Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,091 members, 7,814,794 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:59 PM

Do Nigerian Banks Grant Teenagers Loans? - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Do Nigerian Banks Grant Teenagers Loans? (12143 Views)

Sort Codes For Nigerian Banks / What Is The Maximum Daily Deposit In Nigerian Banks? / 9 Nigerian Banks Make Top 1000 World Banks Ranking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do Nigerian Banks Grant Teenagers Loans? by Nobody: 6:42pm On Aug 17, 2013
chai
Re: Do Nigerian Banks Grant Teenagers Loans? by Youngzedd(m): 6:44pm On Aug 17, 2013
Marthakings: WHAT DOES A TEENAGER NEED A LOAN FOR? BIS?

BIS

grin grin
Re: Do Nigerian Banks Grant Teenagers Loans? by Opiosko: 7:08pm On Aug 17, 2013
It's not possible son, not even with a huge collataral. But wait, it could be possible in one way.. If u get someone to "idemnify not guarranttee" the contract. That's d only possible way xcept d bank is foolish. or u wait until u are 21yrs.
Re: Do Nigerian Banks Grant Teenagers Loans? by pjosh1(m): 7:18pm On Aug 17, 2013
i actually need the loan 2 start up an online business. i am also looking for a angel investor

1 Like

Re: Do Nigerian Banks Grant Teenagers Loans? by Nobody: 7:23pm On Aug 17, 2013
I wish.
Re: Do Nigerian Banks Grant Teenagers Loans? by pjosh1(m): 7:27pm On Aug 17, 2013
lalaboi:

LOL.

@topic

If you do have a business idea/proposal that is worth investing into, Banks will grant you a loan!

Edit: .. Off course, with a collateral!
an
I actually have a business idea and i need capital for startup.. Please can u tell me any bank that gives loan to teenager based on a good business idea/proposal
Re: Do Nigerian Banks Grant Teenagers Loans? by Nobody: 7:29pm On Aug 17, 2013
p.josh:
i actually need the loan 2 start up an online business. i am also looking for a angel investor

An angel investor will be better for you. Armed with business plan, module and a case study, you could secure the trust of an angel investor who has passion for your online business model, but make sure you sign a Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA) with the Angel investor so he cant just walk away with your business idea and model. Two of my business ideas were hijacked by investors I discussed with when I was in my early 20s, just out of University then. Those 2 businesses have generated billions for those guys, even though I know they hijacked my ideas, I could do nothing cos I didnt sign NDA with them and never patented my models.

Goodluck and keep us informed on your progress.
Re: Do Nigerian Banks Grant Teenagers Loans? by Nobody: 7:31pm On Aug 17, 2013
Yes. But only for school fees payment and the amount must not be more than 50% of your account balance. The money in your account is the security and the school fees will be paid directly to your school's bank account. Hope this answers your questions.
Re: Do Nigerian Banks Grant Teenagers Loans? by pjosh1(m): 7:34pm On Aug 17, 2013
Billyonaire:

An angel investor will be better for you. Armed with business plan, module and a case study, you could secure the trust of an angel investor who has passion for your online business model, but make sure you sign a Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA) with the Angel investor so he cant just walk away with your business idea and model. Two of my business ideas were hijacked by investors I discussed with when I was in my early 20s, just out of University then. Those 2 businesses have generated billions for those guys, even though I know they hijacked my ideas, I could do nothing cos I didnt sign NDA with them and never patented my models.

Goodluck and keep us informed on your progress.

thanks 4 d comment..if i may ask, do u knw where i can get investors.
i sent an email to the head of youth empowerment program but got no reply.
Re: Do Nigerian Banks Grant Teenagers Loans? by UIA04(f): 7:53pm On Aug 17, 2013
moreeni: No they won't because you are a minor. Any contract enter into with a minor will not be legally enforceable. Although if u can prove to the bank that the loan is of necessity ie for food ,education and other things that are absolutely necessary for your survival, then they will provided you meet their requirement. This is because if they loan you money and you decide not to pay, they are oyo.
thats true
Re: Do Nigerian Banks Grant Teenagers Loans? by Dbeliever(m): 8:09pm On Aug 17, 2013
For instance, FCMB is giving soft loans to civil servants in Benue state. This is regardless of age.
Re: Do Nigerian Banks Grant Teenagers Loans? by Nobody: 8:28pm On Aug 17, 2013
I need a loan urgently too...i need BBQ10
Re: Do Nigerian Banks Grant Teenagers Loans? by Nobody: 8:33pm On Aug 17, 2013
SimonAndal:
OP I will give you my loan. I will give you my loan so hard you will not stand for days. After taking the full amount of my loan, you will not ask for another loan ever.
lolllzz fellow tb brother he's asking for a loan not a load..

1 Like

Re: Do Nigerian Banks Grant Teenagers Loans? by Nobody: 8:34pm On Aug 17, 2013
p.josh:

In Nigeria we do not have B2B and C2B portals where investment owners meet investors but I guarantee you there are many people who could be interested in your ideas. You need referrals, but dont share your ideals with pessimists, you wont like the experiences and negativeness emanating from the cant do spirits.

1 Like

Re: Do Nigerian Banks Grant Teenagers Loans? by Dkay2(f): 8:54pm On Aug 17, 2013
embarassedNo never heard of it o
Re: Do Nigerian Banks Grant Teenagers Loans? by neksummi(m): 8:54pm On Aug 17, 2013
p.josh:

I wish luck in your search. May I know what type of online business you want to go into? You can pm me.
Re: Do Nigerian Banks Grant Teenagers Loans? by lalaboi(m): 9:02pm On Aug 17, 2013
p.josh:

How old are you? And what level of institution are you?
Re: Do Nigerian Banks Grant Teenagers Loans? by Nobody: 9:06pm On Aug 17, 2013
Yes you can. If you are under 18, your parents/guardian must be the signatory and I think they will fill some kinda 'form of consent' (i'm not sure). I just know they do give to teenagers; no matter the age.
Re: Do Nigerian Banks Grant Teenagers Loans? by Nobody: 9:08pm On Aug 17, 2013
From ma own view,18years above,I feel you have to be @least financially ok,have an account wit d same Bank,have worthy collateral that if put on a scale it shuld out weigh the amount of loan which would be qranted.
Then if all this are in place mehn I feel you are qood to go!
Re: Do Nigerian Banks Grant Teenagers Loans? by Yazmin: 9:18pm On Aug 17, 2013
Dbeliever: For instance, FCMB is giving soft loans to civil servants in Benue state. This is regardless of age.

This is absolutely false. Before you get employed into the civil service you must be an adult (18 years by the constitution).
The banks are very aware of this , hence their decision to lend to civil servants if certain other criteria are met.
@op, banks by any standard do not lend to minors. Documents executed by minors are by nigerian law not tenable or binding in the event of any disputes that may arise from non conformance with the agreed terms and conditions stated therein.
To get a bank partner with you to develop your idea, the best bet is to approach the corporate affairs department which would, if approved , avail funds to you under its corporate social responsibility umbrella.
Many have had intelllectual works developed by banks and I bet that proper chanelling of yours won't be an exception. This I guess, is more practical than requesting a loan facility from a bank.

Best in all....

1 Like

Re: Do Nigerian Banks Grant Teenagers Loans? by ygenius: 9:26pm On Aug 17, 2013
I too need a bank that will give me a loan and leave me alone

1 Like

Re: Do Nigerian Banks Grant Teenagers Loans? by adconline(m): 9:26pm On Aug 17, 2013
You must be 18 in order to enter into a contract to get a loan from a bank, if not, it becomes a voidable contract, because you lack the ability to consent as a minor. However, an adult can serve as your guarantor.

1 Like

Re: Do Nigerian Banks Grant Teenagers Loans? by ReubenAbati: 9:43pm On Aug 17, 2013
How much is the OP planning to raise?

1 milllion?

2 million?

500K?
Re: Do Nigerian Banks Grant Teenagers Loans? by Blessmira: 9:47pm On Aug 17, 2013
Oya, wetin u wan use loan do? Abi, u wan use am buy smart fone 2 increase d temperature of ur swag. cheesy
Re: Do Nigerian Banks Grant Teenagers Loans? by pjosh1(m): 9:53pm On Aug 17, 2013
lalaboi:

How old are you? And what level of institution are you?
just clocked 17years..finished secondary school last 3month
Re: Do Nigerian Banks Grant Teenagers Loans? by pjosh1(m): 9:54pm On Aug 17, 2013
Reuben.Abati:
How much is the OP planning to raise?

1 milllion?

2 million?

500K?

i need 3-4 million
Re: Do Nigerian Banks Grant Teenagers Loans? by pjosh1(m): 9:55pm On Aug 17, 2013
Blessmira: Oya, wetin u wan use loan do? Abi, u wan use am buy smart fone 2 increase d temperature of ur swag. cheesy

please read my previous post
Re: Do Nigerian Banks Grant Teenagers Loans? by Artistree: 10:20pm On Aug 17, 2013
kevoh: Except your father is Dangote,a relative of Dangote or in the same league as Dangote!
In that case, he wouldn't need a loan!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Golden Guinea Breweries Dispels Rumours On The Commencement Of Full Operations / 9 African Currencies That Is Stronger Than Naira / 7 Things Entrepreneurs Can Do To Stay Motivated

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.