Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,294 members, 7,836,283 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:33 AM

SCHOOL LIFE - Literature (23) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / SCHOOL LIFE (97248 Views)

. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (30) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: SCHOOL LIFE by Winnie1950(f): 10:38am On Sep 23, 2013
kingphilip:
see style wey u wan take tell us say u de always go bathroom go peep am wen him de baff....hw else u take knw say him get small yansh
you no well wallahi
Re: SCHOOL LIFE by kingphilip(m): 11:01am On Sep 23, 2013
Winnie1950: you no well wallahi
no take am personal abeg na joke me de joke now
Re: SCHOOL LIFE by VivyGift(f): 11:19am On Sep 23, 2013
Chistar well done

1 Like

Re: SCHOOL LIFE by chistar01(m): 11:32am On Sep 23, 2013
@vivy, what did I do wrong this tym? sad
@sanguine, throw soup too o grin
@winnie, so because your yansh big by mistake now we no go hear word again abi?tongue grin

Okay, ayaf finish doing those things that people do in their house when the wake up in the morning... #TYPING NEW UPDATE, check back in about 30 minutes time or more, depending on how long the spirit leads me to type.
Re: SCHOOL LIFE by 4kizo(m): 11:40am On Sep 23, 2013
Ok sir
Re: SCHOOL LIFE by Winnie1950(f): 11:48am On Sep 23, 2013
kingphilip:
no take am personal abeg na joke me de joke now
i understand, i was just going with the flow. I did not take it personal
Re: SCHOOL LIFE by beau49: 11:52am On Sep 23, 2013
Still following......
Re: SCHOOL LIFE by kingphilip(m): 11:52am On Sep 23, 2013
Winnie1950: i understand, i was just going with the flow. I did not take it personal
k i don begin wonder weda u wit p-square do collabo sing him personally
Re: SCHOOL LIFE by Winnie1950(f): 12:24pm On Sep 23, 2013
@winnie, so because your yansh big by mistake now we no go hear word again abi?tongue grin

i no get big yansh o. In fact my yansh dey flat like A4 paper embarassed

i no get big yansh o. In fact my yansh dey flat like A4 paper
Re: SCHOOL LIFE by Nobody: 1:32pm On Sep 23, 2013
Christar 1hr don pass sef...haba u no d try oo
Re: SCHOOL LIFE by Ghyft(f): 2:06pm On Sep 23, 2013
30 minutes na im chistar talk o.......d update don reach two hours lyk play lyk play......i'm losing my patience......pls update fast
Re: SCHOOL LIFE by Eniqurl(f): 2:14pm On Sep 23, 2013
Almst evry minz ah dey kum nairaland kum check if u dn update....nd u saed in 30minz tym abi...Issokay.
Re: SCHOOL LIFE by chistar01(m): 3:33pm On Sep 23, 2013
**continuation**

'So that's all I have for you today, don't forget to read on reproduction before our next class, I'll be asking questions and God bless you if you don't provide the answers. Good day class!'

'Good day ma!!!' The whole class literally screamed the reply as if to say 'get out ma!'.

And that was how the biology class ended and the teacher sluggishly strolled out of the class, she probably intentionally dragged her feet on the ground as she moved out, or maybe that was just my imagination.

Few minutes later immediately after she left, the class became rowdy as expected with different people making all sort of different noise, while some were lamenting on how boring the class was, others were already anticipating on how lively they expected the next class to be due to the topic that was presumed to be taught.

Dolls on the other hand was trying to update his note, the biology teacher had dictated too fast for him to keep up, little wonder why he didn't ask for my own note. I decided to let him finish before I remind him about the so called 'Ife Idea' but after about five minutes of staring at him continuously and he didn't seem to be concerned I had to do something before Ife left for her class.

'Guy!'

'Wetin?'

'Na that small note you dey copy since las year?' I asked him

'Wetin be your own? I no dey see wetin this mumu Efe dey write for hin note, abeg borrow me your own' he replied.

'Guy forget that thing first, you go do am later. How far this Ife parole na, you no wan help me punch her button again?'

'Oh! Na true self. I don forget oh, where she dey self?'

'She still dey where she dey before' I replied and pointed towards her direction, he took on quick glance at her and the packed his books into his locker then stood up and after saying; 'just go with the flow and follow my lead' he led the way, I followed as instructed.

We got to her locker almost immediately since it was barely a stone throw from mine and Dolls surprisingly jumped on her desk and sat down comfortably with a wide grin on his face.

'Hi!' He said. She ignored him at first, maybe because she didn't hear him or probably just didn't want to answer him, so he had to 'Hi' her again. This time she reluctantly rose he head from the novel she was reading and replied;

'What is it? Do I know you?!' She literally replied in a harsh tone, it was a James Hadley Chase novel, so I think I understand why she reacted that way.

'Err ... No you don't know me ... Yet. Am Dolapo by name' he then stretched his hands forward for a hand shake which was gracefully ignored.

'What do you want?' She asked coldly.

'Err, just a minute of your time, I just wanted to introduce you to my friend, Michael' he replied her and then winked at me which also meant I should make a move. I shook my head and silently asked him for what exactly am meant to say but he wasn't interested, he was about to point at me when I just jumped in and said;

'Hi, am the Michael he was just talking about' I replied smiling, it was one of those fake smiles though.

Funny enough and rather unexpected, she took a glimpse at me and then offered me her hand with a weak smile on her face.

'So now that I've introduce you guys, Michael where is your biology note?' I could sense he was about to leave I and Ife all alone and I wasn't ready for that but I knew Dolls would leave us anyway so I just told him where the note was and after saying a quick silent prayer, I sat beside her.

We both stared at each other for about a century before she broke the silence;
'Errr ... Is this a staring completion?' She asked smiling. That question reminded me of Jane, because she one asked me a similar question and I thought about giving Ife same reply but something stopped me(she might not find it funny, I thought).

'No actually. Errr.. Let's start all over if you don't mind' I replied.

'Okay...'

'Alright, am Michael'

'Nice to meet you Michael' she replied. I suddenly bursted out in laughter and that made her shocked, 'what's funny?' She asked.

'Nothing o, its just that this is supposed to be the part you tell me your name but you obviously don't want to do the same even though courtesy demands it' I replied with a straight face.

'Oh... My bad. Am Ifelola, but friends call me just Ife'

'Okay, cool. So am to call you just Ife na right?'

'Errrr... That depends, are you a friend?' She replied smiling.

'We would know in due time.' I replied and another century of silence followed suit only for it to be broken this time by me.

'Errr... You a JMC fan?' I asked.

'What's JMC?' She looked sincerely confused.

'James Hadley Chase...' I replied feeling smart, silly me.

'Oh, err.. Not really. I read almost anything as long as it's a novel then I'm gonna read it. Why do you ask self? Its not like you know anything about novels'

I rose and eyebrow and asked what she meant by that.

'Isn't it obvious, most guys find reading novels boring and for girls only, they would rather go around chasing and kicking tiny ball round a field'

'Hmmm, you are right and yet, wrong' I replied.

'How so?'

'Okay, I love football, no doubt but I also read a lot of novels too, I can bet you haven't read as much as me self' I replied smiling.

'Hmmm, that's not true, you haven't read half of what I have read.'

'Really? Φk♠γ̲̣̣̥., have you read 'Black' by Ted something, can't recall his full name?' I asked.

'No, have you read...'

We kept on arguing and naming novels we had read, I was lucky to have gotten her soft spot and was ready to use it to my advantage, girls and human beings in general get loosen up when they find somehow have similar interests with them, and for Ife it was novel reading, I silently thanked God for making my sister buy a lot of novels when we were growing up, if not I might not have had anything to gist with Ife.

Time flew by so fast and she was forced to go back to her class since her next teacher was already in her class, but before she went I made her promise to hook up with me later on.

Few minutes later, my own next teacher came in the class and the rest of the day was filled with different teachers coming in and going out, I had little time to even think about Ife or what would happen next between us.

Saturday! *sighs* a perfect day filled with early morning hard core general cleaning up and there after joblessness and doing absolutely nothing unless seniors start to send you on errands.

I woke up on the right side of the bed and was in fantastic mood, I did my morning duty quickly and inspection came and went in a twinkle of an eyes with no hurdles to cross, up next was breakfast, went to the dining hall and although there was a little drama on who was going to serve and how the person who served stroked me, I didn't let that spoil mu awesome mood.

Why was I so happy? Let me take you back to two days ago, thursday to be specific.

THURSDAY.

'Guy, make we dey go prep na!' I told Dolls that evening as I we were both ready but for some reasons, hadn't gone yet. He replied in the affirmative and off we went.

Class wasn't as rowdy as it usually was and I really don't know why but couldn't care any lesser, I had finally moved on from the Jane story and even had another girl on my radar although I hadn't made any serious move yet, we were still just friend, good friends you might want to add.

So I went to my class, dropped my books in my locker and just as Dolls left the class in search of his girl friend or any girl to 'feel alright' with before prep started, I went in search of Ife too.

She was in her class with her head placed on her desk reading a novel as usual.

'Knock knock' I said as I sat beside her to get her attention.

'Hey! What's up na' she replied smiling and obviously happy to see me.

'Bush woman, you don't know the 'knock knock' joke? You are meant to say 'who is there' and when I reply let's say 'kick' you say 'kick who?' And I say 'Kick my ass' or something funny' I explained to her.

She allowed to blab finish before she bursted out in laughter, somewhere in between laughing she asked;
'So how exactly is that funny? Dry goat' she replied me.

She was actually a very free person and we actually yarbed ourselves a lot, although just jokingly.

Anyway, after we finished yarbing ourselves, I decided it was time to get serious and for once, go ahead and do what I want to do without Dolls guidance. I liked her very much (maybe not love yet) and she liked me too, I didn't need to be told.

So I cleared my throat and said;
'Lola' I rarely called her that so when I did, she knew I was serious.

'What's the problem?' She asked with a worrisome look.

'Problem? Hell no! I just want to tell you something and ask you a question'

'Hmmm, which one exactly do you want to do? Tell me something or ask a question?' She replied, smiling, she looked relieved since I told her there wasn't a problem.

'Both actually, I have to tell you the something before I ask you a question, concerning the something'

'Okay, so what it this something?'

'Errr... Errmm..' I stuttered.

'Errrm what? Talk na, you are making me really curious'

Suddenly, I blurted out; 'I like you!'

Firstly, she looked surprised then the looked turned into confusion, then slowly into a smile before she finally said;
'I know you do na, is that what you were stuttering over?'

'No no no... Its like you don't get my point.'

'So what's your point?' She asked and the confused look resurfaced.

'Lola, when ever I go to bed at night, you are the last person I think about, when I wake, you are the first that crosses my mind, I dream about you every night, when I close my eyes I see you, I can't think straight anymore because you are all that's in my head, you are the one that I fantasize all day about, a minute without you is like a minute without oxygen, you are the air I breathe you are the this, you are the that and you are the those...' I went on blabbing and blabbing about how I felt about her while she looked shocked and transfixed on a spot staring and listening to everything I said.

Even when I was done all she could say was;
'Wow' frankly speaking, I really deserved that wow because I couldn't believe what I just told her myself.

'So now to the question part' I replied her 'wow'.

'Errmm.. Oh.. Ermm.. Okay, yea, what's the question?' She asked stuttering.

For a moment I paused and thought, if I asked her to be my girlfriend that would sound weird in my mouth so I tried another approach;

'Ife, is the feeling mutual? Do you feel the same way about me?' She looked shocked and I had expected that so I patiently waited for a reply.

'Err.. You don't want to reply?' I asked after about a minute of silence.

'Michael, I need to think about this' she replied.

'Think about what? If you feel the same you would know na, its not like am asking you for your kidney' I replied and smiled to ease the tension that was piling up already.

'Michael, its more complicated than you think. I like you, God knows I do but I don't know if am ready for what you are asking for' she replied.

I could sense she was quite right and forcing a reply out of he mouth wasn't going to be a good idea so I took a deep breath and asked;

'So how much time do you need?'

'I don't know, maybe a week'

'A WEEK!!! Are you planning of killing me with heart attack and high blood pressure?' I asked looking surprised.

'I need enough time na'

'Okay how about I give you a day?'

'A day? That's two small, okay how about monday next week?'

We kept on debating on a date until I somehow won and we settled for saturday.

So when I woke up that saturday morning with a smile on my face, I smiled because I was gonna get a reply before the day ran out and I was expecting a 'yes' but maybe I shouldn't have be excited.

TO BE CONTINUED.

2 Likes

Re: SCHOOL LIFE by chistar01(m): 3:36pm On Sep 23, 2013
Okay, I DID IT!!! The devil didn't want me to update since, MTN is a goat! A big goat, I had to copy the thing on a flash and run to a cafe before I could update it, thanks for waiting.
Re: SCHOOL LIFE by Sanguine(f): 3:42pm On Sep 23, 2013
Haba! You this man! Na woman go kili you! grin tongue
Re: SCHOOL LIFE by chistar01(m): 3:46pm On Sep 23, 2013
Sanguine: Haba! You this man! Na woman go kili you! grin tongue
lol... if na woman, I suppose don die since grin
Re: SCHOOL LIFE by Daniel2802(m): 3:48pm On Sep 23, 2013
chistar01: Okay, I DID IT!!! The devil didn't want me to update since, MTN is a goat! A big goat, I had to copy the thing on a flash and run to a cafe before I could update it, thanks for waiting.
you are welcome
Re: SCHOOL LIFE by chinedumo(m): 3:49pm On Sep 23, 2013
Ur technique is nice but i wont recommend it.

A woman turning a man down is not a crime.

I am yet to see anything that should prevent her from turning you down legit.
Re: SCHOOL LIFE by kingphilip(m): 4:02pm On Sep 23, 2013
chistar01: Okay, I DID IT!!! The devil didn't want me to update since, MTN is a goat! A big goat, I had to copy the thing on a flash and run to a cafe before I could update it, thanks for waiting.
tnx for going out of ur way for us.... dat network no make sense av al
Re: SCHOOL LIFE by chistar01(m): 4:20pm On Sep 23, 2013
chinedumo: Ur technique is nice but i wont recommend it.

A woman turning a man down is not a crime.

I am yet to see anything that should prevent her from turning you down legit.
hmmmm... Technique? Lol, what tech r you talking about?
Daniel2802:
you are welcome
alrighty
kingphilip:
tnx for going out of ur way for us.... dat network no make sense av al
abi oh, mtn on a normal day sucks then rain now fell to worsen the situation, proudly using my etisalat atm.
Re: SCHOOL LIFE by Eniqurl(f): 4:36pm On Sep 23, 2013
Walai i cant wait for d next update, yepa! Wat wil be her reply Update 1 mre today oh cuz u'v 4ked up alrdy.
Re: SCHOOL LIFE by kingphilip(m): 5:04pm On Sep 23, 2013
Eni~girl:
Walai i cant wait for d next update, yepa! Wat wil be her reply Update 1 mre today oh cuz u'v 4ked up alrdy.

no be him na mtn cause am
Re: SCHOOL LIFE by Eniqurl(f): 5:10pm On Sep 23, 2013
kingphilip:

no be him na mtn cause am
ehya, mke hym kpele, all d same 1 mre update...i jez wahn kn her reply.
Re: SCHOOL LIFE by macdanny247(m): 6:05pm On Sep 23, 2013
*walks in2 thread* caught chistar01 toasting my gal, i wil call spring up for u....
Re: SCHOOL LIFE by kingphilip(m): 6:12pm On Sep 23, 2013
Eni~girl:
ehya, mke hym kpele, all d same 1 mre update...i jez wahn kn her reply.

i second and support...oga chistar dash us dinner b4 u slip o
Re: SCHOOL LIFE by 4kizo(m): 6:48pm On Sep 23, 2013
#finishes my remaining bunce and gush it down with a chilled COKA-COLA.# chister more inks to ur pen.
Re: SCHOOL LIFE by ninja4life(m): 8:13pm On Sep 23, 2013
Haha lmao nice one
Re: SCHOOL LIFE by chinedumo(m): 9:54pm On Sep 23, 2013
chistar01: hmmmm... Technique? Lol, what tech r you talking about?.

presurizing a gal to accept your romantic request.
Re: SCHOOL LIFE by Yettocome(m): 10:38pm On Sep 23, 2013
Just strolling by.... sad
Re: SCHOOL LIFE by BabieGhagha(f): 4:20pm On Sep 24, 2013
thanks 4 d update
Re: SCHOOL LIFE by Mcmooney(m): 4:47pm On Sep 24, 2013
A good loud fart is
honourable, A medium fart is
tolerable, softer windbreaks
are terrible and silent ones
unbearable. If u dont wanna get any of dis, oya come update ASAP!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (30) (Reply)

FEIRE - A Romance Story / TAMISHO - My Story. My Life / Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.