Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,171 members, 7,815,095 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:12 AM

Ways To Get God To Answer Your Prayers - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Ways To Get God To Answer Your Prayers (24648 Views)

5 Reasons God Doesn’t Answer Your Prayers / Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven / When God Does Not Answer Your Prayers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ways To Get God To Answer Your Prayers by shdemidemi(m): 8:49pm On Aug 18, 2013
The bible says
Romans 8

26 Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: [b]for we know not what we should pray for as we ought:[/b]but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.

Every one pray according to their own selfish needs, but God says I knew you before you were born, I have predestined you and I have called you according to my will and purpose. The bible says everything (good, bad, ugly) works together for good for us who love God hence the best prayer any matured Christian can pray is for the will of God concerning him/her to come to past.

Therefore, I disagree with all the formulas of the OP cos God will have mercy upon whom he would have mercy on regardless of prayers.
Re: Ways To Get God To Answer Your Prayers by Nobody: 9:14pm On Aug 18, 2013
shdemidemi: The bible says
Romans 8

26 Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought:[/b]but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.

Every one pray according to their own selfish needs, but God says I knew you before you were born, I have predestined you and I have called you according to my will and purpose. The bible says everything (good, bad, ugly) works together for good for us who love God hence the best prayer [b]any matured Christian can pray is for the will of God concerning him/her to come to past.

Therefore, I disagree with all the formulas of the OP cos God will have mercy upon whom he would have mercy on regardless of prayers.
So then what is the will of God?
Re: Ways To Get God To Answer Your Prayers by shdemidemi(m): 9:20pm On Aug 18, 2013
Bidam: So then what is the will of God?

Only God knows

Romans 8

27 And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God.

The Spirit of God in believers makes intercession and prayers for us(believers) according to God's will.
Re: Ways To Get God To Answer Your Prayers by Nobody: 9:35pm On Aug 18, 2013
shdemidemi:

Only God knows

Romans 8

27 And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God.

The Spirit of God in believers makes intercession and prayers for us(believers) according to God's will.
How can only God knows the will of God? Remember we have the Holy Spirit who knows the mind of God.The scripture you even quoted makes that very clearer.

1 Like

Re: Ways To Get God To Answer Your Prayers by shdemidemi(m): 10:11pm On Aug 18, 2013
Bidam: How can only God knows the will of God? Remember we have the Holy Spirit who knows the mind of God.The scripture you even quoted makes that very clearer.

Don't you know we have the Spirit of God in us as a down payment?

Only God knows the will of God, no man does.
Romans 8

9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the [b]Spirit of God [/b]dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

15 For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.
Re: Ways To Get God To Answer Your Prayers by clintonEmele(m): 10:50pm On Aug 18, 2013
Preceedo: 4. S- speak-in-tongue, many erroneously believe dat speaking in tongue is unbiblical. Well, I wont try to argue any point. But as for those dat believe in it, we know its d greatest way of pouring out ur burden unto God- read 1 sam 1:1-18. Take note of verse 12&13-"Hannah continued to pray to the lord for long time and Eli watched her lips: She was praying silently but she made no sound and ELI THOUGHT SHE WAS DRUNK." you know what followed was a bouncing baby boy- who later became the first prophet in Israel. Also, in book of Romans, it is recorded dat "the spirit helps us to express Groanings dat cannot be uttered". There are some things you need but you do not know but God's spirit knows them all so when you speak in tongue you activate spiritual knowledge to intercede on ur behalf. In addition, you can never ask amiss or repeat vain words, dat jesus warned against, when u speak in tongue. For baptism of the Holy spirit, see ur pastor it is very easy just by laying of hands you begin to speak- oh what a joy you will feel. So, learn to pray in tongues most of the time. It gives d devil headache coz he does not understand!! 5. H- humility, brethren nothing irritates God like pride. I am still surprise why God hates pride this much. The worst thing you can do to urself is to be prideful. Hear what God says about pride "Pride goes before DESTRUCTION." HUMILITY is what God loves the most- Jesus humble lifestyle was so pleasing to God that GOD declared dat Jesus was no longer a SON but GOd himself. Bishop once called pastor E.A Adeboye @ 5 o'clock in d morning and shouted "daddy, daddy, God has just shown me ur secret!" "what has baba said again?" Daddy Adeboye asked in his usual slow but firm speech "God says HUMILITY is what brought you where you are and nothing else." If u really know Daddy Adeboye, you dont need to look for another humble man. He is down-to-earth to the core. Back to our point, jesus earned himself all the powers in the world through humility not power or fasting and prayer. God does not deal with a sinner BUT if the sinner is humble GOD will do something to win him at all cost. Humility carries you closer to God nd if you are close to God why would ur prayer suffer delay? 6.I- Indignation against Ungodliness, you know what? God does not only expect you to be holy alone, He wants you to hate Ungodliness. Lets look at Jesus' lifesyle, when he went to the temple he saw people trading. As a holy man he should have just entered pray and go back but NO, not for a man like Jesus dat hates sin with passion. Do you watch errotic Nollywood movies, Do you follow secular musicians on social media? Do you buy secular musics dat are filled with dirty lyrics lyk "all i need is ur waist." Do u still watch BLUE FILMS and say its not sin? Brethren, you must not only be holy you must also hate ungoodliness nd Indiscipline. Lets criticise "Dirty scenes" on nollywood. Lets stop calling unclothedness fair names like "bikini body","sexy" etc. To enjoy undelayed answers to ur prayers i advice you to hate SIN in all its shade or ramification. 7.P- persevere, brethren dont pray once and say God does not care. You might never know dis about God which is "If ur problems draw you to God in prayer, he will delay ur answers UNTIL PRAYING BECOMES SOMETHING YOU CAN NO LONGER DO WITHOUT. JUST LIKE ADDICTIONS". Persevere! hold unto God. Just like Jacob who said "i will never let go unless am blessed" Start to "pressurize" God in ur prayers. He is not wicked, he will eventually do it for you! These steps are not for all but as for the few dat seeks intimate fellowship with GOD. once again SHALOM in jesus name (Amen)
.faith is anoda key.read mark 11: 23-25
Re: Ways To Get God To Answer Your Prayers by Revolva(m): 11:46pm On Aug 18, 2013
grin na wa ooo..na una go tell people how to get their prayer answered by God grin..what if all these prayer we shout n say ..are not the best way to talk to our God or gods..or its just a waste of time..nkor..i sometimes wonder
Re: Ways To Get God To Answer Your Prayers by Elxandre(m): 2:29am On Aug 19, 2013
I think Holiness, faith, and knowledge ot the Word are the key things.
I'm shocked people say Kenneth Hagin is a false teacher! My life has never been the same since i read his books about application of THE WORD through FAITH..
Once you are obedient to God's word, and possess the holy spirit who will help you intercede in prayer, you wont find it difficult receiving from God anymore.
Faith is key though, because you cant please God without faith (hebrews 11:6). Nd faith comes by hearing the word of God (romans 10:17) and applying it.
Someone just said its only God who knows what we want and we need not ask God. But i would like to point out that in mark 11:24 Jesus instructed us to Ask from God whatever by faith and it will be given.
Just take God for his words in other words! tell him to fufill his word in your life.
Frosbel can keep defaming a pastor (Kenneth hagin) who stuck rigidly to the Word, but as for me, That man's writeups helped save me from sliding out of xtainity. I'll still talk about this when i'm less busy with my life...

1 Like

Re: Ways To Get God To Answer Your Prayers by ponco: 2:55am On Aug 19, 2013
paulkins: i want God to deliver me frm smoking and drinking..
It is well with you, when you wake up every morning , say, I am free from smoking and drinking in Jesus Name 7 times every day , do not miss it, even if you drank to stupor the day before and smoked 1000 cigarette sticks the day before, let nothing discourage you from waking in the morning, looking at yourself in the mirror devoid of any guilt and shame and saying , i am free from smoking and drinking in Jesus Name 7 times.
Re: Ways To Get God To Answer Your Prayers by God2man(m): 4:05am On Aug 19, 2013
Preceedo: 4. S- speak-in-tongue, many erroneously believe dat speaking in tongue is unbiblical. Well, I wont try to argue any point. But as for those dat believe in it, we know its d greatest way of pouring out ur burden unto God- read 1 sam 1:1-18. Take note of verse 12&13-"Hannah continued to pray to the lord for long time and Eli watched her lips: She was praying silently but she made no sound and ELI THOUGHT SHE WAS DRUNK." you know what followed was a bouncing baby boy- who later became the first prophet in Israel. Also, in book of Romans, it is recorded dat "the spirit helps us to express Groanings dat cannot be uttered". There are some things you need but you do not know but God's spirit knows them all so when you speak in tongue you activate spiritual knowledge to intercede on ur behalf. In addition, you can never ask amiss or repeat vain words, dat jesus warned against, when u speak in tongue. For baptism of the Holy spirit, see ur pastor it is very easy just by laying of hands you begin to speak- oh what a joy you will feel. So, learn to pray in tongues most of the time. It gives d devil headache coz he does not understand!! 5. H- humility, brethren nothing irritates God like pride. I am still surprise why God hates pride this much. The worst thing you can do to urself is to be prideful. Hear what God says about pride "Pride goes before DESTRUCTION." HUMILITY is what God loves the most- Jesus humble lifestyle was so pleasing to God that GOD declared dat Jesus was no longer a SON but GOd himself. Bishop once called pastor E.A Adeboye @ 5 o'clock in d morning and shouted "daddy, daddy, God has just shown me ur secret!" "what has baba said again?" Daddy Adeboye asked in his usual slow but firm speech "God says HUMILITY is what brought you where you are and nothing else." If u really know Daddy Adeboye, you dont need to look for another humble man. He is down-to-earth to the core. Back to our point, jesus earned himself all the powers in the world through humility not power or fasting and prayer. God does not deal with a sinner BUT if the sinner is humble GOD will do something to win him at all cost. Humility carries you closer to God nd if you are close to God why would ur prayer suffer delay? 6.I- Indignation against Ungodliness, you know what? God does not only expect you to be holy alone, He wants you to hate Ungodliness. Lets look at Jesus' lifesyle, when he went to the temple he saw people trading. As a holy man he should have just entered pray and go back but NO, not for a man like Jesus dat hates sin with passion. Do you watch errotic Nollywood movies, Do you follow secular musicians on social media? Do you buy secular musics dat are filled with dirty lyrics lyk "all i need is ur waist." Do u still watch BLUE FILMS and say its not sin? Brethren, you must not only be holy you must also hate ungoodliness nd Indiscipline. Lets criticise "Dirty scenes" on nollywood. Lets stop calling unclothedness fair names like "bikini body","sexy" etc. To enjoy undelayed answers to ur prayers i advice you to hate SIN in all its shade or ramification. 7.P- persevere, brethren dont pray once and say God does not care. You might never know dis about God which is "If ur problems draw you to God in prayer, he will delay ur answers UNTIL PRAYING BECOMES SOMETHING YOU CAN NO LONGER DO WITHOUT. JUST LIKE ADDICTIONS". Persevere! hold unto God. Just like Jacob who said "i will never let go unless am blessed" Start to "pressurize" God in ur prayers. He is not wicked, he will eventually do it for you! These steps are not for all but as for the few dat seeks intimate fellowship with GOD. once again SHALOM in jesus name (Amen)

Great sermon. 1 million likes.

1 Like

Re: Ways To Get God To Answer Your Prayers by MariaGoretti: 6:09am On Aug 19, 2013
sorry o, speaking in tongues, isnt that one of the spiritual gifts?
And to my understanding, to each person a different gift is given...what if that isnt given to you?
Re: Ways To Get God To Answer Your Prayers by Preceedo(m): 6:48am On Aug 19, 2013
Maria-Goretti:
sorry o, speaking in tongues, isnt that one of the spiritual gifts?
And to my understanding, to each person a different gift is given...what if that isnt given to you?
you are somewhat right. Because, it is a spiritual gift. If you study the bible dilingently, you will discver dat speaking in tongue is a SIGN dat must accompany baptism of the holy spirit. Speaking in tongues is a gift accessible to everybody dat recieives the holy spirit. acts 2:4 says-"And they were ALL filled with the holy spirit and began to speak in Tongues. So, brother it is a gift to all dat comes with our baptism.Speaking In Tongue is a gift ALL must have. THANKS

1 Like

Re: Ways To Get God To Answer Your Prayers by Nobody: 7:00am On Aug 19, 2013
shdemidemi:

Don't you know we have the Spirit of God in us as a down payment?

Only God knows the will of God, no man does.
Romans 8

9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God [/b]dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

15 For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.
We are talking about praying according to God's will here.Have you read where Paul said i will pray in the Spirit and i will pray in my understanding also.What do you think he meant by that?
I will pray with [b]the spirit
, and I will also pray with my understanding. I will sing with the spirit, and I will also sing with my understanding 1 Corinthians 14:15,
Re: Ways To Get God To Answer Your Prayers by shdemidemi(m): 7:36am On Aug 19, 2013
Bidam: We are talking about praying according to God's will here.Have you read where Paul said i will pray in the Spirit and i will pray in my understanding also.What do you think he meant by that?
I will pray with the spirit, and I will also pray with my understanding. I will sing with the spirit, and I will also sing with my understanding 1 Corinthians 14:15,

You have to note the difference between 'spirit' and 'Spirit'.

Romans 8

16 The Spirit (God)itself beareth witness with our spirit that we are the children of God:

Notice the Holy Spirit always start with a capital letter 's' but our spirit starts with a small letter 's'.
Re: Ways To Get God To Answer Your Prayers by TCUBE(m): 7:46am On Aug 19, 2013
Faith and Thanksgiving.
Re: Ways To Get God To Answer Your Prayers by shdemidemi(m): 7:57am On Aug 19, 2013
Matthew 6
31 Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed?

32 ) for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things.

Unfortunately, these things God calls 'things' are the major crux of our prayers thus the bible says we know not how to pray as we ought.

You would never see any apostle pray for similar things we pray for today although they must have had material needs too, but material needs counted to nothing because of their understanding of the word of God.
Re: Ways To Get God To Answer Your Prayers by MariaGoretti: 7:57am On Aug 19, 2013
Preceedo: you are somewhat right. Because, it is a spiritual gift. If you study the bible dilingently, you will discver dat speaking in tongue is a SIGN dat must accompany baptism of the holy spirit. Speaking in tongues is a gift accessible to everybody dat recieives the holy spirit. acts 2:4 says-"And they were ALL filled with the holy spirit and began to speak in Tongues. So, brother it is a gift to all dat comes with our baptism.Speaking In Tongue is a gift ALL must have. THANKS
um, a must?
Acts 2:4
''they were all filled with the holyspirit and began to speak in OTHER LANGUAGES, as the spirit enabled them to speak.
vs 6
''THEY WERE ALL EXCITED, BECAUSE ALL OF THEM HEARD THE BELEIVERS SPEAKING IN THEIR OWN LANGUAGE..''

Is that what you mean by speaking in tongues?
Re: Ways To Get God To Answer Your Prayers by Nobody: 8:55am On Aug 19, 2013
shdemidemi:

You have to note the difference between 'spirit' and 'Spirit'.

Romans 8

16 The Spirit (God)itself beareth witness with our spirit that we are the children of God:

Notice the Holy Spirit always start with a capital letter 's' but our spirit starts with a small letter 's'.
I know that,the point i am trying to get to you is that prayer can be learned. In fact it must be. The disciples asked Jesus, “Teach us to pray.” And He did. Although I feel as though I know so little, I have learned some things I can share with you that will help your understanding. However, remember, prayer is not by formula or head knowledge; it is by the Spirit, from the heart!

For if I pray in an [unknown] tongue, my spirit (by the Holy Spirit within me) prays, but my mind is unproductive [it bears no fruit and helps nobody]. Then what am I to do? I will pray with my spirit [by the Holy Spirit that is within me], but I will also pray [intelligently] with my mind and understanding (I Corinthians 14:14-15, The Amplified Bible).

Romans 8:5 tells us to set our minds on the things of the Spirit. That means our heads should take orders from our hearts! Your head is designed by God to hear from your heart.

1 Like

Re: Ways To Get God To Answer Your Prayers by shdemidemi(m): 11:38am On Aug 19, 2013
Bidam: I know that,the point i am trying to get to you is that prayer can be learned. In fact it must be. The disciples asked Jesus, “Teach us to pray.” And He did. Although I feel as though I know so little, I have learned some things I can share with you that will help your understanding. However, remember, prayer is not by formula or head knowledge; it is by the Spirit, from the heart!

For if I pray in an [unknown] tongue, my spirit (by the Holy Spirit within me) prays, but my mind is unproductive [it bears no fruit and helps nobody]. Then what am I to do? I will pray with my spirit [by the Holy Spirit that is within me], but I will also pray [intelligently] with my mind and understanding (I Corinthians 14:14-15, The Amplified Bible).

Romans 8:5 tells us to set our minds on the things of the Spirit. That means our heads should take orders from our hearts! Your head is designed by God to hear from your heart.

Your inference is debatable because the bible says the heart of you and I is evil, desperately wicked who can comprehend it. Jeremiah 17:9

Minding the things of the Spirit simply means minding the things of God, it has nothing to do with our head and our heart.
Re: Ways To Get God To Answer Your Prayers by Nobody: 11:56am On Aug 19, 2013
shdemidemi:
[/b]
Your inference is debatable because the bible says the heart of you and I is evil, desperately wicked who can comprehend it. Jeremiah 17:9

Minding the things of the Spirit simply means minding the things of God, it has nothing to do with our head and our heart.
In Christ the heart of stone(evil) is already replaced with a heart of flesh(good heart) except may be you re not genuinely born again.Read Heb 8:10,you need to activate the transfer from mind to heart by weeping and meditating on God's word.
Re: Ways To Get God To Answer Your Prayers by shdemidemi(m): 12:07pm On Aug 19, 2013
Bidam: In Christ the heart of stone(evil) is already replaced with a heart of flesh(good heart) except may be you re not genuinely born again.Read Heb 8:10,you need to activate the transfer from mind to heart by weeping and meditating on God's word.

Bro. Where did you get the emphasised from?

Hebrews 8:10
10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:

How does this passage change the state of the heart of man?

The only way you can have a good heart is by the renewing of your mind through the word of God only. Christ did not change our heart, neither does accepting Christ change our heart... A Muslim can be morally better behaved than a Christian that has the Spirit of God, that is relative.

If you don't study and understand the word of God, your heart remains evil although you are in Christ. That is, you will still thirst for evil things like selfishness, covetousness, jealousy, bitterness and more. The bible calls these evils in the heart of man strongholds.
Romans 12:2
And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.

2. Cor 10:4
For the weapons of our warfare (the word of God) are not carnal but mighty in God for pulling down strongholds,

Back to the topic, you and I don't know how or what to pray but the Spirit of God does that on our behalf perennially. Personally, my prayer after praising God is to pray that the whole world come to the knowledge of salvation and prayers to and for our leaders and the decisions they make then I ask for the unfolding of His will (it might be interpreted as good or bad by my flesh) in my life and everything that concerns me.
Re: Ways To Get God To Answer Your Prayers by Oxygenmayo(m): 12:39pm On Aug 19, 2013
nwajoshua: listen man!God is not in denominational churches, sorry to say, am a christian but churches r making fun of God, when did God invite these pastors, wat is their message, 4 ur prayer to be answered, u do not need to keep any principle, cos freely u shall recieve anytin from God. And note...bible is not our message, word of God comes tru a Voice not a book and faith cometh by hearing d word ie voice....God is a living God, not a dead God whose written will is being followed..he should have a mesg for us capable of adding to d bible here is my No 08102990133 call me for more info..tnks

brother, don't mislead people..u might be right that churches are making fun of God but i felt other opinions are wrong...God is a God of principle...variety and order...check out how He created the earth? How He emphasized giving...giving is a principle and he respects giving irrespective of the state of the giver...the word of God is written in the bible..your voice is susceptible to error..it can be prone to the flesh, the world or voices within...how can faith come if you do not study your bible and the Holy Spirit minister it to your ears?

prayer is a principle...getting it answered requires principle which we must follow. the prayer of an unrighteous man is an abomination to God..#Shikena#
Re: Ways To Get God To Answer Your Prayers by Nobody: 12:51pm On Aug 19, 2013
shdemidemi:

Bro. Where did you get the emphasised from?
I forgot you are a NT man.And I will remove the heart of stone from your flesh and give you a heart of flesh.
Ezekiel 36:26.Matthew 12:35 A good man out of the good treasure of the heart bringeth forth good things: and an evil man out of the evil treasure bringeth forth evil things

Hebrews 8:10
10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:

How does this passage change the state of the heart of man?
@bolded is what i meant by weeping over scriptures,so a transfer will be made from mind to heart.
The only way you can have a good heart is by the renewing of your mind through the word of God only.
We are in agreement here,that's what i have been saying all along.
Christ did not change our heart, neither does accepting Christ change our heart
Christ did change our heart by regeneration because our heart is actually our spirit-man...
A Muslim can be morally better behaved than a Christian that has the Spirit of God, that is relative.
This is actually your opinion which is anti-scriptural.Without the righteousness of Christ Jesus,no one can reach the Father.

If you don't study and understand the word of God, your heart remains evil although you are in Christ
Are you sure you re born again?I am finding it difficult to reconcile this statement with If any man is in Christ he is a new creature,old things are passed away,all things are new.
That is, you will still thirst for evil things like selfishness, covetousness, jealousy, bitterness and more. The bible calls these evils in the heart of man strongholds.
May be you re referring to the (old man)the flesh here and not necessarily the inward man(new spirit) when you give your life to Jesus.They are always at conflict,it's left for the believer to mortify the deeds of the flesh by renewing his mind with the word of God.
Romans 12:2
And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Yes,this is what i have been trying to tell you all along.The will of God is the word of God
2. Cor 10:4
For the weapons of our warfare (the word of God) are not carnal but mighty in God for pulling down strongholds,
This scripture even validates it.

Back t[b]o the topic, you and I don't know how or what to pray[/b]
This is where you are wrong.we know how to pray by the pattern Jesus taught his disciples, i.e "the lord's prayer".The only thing we don't know how to do is what to pray for as we ought to(Romans 8:26-27)
but the Spirit of God does that on our behalf perennially
.Can you kindly explain the bolded? Thanks.
Re: Ways To Get God To Answer Your Prayers by shdemidemi(m): 1:28pm On Aug 19, 2013
Bidam: I forgot you are a NT man.And I will remove the heart of stone from your flesh and give you a heart of flesh.
Ezekiel 36:26.Matthew 12:35 A good man out of the good treasure of the heart bringeth forth good things: and an evil man out of the evil treasure bringeth forth evil things

Please be careful when you quote scriptures, rightly dividing the word is of paramount importance. Ezekiel 36:26 was not speaking of individuals and his heart but it was a prophesy to the nation of Israel.

Matthew 12

34 O generation of vipers, how can ye, being evil, speak good things? for out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh.

35 A good man out of the good treasure of the heart bringeth forth good things: and an evil man out of the evil treasure bringeth forth evil things.

As you cans see up there verse 34 states the position and state of this generation and verse 35 was a proverb (a general truth).

Romans 3:10

10 As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:

As far as God is concerned no man on the face of the earth is good. But the bible says through this gospel our sins are covered and we are hid in Christ and transformed into the image of God by fervently beholding God's glory.
2 cor 3:18
But we all, with unveiled face, beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, just as by the Spirit of the Lord.
Bidam:

Christ did change our heart by regeneration because our heart is actually our spirit-man...

How did you come to this conclusion? Christ created a new Spirit in us apart from our flesh. Our flesh and it's members (hands, eyes and other senses) are still present with us. Our minds remain the battle field where our intents are propelled. Our spirit-man is new, at least not as old as our sinful flesh, it needs to be fed by the word of God to grow and subdue our flesh. I can then say Christ did not change our heart but He generated a new spirit in us which constantly war with the propelling force of the sinful nature we were born with.
Bidam:
This is actually your opinion which is anti-scriptural.Without the righteousness of Christ Jesus,no one can reach the Father. .

I never said the Muslim man will see the father. I said based on morals, people without God can be better, I said that is relative. The Hindu man might be more generous than than the Christian man, this does not mean the Hindu man is saved. We are not saved by moral code but by believing in the gospel of Christ (1 cor 15:1-4).

Bidam:
This is where you are wrong.we know how to pray by the pattern Jesus taught his disciples, i.e "the lord's prayer".The only thing we don't know how to do is what to pray for as we ought to(Romans 8:26-27) .Can you kindly explain the bolded? Thanks. .

Christ gave a format of prayer, how does that mean you know how to pray?
Romans

26 Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: [b]for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit(God) itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttere[/b]d.

34 Who is he who condemns? It is Christ who died, and furthermore is also risen, who is even at the right hand of God, who also makes intercession for us.

What does this tell me! Just pray what you can pray but if its not according to the predestined will of God for your life, it will go unanswered.
Re: Ways To Get God To Answer Your Prayers by Nobody: 2:23pm On Aug 19, 2013
shdemidemi:

Please be careful when you quote scriptures, rightly dividing the word is of paramount importance. Ezekiel 36:26 was not speaking of individuals and his heart but it was a prophesy to the nation of Israel.
Ezekiel was a prophet no doubt but who do you think he was referring to? was that prophecy actualized even when Jesus came on the scene? Was the northern tribes reconciled with the house of Judah even when Jesus died? You are the guy who need to rightly divide scriptures because,it seems you are confused here.
Matthew 12

34 O generation of vipers, how can ye, being evil, speak good things? for out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh.

35 A good man out of the good treasure of the heart bringeth forth good things: and an evil man out of the evil treasure bringeth forth evil things.

As you cans see up there verse 34 states the position and state of this generation and verse 35 was a proverb (a general truth).

Romans 3:10

10 As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:

As far as God is concerned no man on the face of the earth is good.
Scriptures says God who is good is at work in us both to will and to do of his good pleasure

How did you come to this conclusion? Christ created a new Spirit in us apart from our flesh. Our flesh and it's members (hands, eyes and other senses) are still present with us. Our minds remain the battle field where our intents are propelled. Our spirit-man is new, at least not as old as our sinful flesh, it needs to be fed by the word of God to grow and subdue our flesh. I can then say Christ did not change our heart but He generated a new spirit in us.
The spirit man is our heart bro..

I never said the Muslim man will see the father. I said based on morals, people without God can be better, I said that is relative. The Hindu man might be more generous than than the Christian man, this does not mean the Hindu man is saved. We are not saved by moral code but by believing in the gospel of Christ (1 cor 15:1-4)
.I am not after morality,you re even deviating the purpose of the thread which is prayers.

Christ gave a format of prayer, how does that mean you know how to pray?
Because his disciples ask him,lord teach us how to pray just like john taught his disciples.
Romans

26 Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttere[/b]d.

34 Who is he who condemns? It is Christ who died, and furthermore is also risen, who is even at the right hand of God, who also makes intercession for us.

What does this tell me! Just pray what you can pray but if its not according to the predestined will of God for your life, it will go unanswered.
For the umpteen time,what is the will of God? If a christian does not know the will of God then Christianity is like any other religion who prays to a cold distant God creator. That was why Jesus said we should address God as our [b]Father when we pray. No religion not even Judaism address a creator as Father.
Re: Ways To Get God To Answer Your Prayers by jummyontop(f): 3:54pm On Aug 19, 2013
nwajoshua: listen man!God is not in denominational churches, sorry to say, am a christian but churches r making fun of God, when did God invite these pastors, wat is their message, 4 ur prayer to be answered, u do not need to keep any principle, cos freely u shall recieve anytin from God. And note...bible is not our message, word of God comes tru a Voice not a book and faith cometh by hearing d word ie voice....God is a living God, not a dead God whose written will is being followed..he should have a mesg for us capable of adding to d bible here is my No 08102990133 call me for more info..tnks
Written words are inspired by God, and doesn't mean that a will is been read. Even Jesus used written words "and Jesus answered him,saying,IT IS WRITTEN that man shall not live by bread alone,but by every word of God"Luke 4:4
Re: Ways To Get God To Answer Your Prayers by shdemidemi(m): 5:06pm On Aug 19, 2013
Bidam: Ezekiel was a prophet no doubt but who do you think he was referring to? was that prophecy actualized even when Jesus came on the scene? Was the northern tribes reconciled with the house of Judah even when Jesus died? You are the guy who need to rightly divide scriptures because,it seems you are confused here].

You seem to have forgotten the reason why you are typing, please stop arguing for the sake of it. We are talking about the desperately wicked heart of man you are delving into reconciliation. I believe I have made my point there, lets leave that please.

Bidam:
Scriptures says God who is good is at work in us both to [b]will and to do of his good pleasure
].

Isn't this statement sufficient to shed light on the idea that God is the one doing all the work. He is the one that controls the believer to do all he does, both to will and to do.

Bidam:

The spirit man is our heart bro...

Bidam: Christ did change our heart by regeneration because our heart is actually our spirit-man...

Please explain with scripture

Bidam:
Because his disciples ask him, lord teach us how to pray just like john taught his disciples.

Christ gave us a format to pray that is, how to pray and how to see God as our source

After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name. (praise God)

10 Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven. (I don't know the will but let it be done)

11 Give us this day our daily bread(daily bread means the Word of God) (Trusting God)

12 And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors. (You trust God for this)

13 And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.

There is nothing in this format that says ask for food or cloth, it only teaches us to hope and trust the will of God.

Bidam:
For the umpteen time, what is the will of God? .
I have told you God remains all knowing. The bible says the sovereign God knew us even before we were born, He predestined us in accordance to His own purpose.

Romans 8
24 For we are saved by hope: but hope that is seen is not hope: for what a man seeth, why doth he yet hope for?

25 But if we hope for that we see not, then do we with patience wait for it.

The bible says God subjected the whole world so we can all hope

20 For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope,

Bidam:
If a christian does not know the will of God [/b]then Christianity is like any other religion who prays to a cold distant God creator. That was why Jesus said we should address God as our [b]Father when we pray. No religion not even Judaism address a creator as Father.
I am sorry to disappoint you. God's will can never be revealed to any man in full, He keeps secrets to himself and reveal what He needs to reveal to man when He wants to.
Deuteronomy 29a
29 The secret things belong unto the Lord our God: but those things which are revealed belong unto us and to our children for ever........
Re: Ways To Get God To Answer Your Prayers by Nobody: 5:42pm On Aug 19, 2013
shdemidemi:

You seem to have forgotten the reason why you are typing, please stop arguing for the sake of it. We are talking about the desperately wicked heart of man you are delving into reconciliation. I believe I have made my point there, lets leave that please.
I am not arguing for arguing sake, you re the one taking the argument to another level.Your point concerning the heart of man as wicked was quoted from prophet Jeremiah,we might as well say he was referring to the nation of Israel.So no point made .Quote a NT scripture to support your stance bro...

Isn't this statement sufficient to shed light on the idea that God is the one doing all the work. He is the one that controls the believer to do all he does, both to will and to do.
Yes,and that makes the believer Holy because we have the Holy Spirit(Spirit of God) The Holy Spirit doesn't dwell in an unholy vessel ok?

Please explain with scripture
But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

- Romans 2:29

Not with eyeservice, as menpleasers; but as the servants of Christ, doing the will of God from the heart.

- Ephesians 6:6

Christ gave us a format to pray that is, how to pray and how to see God as our source

After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.

10 Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven. (God' will)

11 Give us this day our daily bread.(meaning the Word of God)

12 And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors. (You trust God for this)

13 And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.

There is nothing in this format that says ask for food or cloth, it only teaches us to hope and trust the will of God.
Ok,if you say so, you entitled to your personal interpretations.Some may read it and petition God with it and He won't deny them the daily bread which can come in form of basic needs.We are to pray all manner of prayers according to Paul.

I have told you God remains all knowing. The bible says the sovereign God knew us even before we were born, He predestined us in accordance to His own purpose.
The All knowing God doesn't adopt dummies as His children.He gave us a will and that is why we ask questions and we get the answers in His word(the bible)with the help of the Holy Spirit.
Romans 8
24 For we are saved by hope: but hope that is seen is not hope: for what a man seeth, why doth he yet hope for?

25 But if we hope for that we see not, then do we with patience wait for it.

The bible says God subjected the whole world so we can all hope

20 For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope,
The scripture you quoted doesn't even address the will of God.It talks about hope which is an anchor for our faith, for no man has seen God,yet we believe He exist.

I am sorry to disappoint you. God's will can never be revealed to any man, He keeps secrets to himself and reveal what He needs to reveal to man
That's a lie from the pit of hell,God gave us the bible to reveal his will and intentions.
Deuteronomy 29a
29 The secret things belong unto the Lord our God: but those things which are revealed belong unto us and to our children for ever........
Atleast you tried to downplay the revealing aspect of God.His plan and purposes for us keeps unfolding by the day as we mature in our walk with Him.Shalom.
Re: Ways To Get God To Answer Your Prayers by shdemidemi(m): 7:02pm On Aug 19, 2013
Bidam: I am not arguing for arguing sake, you re the one taking the argument to another level.Your point concerning the heart of man as wicked was quoted from prophet Jeremiah,we might as well say he was referring to the nation of Israel.So no point made .Quote a NT scripture to support your stance bro....

Paul used himself as a case study and an example of anyone who comes into Christ in Romans 7

21 I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me.

22 For I delight in the law of God after the inward man:

23 But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.

The man made it clear that even with Christ and in Christ evil was present in him. He said in verse 19

19 For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do.

Every man find it easier to do evil because we inherited it from the first man and it is embedded in our members. My eyes spontaneously likes to see, my hand likes to feel, my ears love to hear. it isn't the fault of these members but they were naturally made to enjoy sinful lust due to the fall.

Bidam:
But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

- Romans 2:29

Not with eyeservice, as menpleasers; but as the servants of Christ, doing the will of God from the heart.

- Ephesians 6:6

what does this have to do with the question? Your initial statement was

Bidam:
Bidam:

The spirit man is our heart bro...

Bidam: Christ did change our heart by regeneration because our heart is actually our spirit-man...].

I asked you to explain how our heart is the spirit man and how Christ changed our heart with bible reference.

Bidam:
Ok,if you say so, you entitled to your personal interpretations.Some may read it and petition God with it and He won't deny them the daily bread which can come in form of basic needs.We are to pray all manner of prayers according to Paul..
Daily bread being the word of God is now my private interpretation!!

Bidam:
The scripture you quoted doesn't even address the will of God.It talks about hope which is an anchor for our faith, for no man has seen God,yet we believe He exist.That's a lie from the pit of hell,God gave us the bible to reveal his will and intentions..
Saying you know the will of God for your life simply means you know your tomorrow and the day after. I know you don't know this because only God does. You don't even know what God has in stock for you in the next minute. All we know is that His plans for us are of good and not evil. We also know that every good bad ugly we situation we find ourselves will work together for our good.

Bidam: Atleast you tried to downplay the revealing aspect of God.His plan and purposes for us keeps unfolding by the day as we mature in our walk with Him.Shalom.

Thank you for saying as we mature in him, can we ever mature to the extent that we can exhaust God? Never. We would keep learning until we drop the ghost.

the scripture says we know in part, No man knows in full except God.
Re: Ways To Get God To Answer Your Prayers by Nobody: 7:40pm On Aug 19, 2013
[quote author=shdemidemi]

Paul used himself as a case study and an example of anyone who comes into Christ in Romans 7

21 I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me.

22 For I delight in the law of God after the inward man:

23 But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.

The man made it clear that even with Christ and in Christ evil was present in him. He said in verse 19
Paul was explaining when he was in Judaism,he was building up his argument and you know it.

Every man find it easier to do evil because we inherited it from the first man and it is embedded in our members. My eyes spontaneously likes to see, my hand likes to feel, my ears love to hear. it isn't the fault of these members but they were naturally made to enjoy sinful lust due to the fall.
Let's stick to the Op abeg..this one na going round in circles,i have explained the old nature in conflict with the new nature if at all you care to read my previous post.

what does this have to do with the question? Your initial statement was

I asked you to explain how our heart is the spirit man and how Christ changed our heart with bible reference.
Sorry, i can't help you if you can't decipher that scripture,what i saw the scripture saying is that the spirit-man is the heart of man(not physical blood pumping heart as you presume)Ok maybe this scripture will help buttress my points further.Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me.

- Psalms 51:10
The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit: a broken and a contrite heart, O God, thou wilt not despise.

- Psalms 51:17

Daily bread being the word of God is now my private interpretation!!
Yes.Jesus is also called the word of God no?

Saying you know the will of God for your life simply means you know your tomorrow and the day after. I know you don't know this because only God does. You don't even know what God has in stock for you in the next minute. All we know is that His plans for us are of good and not evil. We also know that every good bad ugly we situation we find ourselves will work together for our good.
The bible is sufficient on what everyday holds.As far as i know His Word concerning His will and purpose for my life.I am ok with it. cheesy

T
hank you for saying as we mature in him, can we ever mature to the extent that we can exhaust God? Never. We would keep learning until we drop the ghost.

the scripture says we know in part, No man knows in full except God.
ok, i concur.
Re: Ways To Get God To Answer Your Prayers by shdemidemi(m): 8:41pm On Aug 19, 2013
Bidam: Paul was explaining when he was in Judaism,he was building up his argument and you know it.

He couldn't have been talking as an unbeliever in this verse because unbelievers don't have the inward man
Bidam:
Sorry, i can't help you if you can't decipher that scripture,what i saw the scripture saying is that the spirit-man is the heart of man(not physical blood pumping heart as you presume)Ok maybe this scripture will help buttress my points further.Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me.

- Psalms 51:10
The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit: a broken and a contrite heart, O God, thou wilt not despise.

- Psalms 51:17.

Are you saying the Holy Spirit in us is our heart? make it clearer pls.

Bidam: Yes.Jesus is also called the word of God no?.

Jesus actually said He is the bread of life. Please check your study tools to see bread isn't food in this context, I did not infer at all.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Jesus Loves You / Damilola Mike-bamiloye Prayed In Yoruba Language At A Christian Conference In US / RCCG Embarks On A 40-Day Fasting And Prayer From 11th January 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 189
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.