Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,193 members, 7,815,164 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:25 AM

Why Jesus, The Son Of God, Is NOT An Angel - Religion (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Jesus, The Son Of God, Is NOT An Angel (15523 Views)

PHOTO: Image Of An Angel Appears In The Clouds In South Africa. / Cloud In The Shape Of An Angel Seen In Pretoria, South Africa / Top 10 Reasons Why Jesus Christ Is Not God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Jesus, The Son Of God, Is NOT An Angel by benalvino(m): 1:23pm On Sep 08, 2013
@Emusan Isaiah 42:1-6 is a prophesy made to Israel. Bernimoore doesnt understand some things in the bible... so let me help bought of you understand it... you know jacob? another name for jacob is Israel God renamed him as Israel...

parallels between jacob[Israel] and Jesus are many but i will point out the few concerning this topic...
lets start with Matthew 12:16-19
“charged them that they should not make him known: That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by Esaias [Greek for Isaiah] the prophet, saying, Behold my servant, whom I have chosen; my beloved, in whom my soul is well pleased: I will put my spirit upon him, and he shall shew judgment to the Gentiles. He shall not strive, nor cry; neither shall any man hear his voice in the streets”
the author of the above scripture is quoting from Isaiah 42:1-3 a passage that applies to Israel[jacob]
Isaiah 42:1–3 (KJV 1900)
"42 Behold my servant, whom I uphold; Mine elect, in whom my soul delighteth; I have put my spirit upon him: He shall bring forth judgment to the Gentiles. 2 He shall not cry, nor lift up, Nor cause his voice to be heard in the street."

So know it is applied to Jacob[Israel] we should look at the verse below

Isaiah 41:8 (KJV 1900)
"8 But thou, Israel, art my servant, Jacob whom I have chosen,The seed of Abraham my friend."

The apostle Paul also follows the principle in his letters of applying statements originally made about Israel to Jesus Christ. God called Israel “my firstborn” in Exodus 4:22. Yet Paul said it was Jesus Christ who is “the firstborn of every creature” (Colossians 1:15).

The clearest example is when God calls Israel “the seed of Abraham” (Isaiah 41:cool. you can look it up in the verse i quote above. However, Paul later writes that Abraham’s seed does not refer to “many,” but to “one, ... which is Christ” (Galatians 3:16).
Galatians 3:16 (KJV 1900)
16 Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ.
Thus we discover that repeatedly in the New Testament, statements that once applied to Israel are now applied to Jesus Christ. The Messiah is now “the seed.” Therefore, Jesus is the very essence of Israel! This is an explosive truth, and it cannot be ignored if we are to truly understand the role and identity of modern Israel and Christ.

Note that the name “Israel” not only referred to Jacob, but also to his descendants—who became Israel. The same principle is seen in the New Testament.

For example, the Lord told the ancient Israelites, “And ye shall be unto me a kingdom of priests, and an holy nation” (Exodus 19:6). In the New Testament, Peter applies these exact words to the church: “But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people” (1 Peter 2:9).

At least you have seen that the verse is not directly talking to Jesus but Israel... it is a prophesy not a conversation between God and Jesus consider Bernimoore's statement below for analysis and notice the bold

isaiah 42;1-6
42 “Behold! My Servant whom I uphold,
My Elect One in whom My soul delights! I have put My Spirit upon [b]Him
;He will bring forth justice to the Gentiles
this is english wahala... when am talking to you emusan standing in your front talking to you... will i not be seen as mad person addressing you standing in my front as [size=18pt]HIM, HE[/size] why cant i say i have put my spirit upon [size=18pt]You[/size] because am talking to you in front of you. and why cant i say [size=18pt]You[/size] will bring forth justice to the Gentiles instead of [size=18pt]HE[/size]... you see the problem?

In Addition Christ was a servant in heaven before he came to earth... even so he still took upon the form of a servant which means there was a point he was not a servant...
phil 2:6-7

2 Likes

Re: Why Jesus, The Son Of God, Is NOT An Angel by truthislight: 4:19pm On Sep 08, 2013
Douay-Rheims Version /
Malachi /
Chapter 3
Malachi, 3

Behold I send my angel and he shall prepare the way before my face. And presently the Lord, whom you seek, and the angel of the testament, whom you desire, shall come to his temple. Behold he cometh, saith the Lord of hosts.

If the word Angel = messenger, what are we discussing here again ?

John is an angel/messenger. QED.

What is the argument ?
Re: Why Jesus, The Son Of God, Is NOT An Angel by BERNIMOORE: 5:29pm On Sep 08, 2013
Yes I see.
What I'm saying is if John's birth was prophesied in Malachi as a messenger which you believe all messengers are Angels

As you can see the book of malachi 3:1 was only talking about the functions of two people, and not their birth, johns birth was prophesied in luke chapter 1, his pre-destined function was earlier prophesied in malachi.

because I can see that's your point that Jesus is an Angel. Then according to malachi John also must be an Angel because he's a messenger promise to come.

this is where the misconception comes from, yes john is an angel! the way leaders of churches in smirna,ephesus,laodecia etc are angels, you missed joagbaje's post on this, see it

Joagbaje:

The word means "minister " or messenger . So a christian minister who serves is an angel in this sense . It also means pastor .

Revelation 2:12
And to the angel of the church in Pergamos write; . . . KJV

Revelation 2:12
"Write this letter to the leader of the church in Pergamos:. . .. LNT

So we have the human angels by the virtue of their ministerial office and we have spiritual beings called angels who are spiritual servants

Galatians 4:14
. .. but received me as an angel of God, even as Christ Jesus

Angel is a task not a different form,nature but apply to both human and spirit sons of God
the word itself Angel was derived from latin, which means messenger, it was'nt limiting this to only spirit beign but also human

yes of course, john is human by default,and/messenger,angel, and spirit sons of God,also known as angels/messenger are spirits who falls under the supernatural spirit/form by default, the same invincible form with God was known.

then we have 2 categories of forms, 1, visible 2,invicible

there is no other default form called angels form outside this 2 above, and if you have it, please put it up here because it will be superflous

That's why I let you to know that be a messenger doesn't necessarily mean Angel but sometimes someone to fulfilled a certain obligatory. Do you agree?

totally NO!

I know because He(Jesus) lives inside the Holyspirit

Inside holy spirit? how explain

isaiah 42;1-6
42 “Behold! My Servant whom I uphold,
My Elect One in whom My soul delights! I have put My Spirit upon Him;He will bring forth justice to the Gentiles

I have shown you how Jesus can be called a servant in other tread.

so you agree jesus was called servant in heaven, abi

As Luke redefine the prophesy of Malachi, likewise Jesus has redefined His own prophesy of God puting His own spirit on Him.

see the bolded below

nope, when part of the prophecy is fuffiled does not mean redefination, what we have there was 1, jesus did not deny beign called servant earlier in heaven,it was still mentioned and reffered isaiah(esias) and 2,he fuffiled the prophecy of the gentiles to follow him

mathew 12:14-18

14 Then the Pharisees went out, and held a council against him, how they might destroy him.

15 But when Jesus knew it, he withdrew himself from thence: and great multitudes followed him, and he healed them all;

16 And charged them that they should not make him known:

17 That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by Esaias the prophet, saying,

18 Behold my servant, whom I have chosen; my beloved, in whom my soul is well pleased: I will put my spirit upon him, and he shall shew judgment to the Gentiles.

19 He shall not strive, nor cry; neither shall any man hear his voice in the streets.

20 A bruised reed shall he not break, and smoking flax shall he not quench, till he send forth judgment unto victory.

21 And in his name shall the Gentiles trust.

so,is that redefination?
no but fuffilment of prophesy!

John 5:26 "For as the Father hath life in Himself, so hath He(Father) given to the Son to have life in Himself" Emphasis added...here Jesus make it clear that He(Jesus) didn't has life before when He was with God as His WORD...notice the phrase "Hath He given".

i will answer this later
Re: Why Jesus, The Son Of God, Is NOT An Angel by Itsfacts: 6:11pm On Sep 08, 2013
truthislight: Douay-Rheims Version /
Malachi /
Chapter 3
Malachi, 3

Behold I send my angel and he shall prepare the way before my face. And presently the Lord, whom you seek, and the angel of the testament, whom you desire, shall come to his temple. Behold he cometh, saith the Lord of hosts.

If the word Angel = messenger, what are we discussing here again ?

John is an angel/messenger. QED.

What is the argument ?

exactly animals like birds and dogs are angels too. and every servant of god.
angel in the manner of Isaiah, Abraham, Elijah, pastors, just naming few. but never angel in the manner of angel Gabriel. see from page five your friend ben explain and ask a question you and barrister could not answer.
Re: Why Jesus, The Son Of God, Is NOT An Angel by benalvino(m): 6:46pm On Sep 08, 2013
@emusan john the Baptist began to exist when his father in-pregnant his mother... and he had the spirit of God in his mothers womb and not in heaven.

your friend bernimoore posted this below
"luke 1:11-15
11 Then an angel of the Lord appeared to him, standing at the right side of the altar of incense. 12 When Zechariah saw him, he was startled and was gripped with fear. 13 But the angel said to him: “Do not be afraid, Zechariah; your prayer has been heard. Your wife Elizabeth will bear you a son, and you are to call him John. 14[b] He will be a joy and delight to you, and many will rejoice because of his birth, 15 for he will be great in the sight of the Lord[/b]. He is never to take wine or other fermented drink, and he will be filled with the Holy Spirit even before he is born"

now check verse 15 with the whole bible...
New International Version
for he will be great in the sight of the Lord. He is never to take wine or other fermented drink, and he will be filled with the Holy Spirit even before he is born.

New Living Translation
for he will be great in the eyes of the Lord. He must never touch wine or other alcoholic drinks. He will be filled with the Holy Spirit, even before his birth.

English Standard Version
for he will be great before the Lord. And he must not drink wine or strong drink, and he will be filled with the Holy Spirit, even from his mother’s womb.

New American Standard Bible
"For he will be great in the sight of the Lord; and he will drink no wine or liquor, and he will be filled with the Holy Spirit while yet in his mother's womb.

King James Bible
For he shall be great in the sight of the Lord, and shall drink neither wine nor strong drink; and he shall be filled with the Holy Ghost, even from his mother's womb.

Holman Christian Standard Bible
For he will be great in the sight of the Lord and will never drink wine or beer. He will be filled with the Holy Spirit while still in his mother's womb.

International Standard Version
because he will be great in the Lord's presence. He will never drink wine or any strong drink, and he will be filled with the Holy Spirit even before he is born.

NET Bible
for he will be great in the sight of the Lord. He must never drink wine or strong drink, and he will be filled with the Holy Spirit, even before his birth.

Aramaic Bible in Plain English
“He will be great before THE LORD JEHOVAH, and he will not drink wine or strong drink, and he will be filled with The Spirit of Holiness while he is in the womb of his mother.”

GOD'S WORD® Translation
As far as the Lord is concerned, he will be a great man. He will never drink wine or any other liquor. He will be filled with the Holy Spirit even before he is born.

Jubilee Bible 2000
For he shall be great in the sight of the Lord and shall drink neither wine nor strong drink; and he shall be filled with the Holy Spirit, even from his mother's womb.

King James 2000 Bible
For he shall be great in the sight of the Lord, and shall drink neither wine nor strong drink; and he shall be filled with the Holy Spirit, even from his mother's womb.

American King James Version
For he shall be great in the sight of the Lord, and shall drink neither wine nor strong drink; and he shall be filled with the Holy Ghost, even from his mother's womb.

American Standard Version
For he shall be great in the sight of the Lord, and he shall drink no wine nor strong drink; and he shall be filled with the Holy Spirit, even from his mother's womb.

Douay-Rheims Bible
For he shall be great before the Lord; and shall drink no wine nor strong drink: and he shall be filled with the Holy Ghost, even from his mother's womb.

Darby Bible Translation
For he shall be great before the Lord, and he shall drink no wine nor strong drink; and he shall be filled with the Holy Spirit, even from his mother's womb.

English Revised Version
For he shall be great in the sight of the Lord, and he shall drink no wine nor strong drink; and he shall be filled with the Holy Ghost, even from his mother's womb.

Webster's Bible Translation
For he shall be great in the sight of the Lord, and shall drink neither wine nor strong drink; and he shall be filled with the Holy Spirit, even from his mother's womb.

Weymouth New Testament
For he will be great in the sight of the Lord; no wine or fermented drink shall he ever drink; but he will be filled with the Holy Spirit from the very hour of his birth.

World English Bible
For he will be great in the sight of the Lord, and he will drink no wine nor strong drink. He will be filled with the Holy Spirit, even from his mother's womb.

Young's Literal Translation
for he shall be great before the Lord, and wine and strong drink he may not drink, and of the Holy Spirit he shall be full, even from his mother's womb;

1 Like

Re: Why Jesus, The Son Of God, Is NOT An Angel by BERNIMOORE: 9:49pm On Sep 08, 2013
@Emusan, you have a big task now, (1) is to be neutral, (2) is to answer my question the way i ask it, and not the twisted way! i can re phrase it again if you you want, thanks
Re: Why Jesus, The Son Of God, Is NOT An Angel by BERNIMOORE: 10:37pm On Sep 08, 2013
we cannot question Why God does not inspire his scripture writers to include animals as 'messenger' in bible's own aggellos

Animals are categorised with humans in my post 2(#g)above

BERNIMOORE:The two distinct categories of forms are;

1, phisical [b]visible
/beign/form/nature;human/animals= they breath air, and so the air/wind/breeze they breath sustains their body,keep it alive.

2, supernatural beigns/form/nature; God,angels,word,satan/demons= who are resides in air,breeze/wind and invisible

Animals belong to the nature in (1) above, to the extent that they share the phisical nature of humans,AND they 'breathe' air/ which is 'invisible' and depend on breathing the invicible 'air' to suvive,

no wonder the book of ecclsts righly says this

Ecclesiastes 3:18-21

"sons of men, God tests them, that they may see that they themselves are like animals.” 19 For what happens to the sons of men also happens to animals; one thing befalls them: as one dies, so dies the other. Surely, they all have one breath; man has no advantage over animals, for all is vanity. 20 All go to one place: all are from the dust, and all return to dust. 21 Who knows the spirit of the sons of men, which goes upward, and the spirit of the animal, which goes down to the earth?

but then, animals were not listed or enjoy the benefit of being listed amomg 'bible messengers'

[size=14pt]conclusion on why dogs and pigeons or animals are not listed amomg 'bible messengers'

it is simply because the 'bible messengers' are those whose task is to declare good news of Gospel, different from 'other messengers' sent on errands not connected to the Gospel
[
Re: Why Jesus, The Son Of God, Is NOT An Angel by BERNIMOORE: 10:46pm On Sep 08, 2013
Emusan, if you dont understand anything, ask me directly, dont assume anything before posting!
Re: Why Jesus, The Son Of God, Is NOT An Angel by Itsfacts: 11:26pm On Sep 08, 2013
Hohoho animals can be messenger this na the koko your superior benalvino make. I no see any banta there. Try to apply your logic to birds too. Apply your logic to kings and their messenger then the story go be me them and Jesus share thesame manner of angel. Humans that are angels some be angel for God some be angel for men. We no see Jesus for heaven as angel they do Gabriel work we see am as messenger as the messiah. The other angel of the church them for revelation are they spirit or pastors or human minister?
So apply your koko to them too. Them come from heaven too? Them been be angels for heaven too? Die the case jesus na messenger. Your superior give you schooling of how the bible they use angels and humans descriptively. You run left and right then you say animals na sons of people you don come with thesame thing. Emusir say him they follow up him Dan see all those old orkpata you post. Next story joor
Re: Why Jesus, The Son Of God, Is NOT An Angel by BERNIMOORE: 11:44pm On Sep 08, 2013
Jesus has redefined His own prophesy of God puting His own spirit on Him.

John 5:26 "For as the Father hath life in Himself, so hath He(Father) given to the Son to have life in Himself" Emphasis added...here Jesus make it clear that He(Jesus) didn't has life before when He was with God as His WORD...notice the phrase "Hath He given".

jesus redefine what? see what jesus mean it was in verse 19 Then answered Jesus and said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, [size=18pt]The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do[/size]: for what things soever he doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise.

these verses 19-26 is not talking about any redefination but, ressurection of dead, in 28,29

we have to devide on this, thanks for your time.
Re: Why Jesus, The Son Of God, Is NOT An Angel by BERNIMOORE: 11:58pm On Sep 08, 2013
[b]bernimoor[/b]e: 6 “I, the Lord, have called You in righteousness,
And will hold Your hand;I will keep You and give You as a covenant to the people,
As a light to the Gentiles,

emusan;Anyway statement of God here is a future reference term with this modal verb 'will' given to Isaiah.

what of the phrase 'have called You' is that future reference? you pick the other part, no problem, you are under pressure not to reason with facts on grounds, ok!

bernimoore: God was talking to Jesus right there in the heaven

emusan No! He was talking to a prophet

which prophet was kept as a covent apart from jesus brother? and will hold Your hand;I will keep You and give You as a covenant to the people

anyway it is obvous

thanks for your time.

jesus was a servant right there in heaven.
Re: Why Jesus, The Son Of God, Is NOT An Angel by Itsfacts: 12:17am On Sep 09, 2013
BERNIMOORE:

what of the phrase 'have called You' is that future reference? you pick the other part, no problem, you are under pressure not to reason with facts on grounds, ok!

which prophet was kept as a covent apart from jesus brother? and will hold Your hand;I will keep You and give You as a covenant to the people

anyway it is obvous

thanks for your time.

jesus was a servant right there in heaven, i dont need to drag till we exchange unfriendly words,.

Servant or no servant, heaven or no heaven he put upon a bond servant which he wasn't from the start. For the betterment of your discussion you have to tell us whether the koko in philippians is wrong or not. If not your seki from left to right no go gagbaru in the other word finish
Re: Why Jesus, The Son Of God, Is NOT An Angel by benalvino(m): 12:18am On Sep 09, 2013
SMH.
Re: Why Jesus, The Son Of God, Is NOT An Angel by BERNIMOORE: 7:46am On Sep 09, 2013
isaiah 42:6

[size=18pt]6 “I, the Lord, have called You in righteousness[/size],

'have called you', is a past tence here, that one is very sure

...... (a)and will hold Your hand; (b)I will keep You and give (c)You as a covenant to the people

God was assuring jesus his servant here in heaven before giving him out as a covenant as revealed by prophet isaiah, but that you said that this verse 6 is reffering to another prophet of covenant apart from jesus, when i show the fuffilment in mathew word-for-word still surprise me, no fight, my point is very clear that;

taking the verse 1 of isaiah 42 (my servant) into consideration and verse 6, (a)and will hold Your hand; (b)I will keep You and give (3)You as a covenant to the people then, (4 bibles namely; dual rheims, darby bible, wyclyff and Amplified bibles are right to say that jesus is angel, in heaven and angel of covenant in malachi 3:1 as a (spirit)servant in heaven. before he also take on or continue as a (human servant/messenger) on earth. paul too was stressing the servant/messenger in Galatians 4:14
. .. but received me as an angel of God, even as Christ Jesus can also read "received me as a servant/messenger of God, even as Christ Jesus" 'EVEN' is in the sub ordinate, but the main clause here is 'received me as an angel of God, even as Christ Jesus' the point has been made. no point stressing outside the main point here. we have different views simple!

thank you for your time, you may have your points too, but i have valid point here that shows that 'it was not on earth that jesus 'took on the form of servant' as always claimed by trinitarians but verse 1,6 of isaiah 42 above revealed the 'what God was telling jesus right there in heaven 'as a spirit servant' and that, 'if' there was a point whereby he was'nt a servant it is not proved,and goes to no issue, then we have to rewrite phil 2:7

it may offend people that i or we call jesus a servant,that does not relegate him or that he is not god/God, god can also serve as servant. and that you call jesus an angel means that he is not powerfull, it does not relegate him , if a single angel kills 185,000 assyrians army in just one night does shows how powerful they are

my discussion with you is sanitised, ask me directly anything you are not clear with, and be neutral, but from the few things we have discussed so far, my point still remain unchanged.

but i see grounds changing, you said isaiah 42 was directed to a prophet when there is no other prophet or messenger of covenant, while some says it was directed to isreal which is totally repugnant and obviously allien to the context of isaiah, philipians 2:7 has changed from taking form of servant WHEN jesus was made in the likeness of man to ' yes, a servant in heaven but that there must be a time when he was not a servant, do you agree with that too, thats so serious!

we have to respectfully devide on issues so no need to drag the discussion into exchange of words as we earlier agreed. be neutral!
Re: Why Jesus, The Son Of God, Is NOT An Angel by benalvino(m): 11:32am On Sep 09, 2013
BERNIMOORE: isaiah 42:6

...... (a)and will hold Your hand; (b)I will keep You and give (c)You as a covenant to the people

God was assuring jesus his servant here in heaven before giving him out as a covenant as revealed by prophet isaiah, but that you said that this verse 6 is reffering to another prophet of covenant apart from jesus, when i show the fuffilment in mathew word-for-word still surprise me, no fight, my point is very clear that;

taking the verse 1 of isaiah 42 (my servant) into consideration and verse 6, (a)and will hold Your hand; (b)I will keep You and give (3)You as a covenant to the people then, (4 bibles namely; dual rheims, darby bible, wyclyff and Amplified bibles are right to say that jesus is angel, in heaven and angel of covenant in malachi 3:1 as a (spirit)servant in heaven. before he also take on or continue as a (human servant/messenger) on earth. paul too was stressing the servant/messenger in Galatians 4:14
. .. but received me as an angel of God, even as Christ Jesus can also read "received me as a servant/messenger of God, even as Christ Jesus" 'EVEN' is in the sub ordinate, but the main clause here is 'received me as an angel of God, even as Christ Jesus' the point has been made. no point stressing outside the main point here. we have different views simple!

thank you for your time, you may have your points too, but i have valid point here that shows that 'it was not on earth that jesus 'took on the form of servant' as always claimed by trinitarians but verse 1,6 of isaiah 42 above revealed the 'what God was telling jesus right there in heaven 'as a spirit servant' and that, 'if' there was a point whereby he was'nt a servant it is not proved,and goes to no issue, then we have to rewrite phil 2:7

it may offend people that i or we call jesus a servant,that does not relegate him or that he is not god/God, god can also serve as servant. and that you call jesus an angel means that he is not powerfull, it does not relegate him , if a single angel kills 185,000 assyrians army in just one night does shows how powerful they are

my discussion with you is sanitised, ask me directly anything you are not clear with, and be neutral, but from the few things we have discussed so far, my point still remain unchanged.

but i see grounds changing, you said isaiah 42 was directed to a prophet when there is no other prophet or messenger of covenant, while some says it was directed to isreal which is totally repugnant and obviously allien to the context of isaiah, philipians 2:7 has changed from taking form of servant WHEN jesus was made in the likeness of man to ' yes, a servant in heaven but that there must be a time when he was not a servant, do you agree with that too, thats so serious!

we have to respectfully devide on issues so no need to drag the discussion into exchange of words as we earlier agreed. be neutral!

@Bernimoore do not be afraid to address me directly with my user ID and not using the term "some" which makes me feel like you are beginning to be afraid of me.
There was a thread opened by hisblud I think, we were debating frosbel about Christ preexistence and from no where you came threatening me that you are coming for me because you felt you won the debate we had concerning Jesus being an angel which I was not even aware... Seeing that made me realize you brag too much and I decided to in a way see what your character is like... This thread I started sarcastically about your mega bite etc. Then I said abeg keep quiet in my second post to you which is not an insult... From there check the post onward and tell me what I said about you and what I want to do. I said I will expose you... Why because you are not here to debate but here to try to make people look silly. You posted stuff from my thread that wasn't in relation to our current talk and make fun out of it. You continue to do it later when I post from other thread you said am disrespectful for posting other thread links in frosbel thread and you tried to act like you are taking permission to post when you posted before without permission. I stop here. My next post will address you... You and truthislight are really the name callers and insult and mockery leaders here... I dont really recall if I have called thruthislight names but I might have though but it may be very rear unlike U n him.
Re: Why Jesus, The Son Of God, Is NOT An Angel by BERNIMOORE: 11:43am On Sep 09, 2013
@Emusan, waiting for your reply

neutral pls
Re: Why Jesus, The Son Of God, Is NOT An Angel by benalvino(m): 11:48am On Sep 09, 2013

About Phil 2:6-7 could you tell me where I said Jesus became a servant on earth?
I have been telling you that he became a servant whether in earth or on earth all I know there was a time he was not a servant... You were the one who says he has always been a servant now you admit that he became a servant in heaven and trying to make it look like I said he became a servant on earth.
try not to put words in my mouth you do it all the time. That's how you said i said serpent is a cherub. Satan is not a snake but he is describe as a snake because snake is a simple of deceit. Anyways i show you a verse saying he was a cherub who was in the garden of Eden.

God was in the garden
God is not a cherub.
Adam and eve are humans and not a cherub
Satan was a cherub and he was in the garden as the serpent which revaltion identifies as him... You ignored all that and misquote me... Now you are repeating your misquote of me again.

Again i showed you a verse that says it was Jacob and yes there are other covenant God had with the people through his messengers. Abraham isaaac Jacob all have covenant with God and God drop that covenant and use the new one with Christ... So you can as well call Abraham Jacob and Isaac angels of the covenant too.
their covenant is called the old covenant and i will show you example later
Re: Why Jesus, The Son Of God, Is NOT An Angel by benalvino(m): 3:21pm On Sep 09, 2013
BERNIMOORE:

benalvino: You seem to drag me back all the time... Jesus was not a servant from the get go... Angels are created as servants... Jesus created them all... the bible says he was in the form GOD... angels was in the form SERVANTS... SOo Jesus Made him Self Servant... This alone has Shown that Jesus Shares same Nature as His father and not the Angels...

I have told you... Humans and animals are physical with flesh... But One is called animals and the other is called Humans... and Guess what... We are not of same nature... But same substance. Simple.

Till you get this into your Head you will keep making ridiculous statements like animals are the sons of men. https://www.nairaland.com/1403841/why-jesus-son-god-not/12#17836913
from the above quote amd link tell me where i said he became a servant on earth? there is more from me. you admit he became a servant but when i made same statement earlier you said am lieing

BERNIMOORE: LIE! BIG TIME LIE,

OK, YOU CHANGE TO USE OF SERVANT? YOU WILL MEET ME THERE; you are going to be tired of yourself with enough evidence you cant shove aside. here we go;

JESUS WAS GODS SERVANT RIGHT THERE IN HEAVEN, THIS IS OLD TESTAMENT ISAIAH ACCOUNT TESTIFIES JESUS IN SPIRIT FORM AS A SERVANT. dont think i have only malachi 3:1,

Again you fail to use the bible,

but here is old testament proof
https://www.nairaland.com/1403841/why-jesus-son-god-not/12#17837760

^^^my reply...
It is funny How you dont comprehend the bible or english...

3 question...
Did Jesus take the form of a servant? Yes or No....
Did the angels take or had choice to be servant or not? Yes or No....
Before Jesus became servant what form was he? a: a servant, b: God c:Human

After you post all that still phil 2:7 states that Jesus took upon the form of a servant... Now if you like say he took it in Heaven or on Earth! this will not change the fact that he wasn't a servant at first before he took upon the form of a servant... Another fail from you... try again.

For your information the angels are all servant of God... from when they are created to when satan rebel.... the righteous angels are all servants Of God till today.

So i guess you cant counter phil 2:7... It was clear that jesus was not servant when he was in heaven from the very start... Where he became servant heaven or earth doesnt matter anymore because at first he was not servant... He was in the form God... then took upon the form servant... the keep words are in red font. below

6who, although He existed in the form of God, did not regard equality with God a thing to be grasped, 7but emptied Himself, taking the form of a bond-servant, and being made in the likeness of men.…

the red font is what you cant deny.
https://www.nairaland.com/1403841/why-jesus-son-god-not/12#17839704
if only you could stop misquoting me... here you called me trinitarian and i say call me by my name... am continuing because emusan is here. i call you by your name so do the same.

my statement
Lol... you still dont get the point dont you...

me and you are created long after "the beginning"... Jesus was there... he was before all things all angels...
Me and you dont know when he became a servant or precisely when he became a servant... but what we do know is that at a point in time... He was in the Form GOD then later he took upon the form of a servant

Compare the above to angels was created as servants... their work is to serve God...
From their creation till today they are servants... they never took upon the form servant they were created like that...

Remember the bible say Jesus did not take equally with God at his own advantage... that tells you he was God... The word was God... the word Became flesh.

again Jesus took upon the form servant which means there was a time he was not servant.
https://www.nairaland.com/1403841/why-jesus-son-god-not/13#17843098

BERNIMOORE:
'if' there was a point whereby he was'nt a servant it is not proved,and goes to no issue, then we have to rewrite phil 2:7
first you agree that he became a servant and then the above you disgree that there was a time he was not a servant which goes againt the bible again... let me quote it again

Philippians 2:7
But made himself of no reputation, and took[size=18pt] upon him the form of a servant[/size], and was made in the likeness of men:
if you are a student you become an engineer it means from the first time you were a student and later become an engineer... if you are an engineer, you cant become an engineer because you are already an engineer.
Re: Why Jesus, The Son Of God, Is NOT An Angel by benalvino(m): 3:59pm On Sep 09, 2013
BERNIMOORE: but i see grounds changing, you said isaiah 42 was directed to a prophet when there is no other prophet or messenger of covenant, while some says it was directed to isreal which is totally repugnant and obviously allien to the context of isaiah, philipians 2:7 has changed from taking form of servant WHEN jesus was made in the likeness of man to ' yes, a servant in heaven but that there must be a time when he was not a servant, do you agree with that too, thats so serious!
there are other covenants God had with people before Jesus brought the new covenant...
these people are Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, the latter also known as Israel. God put the old covenant on hold because it was faulty and the decendant of Israel sined against God. So God had to reinstate the old covenant with a new one...

Genesis 17
1 When Abram was ninety-nine years old, the LORD appeared to him and said, “I am God Almighty; a walk before me and be blameless.
2 I will confirm my covenant between me and you and will greatly increase your numbers.”
3 Abram fell facedown, and God said to him,
4 “As for me, this is my covenant with you: You will be the father of many nations.
5 No longer will you be called Abram; b your name will be Abraham, c for I have made you a father of many nations.
6 I will make you very fruitful; I will make nations of you, and kings will come from you.
7 I will establish my covenant as an everlasting covenant between me and you and your descendants after you for the generations to come, to be your God and the God of your descendants after you.
8 The whole land of Canaan, where you are now an alien, I will give as an everlasting possession to you and your descendants after you; and I will be their God.”

Furthermore, God made it clear that this would be an everlasting covenant and that it would be established with Abraham’s second-born son Isaac, not with his first-born son Ishmael
Genesis 17
15 God also said to Abraham, “As for Sarai your wife, you are no longer to call her Sarai; her name will be Sarah.
16 I will bless her and will surely give you a son by her. I will bless her so that she will be the mother of nations; kings of peoples will come from her.”
17 Abraham fell facedown; he laughed and said to himself, “Will a son be born to a man a hundred years old? Will Sarah bear a child at the age of ninety?”
18 And Abraham said to God, “If only Ishmael might live under your blessing!”
19 Then God said, “Yes, but your wife Sarah will bear you a son, and you will call him Isaac. a I will establish my covenant with him as an everlasting covenant for his descendants after him.
20 And as for Ishmael, I have heard you: I will surely bless him; I will make him fruitful and will greatly increase his numbers. He will be the father of twelve rulers, and I will make him into a great nation.
21 But my covenant I will establish with Isaac, whom Sarah will bear to you by this time next year.”
22 When he had finished speaking with Abraham, God went up from him.

Isaac had twin sons, Esau and Jacob. God Himself foretold to their mother, Rachel, that two nations would come from them and that the older would serve the younger (Genesis 25:23). The elder brother, Esau, forfeited his birthright by selling it to the younger brother, Jacob, for some bread and lentil stew (Genesis 25:29-34). So the birthright, along with God’s covenant, went to Jacob, who was renamed Israel by God (Genesis 32:28).
it will very long i will add more
it is not very clear... but it seems isaiah is talking about 2 servants in isaiah 41 to 42 and on... and it is starting to show clearer that you are right about Isaiah 42:1-6 is talking about Jesus... but there is another servant which is israel.

anyways i cut my post short but looking at it we can tell there are some servants that God made covenant with before Jesus and these are isaac, Abraham, jacob the ones i know of. these people are all messengers of God... so By Mr. Bernimoore logic... they are also angel of the covenant that is now the old covenant
Re: Why Jesus, The Son Of God, Is NOT An Angel by BERNIMOORE: 10:28pm On Sep 09, 2013
@Emusan,

i will reply after you post response to my reply to your post, thanks
Re: Why Jesus, The Son Of God, Is NOT An Angel by BERNIMOORE: 2:54pm On Sep 10, 2013
@Emusan,

thanks you for your time! i realised that it will be difficult to be neutral without offending anybody here, thus you choose not offend.

we may have opportunity next time to engage each other better. at least it will be noted that it was when you decided to show up again, there was sanity that returned to the thread.

i earlier notified you that i can hold on or stop exchanging words with destractors only on 2 conditions and i kept to that 1, because of you, and 2,because of my good intention, and because you call for end to it, i decided not to reply further insults from one 'itsfacts' and 'benalvino' who twist it to be fear(another invitation to derail the thread i sensed that) grin grin grin, . i also think it will be fair not to derail another man's thread, no wonder the op frosbel; thread owner knew that it will degenerate to this level and left the thread since page 2.

But im so sorry, Bernimoore will not, back out, i was consistent on every single page to date, it is NOT in my charasteristic to give up my good message due to cheap blackmail, ehn, but rather i stay ever focused
Re: Why Jesus, The Son Of God, Is NOT An Angel by BERNIMOORE: 6:15pm On Sep 10, 2013

God was assuring jesus his servant there in the heaven before giving him out as a covenant as revealed by prophet isaiah

my point was very clear from the onset, that jesus was Gods servant right there in the heaven, (backed with proofs) but like i said, we dont neccesarily need to fight over forcing our resolve on each other but express them openly. at the same time respecting each other.

i still welcome constructive objections from anybody who is not here to destract as in not here to insult but got something reasonable upstairs.
Re: Why Jesus, The Son Of God, Is NOT An Angel by Itsfacts: 7:40am On Sep 11, 2013

God was assuring jesus his servant there in the heaven before giving him out as a covenant as revealed by prophet isaiah

my point was very clear from the onset, that jesus was Gods servant right there in the heaven, (backed with proofs) but like i said, we dont neccesarily need to fight over forcing our resolve on each other but express them openly. at the same time respecting each other.

i still welcome constructive objections from anybody who is not here to destract as in not here to insult but got something reasonable upstairs.

Are you talking to ya self?
You get the mods protection program now that they delete my post. Emusan not ready to talk go and sleep
Re: Why Jesus, The Son Of God, Is NOT An Angel by BERNIMOORE: 10:25am On Sep 11, 2013
grin grin grin vindication here at last grin
Re: Why Jesus, The Son Of God, Is NOT An Angel by BERNIMOORE: 10:34am On Sep 11, 2013
Truthislight, lets discuss some bible truth here,

6 “I, the Lord, have called You in righteousness,

Was God not here assuring jesus his chief servant there in heaven before giving him out as a covenant as revealed by prophet isaiah ?

yes or no?
Re: Why Jesus, The Son Of God, Is NOT An Angel by Itsfacts: 10:46am On Sep 11, 2013
BERNIMOORE: Truthislight, lets discuss some bible truth here,

Was God not here assuring jesus his chief servant there in heaven before giving him out as a covenant as revealed by prophet isaiah ?

yes or no?

Oh guy? You still dey talk to your self. Na case be this ya
Re: Why Jesus, The Son Of God, Is NOT An Angel by truthislight: 12:44am On Sep 12, 2013
BERNIMOORE: Truthislight, lets discuss some bible truth here,

yes or no?

Unless someone wants to deny Jesus preexistance, else it is very obvious who Yahweh was talking to.

Jesus was right there in heaven when that statement was made, Yahweh was not talking to an absentee, but to the messaiah to be, while he was still there in heaven assuring him of what he will do.

Yes! he was talking to Jesus.

Jesus himself said that the son can do nothing of his own initiative, but whatever he sees the father doing, so does he, "as he hears, so he judges.

Peace
Re: Why Jesus, The Son Of God, Is NOT An Angel by truthislight: 6:45am On Sep 12, 2013
@ Benimoor

good work, good work men.
Re: Why Jesus, The Son Of God, Is NOT An Angel by Nobody: 8:59am On Sep 12, 2013
Pastor Olu T:

No true Christian would ever say Jesus was an angel, and if any does it shows his/her ignorance. The bible clearly teaches Jesus preexistence before His birth, I just wonder why u never want to accept despite all the scriptures staring u in the face. Just to leave u with another one, Micah 5:2 You Bethlehem Ephrathah, are too small to be included among Judah's cities. Yet from you Israel's future ruler will come for me. His origin go back to distant past, to days long ago (God's word version).

Jesus is not just an angel but an archangel in heaven.

first, what do you understand by the word angel?
Re: Why Jesus, The Son Of God, Is NOT An Angel by BERNIMOORE: 9:50am On Sep 12, 2013
truthislight: @ Benimoor

good work, good work men.

grin grin grin truth is light and will continue pursue darkness and force them out!

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply)

How Come The Dogs Didn't Or Couldn't Eat Jezebel's Hands, Head And Feet? / A Verse That Kills Enemies In Psalm / How Should I Pay My Tithe?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 159
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.