Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,174 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:48 AM

25-year-old Nigerian Invents Electricity Generating Football - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 25-year-old Nigerian Invents Electricity Generating Football (520 Views)

Nigeria's Electricity Generating Supply Should Ideally Be...? / 25 Year Old Missing Nigerian Found Dead In Usa / Yasmine, El-rufai's 25 Year Old Daughter, Found Dead In London (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

25-year-old Nigerian Invents Electricity Generating Football by scopusng(m): 12:36am On Aug 20, 2013
Jessica Mathew, a 25-year-old Nigerian, from Edo State, yesterday presented an electricity generating football and skipping
rope she invented to President Goodluck Jonathan at the State House in Abuja.
The presentation earned Jessica an appointment as a soccer ambassador. The soccer ball, as demonstrated by Jessica, could
generate three hours of electricity after 30 minutes of play and could store power for three days.
She said, the electricity generated by the ball could be used as electricity source to power lighting points and household
equipments, adding that the airless football when not in use, could last for one-and-half years before replacement.
Jessica, a graduate of Psychology and Economics from Havard University, United States, said she taught herself Electrical and
Mechanical Engineering because she was keenly interested in it.
"I am a Nigerian and was at my Aunt's wedding when electrical power went off. Is there anyone who has not been affected? For
me I was raised to seek a solution when there is a problem, to be as creative as I can be and open to different ideas so I can
address any situation," she said.
On why she chose to use the football, She said, "to me, we all know that football is the most popular thing in the world. To most
people, a football form is the most convenient. Any man on the street will be attracted to kicking a football. So, the idea is to
put something that people really love and get more out of it.
Trade and Investment Minister, Olusegun Aganga said Jessica's innovation which has been accepted and already in use in the
US would be affordable when mass produced and introduced into the Nigerian market.

http://m.allafrica.com/stories/201308191698.html/
Re: 25-year-old Nigerian Invents Electricity Generating Football by stan4b(m): 2:51am On Aug 20, 2013
If it ll b able to power my tv nd home theater,then count me in.
Re: 25-year-old Nigerian Invents Electricity Generating Football by Dreal1247: 3:07am On Aug 20, 2013
Great indeed.
Re: 25-year-old Nigerian Invents Electricity Generating Football by felifeli: 7:01am On Aug 20, 2013
He needs mental care. BTW what is this doing under politics. Put in Jokes or Health section.

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria- You Cant Eat Your Cake And Have It. / Jonathan: Promise Fulfilled As Historic Intl Flight Lands In Enugu: Princess Ste / Pdp And Its Redemption Tactics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.