Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,697 members, 7,862,183 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 10:45 AM

** The Amazon Mistake ! ** - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / ** The Amazon Mistake ! ** (627 Views)

Lost Of Virginity; An Early Mistake / How To Publish Your Books To The Amazon Kindle Store(Step By Step Tutorial) / Most Popular Nigerian Authors On Amazon Books (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

** The Amazon Mistake ! ** by Balance111: 8:47pm On Aug 16, 2013
Maybe I was just careless or naive. The fact is I don't know how I feel - angry or excited, proud or stupid ...maybe new things just have a way of getting to me.

Probably not that big, but this came as a shocker to me.

Reading some articles on Wikipedia, I checked out Amazon and went to the mobile site. I decided to create an account so that I could check out a textbook my friend told me about.

I willingly filled out my details including the digits/no clearly written on my little, recently acquired Master card from GTB - but of course, I withheld my password/pin (I guessed that gave me a margin of safety)

I only assume to have pressed the invisible button, ordering for a book; total cost of 82.4 USD. I was ignorant of the billing process(POS) , MY FAULT.

I didn't even have a final say, perhaps - only later did I get a text msg that #13,454.11 flew away from my Acct....but I keep on asking myself - "What happened to my 4-digit PIN!!!! OMG!

Well right now, I am just laughing out loud but sobbing silently - finding out this evening that the book actually costs #3,500 only! in NG.

MY ADVICE : Pls guide your ATM cards, your PIN might not have a say in 'amazon.com' - JUST THE CARD NUMBER CLEARLY WRITTEN ON THE PLASTIC....lol *sobs*

THIS CONCERNS THE LARGE NUMBER OF PEOPLE WITH CARDS

(1) (Reply)

And Nairaland Went Down A Donkey Years / Today: The Day Tomorrow Came - Poem / Hatred Ruins Your Life - Enjoy Most Effective Forgiveness Technique On Mastersof

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.