Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,534 members, 7,823,322 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:43 AM

Aregbesola To Establish French Village In Osun - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Aregbesola To Establish French Village In Osun (9545 Views)

Nigerian Military Plans To Establish Interim Government- Prof. Wole Soyinka / SHOCKER: APC Govs Help Aregbesola To Pay Salaries –PDP / PDP Asks Aregbesola To Account For N100bn (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Aregbesola To Establish French Village In Osun by OlaAjia(m): 5:59pm On Aug 20, 2013
olabukola: Do we have world class Yoruba village in osun state?

Yes, in the hundreds
Re: Aregbesola To Establish French Village In Osun by Gbawe: 6:01pm On Aug 20, 2013
REHOZIBAH: Having read a few anti-Osun french village comments here, I am left with no choice than to shudder at the level of some people's thought process...for those who don't know, this action is in fact belated as it should have happened since way back. The people of Ejigbo,Ilobu,Ogbomoso have been going to Cote d'ivore since the 40s as I have a lot of them as friends hence there has been a yearn for a bilateral relationship between Osun state and cote d'ivoire as there is massive economic activity happening between indigenes and d CIV.

Dividends of democracy does not consist of the tangibles alone but also the intangibles which is meant to foster unity,break down barriers and open up new opportunities

The shocking ignorance of many who post here leaves one to be frightened for Nigeria. Administrators like Aregbesola are planning well and using astute vision to position their State for what is to come.

How many know that the Lagos-Badagry expressway is the Nigeria end of the trans–West African Coastal Highway project seeking to links 12 West African coastal nations and signifying a deliberate move towards greater trade and socio-economic integration between us and our West African neigbhours? Change and cosmopolitan evolution will catch so many by surprise.

By the time they wake up, informed, modern-thinking and up-to-speed West Africans are gone because they proactively planned for hospitality and tourism, trade, International business, cross-Country exchange of ideas and cooperation plus the movement of goods and services which, like it or not, will bring migration back and forth.

Smart and visionary administrators prepare for that because whether some of us like it or not, whether we open our mind to it or not, we must prepare to share our space as West Africa becomes more cosmopolitan in future or get left behind with our 'hamlet' mentality. This is the harsh truth.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trans%E2%80%93West_African_Coastal_Highway

Trans–West African Coastal Highway
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

[img]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/0/02/Dakar-Lagos_Highway_Map.PNG/450px-Dakar-Lagos_Highway_Map.PNG[/img]
DAkar-Lagos Highway.

The Trans–West African Coastal Highway is a transnational highway project to link 12 West African coastal nations, from Mauritania in the north-west of the region to Nigeria in the east, with feeder roads already existing to two landlocked countries, Mali and Burkina Faso.[1]
The eastern end of the highway terminates at Lagos, Nigeria. Some organizations such as the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) consider its western end to be Nouakchott, Mauritania, and others such as the United Nations Economic Commission for Africa consider it to be Dakar, Senegal, giving rise to these alternative names for the road:
Nouakchott–Lagos Highway
Lagos–Nouakchott Highway
Dakar–Djibouti Highway
Lagos–Dakar Highway
Re: Aregbesola To Establish French Village In Osun by Seyilome(m): 6:07pm On Aug 20, 2013
emmasege: French village in a rural town of Ejigbo!. Confusion is an understatement in the case of aregbesola. He keeps amusing someone.
Do u knw the meaning rural? I think you dnt knw. If u do, u wouldnt have said Ejigbo in Osun is a rural town. U have taken w e e )d.
Re: Aregbesola To Establish French Village In Osun by Seyilome(m): 6:15pm On Aug 20, 2013
Kudos to you Aregbesola and this is a good news to the people of Ejigbo in Osun.indeed they deserve it.
Re: Aregbesola To Establish French Village In Osun by FlamingGun: 6:21pm On Aug 20, 2013
Très bonne initiative de la part de M. le gouverneur! That's a forward thinking guy for you.
Re: Aregbesola To Establish French Village In Osun by yoged(m): 6:30pm On Aug 20, 2013
Weldone Ogbeni. Osun o ni baje oooooo

Re: Aregbesola To Establish French Village In Osun by Nobody: 6:30pm On Aug 20, 2013
banky222: Will be more excited if the french govt set up a YORUBA vilage in France.
Have you ever heard of the OYOTUNJI VILLAGE at north carolina in the united state of america?
Re: Aregbesola To Establish French Village In Osun by phayvoursky(m): 6:31pm On Aug 20, 2013
BON POUR LE PEUPLE DE OSUN.
Keep it up MR Aregbesola.
Re: Aregbesola To Establish French Village In Osun by solomon111(m): 6:34pm On Aug 20, 2013
Lol.
Na wa o.
Anyway who cares?
As long as the locals are okay with this brand of "development" then i am fine.
I will only have a problem if APC brings this nonsense to my state.
Re: Aregbesola To Establish French Village In Osun by hotwax: 6:47pm On Aug 20, 2013
emmasege: French village in a rural town of Ejigbo!. Confusion is an understatement in the case of aregbesola. He keeps amusing someone.
that's how dubai developed. They keep building tourism attracting foreigners. That's too difficult for a dundee to understand.

1 Like

Re: Aregbesola To Establish French Village In Osun by hotwax: 6:53pm On Aug 20, 2013
solomon111: Lol.
Na wa o.
Anyway who cares?
amen. Gud thing will never come to your state bcuz of hatred and bigot mentality. I challenge you to come and see lagos atlantic city. The african golden city. This is another invention of APC. APC knows how important foreign investors are. You r from the village. You won't know dis simple logic.
Re: Aregbesola To Establish French Village In Osun by Afam4eva(m): 6:53pm On Aug 20, 2013
I'm not surprised that the usual suspects are here extolling this wasteful and unnecessary development. What does a french village add to Osun state? I'm even more surprised that it's Aregbesola that embarking on such project. I have always known him to be a proponent of Africanism. Why not establish a Yoruba village or something. This is utterly embarrassing and shameful.
Re: Aregbesola To Establish French Village In Osun by Nobody: 6:54pm On Aug 20, 2013
lakhadimar: Have you ever heard of the OYOTUNJI VILLAGE at north carolina in the united state of america?
Pls tell him o
Re: Aregbesola To Establish French Village In Osun by Gbawe: 6:56pm On Aug 20, 2013
Afam4eva: I'm not surprised that the usual suspects are here extolling this wasteful and unnecessary development. What does a french village add to Osun state? I'm even more surprised that it's Aregbesola that embarking on such project. I have always known him to be a proponent of Africanism. Why not establish a Yoruba village or something. This is utterly embarrassing and shameful.

Does anyone expect anything different to what you contribute? I don't think so. Pathetic ignorance is something you can always be relied upon to display.
Re: Aregbesola To Establish French Village In Osun by hotwax: 6:57pm On Aug 20, 2013
Afam4eva: I'm not surprised that the usual suspects are here extolling this wasteful and unnecessary development. What does a french village add to Osun state? I'm even more surprised that it's Aregbesola that embarking on such project. I have always known him to be a proponent of Africanism. Why not establish a Yoruba village or something. This is utterly embarrassing and shameful.
its embarrasing to you because your state will neva achieve it. Its simple. Luring foreign investors. That's how pueto rico and panama are the best place to go relaxing. You won't understand the meaning tourism. Do you know Osun osogbo festival is popular world wide? Osun is making it in tourism. Sit here spew your hatred.

1 Like

Re: Aregbesola To Establish French Village In Osun by Nobody: 6:59pm On Aug 20, 2013

Apart from the exchange of cultures over the years btw osun and cote d voire, do you know what tourism is? You should visit the french cultural center in lagos and see what happens their or the french village here.
Re: Aregbesola To Establish French Village In Osun by Nobody: 7:01pm On Aug 20, 2013
yet you are typing in English , right? in fact I have never seen u typing in Igbo or another African language.
Does a French village is against panafricanism? or Africanism? if that's even the case why don't u kick out Peugeot and Total? Being bilingual is never a waste of time of money .
Re: Aregbesola To Establish French Village In Osun by ajf(m): 7:01pm On Aug 20, 2013
sexymoma: My dear very soon French Language would become an official language o as am looking at it now. he actually made a good move.
Please, don't take this as an insult or a joke, I really really do need what you are smoking. Be generous and hand me some..........
Re: Aregbesola To Establish French Village In Osun by Nobody: 7:03pm On Aug 20, 2013
solomon111: Lol.
Na wa o.
Anyway who cares?

You sure won't care! If you know the amount of Bilingual jobs available in this Nigeria despite all the hues and cries about unemployment...I mean high paying,multinational jobs which are not ordinarily advertised in your normal tuesday and wednesday newspapers then you will know that being bilingual is not a joke! I am a witness to how TotalFina Elf,Bouygues,Saipem,Schlumberger(German) etc come in droves to head hunt people at La Maison Du France,Alliance Francaise and Goethe Institute for entry level and Mid level positions. if you want to travel to France,switzerland,canada,Luxembourg etc and choose to be interviewed in french language,there is a high probability(all other factors being okay though) of getting a visa primarily due to your ability to parle en francais

Youths of nowadays must explore additional opportunities offered by learning new or additional languages to stand-out when others are just standing
Re: Aregbesola To Establish French Village In Osun by Nobody: 7:04pm On Aug 20, 2013
ajf: Please, don't take this as an insult or a joke, I really really do need what you are smoking. Be generous and hand me some..........
French is already an official language in Nigeria get educated my friend , the fact that it is not widely spoken doesn't change its status. after all even English is not widely spoken in Nigeria too grin grin
Re: Aregbesola To Establish French Village In Osun by Remii(m): 7:08pm On Aug 20, 2013
FreeGlobe: How does this wasteful project benefit the common osun individual, these ACN governors and phantom projects

Ota eni kii pa odu oya, ( nothing impresses an enemy). To some die hard anti progress, nothing makes sense even building of roads and schools could be wasteful ventures to some of you.
Re: Aregbesola To Establish French Village In Osun by Afam4eva(m): 7:50pm On Aug 20, 2013
Gbawe:

Does anyone expect anything different to what you contribute? I don't think so. Pathetic ignorance is something you can always be relied upon to display.
Why i'm i not surprised. You have proven to be partisan in your analysis of developments in NIgeria. I don't expect any different from you cos anything from ACN is the way to go. If Aregbesola builds "satan's museum" tomorrow, you'll tell us how it's a right step in the right direction and how we need a satan's museum so that we will know how to protect ourselves from him.
Re: Aregbesola To Establish French Village In Osun by Afam4eva(m): 7:51pm On Aug 20, 2013
Obiagelli:
Apart from the exchange of cultures over the years btw osun and cote d voire, do you know what tourism is? You should visit the french cultural center in lagos and see what happens their or the french village here.
This your comment seems very shallow cos it doesn't really say anything concerning the importance of this french village. Pls can you tell of of what benefit this french village will be to osun state.
Re: Aregbesola To Establish French Village In Osun by Afam4eva(m): 7:53pm On Aug 20, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: yet you are typing in English , right? in fact I have never seen u typing in Igbo or another African language.
Does a French village is against panafricanism? or Africanism? if that's even the case why don't u kick out Peugeot and Total? Being bilingual is never a waste of time of money .
You're a Cameroonian, so i'm not surprised. But pls don't forget that ypu have a native language and that french is not your language no matter how hard you try to claim it. I speak and type in English not because i chose to do so but because of events beyond my control. That's why we should strive to gradually do away or at least reduce the foreign influence in Africa.
Re: Aregbesola To Establish French Village In Osun by cardoso111(m): 7:59pm On Aug 20, 2013
Good newest from OgbenI.s perfect move!! VIve le developpement! We are praying for him to do more

1 Like

Re: Aregbesola To Establish French Village In Osun by cy4by: 8:04pm On Aug 20, 2013
[quote author=REHOZIBAH]Excellente! Je suis tres content avec cet nouvelles qui dehors du etat osun! Vraiment, Ogbeni Aregbesola fait bien toujour. Vive L'etat Osun, Vive Le plus meilleur Gouveneur dans Nigeria![/quote
...Bien dit! Vive la langue franCais.
Re: Aregbesola To Establish French Village In Osun by lanre211(m): 8:06pm On Aug 20, 2013
9jacrip: This is a good move, this guy keeps impressing.

My question is - does this mean French Students in Osun State won't have to travel to 'French Village' in Benin Republic for their usual 300L 'internship'?
'french village' is not in benin republic... Its in Badagry, Lagos state, Nigeria... Nigeria French Language Village....
Re: Aregbesola To Establish French Village In Osun by Nobody: 8:07pm On Aug 20, 2013
Afam4eva:
You're a Cameroonian, so i'm not surprised. But pls don't forget that ypu have a native language and that french is not your language no matter how hard you try to claim it. I speak and type in English not because i chose to do so but because of events beyond my control. That's why we should strive to gradually do away or at least reduce the foreign influence in Africa.
what does learning a second language have to do with being Cameroonian, so u think we don't speak our native languages? Use ur brain for once.
You talk like the French gov forced that gov to make this statement lmao. Eh eh . You can't eat your cake and have it , if they put Fulani or Hausa as the official language u people will b against it, I opened a thread about adopting swahili the people fighting against were Nigerian. And please do no lend me intentions I have never claimed French and I have never seen a Cameroonian doing so . Stop trying to smack talk undecided
Ps: I speak my language

1 Like

Re: Aregbesola To Establish French Village In Osun by solomon111(m): 8:12pm On Aug 20, 2013
hotwax: amen. Gud thing will never come to your state bcuz of hatred and bigot mentality. I challenge you to come and see lagos atlantic city. The african golden city. This is another invention of APC. APC knows how important foreign investors are. You r from the village. You won't know dis simple logic.
lagos "atlantic city".?
The same lagos that is currently listed among the world's most naturally endangered cities?
I laugh at your stupiddity.
You and your APC moronns are suited for each other.
If the creation of a "french village" is what APC termed as devt, then sorry, my state is not interested.
APC can keep their elephant and needless projects to the SW.
Re: Aregbesola To Establish French Village In Osun by SoaringSammy: 8:15pm On Aug 20, 2013
REHOZIBAH: Excellente! Je suis tres content avec cet nouvelles qui dehors du etat osun! Vraiment, Ogbeni Aregbesola fait bien toujour. Vive L'etat Osun, Vive Le plus meilleur Gouveneur dans Nigeria!

bon travaille
Re: Aregbesola To Establish French Village In Osun by Nobody: 8:29pm On Aug 20, 2013
The governor was merely playing to the gallery or having another episode of politically-motivated verbal diarrhea. Aregbe just had to say somethings to please the political jobbers and sycophants that gathered to receive him in CoteD'Ivoire. He should not be taken seriously. If the governor wants to be taken seriously, he should first build world class yoruba village as suggested earlier.
Re: Aregbesola To Establish French Village In Osun by Nobody: 8:37pm On Aug 20, 2013
Jeez, must u guys put tribalism in anything? grin grin

Let's connect the people my friends. Nigerian are actually the most ignorant in the sub region. French didn't kill wolof in Senegal or bambara in Mali etc .as time goes on Nigerians will have to stop thinking pidgin is useful . Open ur horizon my friends, I did Spanish(tho I speak it poorly and I even regret learning it ,since Spain is useless I should have opted for German) , I did English, French and I'm actually learning swahili . Without forgetting Ewondo and tongue Camfranglais . tongue. Afam stop being a bigot

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

(Pictures) Is Mimiko Changing Akure? / I’m Excited With Buhari’s Ministerial List – Tony Momoh / INEC Restricts Military Participation In Bayelsa, Kogi Gov Elections To Patrol

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.