Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,845 members, 7,817,499 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:16 PM

The Plight Of A Madonna University Law Graduate - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Plight Of A Madonna University Law Graduate (35982 Views)

The Plight Of A Nigerian Medical Student / Nigerian Law Graduate Makes History In The University Of Reading UK (Pictured) / The Plight Of The Nigerian Overseas Federal Scholarship Students - Ikenna David (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Plight Of A Madonna University Law Graduate by bluejeff(m): 4:59pm On Aug 20, 2013
Re: The Plight Of A Madonna University Law Graduate by jpphilips(m): 4:59pm On Aug 20, 2013
okpara ugo: Protest to the National University Commission via a formal letter..

Nigerians, be your brothers' keeper for once. Some are here hating on a disadvantaged person.

This is what we call negative attitude and it doesnt take anybody to the top. I have learnt to keep quiet whenever someone is beefing me because he is definitely the looser at last...

How is he disadvantaged? the dude has spent close to 4million naira in 5 yrs yet he is begging for a privilege people who paid a quarter of his fees get free? what else is stup1d1ty? one musn't wait to be called a f00l before he knows his place in the society.
Most people that made sacrifices to go to the right schools, did so for reasons like this; he is a lawyer, he should be taking father Edeh to court not whining on nairaland.
Re: The Plight Of A Madonna University Law Graduate by eldoradoxx: 5:12pm On Aug 20, 2013
D' Genius:
let me kindly use this space to comment than allow D'Genius to comment. The Council of Legal Education accredits Law Faculties of Nigerian Universities aside NUC general accreditation. And this CLE accreditation determines the number of law school forms that each faculty of law gets by performance of each school in the course of accreditation. And CLE scores each school's faculty and fix the number of graduates that gets admiqtted to law school. Madonna perhaps was rated low and allowed only 55 spaces in law school. The school management knows exactly what to do to increase the intake of its students.
Re: The Plight Of A Madonna University Law Graduate by jpphilips(m): 5:13pm On Aug 20, 2013
MBEGBU CC: The boy said that about 500 student's graduated from law in Madonna university in 2011, if I am to judge the number is outrageous because I know in my school UNN, they admit about 120 to 130 student's every session.

I thought so too, he went to a money bag school where the future of the children are not considered a bit, hostel is over crowded, no facilities in their teaching hospitals, sometimes they do attach with Govt owned institutions, now, if the govt standard is regarded as deplorable, much less an attache?
yet insane parents still go there to waste their livelihood, there is more than enough Madonna complaints online for a normal human being to know there is fire on the mountain, yet people don't listen, when its time to run, everybody wants to garner sympathy. i don't get, how could you spend such a huge amount without asking the pertinent questions;

WHERE ARE MY PREDECESSORS? did you steal the money you paid for school fees? are your parents illiterate? didn't you see this coming till you wasted 5yrs of your life and about to waste another 5yrs? cos if you are considering pulling out from second year or first year, one can assume you made an honest mistake? were you expecting a miracle to happen during your own time?

I may have offended people who want to sell their sympathies but hey; i ask questions to get answers.
Re: The Plight Of A Madonna University Law Graduate by cutestA: 5:27pm On Aug 20, 2013
@ Op I'm also a victim. Graduated 2010
Re: The Plight Of A Madonna University Law Graduate by jpphilips(m): 5:28pm On Aug 20, 2013
Imanuelle: 500 is too much

Madonna was only concerned about chopping school fees

this one na 1chance

who paid the school fees? goats?? did father Edeh accost anybody with a gun asking them to submit their money to him?
A man who meets a gal today and decides to pay her bride price the next day, is saying that he is surprised the gal has a questionable character, who is supposed to find out for him? god?

As we are sympathizing here, there are parents lined up waiting to pick up madonna forms, even some go as far as bribing their way through the process. I tire for some people

any update from the parents of the madonna boys who were burnt alive? cos dis guy's problem is junior compared to the real issues surrounding Madonna.

Re: The Plight Of A Madonna University Law Graduate by ucnduka(f): 5:38pm On Aug 20, 2013
as much as I sympathise with you poster, pls u can't blame nuc or nigerian law school for your plight. Hw can a single university graduate 500 law students in a country with only 3 law schools? Is dat not foolishness? Na only madonna dey nigeria abi? Seriously, Nig. Bar association shld look into this and give each school a definite qouta for a graduating set just like what MDCN did with medical schools...seriously you guys should sue your university for deceiving you! Rubbish!
Re: The Plight Of A Madonna University Law Graduate by brownlord: 5:40pm On Aug 20, 2013
durella32: Mehn bro urs is beta ooh dnt knw if u've heard of leadcity university d skul runs an illegal law progrmme nd students do graduate every year nd all dy do is to sit @ home wit no hope of goin to law skul

You see another victim, and some idiots here would come spew trash those that went to federal and state school dint have the money to attend post secondary school, what in the hell is leadcity university, why not leadstate or leadcountry, money when una go give me take do better thing.

1 Like

Re: The Plight Of A Madonna University Law Graduate by Nobody: 5:46pm On Aug 20, 2013
Pls shut up cuz u hv notin meaningful to say but shameless tellin us the height of immorality u attained while in schl.clap 4 urself that u went to schl to learn hw to bleep .so much for Nigerian graduates whr ova 70% are half baked! mtchewwwww
Poor as5!jealous of them cuz ur pple cudnt afford to send u to private schl tongue

brownlord:

Just pray that God give your children the brain to pass JAMB.

Chai, thank God my parents dint have the money to send me to private University, imagine how i for graduate begin behave like mumu, one of their first class student come out the other day say "I DINT KISS A BOY" imagine say i go school like AMBROSE ALLI UNIVERSITY i no bleep any girl before i graduate, wetin i come gain? na so i go just go school go waist my papa school fees, i no nack the girls when dey my dept. faculty and school when i go for 4 yrs chai i for tear my result go write jamb again.
Re: The Plight Of A Madonna University Law Graduate by ruffneck(m): 6:03pm On Aug 20, 2013
aijaydiva: My sister is going tru d same thing... The number limit for law sch admission is to small. Even if there are only 100 students, admitting only 50 pple 4 madonna is just too small. For y'all beefing d Op because he went to a private sch is just silly and childish
From all standards Madonna uni shld not produce more than 50 law graduates in a year
Re: The Plight Of A Madonna University Law Graduate by ruffneck(m): 6:03pm On Aug 20, 2013
aijaydiva: My sister is going tru d same thing... The number limit for law sch admission is to small. Even if there are only 100 students, admitting only 50 pple 4 madonna is just too small. For y'all beefing d Op because he went to a private sch is just silly and childish
By all standards Madonna uni shld not produce more than 50 law graduates in a year
Re: The Plight Of A Madonna University Law Graduate by ruffneck(m): 6:16pm On Aug 20, 2013
MBEGBU CC: The boy said that about 500 student's graduated from law in Madonna university in 2011, if I am to judge the number is outrageous because I know in my school UNN, they admit about 120 to 130 student's every session.
So on point.I went to UNN too and the largest set of law stdnts I saw was abt 220 or there about.how then can Madonna produce about 500 graduates in a year.I thnk NUC shld deaccredit their law faculty asap.Some of these private unis are jst aout to make money at d expense of students.For all I care madonna shld nt produce more than 30 law graduates a year
Re: The Plight Of A Madonna University Law Graduate by Tractor(m): 6:37pm On Aug 20, 2013
Aafulenu: Are u guys beefing him just cos he went to a private uni? Common thats uncalled for. Its just like kicking a person thats already down.

@op the only solution i can see is for u to try and raise d money and pay. #Simple
To raise money is not a big deal 2 him. This z b/c madonna versity z 4 d rich only. So, since he z rich, let him join his colleagues in lobbying.
Re: The Plight Of A Madonna University Law Graduate by crackhouse(m): 6:40pm On Aug 20, 2013
yeriyamaruma: Maybe i sholud asked did u pple pass tru jamb and ur skol go on strike d way Fed and State skol go on strike §☺ pls stop comparing ur skol τ̲̅ȍ Fed and State skol.
you are the Highest Olodo so far
Re: The Plight Of A Madonna University Law Graduate by salykely(m): 6:47pm On Aug 20, 2013
Excelboi: Thatz why i love BUK. 200 slots in the law school is been given to them. Its a federal school by the way. @ OP, dont waste time waiting for them, go for your service then proceed with your masters. Just pray before you are through, it will be sorted out.
finished 4rm buk in 2011, 200 slots were given to us, 60 graduated and d remaining 140 was handed over to backlog.
Re: The Plight Of A Madonna University Law Graduate by Nobody: 6:48pm On Aug 20, 2013
jp philips:

who paid the school fees? goats?? did father Edeh accost anybody with a gun asking them to submit their money to him?
A man who meets a gal today and decides to pay her bride price the next day, is saying that he is surprised the gal has a questionable character, who is supposed to find out for him? god?

As we are sympathizing here, there are parents lined up waiting to pick up madonna forms, even some go as far as bribing their way through the process. I tire for some people

any update from the parents of the madonna boys who were burnt alive? cos dis guy's problem is junior compared to the real issues surrounding Madonna.

im just indifferent on the issue

BTW

it's uniport guys that were burnt or did another happen in Madonna?
Re: The Plight Of A Madonna University Law Graduate by greedie1(f): 7:24pm On Aug 20, 2013
Hmmm
Re: The Plight Of A Madonna University Law Graduate by MhizLee(f): 7:27pm On Aug 20, 2013
domcarez:
thanks bro for that wonderful question, no offence to the OP but undergraduates and graduates of the so called private universities always think high of themselves above their contemporaries in state or federal universities probably because they paid exorbitant fees to get admission withou necessarily going through the rigors of writing jamb,post ume and enduring the nonchalant attitude of some staffs of govt schools. Bottom line is, u guys have not tasted the bitter side of university life which is occassioned by constant struggle for survival resulting to a complete individual. Private Universities are business establishments,take it or leave it.
public universities too where people buy admissions and as well as sort their results through school. Everything that has advantages also has disadvantages. #shikena# stop the beef and give a beTter advice (if u have any). undecided
Re: The Plight Of A Madonna University Law Graduate by MhizLee(f): 7:36pm On Aug 20, 2013
grin For the records, there are 6 law schools now: abuja, lagos, enugu, kano, bayelsa and Yola.
uc nduka: as much as I sympathise with you poster, pls u can't blame nuc or nigerian law school for your plight. Hw can a single university graduate 500 law students in a country with only 3 law schools? Is dat not foolishness? Na only madonna dey nigeria abi? Seriously, Nig. Bar association shld look into this and give each school a definite qouta for a graduating set just like what MDCN did with medical schools...seriously you guys should sue your university for deceiving you! Rubbish!
Re: The Plight Of A Madonna University Law Graduate by teemy(m): 8:04pm On Aug 20, 2013
one point being overlookeed so far is that since there are some seemingly available spaces why make it available to some by way of bribe rather than open merit?
Re: The Plight Of A Madonna University Law Graduate by Ekowise(m): 8:04pm On Aug 20, 2013
Som ar here ranting their mouth about one going to a private uni. Do u knw wot led some their? 40% of students or graduates in fed and state uni can not boost of getting admision there on merit if not for d sake of Oga@Top. If u are a parent with the opportunity(d moni) considering Nigeria situation, won't u send ur child to a private uni wit all sincererity?
Always make point out of sentiment.
Re: The Plight Of A Madonna University Law Graduate by Ustec: 9:30pm On Aug 20, 2013
spongeback:
He studied law not tailoring
. Can't u see he delibrately use dat word with a red colour,.use ur sense na..
Re: The Plight Of A Madonna University Law Graduate by Nobody: 9:50pm On Aug 20, 2013
Ustec: . Can't u see he delibrately use dat word with a red colour,.use ur sense na..
And your sense didn't tell you,that i highlighted that part myself
Re: The Plight Of A Madonna University Law Graduate by Nobody: 9:57pm On Aug 20, 2013
grin
Re: The Plight Of A Madonna University Law Graduate by Nobody: 10:18pm On Aug 20, 2013
The reasons is simple, your school admitted more than the quota given to it by law schools regulatory body, just to generate more fund. Its happens to any school that does not adhere to quota in the admission of students not just private unis.
Re: The Plight Of A Madonna University Law Graduate by Nobody: 10:39pm On Aug 20, 2013
Its funny when some dudes, say that those that attended pub unis, did because they couldn't afford private unis. I graduated from FUTO and in my dept then, we had son of a senator(Chika chukwumerije) and many rich dudes, urs sincerely inclusive.
Re: The Plight Of A Madonna University Law Graduate by ucnduka(f): 10:40pm On Aug 20, 2013
Mhiz Lee: grin For the records, there are 6 law schools now: abuja, lagos, enugu, kano, bayelsa and Yola.
did not know d ones in kano,bayelsa and yola are already functional...ok na.
Re: The Plight Of A Madonna University Law Graduate by dayorx(m): 11:07pm On Aug 20, 2013
As a lawyer, d reason for Madonna's prob is dat d school probably has partial accreditation from the council of legal education which is d body dat admitts students to d law sch. Partial accreditation means a Uni like Madonna shud ordinarilly nt admit more dan 50-60 students per session as dey can only send abt 50 students to d law sch.
Hence Madonna shud neva graduate 500 students in 1 year that is outrageous, it also means d quality of their grads wud b questionable.
Poor fellow him go roast tire, d law sch no longer condones such, he will just hv to lobby like everyone else
Re: The Plight Of A Madonna University Law Graduate by georgesylva(m): 11:32pm On Aug 20, 2013
domcarez:
thanks bro for that wonderful question, no offence to the OP but undergraduates and graduates of the so called private universities always think high of themselves above their contemporaries in state or federal universities probably because they paid exorbitant fees to get admission withou necessarily going through the rigors of writing jamb,post ume and enduring the nonchalant attitude of some staffs of govt schools. Bottom line is, u guys have not tasted the bitter side of university life which is occassioned by constant struggle for survival resulting to a complete individual. Private Universities are business establishments,take it or leave it.
Do you know that your comment is as though you the writer has something wrong with you? My question is how many people these days really used their jamb/post jamb performance to gain admission into the present 9ja federal/state unis? When we all know the manipulations that exist presently. Shey dem fit count the number of students wey dey do predegree for unilag alone? Na must say you gast beef the OP ni.
Re: The Plight Of A Madonna University Law Graduate by Killingp: 6:19am On Aug 21, 2013
venorite: I am a law graduate from Madonna University. I finished from Madonna in 2011 and am yet to get admission in to the Nigerian law school. This has been the case with more than 1000 graduates that are yet to get admitted into the Nigerian law school. I and my colleagues have contacted the school without getting any response.

Madonna graduated more than 500 law students in 2011 and only 55 names (give or take) got admitted into law school via Madonna, others had to lobby their way into law school. The in thing now is that some students pay big money to get admitted into law school while some that have ogas at the top have their names included in the supplementary list which comes from bwari, Abuja. The ones that are unable to pay or have no one are left to their fate. This is what so many of us have been subjected to and currently, there are only 52 Madonna students names on the law school websites while other state and fed school get as much as 130-200 names (Abia state has 130 names)….

My question is (1) why can’t private universities and Madonna in particular get as much slots in law school as Fed and State Universities, (2) why do we have to pay our way into law school after spending 5years and exorbitant amounts to get a law degree (3) what is the solution to this? The annoying thing is that without your B.L degree, your LL.B Hons degree is pretty useless cos u can’t practice with it and getting a job is pretty difficult.

Pls relevant authorities should take notice and find a solution to this cos it seems this is only peculiar to private school and Madonna university in particular.

Mod Pls move to front page
nah play u dey! U get money pay madonna school fees from 100l to 500l; nw to sort ur way into the NLS becomes a problem. Who u dey lament 4, like say u no knw how 9ja dey do there things. If u had gone to a public university, u won't have even initiated ur plight at all. Mchteeew.
Re: The Plight Of A Madonna University Law Graduate by sallyBinta(f): 7:03am On Aug 21, 2013
venorite: I am a law graduate from Madonna University. I finished from Madonna in 2011 and am yet to get admission in to the Nigerian law school. This has been the case with more than 1000 graduates that are yet to get admitted into the Nigerian law school. I and my colleagues have contacted the school without getting any response.

Madonna graduated more than 500 law students in 2011 and only 55 names (give or take) got admitted into law school via Madonna, others had to lobby their way into law school. The in thing now is that some students pay big money to get admitted into law school while some that have ogas at the top have their names included in the supplementary list which comes from bwari, Abuja. The ones that are unable to pay or have no one are left to their fate. This is what so many of us have been subjected to and currently, there are only 52 Madonna students names on the law school websites while other state and fed school get as much as 130-200 names (Abia state has 130 names)….

My question is (1) why can’t private universities and Madonna in particular get as much slots in law school as Fed and State Universities, (2) why do we have to pay our way into law school after spending 5years and exorbitant amounts to get a law degree (3) what is the solution to this? The annoying thing is that without your B.L degree, your LL.B Hons degree is pretty useless cos u can’t practice with it and getting a job is pretty difficult.

Pls relevant authorities should take notice and find a solution to this cos it seems this is only peculiar to private school and Madonna university in particular.

Mod Pls move to front page
If d only tin dat is done on nairaland is critisize wen someone is tryin 2 share his or her plight den deres actually no damn point.... Wen did private university turn a tarbo in nig....if u dnt ve any meaningful advice 2 give 2 him,u shot d hell up n stop addin insult 2 injury....u myt ve been privileged 2 go 2 fed or state university bt he wasn't dat doest make him any diff in d society...my dear Frd I feel ur pains bt. U shudnt b suprised cos dis is 9ja...mayb u shud use d newspaper n TV source its d easiest way 2 get 2 our oga @ d tops....
Re: The Plight Of A Madonna University Law Graduate by sylve11: 8:04am On Aug 21, 2013
Why is it that 70 percent of the time, ne must lobby to make his/her way in Nigeria? sad

@ op, don't worry, just do it the naija style. cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

LAUTECH Investigates Death Of Final Year Student Who Fell Into Soakaway (Photo) / Nursery School In Calabar Flogs Parents For Bringing Their Kids Late To School / Unilag Student Survives Ritualist Attack On Campus ( Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.