, Julius Berger started the construction of Uyo - Ikot ekpene highway and this is a major road because not only is it the gateway into Uyo , it links Ikot Ekpene with the capital city. Its about 45Km and of course a dual carriage way to world class standard because that's what Akwa Ibomites are now used to. As I speak to today, one lane has been completed for over 60 percent of the journey and the target completion is still 2014. And this a FG road done quietly without blackmailing the FG

Early this year when Akpabio attended 2face traditional marriage he was disappointted about the Eket - Ibeno road and jokingly promised to transform it before 2face returns to dedicate his new child . As a promise keeper , he immediately wrestled the project from NDDC and contracted it to our Chinese friends, so with that you can go to sleep waking up to see a world class road.

You guys just sit in Lagos and worship this Fashola like an idol and believe any rubbish excuses he gives to you guys for his incompetentence. Yea, you heard me well, I said incompetence!

How else do you explain this! Lagos owes over 610 billion , takes decades to complete few KM of roads , or any other infrastructure for that matter , enjoys so much support from private firms in Lagos, yet still collect tolls and heavy taxes from this huge population of Lagosians.

Akwa Ibom owes just 80 billion , has completed more KM of world class roads in 6 years, than the last 14years of Lagos , renovated and equipped more schools and hospitals than your Lagos , built and completed an airport, is building a seaport, building a world class stadium, completed a modern flood control project (the pipe jacking system - 1st of its kind in Africa )yet the roads are toll free , education is free even for non-indigenes (unlike some who deport Nigerians), he even stole money to buy a jet.

Before you shout oil money , note Akwa Ibom budget is 470billion , Lagos is 499billion, meaning Lagos still has more money to spend than Akwa Ibom.

I recommend you travel out of this your glorious Lagos and see how others are building world class cities quietly

5 Likes

Re: Poor Road Network At Iyana Ejigbo by fedimol: 3:45pm On Aug 18, 2013
Afam4eva:
It can't be in Lagos. Fashola has fixed all the roads in Lagos. He's perfect. The Ogun state government should do the needful.

Speak for yourself, I live in that region and I can tell you authoritatively that that road is one of the worst in the South of Nigeria!
Re: Poor Road Network At Iyana Ejigbo by Boss13: 6:24pm On Aug 18, 2013
@t-something I have been to Uyo and I can confirm that the roads are world-class.

Akpabio is doing a good job. However, he needs to re-distribute the wealth and improve the quality of lives of akwa-ibomites.

Lagos is the most dirtiest city and the most disorganized city in the country. It has been ranked as one of the unsecured city to live in by an international journal. So there is little sense for people to say Fashola is the best governor with the chaos in the state.

Fashola deserves more criticism than praises so that he can work harder.

1 Like

Re: Poor Road Network At Iyana Ejigbo by teskyg: 9:13pm On Aug 18, 2013
Front page mod
Re: Poor Road Network At Iyana Ejigbo by ba7man(m): 9:29pm On Aug 18, 2013
t-something:

Aka road to Nung Udoe road in uyo is a major road people use in going to Eket which is the oil city, hence you will appreciate it's importance was completed in less than the target 18 months, (Arc Nemadi Sambo testified to this since he was the one that did the ground breaking and final commissioning). The road is a 23km world class dual carriage way complete with street lights, covered drains , walkways and even landscaped lawns on each side of the road. And guess what, not only is it toll free but it was constructed by the Chinese.

To show you that isn't a rare feat, just March this year, Julius Berger started the construction of Uyo - Ikot ekpene highway and this is a major road because not only is it the gateway into Uyo , it links Ikot Ekpene with the capital city. Its about 45Km and of course a dual carriage way to world class standard because that's what Akwa Ibomites are now used to. As I speak to today, one lane has been completed for over 60 percent of the journey and the target completion is still 2014. And this a FG road done quietly without blackmailing the FG

Early this year when Akpabio attended 2face traditional marriage he was disappointted about the Eket - Ibeno road and jokingly promised to transform it before 2face returns to dedicate his new child . As a promise keeper , he immediately wrestled the project from NDDC and contracted it to our Chinese friends, so with that you can go to sleep waking up to see a world class road.

You guys just sit in Lagos and worship this Fashola like an idol and believe any rubbish excuses he gives to you guys for his incompetentence. Yea, you heard me well, I said incompetence!

How else do you explain this! Lagos owes over 610 billion , takes decades to complete few KM of roads , or any other infrastructure for that matter , enjoys so much support from private firms in Lagos, yet still collect tolls and heavy taxes from this huge population of Lagosians.

Akwa Ibom owes just 80 billion , has completed more KM of world class roads in 6 years, than the last 14years of Lagos , renovated and equipped more schools and hospitals than your Lagos , built and completed an airport, is building a seaport, building a world class stadium, completed a modern flood control project (the pipe jacking system - 1st of its kind in Africa )yet the roads are toll free , education is free even for non-indigenes (unlike some who deport Nigerians), he even stole money to buy a jet.

Before you shout oil money , note Akwa Ibom budget is 470billion , Lagos is 499billion, meaning Lagos still has more money to spend than Akwa Ibom.

I recommend you travel out of this your glorious Lagos and see how others are building world class cities quietly

Can you compare the population of the sleepy state with that of Lagos?? Developing a Village state is very easy compared to developing a state already overcrowded

Seriously, I now use the above senario to judge people's intelligence on this forum.

People that point out Lagos State's monthly allocation as an advantage without factoring in Population, social problems, congestion, environmental degredation and very Large urban sprawl......probably the largest and most chaotic in Africa sef.
Re: Poor Road Network At Iyana Ejigbo by ba7man(m): 9:44pm On Aug 18, 2013
The same tiny, sparsely populated Uyo?? You pour that type of monthly allocation which they receive into it and nobody should expect less....infact, more is expected sef. That State can fund a project similar to the Eko Atlantic City without stress.

True the infrastructure is good tho and it will come in handy in the future but the work to be done there is miniscule compared to Lagos that almost everywhere is occupied. To work in Lagos, you have to destroy, cause unavoidable pain on commuters, businesses, relocate people, deal with people milkin the situation for political gains, organize publicity in the media to inform people of the benefits of the project......but Akwa-Ibom, just enter bush, clear and start building.

Something Important is Still missing in the "World Class City" being built. Why is no one flocking there yet??

If that isn't adressed, its those Keke-Marwa i normally see plying those roads and those rural looking buildings by the "World class roads" that will continue being there.
Re: Poor Road Network At Iyana Ejigbo by Nobody: 9:58pm On Aug 18, 2013
Obiagelli: But this road is presently under construction
Yes it's under construction though at a slow pace.

I am still marvelled at the good network of roads in Owerri and its environs. I haven't been to owerri since 2009. grin Just came back from a trip to owerri and i can say that Rochas is doing a fantastic job. cool

What's all the billboards i see in owerri about Rochas? The funniest bill board i saw was at Imo Concord Hotel Junction which had Rochas wearing a school uniform. grin. My Governor na real clown!! grin

Sorry No pictures! cry
Re: Poor Road Network At Iyana Ejigbo by tsomething: 9:58pm On Aug 18, 2013
ba7man:

Can you compare the population of the sleepy state with that of Lagos?? Developing a Village state is very easy compared to developing a state already overcrowded

You guys always use this population story as an excuse for his failures. Cairo is an African city more populated than Lagos state yet they have everything working .

Lagos state is what it is in terms of economy due to its huge population , else without that, it won't be any attractive than Ekiti. If you enjoy the financial benefits of a huge population, you should also be man enough to confront her challenges. So stop complaining about population.

By the way, what has population got to do with fixing a few Km of local road? Is Fashola feeding 18 million Lagosians with the money? How many Lagosians attend his public schools? How many Lagosians does he treat free or even at subsidized rate? Even the few roads he built he collects tolls on them, so in essence due to the large population you're complaining about , Fashola is able to recoup all the money spent in constructing the roads with profits.

So stop spinning that population excuse ! The HUGE POPULATION IS A PLUS TO LAGOS!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Reps Reject N305/dollar Exchange Rate For Budget / Emir Of Bungudu, Hassan Attahiru, Still With Kidnappers Despite N20m Ransom / Muhammadu Inuwa Yahaya Gets Surprise Birthday Treat At SEC Meeting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 134
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.