Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,882 members, 7,813,996 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:51 PM

SCHOOL LIFE - Literature (26) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / SCHOOL LIFE (96988 Views)

. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: SCHOOL LIFE by princesa(f): 9:57pm On Sep 26, 2013
If you never wanted 'sorry' then you shouldn't have towed the 'family issue' line.

My point?

Nlanders are caring and ever ready to share ur pains. Tell them that you're sick, or getting married, or having a birthday, or lost a family etc etc, and then would commensurate with you...

So chistar, sorry for whatever happened in ur offline life wink

now to the story.

#hides face# embarassed erm... erm.... #wriggles hand# i know you know why am hiding my face, looking down and wriggling my hands sad

but anyways, I read the last update and twas captivating, one thing i like about your works are the side comments (parenthesis) you infuse into the stories, no wonder you're everyone's 'darling' wink

kudos chistar, I know my attitude made you keep ur distance, bt you're still my palsmiley

#keeping a date with you for the grand finale.
Re: SCHOOL LIFE by Deiok(m): 10:03pm On Sep 26, 2013
Miss princesa has spoken.
Re: SCHOOL LIFE by princesa(f): 10:19pm On Sep 26, 2013
Deiok:
Miss princesa has spoken.

hey you! Quite a whilecheesy
still doing truths and lie?
And is nitlad still around the games sectionsad i miss him.
Re: SCHOOL LIFE by chistar01(m): 10:43pm On Sep 26, 2013
Deiok: 6pm abi?. Alarm reminder set.
see you then bro.
Babie Ghagha: it doesnt realy matter.anything its worth it.
Φk♠γ̲̣̣̥. , cool.
princesa: If you never wanted 'sorry' then you shouldn't have towed the 'family issue' line.

My point?

Nlanders are caring and ever ready to share ur pains. Tell them that you're sick, or getting married, or having a birthday, or lost a family etc etc, and then would commensurate with you...

So chistar, sorry for whatever happened in ur offline life wink

now to the story.

#hides face# embarassed erm... erm.... #wriggles hand# i know you know why am hiding my face, looking down and wriggling my hands sad

but anyways, I read the last update and twas captivating, one thing i like about your works are the side comments (parenthesis) you infuse into the stories, no wonder you're everyone's 'darling' wink

kudos chistar, I know my attitude made you keep ur distance, bt you're still my palsmiley

#keeping a date with you for the grand finale.
errr... I didn't need d sympathy but I had to give an explanation because the comments I've been seeing required an explaination but since I can't give full details I just dropped a hint, I'll modify d post right away anyway.

About your attitude and keeping my distance? I think you have gotten something mixed up because I actually love you attitude.

I'll be expecting u then 4 d grand finale grin.

Choi
Re: SCHOOL LIFE by princesa(f): 11:05pm On Sep 26, 2013
chistar01:
I didn't need d sympathy but I had to give an explanation because the comments I've been seeing required an explaination but since I can't give full details I just dropped a hint, I'll modify d post right away anyway.

About your attitude and keeping my distance? I think you have gotten something mixed up because I actually love you attitude.

I'll be expecting u then 4 d grand finale grin.

Choi
finally someone thinks am still cool when i blow hot or cold! #blushing# cheesy

am damn well keeping up with the kardasians chistarwink
Re: SCHOOL LIFE by chistar01(m): 11:15pm On Sep 26, 2013
princesa:
finally someone thinks am still cool when i blow hot or cold! #blushing# cheesy

am damn well keeping up with the kardasians chistarwink
lol.. I lied. grin. I really don't love your attitude tongue *pun intended*
Re: SCHOOL LIFE by princesa(f): 11:21pm On Sep 26, 2013
embarassed

angry
Re: SCHOOL LIFE by Deiok(m): 7:31am On Sep 27, 2013
princesa:

hey you! Quite a whilecheesy
still doing truths and lie?
And is nitlad still around the games sectionsad i miss him.
The game is now inactive. I think nitlad is kinda busy he is hardly seen in the Game section, this days everyone is kinda busy.
Re: SCHOOL LIFE by chistar01(m): 9:44am On Sep 27, 2013
**continuation**

I really wonder why most girls like to do shakara, I mean, you like a guy, the guy likes you so why all the delay na? If you scared of him breaking your heart, would delaying change the future? Follow your heart, take the risk, because nothing is 100% sure till you try. - Chistar01.

My world came crashing at this point, I wasn't sure either I should be angry, sad or confused, In my state of absolute mixed feelings, I asked;

'Why?'

She looked at me directly in the eyeballs and said;

'I know your kinda person and I know my kinda person, people like us don't date, it won't work' she was starting to sound like my boring pastor at church and I didn't like this on bit.

'Ife! You are talking too much. Do you love me or not?' I blurted out without even thinking of the consequence.

She looked shock by my sudden outburst and frankly speaking, I was surprised by my action too, but since I had already somehow gotten the courage to ask it, I decided to go the full length.

'Michael, you know that doesn't have...'

'Just answer me straight forward na, do you love me? Yes or No. Say Yes and I'll make sure that you never regret it but if you say no, then I'll close this chapter and never bring it up again' I threatened again, I was silently wondering what was giving me such courage after all its not everyday you get to see a guy standing up to a girl he loves dearly and laying all his cards on the table.

She took a deep breath and we starred at each other silence for a while, my heart was beating so fast and loud that I I could actually hear it without using a stethoscope.

'Ife... Don't you get it? I crazy about you, the longer you stall me, the more I even want you more' I broke the silence.

Out of nowhere she did something I hadn't expected...

She suddenly bursted out in laughter therefore even making me more confused.

'What's so funny?' I asked

TWO YEARS LATER (SS 3)
DURING VALECDICTORY.

The past six years hadn't been all rosy or fun as some people might think, as a matter of fact, JSS1 to SS1 were really horrible but 'SS3' was awesome, you would find out why I said so in due
time .

NB: 'JSS' means Junior Secondary School, while 'SS' actually means Senior Secondary School, don't know what happened to the third 'S' in the abbreviation, that's how I met it too.

It all eventually came down to giving honorary awards, gifts and certificates, that was when I was faced with a little problem;

'first on the list is Balogun Oluwafemi who was the head boy' the M.C called out the first name on his list.
Loud roars of applause followed suite as Oluwafemi who is simply known as 'Femi' stood up from his sit and after adjusting his well fitted D&G suit he walked to the stage with swagger and he
was handed over a hand bag which I assumed contained all the necessary things then he walked back to his sit.

'another round of applause please' the M.C requested and his request was granted as the occupants of the hall clapped so vigorously like their lives depended on it.

'Secondly, I call on Olugbemi Cynthia, the head girl of this prestigious college to come forward and take her package' and same procedure was taken.

All other captains were called before we the regular students who were 'nobody' and same procedure was followed until it got to my turn;

'Please lets give a round of applause as Odoh Michael comes forward' The M.C urged the occupants of the hall to clap for me but no one but the M.C actually clapped for me.

I looked round to make sure everyone was still alive and awake and they were;

'So why aren't this people clapping?' I asked myself and at the same time wishing the floor would just open and swallow me.

TO BE CONTINUED

*WHAT WAS IFE REPLY?
*WHY WEREN'T THEY CLAPPING?
*WHAT HAPPENED NEXT DURING THE VALECDICTORY?
*WHERE ARE ALL THE LEAD CHARACTERS OF THIS STORY PRESENTLY?
*WHAT EVENTUALLY HAPPENED TO DOLLS, JANE, IFE, EFE etc?

FIND OUT IN THE FINAL EPISODE OF THIS SERIES...

*in nollywood advert tone* - WATCH OUT and GRAB YOUR COPY BY 6:00PM / 18:00 GMT +1 (West African Time).

YOU DARE NOT MISS IT, IF YOU WANT YOU AND I TO BROWSE IN PEACE ON THIS NAIRALAND.

1 Like

Re: SCHOOL LIFE by macdanny247(m): 9:59am On Sep 27, 2013
front seat tins... So this series is coming to an end. *with tears rolling down mine chins*
Re: SCHOOL LIFE by Dhortunn(m): 10:12am On Sep 27, 2013
looool...chistar, that's a killer advert. I can bet if anyone will miss it.
Re: SCHOOL LIFE by Daniel2802(m): 10:36am On Sep 27, 2013
I dy wait oh
Re: SCHOOL LIFE by Danpersie31(m): 10:42am On Sep 27, 2013
Princesa i 4 marry u o.Bt u too expensive.Bt nice words u ve spoken.Chistar u kept ur promise xo thank u.I promise u 3 goals against westbrom
Re: SCHOOL LIFE by chistar01(m): 11:42am On Sep 27, 2013
*clears throat*

err.. so the literature section awards is on ...

if you think any of my stories (my complicated love story and school life) deserve an award or two (greedy me wink you can go and nominate them here » https://www.nairaland.com/1451024/literature-section-awards-nomination-thread.

I really don't know which category they fall under;-\ but I think there is romance, comedy and adventure somewhere in the stories, just go and check the link out and decide which one you want grin.

Φk♠γ̲̣̣̥., that being said its 11:40am right? About 6hrs20mins to go for the grand finale.
Re: SCHOOL LIFE by felipemadero(m): 12:45pm On Sep 27, 2013
wairro(wait o),dnt tell me ASUU strike is takin its toll o...#team dolls#
Re: SCHOOL LIFE by princesa(f): 2:16pm On Sep 27, 2013
Danpersie31:
Princesa i 4 marry u o.Bt u too expensive.Bt nice words u ve spoken.Chistar u kept ur promise xo thank u.I promise u 3 goals against westbrom
yes i am expensive cool

@deiok
yeah, everyone is bound to move onwink
Re: SCHOOL LIFE by tobex23(m): 2:20pm On Sep 27, 2013
chister do me a favour, please post the link of complicated love story asap
Re: SCHOOL LIFE by Danpersie31(m): 2:53pm On Sep 27, 2013
Bt abeg princesa hw e go b na.4my sake.Lets make it easy and convinient 4 me.#winks# winkBt abeg princesa hw e go b na.4my sake.Lets make it easy and convinient 4 me.#winks#
Re: SCHOOL LIFE by Deiok(m): 3:15pm On Sep 27, 2013
tobex_23: chister do me a favour, please post the link of complicated love story asap
http://nairaland.com/1343906/complicated-love-story
Re: SCHOOL LIFE by princesa(f): 3:44pm On Sep 27, 2013
Danpersie31:
Bt abeg princesa hw e go b na.4my sake.Lets make it easy and convinient 4 me.#winks# wink
let me see the list of what you're offering cool
Re: SCHOOL LIFE by BabieGhagha(f): 4:33pm On Sep 27, 2013
cant wait 4 d final episode of dis story.
Re: SCHOOL LIFE by Danpersie31(m): 4:51pm On Sep 27, 2013
undecidedMy hrt joined 2geda wit 2cows,a car,4 weddings,and 500,000 naira
Re: SCHOOL LIFE by chistar01(m): 5:44pm On Sep 27, 2013
Few minutes to go.grin
Re: SCHOOL LIFE by obainojazz(m): 5:46pm On Sep 27, 2013
chistar01: Few minutes to go.grin
we are waiting..................ooooooooooooooooo
Re: SCHOOL LIFE by Talk2david1(m): 5:48pm On Sep 27, 2013
I rarely commend on Nairaland but it will be a sin if I don't commend here like I did in "your" complicated life story. Wonderful story Bro,you got my support in any Nairaland competition anytime any day (not really sure though)*winks* counting down to 6 pm.
Re: SCHOOL LIFE by Eniqurl(f): 5:59pm On Sep 27, 2013
It tym oh!
Re: SCHOOL LIFE by damilola231(f): 6:04pm On Sep 27, 2013
It's 6pm o charister, I don dey look time for u...come complete d story b4 suspense kill sombody here
Re: SCHOOL LIFE by chistar01(m): 6:06pm On Sep 27, 2013
**Continuation**

So there I was, staring at the most beautiful girl in the world (or so I thought), looking confused as ever and patiently waiting to know the reason of her sudden out burst of laughter.

'Are you going to stop laughing any time soon?' I asked her already loosing my patience.

Somewhere in between her continuous laughing session she replied; 'Am sorry jhur, its just that you really need to see your face right now, you look like you gonna bite me soon'

I didn't still get was funny about that so I pushed further; 'so what's funny about that now?'

She sighed and replied; 'am just kidding with you jhur!'

'Kidding? Asin how?' I asked.

'Asin! Am Just pulling your legs'

I had an idea of what she meant but history had taught me not to jump into conclusion when it comes to issues that concerns Ife so I had to be sure before I made any rash action.

'Can you explain what exactly you mean by pulling my legs?' My face was straight.

She sighed..' you really need to lighten up oh, I mean I love you too'

'Love me too? Asin are you indirectly saying yes to me?'

She 'hmmed' and nodded in response with a shy smile planted on her face.

I mentally found my self screaming out of joy and before I knew what I was doing my lips fell on hers, as soon as this happened, I snapped back to reality and immediately withdrew my lip mumbling an apology for kissing her that way and stup'idly saying it was a mistake but as I was blabbing she leaned over and gave me the best kiss of my life.
We finally agreed it was best we let go of our lips after approximately ten minutes of continuous intense kissing, I think I even had blisters on my lips afterwards.

When we were done, she looked at me and started giggling, I unconsciously joined her, as a matter of fact we had no reasonable reason to even laugh but there is something about being truly in love with someone that can't really be explained and this was one of those unexplainable something.

'Michael' she suddenly called my name.

'Yea?'

'I love you...'

I knew what she wanted me to reply but I mischievously and jokingly replied; 'I know you do, everybody that has come across me always falls for me'

She got the joke and just hissed; 'what are you now feeling like?'

I just smiled and winked at how in response, the as expected another moment of silence followed after which we started making out again and just when I was about trying something naughty with my hands ...

'Michael!' Dolls called from the window side.

I immediately withdrew my lips and without looking at him I asked why he called my name.

'You no wan go for food? Time na already almost 7pm!'

'What tha Bleep!' Was all I could say, I had spent so much time with Ife that I had barely realized time had flown so fast.

Few minutes later, I, Ife, Dolls and his new GF headed to the dining hall for dinner, the only problem was, I was too excited that hunger was the last thing on my mind.

'So Ife is now mine and mine for good?' I smiled as I thought about it while staring at people on my table rolling big balls of fufu and after dipping it in the egusi soup, magically teleport it to their mouth.

I and Ife dated till late SS 2 (a year plus) before we broke up, or should I say - before she broke up with me? Why did we break up? Let's just say everything about me changed.

At the end of SS 2 when the SS 3 students had already graduated, I had already become quite popular in school due to the fact that I strangely became brilliant and started doing very well academically plus steadily coming out on top of my class and secondly, I also somehow figured I could rap thus becoming very social able and you know what happens when you excel both socially and academically right? Fame and popularity comes with it.

I'm not proud to say it but somewhere along the line, I started cheating on Ife and even though she never caught me red handed, there is nothing hidden under the sun. The international headquarter of gossiping was FEDGO so I'm sure she somehow heard about my 'back yard' packages and also, there is something about most girls that I think I've noticed - 'girls ain't as dumb as most boys think, they know when they are being cheated on no matter how protective or care we guys think we are, I'm guessing its like a fifth sense thing or perhaps just and instinct, the only thing is some of them are patient and they give we the guys enough chances to right our wrongs before taking actions, (some are really dumb though)', so I guess Ife was one of those with the fifth instinct.

As expected, I regretted loosing her but hey! Life goes on. The problem is I became scared of relationships and commitments so I started playing around with girls and stuffs like that, then slowly it became more of habit and well... You know the rest.

Okay, enough about Ife and my love life let's talk about something different.

FEW WEEKS INTO SS 3.

It was an assembly, a school general assembly, its was unusually boring as the principal had a lot of unnecessary things to say and kept on talking for almost an hour, I could feel my legs getting weak due to the fact that I had been standing for too long, and yet the old man with the mic hadn't shown any sign of dropping the microphone anytime soon. Dolls stood right at my front while Efe was at my back, he occasionally slumped on my shoulder in an attempt to sleep but I shook him off vigorously each time, that was the state of the entire assembly until something was said which caught everyone in the hall attention;

' ... So where is Mr Bamidele?' The principal asked no one in particular.

Almost immediately, a man who wore a green polo top and tucked it in his ash pant trousers (can you imagine? Polo and pant trousers?) walked briskly to the stage where the principal stood and after being directed in silence, he nodded and picked up a file from the table on the stage and after clearing his throat, he took the microphone from the principal and said;

'This are the names of the 20** set school perfects, if you name is called please walk up to the stage immediately'
The atmosphere in the hall instantly became electrifying, people started murmuring and those who were expecting to be called started adjusting their clothes, as for me, I couldn't care any lesser about who the named perfects or not, I was sure my name wasn't going to be called when there were more suitable people, or so I thought.

'For the females, the new labour prefects are: Nwaru Amaka of chad house, Ofojebe Chidinma of cross house, Lawal Doyin of niger house and Akinwunmi Shola' the four girls some how fought their way through the crowd and appeared on the stage, so stupi'd people clapped for them but as stated earlier, I didn't give a Bleep.

Same procedure was followed for the male labour prefects, Library prefects, house prefect but I got a shocker when it got to position of chapel prefect.

'This are the names of the chapel prefects: Jegede Busayo, Olaosebikan Sandra and Odoh Michael'

In my subconscious state of not giving a Bleep about what was happening, I heard someone call my name so I tapped Dolls and asked him;

'Why you dey call my name?'

He bursted out in laughter and replied;

'Call your name ke? You dey mad abi you just deaf? Na Bam-Bam call your name o!' He replied still laughing and not even trying to control the laughter.

'Call my name for what? So after hin punish us for entering girls hostel on saturday night hin still carry the case reach here?' I asked in disgust because some days ago, I, Dolls and some other guys decided we needed to see how the girls hostel was, so we jumped the fence at night and we were caught by Mr Bamidele who took down our names and punished us severely.

'Ode! So you no dey hear wetin the man dey call? Na names of prefects na' he replied smiling now.

'Me? Prefect? Prefect of what?' I asked in confusion

'Chapel na'

I bursted out in laughter because it sounded like a very nice joke to me, but my laughter was cut short by the voice of My Bamidele who said;

'Is Odoh Michael not in the assembly hall?'

I became shocked as I heard that and a thousand and one eyes fell on me, I took a deep breath and walked up to the stage and stood beside Jegede Busayo.

I couldn't believe it, me! Michael! Chapel prefect, am sure its a mistake, a big one but after asking around and it was confirmed.

Dolls was given the social prefect badge and Efe was made a house captain but I was made a Chapel prefect, funny right?

Being the chapel prefect didn't make me stop anything but only made me to be more careful, my tenure came and went quickly without much hazzles, as a matter of fact, I loved the post as it gave me this 'good boy' look.

END OF SESSION. SS3.
A DAY TO GRADUATION.

School had been so much fun, it all started with me being a troublesome kid who also ended up entering wahala so often that I thought someone from my village was responsible, then slowly I adapted to that, then the case of me performing poorly at school, I some how conquered that too, then let's not forget the my experience with girls, how I transformed from shy me to unshy me (I think that was the highlight).

So when I was done with my W.A.E.C examinations and I knew I had just few hours before I left the school for good, I started going around and righting my wrongs, I confessed to Dolls on how I was the one who put super glue on his lips one night when he was sleeping (I was just kidding), then I asked Ife and other girls who I had wronged for their forgiveness, which they all granted me reluctantly, but who cares if its reluctantly or not? My own is I was forgiven.

I ended up gisting with Dolls all trough the night, we kept on talking and laughing over how fun school was, I didn't even know when I slept off.

'Please lets give a round of applause as Odoh Michael comes forward' The M.C urged the occupants of the hall to clap for me but no one but the M.C actually clapped for me.

I looked round to make sure everyone was still alive and awake and they were;

'So why aren't this people clapping?' I asked myself and at the same time wishing the floor would just open and swallow me.

I sluggishly walked up to the stage and everyone had their eyes on me as I moved, as I took my package from the MC, I saw Ife stand up and walk towards me slowly, I could sense something sinister about he movement but I wasn't sure until she got right to the front of me and it was then I saw it, she pointed a gun to my head and said;

'Cheat! Liar! You think you can break my heart and go scot free, think again' and then ...

I woke up in my room, with a loud scream and was sweat like a christmas goat, I looked at the time an it was 9am, and my valedictory ceremony was to start by 10am.

After saying a quick prayer I ran to the bath room and prepared for the ceremony.

In few minutes, I was set to go, I looked dashing in a set of new school uniform I had saved for that purpose, Dolls and Efe who were already set to go but waiting for me weren't looking that bad so together we all walked out of the hostel and straight to the assembly hall without saying any word, we didn't even know what to say.

The assembly hall was packed and filled to the brim just like I had seen it in my dream, with everyone in the exactly where there were in the dream.

The same procedure was followed but when my name was called, the clap was even more thunderous than the head boy's own, I felt so proud but just as I turned to walk back to me sit, Ife was right behind me and I came face to face with her.

I had same same sinister feeling as I had in the dream an to top it all, Ife wasn't laughing and just as I was about to walk pass her she held me back and dipped her hand to bring out something.

THE END.

1 Like

Re: SCHOOL LIFE by chistar01(m): 6:09pm On Sep 27, 2013
And its a wrap Ɣ'all!
Re: SCHOOL LIFE by MsSpaqs(f): 6:19pm On Sep 27, 2013
Wrap wetin? U must tell us wat she brought out o but i was thinking Dolls will b d Dinning hall prefect.Dat boy likes food.
Re: SCHOOL LIFE by Talk2david1(m): 6:22pm On Sep 27, 2013
lol,she comot gun? well, am sure she brought out something else cause actor no dey die.Nice to try n keep us in suspense but am sure u wouldn't have made it to the university dead na.It was nice reading ur story chistar.

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (Reply)

TAMISHO - My Story. My Life / Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) / Life Of A Uam Boy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.