Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,259 members, 7,839,313 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 04:50 PM

Traditional Worshippers Day Declared In Osun State - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Traditional Worshippers Day Declared In Osun State (13172 Views)

Man Puts Python In His Mouth In Osun State (Photos) / Chanel Chin, The Queen Of Iwo, Osun State / Flogging Competition In Ipetu-Ijesha, Osun State (Photos & Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Traditional Worshippers Day Declared In Osun State by PECO4KING(m): 1:17pm On Aug 20, 2013
Live and let live. Wetin be ur problem I don't know why christians dey always criticize all religion. Worship wat u believe and let others worship wat dey believe. And let God judge not u . Mind u who are u to judge.

funshint: So wats difference btw what they're doing and Halloween?! Abeg leave Osun state alone O°˚˚˚ ...Osun a dara O°˚˚˚ !!!

2 Likes

Re: Traditional Worshippers Day Declared In Osun State by Nobody: 1:25pm On Aug 20, 2013
Fadelex: I'm a Christian, everybody cannot be a xtian and we've got to tolerate others to practice what they believed in. we can only pray for them that they realized the truth someday...

TRuE!

And they can only pray for you that you realised the truth someday. grin

2 Likes

Re: Traditional Worshippers Day Declared In Osun State by Ayopercent(m): 1:33pm On Aug 20, 2013
brownlord: AND THE STATE IS STILL THE MOST BACKWARD STATE IN NIGERIA
Wot d name of ur village,u beta stop takin dat ur drugs...

1 Like

Re: Traditional Worshippers Day Declared In Osun State by Revolva(m): 1:38pm On Aug 20, 2013
iamswizz: Pagan Naija go dey happy now... Abi he no dey Osun?

Our Traditional religions cannot take us anywhere..

Follow Christ!!!

Happy birthday, Seun Osewa
look at this idiot what has christainity taken you to ,traditional religion is more truthful than these imported religion that is causing so much confusion today

3 Likes

Re: Traditional Worshippers Day Declared In Osun State by Atmosfear: 1:40pm On Aug 20, 2013
Perfect. Locally made and foreign will compete side by side. When is the pilgrimage coming?

2 Likes

Re: Traditional Worshippers Day Declared In Osun State by Msgamble: 1:54pm On Aug 20, 2013
olumaxi: Its now obvious that Ogbeni and his APC members r just gamblin on how to govern..they ought to av known that road constructions and public holidays wont put food on d table of d masses..what we need him to do is to provide good jobs for d youth(not o-yes wch dia wards canneva do)..i think its tym we get rid of these fake people b4 they ruin our lives in this country
Well said, bro..this is what(hunger) we(the indegens) av been enjoying for d past 2yrs, market women, civil servant,skill worker av been complaining of slow trading, little or no money, while d gov. n his aides carry osun money go lagos to flenjo,he doesn't stay in osun for weekend(from thursday)..may GOD deliver us from them oooh..! Orelse hunger to kill person(civil servant,market women n skill worker or labour) ooo..! Omoluabi indeed..!
Re: Traditional Worshippers Day Declared In Osun State by Moorejoe(m): 2:07pm On Aug 20, 2013
This an issue we need to look at with all seriousness and not some purpose purposelessness as my Hon Patrick do say, the Isese day has been declared by the State of Osun Governor Ogbeni Rauf Aregbesola (as he wants to be called) is for religious harmony and tolerance. All I know is that this man wants a level playing ground for all religions of the country. If we have Christmas, Ileya festival why shouldn't they (traditional worshipers) have a day of their own,a day they can call theirs.
I won't but comment on the way it was done, the Government of the State of the Virtuous should have made this announcement a week before so that it would not affect the economic activities of that day. Bank doors are shut, Government establishments are closed for that day and some other important center for both Administrative businesses are not left out.
Next time when there would be a public holiday.....let the people know at least a week before.
Expecting you critics to criticize.

2 Likes

Re: Traditional Worshippers Day Declared In Osun State by ShineuEye: 2:08pm On Aug 20, 2013
3 Questions please :

(1)Is it true witches fly in Osun during the day?

(2) Did the witches specifically asked for today? (Why today ?)

(3)When is it a good time to go to Osun without being harassed by witches?
Re: Traditional Worshippers Day Declared In Osun State by MamiWata: 2:13pm On Aug 20, 2013
daywatcher:

where has Christ taken you that a traditionalist has not been to or even got there before you?

Christ has taken him/her and others to a place where they comfortably disrespect their own traditions and ancestors and worship everything imported. That is a place where traditional religions never lead.

2 Likes

Re: Traditional Worshippers Day Declared In Osun State by myola(m): 2:31pm On Aug 20, 2013
Dyt:

I hate hypocrites
I hate hypocrites too
Re: Traditional Worshippers Day Declared In Osun State by Nobody: 2:38pm On Aug 20, 2013
Okay, traditionalists have given us a public holiday, same with christians and muslims. All you atheists we need a public holiday from y'all. gringrin
Re: Traditional Worshippers Day Declared In Osun State by ematech2002(m): 2:45pm On Aug 20, 2013
God will safe this country, Public Holiday has become a child play. What a pitty the most backward state in the country declare public holiday for traditional religion when people are seriously praying to demolish their family idols. Uhmmmmm fire on the mountain in the State of Omoluabi. From living spring to Omoluabi.......
Re: Traditional Worshippers Day Declared In Osun State by Oduduwaboy(m): 2:53pm On Aug 20, 2013
Governor Aregbesola should be commended for this. All religions have the same purpose. We should not denigrate our traditional religions as they are not in any way inferior to any of the imported ones.

The last time i checked, Japan is an advanced society despite 98% of the population being adherents of SHINTOISM or simply atheists. China has successfully de-emphasized religion in their national life and they are daily progressing.

Europeans are either atheists or agnostics or practitioners of new age religion and progress is being made daily in their national life.

Africans and especially Nigerians are still living under either European or Arabic mental neo-colonialism. We pray and fast most in the world and behold we remain the most backward race.
Black man....emancipate thyself from this mental slavery that ye may wake into a new dawn of thy destiny!!!

4 Likes

Re: Traditional Worshippers Day Declared In Osun State by yetunsbay(m): 2:57pm On Aug 20, 2013
olumaxi: Its now obvious that Ogbeni and his APC members r just gamblin on how to govern..they ought to av known that road constructions and public holidays wont put food on d table of d masses..what we need him to do is to provide good jobs for d youth(not o-yes wch dia wards canneva do)..i think its tym we get rid of these fake people b4 they ruin our lives in this country
ntn cn b done to please human being...am quite sure if u are amng those offered job u wudnt b slandering lyk dis.So who told u dia is no job?
Re: Traditional Worshippers Day Declared In Osun State by yetunsbay(m): 3:15pm On Aug 20, 2013
CrazyMan: Bunch of wired looking people dressed in archaic costumes, sitting on bug infested mats and speaking to cowries …why not declare the whole week or month as public holiday so they can serve their deity properly.

*Long hiss*
emphaticall baboon

3 Likes

Re: Traditional Worshippers Day Declared In Osun State by Jobabori(m): 3:24pm On Aug 20, 2013
Rauf is a muslim, yet he allows other faiths to celebrate their religion. He is a model. A good muslim by my own judgement.

2 Likes

Re: Traditional Worshippers Day Declared In Osun State by bloggernaija: 3:27pm On Aug 20, 2013
About time to remind usurpers and invaders whom the land belongs to
Re: Traditional Worshippers Day Declared In Osun State by Nobody: 3:32pm On Aug 20, 2013
Lie
.....blatant lie...
Well,if u want to knw..he is alwez wif his mother btw thursday n sunday when he is free.....u cn go to ilesa to confirm!!
Msgamble: Well said, bro..this is what(hunger) we(the indegens) av been enjoying for d past 2yrs, market women, civil servant,skill worker av been complaining of slow trading, little or no money, while d gov. n his aides carry osun money go lagos to flenjo,he doesn't stay in osun for weekend(from thursday)..may GOD deliver us from them oooh..! Orelse hunger to kill person(civil servant,market women n skill worker or labour) ooo..! Omoluabi indeed..!
Re: Traditional Worshippers Day Declared In Osun State by Remii(m): 4:15pm On Aug 20, 2013

pls get off internet and visit osun, by the time that guy finished those ungoing projects, Osun will compete with and beat any state in Nigeria in terms of infrastructure. Anyone that really wants to work in the state is provided means of engagement as of today.

1 Like

Re: Traditional Worshippers Day Declared In Osun State by Remii(m): 4:18pm On Aug 20, 2013
Shine u Eye: 3 Questions please :

its not true, that na for Benin according to Godons, where every house na airport grin grin grin
Re: Traditional Worshippers Day Declared In Osun State by PAGAN9JA(m): 5:42pm On Aug 20, 2013
[size=28pt] THE GODS BLESS GODDESS OSUN!

THE GODS BLESS OSUN STATE!

THE GODS BLESS GOV. RAUF AREGBESOLA!

THE GODS BLESS NIGERIA!

A HAPPY OSUN OSHOGBO FESTIVE CELEBRATION TO ALL MY YORUBA BROTHERS AND SISTERS!

TO TRAD. PAGANS FROM ACCROSS THE COUNTRY AND TRIBES, THIS IS A FIRST STEP FORWARD!

DON'T GIVE UP HOPE , THERE IS MORE TO COME! [/size] cool
Re: Traditional Worshippers Day Declared In Osun State by Nobody: 5:52pm On Aug 20, 2013
Its obvious some ppl turn everything to public holiday....
Abi na laziness?
Re: Traditional Worshippers Day Declared In Osun State by PAGAN9JA(m): 5:53pm On Aug 20, 2013
Shine u Eye: 3 Questions please :

stop watching harry potter MUMU.

you are witch yourself.

2 Likes

Re: Traditional Worshippers Day Declared In Osun State by PAGAN9JA(m): 6:13pm On Aug 20, 2013

will you talk about foodstuff and jobs when we ban christmas and easter holidays? angry
Re: Traditional Worshippers Day Declared In Osun State by Oduyalerapheal(m): 6:16pm On Aug 20, 2013
What is their population when compare to other state in the country
Re: Traditional Worshippers Day Declared In Osun State by crazo(m): 6:32pm On Aug 20, 2013
am not for or against this traditional worshippers ish but the fact is that it was not fully announced and the awareness was quite low leaving majority of osun residents stranded because the banks and many other institutions didn't work...He should endeavor to make enough announcement next time.
Re: Traditional Worshippers Day Declared In Osun State by mojah19: 7:46pm On Aug 20, 2013
I'm glad to read this. FG pls take note. It is not easy to become a traditionalist. To be one you must be ready to keep your hands clean but how many are ready to do that? Long live ATR!
Re: Traditional Worshippers Day Declared In Osun State by Nobody: 7:59pm On Aug 20, 2013
iamswizz: Pagan Naija go dey happy now... Abi he no dey Osun?

Our Traditional religions cannot take us anywhere..

Follow Christ!!!

Happy birthday, Seun Osewa

A typical deluded black man. Where has christ taken Nigerian after 50 years of independence?

1 Like

Re: Traditional Worshippers Day Declared In Osun State by Nobody: 8:04pm On Aug 20, 2013
CrazyMan:
What has my user name got to do with the post I made?

Its parasites like you who reduce the quality of this forum…you go from board to board derailing threads and displaying your stupidity to members who care to read. You lack the intellect to engage people in a constructive discussion hence you resort to insults when challenged.

I’m done with you…when you get matured enough and need clarifications as to my initial posts about traditionalist feel free to contact me, and I would be glad to educate you. Until then, you can keep displaying to us how miserable and frustrated you are.

The username has to do with everything. You cannot called yourself scorpion and expect people to have a dove-like perception of you.
Re: Traditional Worshippers Day Declared In Osun State by Nobody: 8:07pm On Aug 20, 2013
Bash92: The public holiday was declared as today is the traditional worshippers day, so that the traditional religion worshippers in the state can enjoy the celebration with there gods at home today
This Governor has finally gone round the bend!
Re: Traditional Worshippers Day Declared In Osun State by okpukmbat: 9:34pm On Aug 20, 2013

dont worry the state will move forward on 25 december. Bigot.

Wait oooo.... And u forgot to include your surname. Idiotttt.... Paul i sabi peter nko..i sabi tam well well

hmm who are you.zealot
Re: Traditional Worshippers Day Declared In Osun State by okpukmbat: 9:46pm On Aug 20, 2013
steveec122: Which gods? I know Only one God-my creator.

den might yours. Must u force pple to believe no what u believe.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

A Brief On “moral Decadence: The Nigeria Situation” / Crazy Stuffs You Believed As A Kid Which You Still Believe Now / What Does Ileke Idi Mean?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.