Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,515 members, 7,836,969 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:09 PM

Long Distance Relationship - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Long Distance Relationship (1005 Views)

Does Long Distance Relationship Ever Work Out????? / Signs That Your Long Distance Relationship Is Fading / Romantic Love Text Message And Advice For Distance Relationships (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Long Distance Relationship by travis78(m): 2:25pm On Jun 06, 2008
i was once involved in a relationship with a girl that resides in London.for almost a year,we had things going for us,even to the point that she told me she'll ve coming back to Nigeria coz of me,but suddenly she stopped taking my call,replying my mails and then changed her mobile number.till now,no reason whatsoever.
Re: Long Distance Relationship by fulldepth(m): 2:32pm On Jun 06, 2008
mumu, she don find one lovely RUBEN wey dey burantash am,  grin grin
this kind of relationship is on a 10 : 90 ratio.
its not 50:50
the[b] Scambo [/b] don give herself brain, so u sef, give yourself brain.
Re: Long Distance Relationship by buzyDiva(f): 2:33pm On Jun 06, 2008
Long Distance don't work!!!!
Re: Long Distance Relationship by Nobody: 2:34pm On Jun 06, 2008
buzyDiva:

LOL!! busta, so fun wa. bawo le se moh? grin
Re: Long Distance Relationship by Nobody: 2:35pm On Jun 06, 2008
full depth:

mumu, she don find one lovely RUBEN wey dey burantash am, grin grin
this kind of relationship is on a 10 : 90 ratio.
its not 50:50
the Scambo don give herself brain, so u sef, give yourself brain.

ROTFLMAO
Re: Long Distance Relationship by beauteous(f): 2:35pm On Jun 06, 2008
buzyDiva:

REAL!!!
Re: Long Distance Relationship by Nobody: 7:21pm On Jun 06, 2008
U'll die young with worries.
Even married people find it In short i no know the word to use qualify am.
Re: Long Distance Relationship by squirrel20(f): 7:26pm On Jun 06, 2008
All this long distance thing sef, i dnt believe in it cos it hardly works.
Re: Long Distance Relationship by DaPhoenix(f): 7:39pm On Jun 06, 2008
buzyDiva:

I hope some male Nairalanders are reading this. Don't IM me and say you saw me as your girlfriend in your dream/vision meanwhile we are in different continents. It won't work!
Re: Long Distance Relationship by travis78(m): 11:03pm On Jun 06, 2008
well,for a while i thot it would work because i have an elder brother who's happily married to German and they live happily with their son.there met through the net and after about a year of internet dating(long distance relationship),she came to Nigeria,saw my brother and b4 anyone could shout BOMSHAKALAKA,they were married.
for me i guess it's because it's a naija babe.i dont think naija babes could be trusted in that area.
Re: Long Distance Relationship by 4Him1(m): 11:09pm On Jun 06, 2008
sometimes it does sometimes it doesnt that's why both parties who do so must go with eyes wide open to potential dangers lurking. Going almost 1 yr without seeing the girl u're supposed to be dating is not too cool . . . at least make a conscious effort to see her more often and spend quality time with her.

I dont blame the chic, once she found someone who could give her the physical touch she craved you became history. There was nothing she could remember you by besides emails and phone calls. e no easy sometimes but it works if both are determined and love each other enough.

looks like Busta's tried it and been burnt once eh.
Re: Long Distance Relationship by Nobody: 11:37pm On Jun 06, 2008
4 Him:

sometimes it does sometimes it doesnt that's why both parties who do so must go with eyes wide open to potential dangers lurking. Going almost 1 yr without seeing the girl u're supposed to be dating is not too cool . . . at least make a conscious effort to see her more often and spend quality time with her.

I don't blame the chic, once she found someone who could give her the physical touch she craved you became history. There was nothing she could remember you by besides emails and phone calls. e no easy sometimes but it works if both are determined and love each other enough.

looks like Busta's tried it and been burnt once eh.

yea, I have to agree with you on this.
It may work, it may not work embarassed
Re: Long Distance Relationship by Esss(m): 11:44pm On Jun 06, 2008
This isnt encouraging at all. My girlfriend will be moving away for about a year and half, we have been dating for about three years. So does this mean the end??
Nobody even try support the long distance waka.

Kia!! I'm finished be this. Shes my yesterday, today and my tomorrow. I'm keeping hope alive on this one.
Re: Long Distance Relationship by buzyDiva(f): 12:18am On Jun 07, 2008
I will say it again . . if u can give it a try and all u got. it doesn't work . . one way of the other, one of either party will get feed up of the whole thing.

- you feel lonely and empty, emotionally depressed especially when u see ur friends with their partners
- one or both parties might decide to Settle for a temporary replacement/backup
- always a huge room for Suspicion
- it turns u into a control freak, u wanna know what the other person is doing, where they're going, who they're going with, wats for dinner, lunch, why didn't u call me last night? blah, blah, blah . . which then leads to
- countless misunderstandings and jealousy. . one partner trynna defend themselves and keep their stands
- Not being there for the other person when u need them the most, lackof intimacy
- before u know it . . .communication breaks down and one partner seems to start getting not interested
- too expensive, cost of travelling, phone cards, etc

I can keep going on and on . . not worth it.
Re: Long Distance Relationship by jgirl3: 12:20am On Jun 07, 2008
Esss:

This isnt encouraging at all. My girlfriend will be moving away for about a year and half, we have been dating for about three years. So does this mean the end??
Nobody even try support the long distance waka.

Kia!! I'm finished be this. Shes my yesterday, today and my tomorrow. I'm keeping hope alive on this one.
LMAO! Esssss - abeg, I can't laugh this evening. Take it easy. . . . .

@ Poster - LDR is evil, frustrating and just downright stupid. If I had my chance, I would go for a guy who's attentive, loves me and all that in my own location rather than be supporting myself with chats and telephones. Like someone said - it's probably that she realized she can't cope with you being so far and she settled for her own guy around her. . . . . .

. . . . why am i getting ideas? embarassed

buzyDiva:

I will say it again . . if u can give it a try and all u got. it doesn't work . . one way of the other, one of either party will get feed up of the whole thing.

- you feel lonely and empty, emotionally depressed especially when u see your friends with their partners
- one or both parties might decide to Settle for a temporary replacement/backup
- always a huge room for Suspicion
- it turns u into a control freak, u want to know what the other person is doing, where they're going, who they're going with, wats for dinner, lunch, why didn't u call me last night? blah, blah, blah . . which then leads to
- countless misunderstandings and jealousy. . one partner trynna defend themselves and keep their stands
- Not being there for the other person when u need them the most, lackof intimacy
- before u know it . . .communication breaks down and one partner seems to start getting not interested
- too expensive, cost of travelling, phone cards, etc

I can keep going on and on . . not worth it.
Exactly. . . .Buzy - it seems you've been down that road too many times for your own comfort.
Re: Long Distance Relationship by debosky(m): 12:43am On Jun 07, 2008
it can be tough but it does work - but only with MAXIMUM effort. It also helps if you have spent significant time with the person in the same place for a period of time before long distance starts, or that you try to meet up as frequently as possible - once a year at the very minimum.

Finally you need to spend a month or so in the same location together before moving on in marriage or anything to see those things that a LDR cannot reveal to you - personal habits and behaviour up close and personal.

That said, it doesn't work for MOST people - you need to be really committed and determined to make it work, with enough support around you too - If everyone around keeps telling you it won't work, it likely won't because they won't help you hold on.

@ Esss

given you've been together 3 years on the go, a year and a half is not too much that you can't keep it going, just make sure you see her at least once during that period to ensure you guys remain on the same frequency.

Communication is tough, but you know what? It is doable - not for everyone like I said, but still achievable if both of you give it your all.

As for the OP, she simply moved on and didn't have the guts to tell you, very unfortunate. I don't think its due solely to the long dist, something else must've happened to change her mind
Re: Long Distance Relationship by 4Him1(m): 12:49am On Jun 07, 2008
debosky:

it can be tough but it does work - but only with MAXIMUM effort. It also helps if you have spent significant time with the person in the same place for a period of time before long distance starts, or that you try to meet up as frequently as possible - once a year at the very minimum.

correct.
Re: Long Distance Relationship by Esss(m): 1:13am On Jun 07, 2008
Thanks for the encouragement. But you guys have already planted the seed.

I've really given the whole thing alot of thought and I'm pretty scared. Not because I think shes gonna cheat, but she just might call me one day and call it quits. My world will just collapse. How do I start all over again?? I'm even thinking of moving with her just that it would not be convinient at all. And what are the chances that she wouldnt find someone else who will give her more than I have to offer. She means more than I can tell you guys and this is real talk. If I tell her not to go then I'll just be plain selfish and I doubt she'll even listen to me.

Omo life is a real bitch. On a scale 1 to 100, what are tha chances of a long distance relationship surviving. I'm not talking bout lagos port-harcourt relationship o!! I'm talking bout trans-atlantic. I need something to reassure myself that it is going to be alright.

Now I'm really freaking out.
Re: Long Distance Relationship by 4Him1(m): 1:18am On Jun 07, 2008
Esss what if you both were married and she had to go away for 2 yrs? Your marriage would collapse?
Whether LDR's work or not is dependent on those involved, if you want it to work it will if not there's no point punishing urself.
If you both love urself then distance shld not be more than a mild irritant.
Re: Long Distance Relationship by earthrealm(m): 1:32am On Jun 07, 2008
4 every 98 people that says it doesnt work,,,,
there are 2 people out there who says it works,

though they r on the minority, the magis is 4 the people involved to be serious n focused, with a lil travelling to see each other once in a while, lag / abj has a chance of working.but lagos london, hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm unless u are a gates or an onassis, ur chances are below 0.4%, [mark it, i said 0.4%, so there is still a slim chance that it will

(1) (Reply)

I Have Problems Confronting Ladies Could Any Body Help Me! / Marriage: Relationship Or Contract? / Strenght Of A Woman Or Juju?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.