Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,394 members, 7,815,844 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:20 PM

The Roman Catholic Church Named Their Telescope Lucifer - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Roman Catholic Church Named Their Telescope Lucifer (4222 Views)

A List Of False Teachings In The Roman Catholic Church / Islam Created By The Roman Catholic / Idol Worship In The Roman Catholic Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Roman Catholic Church Named Their Telescope Lucifer by chiedu7: 4:14pm On Aug 16, 2013
The Vatican owns a telescope named LUCIFER.

Lucifer was the name of the devil before it was kicked out of heaven for plotting the first coup in existence.

A church of God cannot name it’s property SATAN unless it’s actually worshipping Lucifer who is the devil.

With a Telescope name LUCIFER, It shows the spirit behind the catholic church is not of God but the devil.

THINK ABOUT IT WHY WILL A CHRISTIAN NAME THEIR PROPERTY LUCIFER??

UNLESS THAT CHRISTIAN/CHURCH IS ACTUALLY SATANIC

See links for evidence

http://redicecreations.com/article.php?id=10749
AND
http://www.ecumenicalnews.com/article/vatican-astronomers-are-searching-for-alien-life-say-auhors-22068

Video of the discussion

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvekoiI_HuQ

Isaiah 14
12 How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning!
how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!

13 For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven,
I will exalt my throne above the stars of God:

I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:

14 I will ascend above the heights of the clouds;
I will be like the most High.

15 Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit.

Revelation 12 (KJV)

7 And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon;
and the dragon fought and his angels,

8 And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven.

9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil,
and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth,
and his angels were cast out with him.

10 And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation,
and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ:
for the accuser of our brethren is cast down,
which accused them before our God day and night.

1 Like

Re: The Roman Catholic Church Named Their Telescope Lucifer by superior1: 4:18pm On Aug 16, 2013
Interesting

1 Like

Re: The Roman Catholic Church Named Their Telescope Lucifer by emmyskies(m): 4:32pm On Aug 16, 2013
Gross. Its not the Catholic Church that launched the telescope. Its vatican astronauts for astronomy. Its vatican, not Catholic church
Re: The Roman Catholic Church Named Their Telescope Lucifer by chiedu7: 4:35pm On Aug 16, 2013
emmyskies: Gross. Its not the Catholic Church that launched the telescope. Its vatican astronauts for astronomy. Its vatican, not Catholic church

vatican no be head of the catholic church

If it's not the catholic church, then why are Jesuits working there

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GCEl1-9LCw

1 Like

Re: The Roman Catholic Church Named Their Telescope Lucifer by superior1: 5:22pm On Aug 16, 2013
Worshippers of dead bones should know God has nothing in common with Lucifer.

Flee Catholism, Flee Paganism

1 Like

Re: The Roman Catholic Church Named Their Telescope Lucifer by italo: 5:32pm On Aug 16, 2013
Re: The Roman Catholic Church Named Their Telescope Lucifer by italo: 5:35pm On Aug 16, 2013
superior1: Worshippers of dead bones should know God has nothing in common with Lucifer.

Your hatred and hypocrisy is mind-boggling.

In the other thread you accused the Catholic Church of being against scientists.

Now somebody posts a lie about the Catholic Church which shows we are actively pursuing science - as usual - and you believe without confirming.

1 Like

Re: The Roman Catholic Church Named Their Telescope Lucifer by Nobody: 5:40pm On Aug 16, 2013
Let's assume the Catholic Church named the telescope Lucifer. Can someone tell me what exactly is wrong with the name Lucifer?
Re: The Roman Catholic Church Named Their Telescope Lucifer by damerry(m): 6:04pm On Aug 16, 2013
superior1: Worshippers of dead bones should know God has nothing in common with Lucifer.

Hahahaha, crestfallen defeated dude. Have you forgotten how i left you speechless on this derogatory thread of yours
www.nairaland.com/1389121/catholism-focus-relics/2
Na here you come for recovery? Mtcheeeew.
@ op. Even if that telescope was made in vatican and called lucifer, bear in mind, Vatican na CITY no be catholic church. *height of ignorance* i wonder why you guys love casting aspersions on catholicism, well, this goes to remind me that the world hates the truth! grin
Re: The Roman Catholic Church Named Their Telescope Lucifer by Nobody: 6:11pm On Aug 16, 2013
damerry: Hahahaha, crestfallen defeated dude. Have you forgotten how i left you speechless on this derogatory thread of yours
@ op. Even if that telescope was made in vatican and called lucifer, bear in mind, Vatican na CITY no be catholic church. *height of ignorance* i wonder why you guys love casting aspersions on catholicism, well, this goes to remind me that the world hates the truth! grin

If the Catholic church had named the telescope Lucifer, would it be wrong?

Can some brave lad tell me, in clear terms, why the name, Lucifer, is causing this much fuss?
Re: The Roman Catholic Church Named Their Telescope Lucifer by chiedu7: 6:55pm On Aug 16, 2013
striktlymi: Let's assume the Catholic Church named the telescope Lucifer. Can someone tell me what exactly is wrong with the name Lucifer?

Lucifer was the name of the devil

Isaiah 14
12 How art thou fallen from heaven, O[b] Lucifer[/b], son of the morning!
how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!

13 For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven,
I will exalt my throne above the stars of God:
I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:

14 I will ascend above the heights of the clouds;
I will be like the most High.

15 Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit.

Revelation 12 (KJV)

7 And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon;
and the dragon fought and his angels,

8 And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven.

9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil,
and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth,
and his angels were cast out with him.

10 And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation,
and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ:
for the accuser of our brethren is cast down,
which accused them before our God day and night.
Re: The Roman Catholic Church Named Their Telescope Lucifer by Nobody: 7:00pm On Aug 16, 2013
chiedu7:

Lucifer was the name of the devil

Oh, brave one, I see your point now. The only problem you have is that the name was used for the Devil?

Two questions:

1) Who gave the name Lucifer?

2) When it was given, was there anyone called the Devil?
Re: The Roman Catholic Church Named Their Telescope Lucifer by chiedu7: 7:04pm On Aug 16, 2013
italo: That telescope belongs not to the Vatican.

www.vaticanobservatory.org/VO-NEWS/index.php/recent-news/vatican-observatory-main/vatican-observatory/item/153-vatican-lucifer.html

You don't expect the vatican to openly accept it do you?

Listen to Jesuits describes working on the Telescope called LUCIFER

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GCEl1-9LCw

HERE IS THE FIRST PART FOR YOU TO SEE HOW DETAILED THEY ARE IN DESCRIBING THE TELESCOPE WITH THE JESUITS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_cqeaTE218
Re: The Roman Catholic Church Named Their Telescope Lucifer by chiedu7: 7:17pm On Aug 16, 2013
striktlymi:

Oh, brave one, I see your point now. The only problem you have is that the name was used for the Devil?

Two questions:

1) Who gave the name Lucifer?

God named him Lucifer when he was perfect, until iniquity was found in it's heart.

Ezekiel 28
14 Thou art the[b] anointed cherub[/b] that covereth; and I have set thee so:
thou wast upon the holy mountain of God;
thou hast walked up and down in the midst of the stones of fire.

15 Thou wast perfect in thy ways from the day that thou wast created, till iniquity was found in thee.

17 Thine heart was lifted up because of thy beauty,
thou hast corrupted thy wisdom by reason of thy brightness:
I will cast thee to the ground, I will lay thee before kings,
that they may behold thee.

striktlymi:

2) When it was given, was there anyone called the Devil?

Nope there was no devil, God did not create the devil.

GOD CREATED LUCIFER WHO BECAME THE DEVIL
Re: The Roman Catholic Church Named Their Telescope Lucifer by Nobody: 7:21pm On Aug 16, 2013
chiedu7:

God named him Lucifer when he was perfect, until iniquity was found in it's heart.

Nope there was no devil, God did not create the devil.

GOD CREATED LUCIFER WHO BECAME THE DEVIL

Great answer!

If God gave the name Lucifer to his Top Angel at the time, which means the name depicts something good. So why do you have a problem with the name God, himself, gave?

Are you saying God was wrong to have given the name Lucifer?
Re: The Roman Catholic Church Named Their Telescope Lucifer by superior1: 9:42pm On Aug 16, 2013
striktlymi:

Great answer!

If God gave the name Lucifer to his Top Angel at the time, which means the name depicts something good. So why do you have a problem with the name God, himself, gave?

What about naming your son Judas Iscariot?, Judas means praise you know

1 Like

Re: The Roman Catholic Church Named Their Telescope Lucifer by Nobody: 9:47pm On Aug 16, 2013
superior1:

What about naming your son Judas Iscariot?, Judas means praise you know

...and what is wrong with the name Judas?
Re: The Roman Catholic Church Named Their Telescope Lucifer by superior1: 9:49pm On Aug 16, 2013
italo:

Your hatred and hypocrisy is mind-boggling.

In the other thread you accused the Catholic Church of being against scientists.

Now somebody posts a lie about the Catholic Church which shows we are actively pursuing science - as usual - and you believe without confirming.

The world knows what Galileo went through in the hands of your infallible popes. Now that your church is now identified with Lucifer, it only confirms what is already known: Religion of dead bones is of Lucifer!

1 Like

Re: The Roman Catholic Church Named Their Telescope Lucifer by superior1: 9:52pm On Aug 16, 2013
striktlymi:

...and what is wrong with the name Judas?

Nothing except it wouldn't be bad if you name your son Judas Iscariot Lucifer or something closer.

1 Like

Re: The Roman Catholic Church Named Their Telescope Lucifer by superior1: 9:53pm On Aug 16, 2013
damerry: Hahahaha, crestfallen defeated dude. Have you forgotten how i left you speechless on this derogatory thread of yours

Keep deceiving yourself

1 Like

Re: The Roman Catholic Church Named Their Telescope Lucifer by Nobody: 9:54pm On Aug 16, 2013
superior1:

Nothing except it wouldn't be bad if you name your son Judas Iscariot Lucifer or something closer.

Never mind!

#Chiedu I am expecting your response.
Re: The Roman Catholic Church Named Their Telescope Lucifer by damerry(m): 10:28am On Aug 17, 2013
superior1:

Keep deceiving yourself
yes o. since Being a catholic portrays one as an extremist and crazy fellow, i accept wholeheartedly, I'm dat crazy fellow and extremist. I'm a fanatic and i dearly wish to live and die as the saints before me (who of course were extremist) , Mother Mary intercede for me. Saint John the beloved pray for me. My guardian angel, be at my side, to light and guard, to rule and guide. Thank you Jesus. grin my Joy is complete!
Re: The Roman Catholic Church Named Their Telescope Lucifer by nora544: 10:39am On Aug 17, 2013
The truth of the matter is that the Vatican Observatory is a member of the Mount Graham International Observatory (MGIO) consortium, together with a number of other institutions from Europe and the USA. The MGIO comprises a large number of stake holders, most of whom have nothing to do with the Vatican Observatory or its telescope.

Lucifer in Latin means "the bringer of light" and telescopes use light.

1 Like

Re: The Roman Catholic Church Named Their Telescope Lucifer by italo: 11:15am On Aug 17, 2013
superior1:

The world knows what Galileo went through in the hands of your infallible popes. Now that your church is now identified with Lucifer, it only confirms what is already known: Religion of dead bones is of Lucifer!

Aww! So it is this bad with you.

The topic of this thread is a lie and you embrace it out of hatred.

The Catholic Church and Catholics have always supported and sponsored science. Even Galileo was Catholic.

What have you and your Church contributed to science ever?

2 Likes

Re: The Roman Catholic Church Named Their Telescope Lucifer by mumumugu(m): 12:03pm On Aug 17, 2013
What is in a name?
Re: The Roman Catholic Church Named Their Telescope Lucifer by chiedu7: 2:16am On Aug 19, 2013
striktlymi:

Great answer!

Striklymi,when God created man. It was perfect and good until man messed up!

Genesis 1:27
So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him;
31 And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good.

Are now saying that God was wrong to create man

The first being to bear the name Lucifer is the devil,
so obviously only demon worshipers bear the name Lucifer as there is no good reference to the name.

Now let me ask you a question.

Assuming you are a Christian but obviously from your questioning I can tell you are not.

Why would you even consider a name started rebellion in existence
Re: The Roman Catholic Church Named Their Telescope Lucifer by italo: 7:35am On Aug 19, 2013
Chiedu go sleep o. The telescope doesnt belong to the Vatican.

A honourable person would at least edit the title of the thread...but not you.
Re: The Roman Catholic Church Named Their Telescope Lucifer by Nobody: 8:31am On Aug 19, 2013
Hi Chi,

chiedu7:

Striklymi,when God created man. It was perfect and good until man messed up!

Genesis 1:27
So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him;
31 And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good.

Are now saying that God was wrong to create man

I believe the bold is a question you should answer because you seem to suggest that a name given by God is necessarily bad because the individual he gave the name to did wrong.

The analogy you gave also does not help your case because by your logic, since man disobeyed God then no one should be called man. The fact that we are called men today, bears testimony to the fact that the name "man" did not become a taboo just because man fell.

In the same way, the name Lucifer does not necessarily become a taboo because the one who bore the name fell from grace.

chiedu7:
The first being to bear the name Lucifer is the devil,
so obviously only demon worshipers bear the name Lucifer as there is no good reference to the name.

The above is VERY wrong for two reasons:

1) God deemed the name good enough for his chief Angels. Unless you are calling God's chief Angels demons.
2) The name Lucifer is not just the name given to one Angel but a number of God's Angels.

Now, the name Lucifer, in this context, means "Morning star". This name is not unique to just one of God's Angel, as you are making it sound.

The name is attributable to a number of God's chief Angels, who I prefer to call Archangels. This is revealed in the book of Job, as God, himself, states:

Job 38:4-8
New International Version (NIV)

4 “Where were you when I laid the earth’s foundation? Tell me, if you understand. 5 Who marked off its dimensions? Surely you know! Who stretched a measuring line across it? 6 On what were its footings set, or who laid its cornerstone—
7 while the morning stars sang together and all the angels shouted for joy? 8 “Who shut up the sea behind doors when it burst forth from the womb

The validity of the above assessment can be readily seen in the book of Isaiah, where one of God's Chief Angels was described with the name "Morning star":

Isaiah 14

12 How you have fallen from heaven, morning star, son of the dawn! You have been cast down to the earth, you who once laid low the nations!

Note the use of the singular 'Morning star' above to describe just one Angel while the first: 'morning stars' was used to describe more than just one being.

Further evidence can be deduced from the thoughts of Lucifer himself when he fell:

Isaiah 14:13-14
King James Version (KJV)

13 For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north.

It is my opinion that the bold describes Lucifer's ambition of Lording it over the other Archangels when he planned to exalt his throne above that of the creator.

The point I am trying to make really is simply:

1) that Lucifer is not a peculiar name for just one Angel.
2) God gave the name to a number of Angels before some of them fell, hence the name in itself is not wrong.
3) Not every Angel who go by the name 'lucifer' disobeyed God, hence they still bear the 'title' to this very day.
4) If God can choose a name for a good purpose, who is man to say that the name is not good?

chiedu7:
Now let me ask you a question.

Okay!

chiedu7:
Assuming you are a Christian but obviously from your questioning I can tell you are not.

This is beautifully gorgeous. How do you know a Christian?

chiedu7:
Why would you even consider a name started rebellion in existence

I not only consider the name but accept it wholeheartedly for one reason: God gave the name for a good purpose.
Re: The Roman Catholic Church Named Their Telescope Lucifer by chiedu7: 5:19am On Sep 01, 2013
striktlymi: Hi Chi,

I believe the bold is a question you should answer because you seem to suggest that a name given by God is necessarily bad because the individual he gave the name to did wrong.

The analogy you gave also does not help your case because by your logic, since man disobeyed God then no one should be called man. The fact that we are called men today, bears testimony to the fact that the name "man" did not become a taboo just because man fell.

In the same way, the name Lucifer does not necessarily become a taboo because the one who bore the name fell from grace.

The above is VERY wrong for two reasons:

1) God deemed the name good enough for his chief Angels. Unless you are calling God's chief Angels demons.
2) The name Lucifer is not just the name given to one Angel but a number of God's Angels.

Now, the name Lucifer, in this context, means "Morning star". This name is not unique to just one of God's Angel, as you are making it sound.

The name is attributable to a number of God's chief Angels, who I prefer to call Archangels. This is revealed in the book of Job, as God, himself, states:

Job 38:4-8

4 “Where were you when I laid the earth’s foundation? Tell me, if you understand. 5 Who marked off its dimensions? Surely you know! Who stretched a measuring line across it? 6 On what were its footings set, or who laid its cornerstone—
7 while the morning stars sang together and all the angels shouted for joy? 8 “Who shut up the sea behind doors when it burst forth from the womb

The validity of the above assessment can be readily seen in the book of Isaiah, where one of God's Chief Angels was described with the name "Morning star":

[size=14pt]Sometimes to argue somethings are not profitable to me, but as I wrote about the name Lucifer, I decided to copy and past what I've already written.

Let me bring you to present day events.

The biggest contractor to the United Nations is a company called Lucis Trust.

That name won't mean anything to you, until you are told that the company changed it name to Lucis Trust from Lucifer Publishing Company.

Now guess why they had to change their name

If an inanimate object would not bear the name Lucifer, why would a human being bear that name?

http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/sociopolitica/esp_sociopol_lucytrust04.htm

Now you might understand that the United Nations is not religion neutral at all.

The biggest Lodge/Coven in the world is The United Nations, dunno how to prove that yet.

Even the company Lucis Trust will tell you that they were once called Lucifer Publishing Company.

Notice they are trying to distance their self from the name Lucifer.

http://www.lucistrust.org/en/arcane_school/talks_and_articles/the_esoteric_meaning_of_lucifer
[/size]

[size=16pt]PS
Lucifer's name is NOT MORNING STAR, that the name of God. Lucifer's name is SON OF THE MORNING.

Isaiah 14:12 (KJV)
How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning!

Your NIV is a perversion and very corrupt, If lucifer is NOT son of the morning how come ur own Perverted NIV calls him SON OF THE DAWN

Isaiah 14
12 How you have fallen from heaven,.....son of the dawn!

God is called MORNING STAR

Revelation 22:16
I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star.

I can see you have an occult inclination, most likely striktlymi you worship the devil
[/size]

[size=14pt]This web site will explain the dangers your perverted NIV bible & many others[/size]
http://www.av1611.org/tracts.html#BibleVersions

(1) (Reply)

Eddie Na Nawgu:the Occultic Prophet.... / Attributes Of God / What Happened to Your Ancestors Who Didn't Know Christ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.