Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,993 members, 7,863,561 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 08:09 PM

If He Loves You? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / If He Loves You? (688 Views)

When The Wrong One Loves You Right. / Signs He Loves You Even If He Doesn’t Say It Out Loud / How Do You Know That A Girl or Boy Really Loves You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If He Loves You? by Godmother(f): 9:41am On Aug 18, 2013
Sometimes I wonder if love still exists when I see people breaking up over very little things. I once heard that a guy dumped his girlfriend cos she had the 'temerity' to be farting in his presence whenever she had the urge. He claimed her doing so showed she had no respect for him and wouldn't be a submissive wife.

My 23 years old cousin is goin through a heartbreak. Her boyfriend dumped her cos he claims he's not the calling type and she was asking that he calls her at least once a day or every other day.

So it just got me thinking if people really love these days. A girl can dump her boyfriend if he sneezes more than the 3 times she's comfortable with. What happened to working issues out over time?

My partner and I are going strong. There are some things he doesn't like about me and some I don't like about him. But we have taken to working on the ones we absolutely can't tolerate. Don't people know that their is no perfect person out there and that you have to work to build what you want.

Who's to say if you dump a guy who treats you right cos he's broke, that you won't meet a rich dude out there who will panel-beat the first and second layers of your skin off.
Re: If He Loves You? by Nobody: 10:03am On Aug 18, 2013
If he truely loves you, he will do all he can to please you; if she truely loves you, she will equally do the same. The problem nowadays is with most intelligent but dull ladies who automatically detect and inspect your pocket.

To The Ladies - - - Don't size a man by the size of his pocket but size him by the size of his dream. If you go for a man because he his well to do, sorry is your end. But a woman who is able to see through a man' dream will surely have a greater end.

To the Dudes --- Don't size a lady because of her beauty; size her because of her character. Character begat fortunes while beauty begat deception. If you truely want an angel, create a safe heaven where she will live because angels lives in heaven. Make your life a heaven for her to stay. I believe in true love and it does exist.

1 Like

Re: If He Loves You? by jhydebaba(m): 10:14am On Aug 18, 2013
"Don't get the perfect person but try to make the imperfect person perfect"

We just too much in a hurry these days to get things right.
Re: If He Loves You? by LordReed(m): 1:07pm On Aug 18, 2013
The real reason for these sudden breakups usually are hidden and unsaid while being completely unrelated to the flimsy ones given. Love was not in the equation in the first place because for love to develop one needs to accept the other person warts and all. Mutual attraction is not love. Sexual attraction is not love. At least ¾ of such breakups it is because the people had hidden agendas beforehand sex, money, excitement, etc. These are no substitutes to love and while may seem like love will reveal themselves for what they are. Love stands up to vigorous tests and doesn't easily fall apart. Those other things will fizzle out in time, never be deceived.

2 Likes

Re: If He Loves You? by Nobody: 2:19pm On Aug 19, 2013
There're times when people should compromise. Then there're times when they just have to face reality and realize that it's difficult, really difficult to change people sometimes. This's why it's good to truly get to know someone before marriage. Personally, there're things I know I can never tolerate in someone, while I can compromise on others. It just depends on the individual. If something bothers you now and the person's not willing to change and you're unhappy, leave.

IMO, when you meet the right person, the r-ship wouldn't feel like work. You wouldn't have to work at getting their attention, getting them to change their habits, getting them to love and treat you the way you want. Of course, that doesn't mean everything would always go smoothly and you don't need to contribute any efforts into making the r-ship work, NO. Your collective efforts still would go a long way in helping the r-ship thrive. BUT the mutual feelings, the understanding, the acceptance of one another, the willingness to make the changes needed to make your partner happy and to make the relationship thrive would be there.

Just my $2.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

What's Your Personal Definition Of Being "Broke"? / Why Africans?? Why??!! / The Secret.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.