Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,781 members, 7,817,245 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:40 AM

The Plight Of A Madonna University Law Graduate - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Plight Of A Madonna University Law Graduate (35980 Views)

The Plight Of A Nigerian Medical Student / Nigerian Law Graduate Makes History In The University Of Reading UK (Pictured) / The Plight Of The Nigerian Overseas Federal Scholarship Students - Ikenna David (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Plight Of A Madonna University Law Graduate by Nobody: 1:30pm On Aug 20, 2013
This is the problem with us nigerians, instead of looking for solution to help our brother, we fustrate him the more with hating words. why? if u dont have any positive advice, pls keep quite. what is wrong in attending a private uni? @op, i understand what u'r going thru cos i went to the uni too. u guys should gather urselv and write to the sch authorith. u can even meet with father chancelor to discuse it. am sure, he will do something about it. if there's need to sue nig law sch, it will make more sense if madonna university do it. u dont need to brieb
Re: The Plight Of A Madonna University Law Graduate by Nobody: 1:33pm On Aug 20, 2013
... "still yet"? I wonder the kind of education we receive these days. you can imagine someone in LL.B5 speaking this kind of grammar
Honeyhill: am in my llb5 nw,unical..........we are given 150 slots....still yet results issh and strike wont let unical send d full 150.......like nw with ASUU strike,no hope of law school dis yr.......just pay d mony,if u can afford fees for 5yrs.....u can afford dis last one for sure

1 Like

Re: The Plight Of A Madonna University Law Graduate by collynzo2(m): 1:34pm On Aug 20, 2013
Glorified secondary school, Madonna is! 500 law graduates in one year?
Re: The Plight Of A Madonna University Law Graduate by owolabifunke14(f): 1:35pm On Aug 20, 2013
gentlefada: i am a law student at Obafemi Awolowo University where currently in my class the population is about 350 and the qouta for my school is 250. In another class in the faculty the population is 400+. The school authority knowing that the qouta is 250 still go ahead to admit more than that amount because their family or friend did not make the cut off and wants to study law by all means due to this everyone would not go to law school at the paericular year that they are suppose to. So my brother like my school your school is facing the same problem because if they knew that the cut off is 50 then why are they admitting more than 50 students? I guess you know the ansher to that.
You be lawyer as you dey so? All of una wey dey claim lawyer no even sabi write pass we wey no go secondary school. Heheheheheheheheheheh

1 Like

Re: The Plight Of A Madonna University Law Graduate by brownlord: 1:38pm On Aug 20, 2013
She said she is studying at Birmingham university UK but she came home because of the ASUU strike...Even devil, was shocked. Girls nd lie lie

steadily on my alomo and sabrina

1 Like

Re: The Plight Of A Madonna University Law Graduate by gbolahanoluyemi(m): 1:38pm On Aug 20, 2013
@ venorite, blame it on your school, I finished from the Law School few years ago and I know the Law School has quota for every school depending on accreditation status and past record in terms of results, your school (madonna) should have admitted based on their quota and not take 500 when it only has a quota of 40 or thereabout. Am sure Igbinedion does not have similar problems so its nt abt your school being private

1 Like

Re: The Plight Of A Madonna University Law Graduate by owolabifunke14(f): 1:38pm On Aug 20, 2013
Ayee Idris: No be all private schools get this wahala. At least in my time in 2006, my school (Igbins) was very clear that there was only 70 slots for the school and we were 77. It warned everyone to clear their carryover baggage before the end of the year. Most of them did and was able to go with the first batch. Those that didn't, went with second. No private university has above 150 slots, so I see no reason why Madonna has 500 students. Its so wrong. But then again, this is the same school that lost its medical accreditation when students were in 300 level and many students ended up leaving and coming to ours.(Not like we were any better but atleast our medical students "eventually" graduate)

Surely, there must be bodies with whom you and the other students can band together and lodge a complaint. Write a letter to the NBA to be of assistance. Ask one of the students currently in law school to ask a lecturer on the best route to take. I feel your pain. It is well.
Lawyer I won get nairaland immunity clause

2 Likes

Re: The Plight Of A Madonna University Law Graduate by Nobody: 1:39pm On Aug 20, 2013
collynzo2: Glorified secondary school, Madonna is! 500 law graduates in one year?
Stop making the op feel too frustrated.

2 Likes

Re: The Plight Of A Madonna University Law Graduate by owolabifunke14(f): 1:41pm On Aug 20, 2013
brownlord: She said she is studying at Birmingham university UK but she came home because of the ASUU strike...Even devil, was shocked. Girls nd lie lie

steadily on my alomo and sabrina
Chauvinist,we no lie pass una
Re: The Plight Of A Madonna University Law Graduate by collynzo2(m): 1:41pm On Aug 20, 2013
Acheme86: ... "still yet"? I wonder the kind of education we receive these days. you can imagine someone in LL.B5 speaking this kind of grammar
Before criticizing him, learn how to capitalize properly and know the difference between 'writing' and 'speaking'. Thanks

1 Like

Re: The Plight Of A Madonna University Law Graduate by Mization(m): 1:46pm On Aug 20, 2013
woodcook: I thought people come to this forum to seek advice/help and get one in return. Based on the comments above I am beginning to think otherwise. That he attended a private uni is not a crime, please if anyone out there has a solution or at least word of advise for him, kindly let him know. As for those attacking him, the op may have sounded strong but deep inside you guys don't know how frustrating it is for him, whether he is on the verge of committing suicide. Please when people come to this forum with their problems if you don't have anything positive to say to them just keep quiet. You never can tell what harm your careless "joke" may cause someone.
thannks for this wondeful piece.I pray God grants them the wisdom, knowledge and. Understanding to show some love to their brother next door.
Re: The Plight Of A Madonna University Law Graduate by Mization(m): 1:47pm On Aug 20, 2013
Mization: thanks for this wonderful piece.I pray God grants them the wisdom, knowledge and Understanding to show some love to their brother next door.
Re: The Plight Of A Madonna University Law Graduate by ceejayluv(m): 1:49pm On Aug 20, 2013
domcarez:
thanks bro for that wonderful question, no offence to the OP but undergraduates and graduates of the so called private universities always think high of themselves above their contemporaries in state or federal universities probably because they paid exorbitant fees to get admission withou necessarily going through the rigors of writing jamb,post ume and enduring the nonchalant attitude of some staffs of govt schools. Bottom line is, u guys have not tasted the bitter side of university life which is occassioned by constant struggle for survival resulting to a complete individual. Private Universities are business establishments,take it or leave it.
What has this gotta do with the question he asked. As long as the law course in the private uni was accredited by the NUC, he has every right to complain if he hasn't been admitted in law school.
Passing through stress in our inefficient public universities actually does more harm than good.
I attended a federal uni as well, but I don't regard one who attended a private uni as an idiot as you just did.

on a final note, ALL Nigerian public universities produce sub-standard graduates. Prove me wrong. Our system is bleeped and all you can do is beat your chest on how inefficiencies and frustrations in schools make one a "complete" individual? a psychologically beat-down half-baked graduate is a "complete" individual? No make me laugh.
Re: The Plight Of A Madonna University Law Graduate by Freezle(m): 1:50pm On Aug 20, 2013
Nice one. Supported! We have to be reasonable here and stop being a clown.

woodcook: I thought people come to this forum to seek advice/help and get one in return. Based on the comments above I am beginning to think otherwise. That he attended a private uni is not a crime, please if anyone out there has a solution or at least word of advise for him, kindly let him know. As for those attacking him, the op may have sounded strong but deep inside you guys don't know how frustrating it is for him, whether he is on the verge of committing suicide. Please when people come to this forum with their problems if you don't have anything positive to say to them just keep quiet. You never can tell what harm your careless "joke" may cause someone.
Re: The Plight Of A Madonna University Law Graduate by Godmann(m): 1:51pm On Aug 20, 2013
blink182: Children of paupers and losers always hating whenever they can. We are not responible for the mediocre lives your parents are living and the one you fear you are about to start living. grin grin grin

Sorry Dude; the evil country that your parents helped to create is killing all of us. Why are you crying?

Go to the east; the poors are surviving from trading; the "lazy elites" that killed our country cannot work, because the companies are dead. What do we have? Nothing. very soon the ministry and the few banks remaining will not enough for all of you.

I laugh. Elite or poor; we all are feeling the pains of laziness
Re: The Plight Of A Madonna University Law Graduate by obicentlis: 1:51pm On Aug 20, 2013
zonaking: Did u pass jamb? That's the reason. You took the short cut hoping to avoid the due process but were caught in between. So you ve to wait.
Why will u say that? Do you think Madonna University admits students without JAMB result? What I am petty sure is that every school in Nigeria has a program like predegree through which students are admitted into degree program after taking courses and passing it.
So, madonna doesn't cut corners bro.

1 Like

Re: The Plight Of A Madonna University Law Graduate by jjay28(m): 1:51pm On Aug 20, 2013
if u can pay ur way thru a private university,u can as wel afford 2 pay ur way into law school.
Re: The Plight Of A Madonna University Law Graduate by Nobody: 1:52pm On Aug 20, 2013
phlamy:

Which level u dey again abeg.

re-write this thing you wrote above before I call Patrick for you
........lol,ive seen ur point,correct it and move on bro
Re: The Plight Of A Madonna University Law Graduate by chingydaboss(m): 1:54pm On Aug 20, 2013
Your ignorance is alarming.. who told u pple from private skols don't write jamb.. y must u sound lyk an 'Awu' .... behave ursef or u join ur mates @ yaba left..
domcarez:
thanks bro for that wonderful question, no offence to the OP but undergraduates and graduates of the so called private universities always think high of themselves above their contemporaries in state or federal universities probably because they paid exorbitant fees to get admission withou necessarily going through the rigors of writing jamb,post ume and enduring the nonchalant attitude of some staffs of govt schools. Bottom line is, u guys have not tasted the bitter side of university life which is occassioned by constant struggle for survival resulting to a complete individual. Private Universities are business establishments,take it or leave it.
Re: The Plight Of A Madonna University Law Graduate by spongebuny: 1:57pm On Aug 20, 2013
domcarez:

i smell beef...nawa! if you cant answer the poor Lad's question just zip it!!! the fact that you could not afford a private school does not mean u can talk trash!!! Nigerians and their low thinking....mschwwwwwwwwwww
Re: The Plight Of A Madonna University Law Graduate by zubis05: 1:57pm On Aug 20, 2013
Most of you going on and on about private schools are simply angry you couldn't afford them. You open your mouths to bash US any opportunity you get. Yes I went to a private school and I am happy I did. If not for anything my school moulded me into the man I think I am today. Was paying the school fees easy? NO! I know what my parents went through to pay my fees. Someone is talking about private schools being a shortcut,I stayed at home for three years without admission(2 of those 3years I had complete papers) did your federal or state school giv me admission? After wasting 3years of my life at home,I knew I had to go to a school where I knew my year and date of graduation..simply put,please don't just open your mouths and start insulting people who went to private schools because of a microscopic few(thanks to Patrick Obahiagbon) you have come in contact with. I rest my case
Re: The Plight Of A Madonna University Law Graduate by Chomzy19(f): 2:01pm On Aug 20, 2013
@OP for nw nuffin can be done abt it, cos d no of law schls in Nig is quite small, so all schls re allocated a no of seats in law school based on wether they re accredited n hw well dy did in their accreditation whch is based on d quality of teachin in dt schl, admission in priv universities by their nature is nt quite tasking wch leads to their admission of large no of studs wch they grage at d same tym, ur schl graduated 5oo law studs in 1 yr Imagine! D truth is that since they know their qouta in law schl is 50, dy shld admit only abt 80-100 studs, what were they plannin to do wit d rest? Ur schl is d cause of its problems. D only thing u can do is to go ahead wit ur service n do ur masters while waitin for d yr it gets to ur turn, or u raise money n bribe ur way thru... U cn send a petition to d HA to build more law schls; u can also sue ur schl, its their duty to send each stud they grage to law schl immediately after graduatn.
Re: The Plight Of A Madonna University Law Graduate by Appliedmaths(m): 2:01pm On Aug 20, 2013
There was a thread were we had this private university vs federal/state university, and the other guy told the other guy to stop complaining about ASUU strike and go to a private sch instead. If this is what the private schools have to offer, then I think I prefer my federal university even if ASUU dey misbehave.
Re: The Plight Of A Madonna University Law Graduate by yeriyamaruma(f): 2:07pm On Aug 20, 2013
Maybe i sholud asked did u pple pass tru jamb and ur skol go on strike d way Fed and State skol go on strike §☺ pls stop comparing ur skol τ̲̅ȍ Fed and State skol.
Re: The Plight Of A Madonna University Law Graduate by Nobody: 2:08pm On Aug 20, 2013
smh at the folly of the populace and the 'untreatable' in-depth ignorance of the youthful useless f00ls on the thread.

I never attended a private uni but I wish I had the fund back then to attend one..

Visit the F.U & S.U and see some matured men old enough to father 14 triplets still struggling for G.S.T. 101 class due to the god of Nigerian -JAMB

Y'all had better take your destinies in your hands and deliver ya ignorant selves from this in depth folly..

Most schools abroad are already begging students to come take courses online and offline and turning the uni business into marketing and survival of the fittest..

While my Fellow Nigerians view uni education has something you need to die for!
Something you need to sweat and kill yourself to get...

Anyways, thats not the reason why I'm here..

@Op, forward a petition to the F.G or the relevant agency..

I'm sure something positive would come out...

As for those displaying their folly gestures:
Ignore them!

They are only jealous
May be they couldn't afford it
or they hate the fact that private unis like their counterparts abroad produce under 20 graduates.. 18yr old graduates etc...

and now that your peeps are in school while they're roaming the streets of the untarred Federal roads... anger, hatred, bigotry, folly and f00lishness is inevitable

smiley cheesy

1 Like

Re: The Plight Of A Madonna University Law Graduate by yeriyamaruma(f): 2:12pm On Aug 20, 2013
Maybe i sholud asked do u pple pass tru jamb and ur skol go on strike d way Fed and State skol go on strike §☺ pls stop comparing ur skol τ̲̅ȍ Fed and State skol.
Re: The Plight Of A Madonna University Law Graduate by Nobody: 2:17pm On Aug 20, 2013
yeriyamaruma: Maybe i sholud asked do u pple pass tru jamb and ur skol go on strike d way Fed and State skol go on strike §☺ pls stop comparing ur skol τ̲̅ȍ Fed and State skol.

Jesus Christ of Nazareth!

So strike is a parameter to which you measure strong universities..?? shocked shocked grin

Kai... I don die grin grin grin grin grin grin

Your type would also prefer reading on a mango tree over a a.c fitted room..
grin grin
Re: The Plight Of A Madonna University Law Graduate by gentlefada(m): 2:20pm On Aug 20, 2013
owolabifunke14: You be lawyer as you dey so? All of una wey dey claim lawyer no even sabi write pass we wey no go secondary school. Heheheheheheheheheheh
if you no go secondary school then how you take know pesin wey sabi write well...... Na for ur house you school....
Re: The Plight Of A Madonna University Law Graduate by Namiad(m): 2:21pm On Aug 20, 2013
domcarez:
really?u are talking like a poor man...if u are rich u wont utter those words..ur likes are those who suddenly make small bucks and preaching rags to riches stories..it takes pain staking effort to gain whatever it is but u musnt suffer to get der.
Re: The Plight Of A Madonna University Law Graduate by Nobody: 2:25pm On Aug 20, 2013
Op you say you are a law graduate? Then i believe you should know what to do. Arent you an activist? Dont you have activists in your graduating set? Who is your faculty President? As a law student when you speak, things should happen! When you make threats people should shake!

There is nothing as effective as collective action. Get a list of your classmates who havent gone to law school and get them to sign. Now draft a letter to your Dean and copy your father whatever his name is, threaten to take legal action. Also get your University Act as a backup. You should find something there to support your case. Also try to get this published in a national daily.

I would advise you resolve it before October. Many federal schools would be unable to send students to law school because of the ASUU strike and law school resumes October 21st. Only private universities and federal schools like UNILAG and UNILORIN have written their final exams and submitted their list to law school so there will be many empty slots this year. Do something! stage a protest! Be active, let your voice be heard!!!!

1 Like

Re: The Plight Of A Madonna University Law Graduate by Sike(m): 2:26pm On Aug 20, 2013
Aafulenu: Are u guys beefing him just cos he went to a private uni? Common thats uncalled for. Its just like kicking a person thats already down.

@op the only solution i can see is for u to try and raise d money and pay. #Simple
The End.
Re: The Plight Of A Madonna University Law Graduate by brownlord: 2:30pm On Aug 20, 2013
acidosis™:
smh at the folly of the populace and the 'untreatable' in-depth ignorance of the youthful useless f00ls on the thread.

I never attended a private uni but I wish I had the fund back then to attend one..

Visit the F.U & S.U and see some matured men old enough to father 14 triplets still struggling for G.S.T. 101 class due to the god of Nigerian -JAMB

Y'all had better take your destinies in your hands and deliver ya ignorant selves from this in depth folly..

Most schools abroad are already begging students to come take courses online and offline and turning the uni business into marketing and survival of the fittest..

While my Fellow Nigerians view uni education has something you need to die for!
Something you need to sweat and kill yourself to get...

Anyways, thats not the reason why I'm here..

@Op, forward a petition to the F.G or the relevant agency..

I'm sure something positive would come out...

As for those displaying their folly gestures:
Ignore them!

They are only jealous
May be they couldn't afford it
or they hate the fact that private unis like their counterparts abroad produce under 20 graduates
.. 18yr old graduates etc...

and now that your peeps are in school while they're roaming the streets of the untarred Federal roads... anger, hatred, bigotry, folly and f00lishness is inevitable

smiley cheesy

Let me enlighten you @bolded, jealous ke, see let me educate you and your likes on this thread who keep shouting ASUU strike and as such see that as a reason to bash us.

To all our foreign fans who are curious about knowing the meaning of ASUU Strike: ASUU Strike is an annual festival
done in Nigerian Universities whereby students are not allowed to go to school during the festival. The date of the event
is always fixed by the lecturers of Nigerian state and federal universities. The event is remarkable in that everyone is a spectator. Highlight of the festival is the wrestling match between federal executive council and the
leaders of the lecturers. There is no referee to officiate the wrestling match, as such, the wrestling comes to an end when both contestants are tired .The duration of the festival is indefinite depending on the strength of the wrestlers. If you are wondering where to spend your vacation then Nigeria should be your destination because the festival is at its peak now!!!
Happy ASUU STRIKE to Nigerian students who re on strike we pray d Contestants get tired soon!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

LAUTECH Investigates Death Of Final Year Student Who Fell Into Soakaway (Photo) / Nursery School In Calabar Flogs Parents For Bringing Their Kids Late To School / Unilag Student Survives Ritualist Attack On Campus ( Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.