Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,204 members, 7,818,695 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:57 PM

Gowon And Queen Elizabeth With Their Spouses in 1971 - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gowon And Queen Elizabeth With Their Spouses in 1971 (29157 Views)

Pic : Gowon And Trudeau In 1973, Is Africa Moving Forward Or Backward??? / General Yakubu Gowon and the Late Emir of Kano Ado Bayero in 1972(pictures) / Gowon And Ojukwu-before Things Fell Apart Between Them (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gowon And Queen Elizabeth With Their Spouses in 1971 by coogar: 2:14pm On Aug 18, 2013
i prefer gowon's attire to jonathan's fisherman hat.

2 Likes

Re: Gowon And Queen Elizabeth With Their Spouses in 1971 by leggo: 2:14pm On Aug 18, 2013
You can take a shepopotamus out of a swamp but...

2 Likes

Re: Gowon And Queen Elizabeth With Their Spouses in 1971 by leggo: 2:15pm On Aug 18, 2013
Afam4eva: Patience Jonathan remains the most elegant and fashion conscious first lady in the history of Nigeria and Africa. She's always on point.
sarcasm, i hope

10 Likes

Re: Gowon And Queen Elizabeth With Their Spouses in 1971 by aiksneffects: 2:17pm On Aug 18, 2013
A wicked/evil alliance. That is a thank you ceremony after supplying Gowon with all the weapons that facilitated Biafran Genocide all because they (British) want to have a stake in Nigeria oil. A wicked/evil royal family that has blood in their hands.
Re: Gowon And Queen Elizabeth With Their Spouses in 1971 by Nobody: 2:19pm On Aug 18, 2013
mens dept: So what does this picture show except for a man who joined to defeat what could have been a more promising group of countries controlled by Africans and not Queen Eliza.

He mismanaged the country's resources and stayed there for almost a decade before being booted out, and running back to his masters in London.

Nonsense
. I am sure u are Igbo by tribe. What did Ironsi do 4 the nation?

2 Likes

Re: Gowon And Queen Elizabeth With Their Spouses in 1971 by mulumele(m): 2:21pm On Aug 18, 2013
Afam4eva: Patience Jonathan remains the most elegant and fashion conscious first lady in the history of Nigeria and Africa. She's always on point.

Yes. With matching umblerra.
grin grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Gowon And Queen Elizabeth With Their Spouses in 1971 by Blessmira: 2:21pm On Aug 18, 2013
OAM4J is Gay: Why is this man still alive?

Oya see gun. U kno hw 2 shoot abi? YE....YE sad

1 Like

Re: Gowon And Queen Elizabeth With Their Spouses in 1971 by Nobody: 2:23pm On Aug 18, 2013
(SIGHS) THOSE WERE THE DAYS
THE PRESIDENT OF THE FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA
WOULD WALK WITH PRIDE
AND GET ALL THE RESPECT
HE WASNT BEGGING FOR NUTHING
AND THE FCKING CHINESE .....
OH THATS RIGHT THEY WERE STILL WEARING PAJAMAS (PJs)
AND SELLING KUNG FU FLICKS

....NOW WHAT WE HAVE ARE BEGGARS IN SEATS OF POWER
IT DONT MATTER WHERE THEY BEG; US, BRITAIN, CHINA, SAUDI,
ALL THE SAME. THEY R REGARDED AS NUISANCES
GOD HELP US
Re: Gowon And Queen Elizabeth With Their Spouses in 1971 by 99cent: 2:24pm On Aug 18, 2013
thread = fail
what's the point of this thread again?

Rossikk: Spare us this garbage. All I see is a 32 year old kid and his spouse who have no business being at the helm of a nation, but got there via the barrel of a gun. Nothing to celebrate.

grin

1 Like

Re: Gowon And Queen Elizabeth With Their Spouses in 1971 by drdams: 2:26pm On Aug 18, 2013
Re: Gowon And Queen Elizabeth With Their Spouses in 1971 by drdams: 2:28pm On Aug 18, 2013
E killed Ladoke Akintola, d great Scholar - Sarduana (Ahmadu Bello), our most luved pm - Tafawa Balewa and many odas...

He was d first to undertake both an unsuccesful and succesful coup in dis Nation.
E was d first Military Head of State..
E brought trouble to our nation.

genesisjohn: . I am sure u are Igbo by tribe. What did Ironsi do 4 the nation?

2 Likes

Re: Gowon And Queen Elizabeth With Their Spouses in 1971 by frederal(m): 2:28pm On Aug 18, 2013
Rubbish...what's bad with a wife taking counsel from her husband( are both not 1); if she meddles with state affairs, is it not by the will her husband granted? If you marry ur own, lock her up in the kitchen#whocares#
Jonathan loves the wife, so is IBB and Turai. From picture u drifted into another thing

2 Likes

Re: Gowon And Queen Elizabeth With Their Spouses in 1971 by Ifems(m): 2:29pm On Aug 18, 2013
You guys have started this tribal dissing again.

1 Like

Re: Gowon And Queen Elizabeth With Their Spouses in 1971 by malele(m): 2:29pm On Aug 18, 2013
Rossikk: Spare us this garbage. All I see is a 32 year old kid and his spouse who have no business being at the helm of a nation, but got there via the barrel of a gun. Nothing to celebrate.

1000likes
Re: Gowon And Queen Elizabeth With Their Spouses in 1971 by kingthreat(m): 2:31pm On Aug 18, 2013
dr dams: E killed Ladoke Akintola, d great Scholar - Sarduana (Ahmadu Bello), our most luved pm - Tafawa Balewa and many odas...

He was d first to undertake both an unsuccesful and succesful coup in dis Nation.
E was d first Military Head of State..
E brought trouble to our nation.

Where did you get your history from? Talking 100% gibberish.
Re: Gowon And Queen Elizabeth With Their Spouses in 1971 by tellwisdom: 2:32pm On Aug 18, 2013
Gowon and queen elizabelt are spouse??

1 Like

Re: Gowon And Queen Elizabeth With Their Spouses in 1971 by malele(m): 2:33pm On Aug 18, 2013
OAM4J is Gay: The Queen wouldn't like this grammar

Lol make una no kill me for this site oo
Re: Gowon And Queen Elizabeth With Their Spouses in 1971 by leggo: 2:34pm On Aug 18, 2013
There is no such thing as 'the office of the first lady' so when i see shepopo summoning a whole minister i wonder
Re: Gowon And Queen Elizabeth With Their Spouses in 1971 by drdams: 2:41pm On Aug 18, 2013
I kip saying, most of u lack gud sense of history.

All dose mentioned, go n read about their death. U shudnt jst post cos u wanna mark attendance. Plz stop sounding lyk a Car hoot.

kingthreat:

Where did you get your history from? Talking 100% gibberish.
Re: Gowon And Queen Elizabeth With Their Spouses in 1971 by Nobody: 2:47pm On Aug 18, 2013
VladimirLenin: Oleku!!! tell me something way i no fit do grin grin grin
grin nairalanders ehen grin una no go kee person with laugh grin
Re: Gowon And Queen Elizabeth With Their Spouses in 1971 by DICKtator: 2:52pm On Aug 18, 2013
mulumele:

Don't think so. Are you saying Prince Charles was born in the 70s?

emm,.... i meant General Gowon!!!!!

grin grin grin grin
Re: Gowon And Queen Elizabeth With Their Spouses in 1971 by oluwacjay: 2:53pm On Aug 18, 2013
I see mediocres celebratin a puppet we called president. Gowon neva had d balls 2 rule 9ja, always takin orders 4rm his majesty.... Let's step beyond d past of mediocrity & 10k God 4 african leaders who leberated africa 4rm colonialism, & Neo-colonialism. Like Nelson Mandela, desmond tut, Robert mugabe, Fela, etc. Dese men dint snap wit d queen or emperor, but dey are more relevant 2day dan Gowon. Dey will die hereos, but Gowon will be 4gotten, no legacy left behind, only a war where he made ojukwu a legend

1 Like

Re: Gowon And Queen Elizabeth With Their Spouses in 1971 by DICKtator: 2:53pm On Aug 18, 2013

Ever heard of a certain Maryam Babaginda?
She put the First in First Lady!!!!!

grin grin grin grin
Re: Gowon And Queen Elizabeth With Their Spouses in 1971 by Orikinla(m): 2:55pm On Aug 18, 2013
Mrs. Victoria Gowon is still the best first lady of Nigeria so far and not an Area Mother in Abuja today.

1 Like

Re: Gowon And Queen Elizabeth With Their Spouses in 1971 by Rossikk(m): 3:01pm On Aug 18, 2013
dr dams: Jealous! Wud u achieve such height @ age 32? Dats if u arent already above 32 sef..
No man is perfect, every1 has his f-up, bt appreciate d gud part..
You have no common sense. Anyone can 'achieve' seizing power illegally if he had a gun and enough lawless backers. That you call a 32 year old soldier seizing political power in a coup an 'achievement' shows your low IQ.
Re: Gowon And Queen Elizabeth With Their Spouses in 1971 by drdams: 3:03pm On Aug 18, 2013
By my definition of Legacy, the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) no mata d state it is now, wud reminds every Nigerian of Gowon.
oluwacjay: I see mediocres celebratin a puppet we called president. Gowon neva had d balls 2 rule 9ja, always takin orders 4rm his majesty.... Let's step beyond d past of mediocrity & 10k God 4 african leaders who leberated africa 4rm colonialism, & Neo-colonialism. Like Nelson Mandela, desmond tut, Robert mugabe, Fela, etc. Dese men dint snap wit d queen or emperor, but dey are more relevant 2day dan Gowon. Dey will die hereos, but Gowon will be 4gotten, no legacy left behind, only a war where he made ojukwu a legend
Re: Gowon And Queen Elizabeth With Their Spouses in 1971 by Afam4eva(m): 3:04pm On Aug 18, 2013
DICKtator:

Ever heard of a certain Maryam Babaginda?
She put the First in First Lady!!!!!

grin grin grin grin
Patience Jonathan has it all. Talk about Poise, Carriage and gracefulness. She's the most presentable first lady ever.
Re: Gowon And Queen Elizabeth With Their Spouses in 1971 by drdams: 3:07pm On Aug 18, 2013
Any1? Ur fada mst av been born during dat era.. Y didnt e seize power? Or was e jst fortunate nt to av enough lawless backers n gun? E shud av simply consulted d oracles and use his machete n oda implement e was using to plough is field den in d village!!
By d way, dat was nt his' achievement I ad in mind..
U might b pissed! Bt victory ova Biafra itself was an Achievement..
Go n Hug transformer and stop insulting me, am nt gud @ dat..
Rossikk: You have no common sense. Anyone can 'achieve' seizing power illegally if he had a gun and enough lawless backers. That you call a 32 year old soldier seizing political power in a coup an 'achievement' shows your low IQ.
Re: Gowon And Queen Elizabeth With Their Spouses in 1971 by Garrithe1st: 3:07pm On Aug 18, 2013
Afam4eva:
Patience Jonathan has it all. Talk about Poise, Carriage and gracefulness. She's the most presentable first lady ever.

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Gowon And Queen Elizabeth With Their Spouses in 1971 by drdams: 3:17pm On Aug 18, 2013
Says who?
Na crime to snap wit Queen?
oluwacjay: I see mediocres celebratin a puppet we called president. Gowon neva had d balls 2 rule 9ja, always takin orders 4rm his majesty.... Let's step beyond d past of mediocrity & 10k God 4 african leaders who leberated africa 4rm colonialism, & Neo-colonialism. Like NELSON MANDELA, desmond tut, Robert mugabe, Fela, etc. DESE MEN DINT SNAP WIT D QUEEN or emperor, but dey are more relevant 2day dan Gowon. Dey will die hereos, but Gowon will be 4gotten, no legacy left behind, only a war where he made ojukwu a legend

Re: Gowon And Queen Elizabeth With Their Spouses in 1971 by Okeikpu(m): 3:23pm On Aug 18, 2013
Dis r 1of the con3 dat fought the mighty Biafra sad they're behind the problem we r having in dis con3. GOD WILL PUNISH DEM 1 BY 1 angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Photos From Atiku Abubakar's 69th Birthday At His Abuja Residence / Mahmoud Halilu, Aisha Buhari’s Brother's Governorship Aspiration In Adamawa... / Cabal Targets Osinbajo Over Actions Taken As Ag President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.