Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,940 members, 7,821,296 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:04 AM

Aregbesola To Establish French Village In Osun - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Aregbesola To Establish French Village In Osun (9543 Views)

Nigerian Military Plans To Establish Interim Government- Prof. Wole Soyinka / SHOCKER: APC Govs Help Aregbesola To Pay Salaries –PDP / PDP Asks Aregbesola To Account For N100bn (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Aregbesola To Establish French Village In Osun by OlaAjia(m): 9:10pm On Aug 20, 2013
Afam4eva: I'm not surprised that the usual suspects are here extolling this wasteful and unnecessary development. What does a french village add to Osun state? I'm even more surprised that it's Aregbesola that embarking on such project. I have always known him to be a proponent of Africanism. Why not establish a Yoruba village or something. This is utterly embarrassing and shameful.

Blimey! I can't help but muse at the idiocy of demanding a Yoruba village in Osun state. Yeah, let's make a table and then because we can make tables, let's make another redundant table over the old table. Jeez!!! Osun state is a Yoruba village already in case you have failed to notice.

5 Likes

Re: Aregbesola To Establish French Village In Osun by Nobody: 9:10pm On Aug 20, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: The governor was merely playing to the gallery or having another episode of politically-motivated verbal diarrhea. Aregbe just had to say somethings to please the political jobbers and sycophants that gathered to receive him in CoteD'Ivoire. He should not be taken seriously. If the governor wants to be taken seriously, he should first build world class yoruba village as suggested earlier.

Irrascible comment from a raggamuffin...tu es un bete vraiment! Le sens de ne jamais faire bien

1 Like

Re: Aregbesola To Establish French Village In Osun by Garrithe1st: 9:14pm On Aug 20, 2013
OlaAjia:

Blimey! I can't help but muse at the idiocy of demanding a Yoruba village in Osun state. Yeah, let's make a table and then because we can make tables, let's make another redundant table over the old table. Jeez!!! Osun state is a Yoruba village already in case you have failed to notice.

Don't waste your time on Afam, two words describe him; Unintelligent Bigot

grin grin

1 Like

Re: Aregbesola To Establish French Village In Osun by ibifeeq(m): 9:22pm On Aug 20, 2013
Dia is no need to travel to french speakn country if such schl is esterblished in Ejigbo,cuz more dan 75% of Ejigbo indegine speak frnch

1 Like

Re: Aregbesola To Establish French Village In Osun by Nobody: 9:29pm On Aug 20, 2013
ibifeeq: Dia is no need to travel to french speakn country if such schl is esterblished in Ejigbo,cuz more dan 75% of Ejigbo indegine speak frnch

My brother don't advise those who are hard of hearing. Such innovations like this is difficult to comprehend by the simpleton who can't see what's in it for them. But a journey to Ejigbo by any mind-closeted individual will shock you to your marrow when confronted with indigenes of Ejigbo speaking superb french...you will be awed and ask yourself if those people are Nigerians at all

This move by Gov Rauf is a master-stroke!!!

2 Likes

Re: Aregbesola To Establish French Village In Osun by BEDMON1900: 9:50pm On Aug 20, 2013
Arabic village soonest for arabic speakers in kwara state...‎مطلوب من حكومة نيجيريا ببناء قرية عربية لطلاب الذين يدرسون لغة العربية فى مدارس الثقافة.‏
Re: Aregbesola To Establish French Village In Osun by Gbawe: 9:51pm On Aug 20, 2013
OlaAjia:

Thank you. One can never mitigate for how some are ill-exposed and lacking in cosmopolitan finesse. This is done throughout the world. I.e helping an immigrant community, when such is present in an appreciable number, settle and succeed.

There is already a historical connection and I am sure Aregbesola is proposing something popular worldwide
which is the 'twinning' of towns in different Countries with people/communities that may be connected through shared/common issues throughout history.

The levels of administrative inputs can be different to suit the integration towns/Nations are seeking. The problem is that if some do not have the exposure or knowledge to appreciate the idea behind this they will simply boil issues down to simplistic and inane talk which quickly reveals their ignorance.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twin_towns_and_sister_cities

Twin towns and sister cities

Twin towns or sister cities are cooperative agreements between towns, cities, and even counties in geographically and politically distinct areas to promote cultural and commercial ties.[1] Conceived after the Second World War, the concept of twinning was originally intended to foster friendship and understanding between different cultures (and between former foes, as an act of peace and reconciliation[2]), and to encourage tourism[1] In more recent times town twinning has increasingly been used to form strategic international business links between member cities[3][4]

1 Like

Re: Aregbesola To Establish French Village In Osun by delpee(f): 9:58pm On Aug 20, 2013
Many people from Ejigbo have relations in CIV, were born there, grew up there or are still living/doing business there. I once watched a documentary on cocoa farms in CIV on CNN and some of those interviewed as exporters were Yorubas who obviously had strong roots there.
Someone who lost her parents during the anti nigerians crisis told me she dropped out of school when she was brought back home cos she could only speak french!
Ejigbo will do well with a french language school, afterall its compulsory in schools now. Hope it won't cost billions sha.
Re: Aregbesola To Establish French Village In Osun by effizydude: 10:16pm On Aug 20, 2013
Its a laudable move. But hey, French Village is not in Benin Republic, its in Badagry. I just finished my 300L there last month awaiting to resume final year.
9jacrip: This is a good move, this guy keeps impressing.

My question is - does this mean French Students in Osun State won't have to travel to 'French Village' in Benin Republic for their usual 300L 'internship'?
Re: Aregbesola To Establish French Village In Osun by Seyilome(m): 10:25pm On Aug 20, 2013
delpee: Many people from Ejigbo have relations in CIV, were born there, grew up there or are still living/doing business there. I once watched a documentary on cocoa farms in CIV on CNN and some of those interviewed as exporters were Yorubas who obviously had strong roots there.
Someone who lost her parents during the anti nigerians crisis told me she dropped out of school when she was brought back home cos she could only speak french!
Ejigbo will do well with a french language school, afterall its compulsory in schools now. Hope it won't cost billions sha.
like me I was born in LOMÉ Togo, my mother had a house there and died there and 95% of my mother's family are in Lomé they are indegene of Ejigbo and my father grew up in Abidjan up til now he speaks french. mind you I am an indegene of Ejigbo.
Re: Aregbesola To Establish French Village In Osun by Seyilome(m): 10:26pm On Aug 20, 2013
delpee: Many people from Ejigbo have relations in CIV, were born there, grew up there or are still living/doing business there. I once watched a documentary on cocoa farms in CIV on CNN and some of those interviewed as exporters were Yorubas who obviously had strong roots there.
like me I was born in LOMÉ Togo, my mother had a house there and died there and 95% of my mothers are in Lomé and mind you I am indegene of Ejigbo. PARLOUR FRANCAISE
Re: Aregbesola To Establish French Village In Osun by NeuroBoss(m): 10:28pm On Aug 20, 2013
J'aime la langue français! Du courage Ogbeni tu as déja mon soutien!
Re: Aregbesola To Establish French Village In Osun by samkoro: 10:40pm On Aug 20, 2013
Gbawe: Interesting.

http://www.osundefender.org/?p=117156

Africans are slaves, and will continue to be slaves
Re: Aregbesola To Establish French Village In Osun by Oluabayomi1(m): 10:57pm On Aug 20, 2013
Ds Ogbeni Rauf sef! we are still battling wt English nw u come dey think of French again. dont tell me u ve gone psyche oo
Re: Aregbesola To Establish French Village In Osun by tpia5: 11:09pm On Aug 20, 2013

the nigerian govt needs to take the matter of reintegrating returnees, seriously.

a good percentage of nigerians outside nigeria, dont speak english.
Re: Aregbesola To Establish French Village In Osun by nijanigga: 11:40pm On Aug 20, 2013
Gbawe:

Very interesting prospect. Some of those francophone African ladies are simply luscious to behold. cool cool
2 m malad?
Re: Aregbesola To Establish French Village In Osun by emiye(m): 12:37am On Aug 21, 2013
Great innovation, 9 out of 14 west african countries speak french as official language.

I was in porto novo 3 months ago and could barely converse with the girls at the nightclub grin grin

Lassez passez !
Re: Aregbesola To Establish French Village In Osun by Gaboma: 1:22am On Aug 21, 2013
Lol, les Anglophones qui veulent parler français? la langue française n'emmène nulle part!

A Gabonese....
Re: Aregbesola To Establish French Village In Osun by Nobody: 7:08am On Aug 21, 2013
Ajise Bi 'Osun lari Osun kise egbe baba Father anybody!..........Nigerians and their criticisms! I jst pray Ogbeni dnt listen to bad belly pple wey dey here cos me I can't wait to see French Village in our state of Osun........ Come 2014 awa omo Osun go still vote for this man,if u like go hug transformer, e no concern Life.....Ride on jur,Ogbeni to sureeeeeeeeee
Re: Aregbesola To Establish French Village In Osun by manutayo(m): 9:31am On Aug 21, 2013
Gaboma: Lol, les Anglophones qui veulent parler français? la langue française n'emmène nulle part!

A Gabonese....
C 'est quoi ca? lis le commentaire de cameroonpride tu sauras l'importance.
Re: Aregbesola To Establish French Village In Osun by Collinsony: 9:49am On Aug 21, 2013
We can never be proud of our language... we never learn English finish na French him wan begin teach people..... That still make Nigeria dependable.....
Re: Aregbesola To Establish French Village In Osun by Gbawe: 10:09am On Aug 21, 2013
Collinsony: We can never be proud of our language... we never learn English finish na French him wan begin teach people..... That still make Nigeria dependable.....

Is this about pride, or the lack of it, in one's language ? Read again. Aregbesola is trying to make a historical link stronger with formal administrative provisions. He is not trying to make Osun folks French speakers. He is trying to reabsorb and reintegrate a part of Osun's history which is French speaking.
Re: Aregbesola To Establish French Village In Osun by Nobody: 11:07am On Aug 21, 2013
Nigerian Government through 'National Orientation Agency'' (NOA) should also create Nigerian Languages Village where we can promote Interrelationship between varieties of ethnic/tribe That make Up Nigeria thereby Culture,Values,Norms and others can be shared and interchanged .....!!!

It should be for any interested Nigerian and this will promote us towards being a Nation against Nation-state!!!
Re: Aregbesola To Establish French Village In Osun by Matilde1: 11:12am On Aug 21, 2013
very good idea for Nigerian in civ, most of them are from ejigbo, in Osun state. They are highy educated people,they can speak French very well, it is their first language. as u know You can find them in most of Francophone countries in the world, expecillay France. This project will encourage them to come home and contribute to the development of their country.beside that Nigeria will have a part that speak good French, like montreal a part of canada where people speak French. Why can't we do that too.Beside that Nigeria is encircle by francophone countries, and out of 14 countries in ecowas, 9 speaks French. For me this will contribute to development of the country, not only osun state.

1 Like

Re: Aregbesola To Establish French Village In Osun by 0monnak0da: 12:21pm On Aug 21, 2013
There are many strategic reasons for encouraging Nigerians to learn French : all our neighbours are French speaking and if our young people can speak French they can trade and access jobs in many other African countries.In fact many Nigerians will not get up and migrate to Cameroun,Cote d'Ivoire Guinea Gabon etc for that reason(No French)

There is also the greater Yoruba agenda; this is a way of cementing further relations with our kith and kin in Benin Republic. Now I am not sure a French Village is the way to achieve this and even if it is should government fund it. I am sure the French government would be glad to "drop something" if not cash then books, material and even personnel.

Now the quality of education generally in Nigeria is poor and Osun is no exception. We need to start by improving basic literacy in Yoruba,English, Hausa Ibo and other Nigerian Languages BEFORE French but it is not a zero sum game. Learning languages is very easy if we make it less academic and emphasize exposure through media etc. If one thinks deeply about the future of Nigeria one must envision integration across West Africa. Multilinguality would be a game changer for any prospective employee and the more languages the better. I think most people can learn comfortably 4-5 languages if they start early and I think every Nigerian should learn English,French,Yoruba,and two other Nigerian Languages.

That Pan Africanism that some dream of must be a multilingual one. I am jealouse of the kids that will grow up in such times
Re: Aregbesola To Establish French Village In Osun by 0monnak0da: 12:27pm On Aug 21, 2013
Collinsony: We can never be proud of our language... we never learn English finish na French him wan begin teach people..... That still make Nigeria dependable.....

It is tuurue!! We need to learn English better so that we are not so "DEPENDABLE"
Re: Aregbesola To Establish French Village In Osun by misterjosh(m): 1:31pm On Aug 21, 2013
Obiagelli:
For your mind na only the governor go dey use the place,

Ask those that have benefited from the one in lagos, cultural exchange is very important
Abi o help me tell her, do u knw wat knwing ow to speak french in addition to english does to ones CV, it's a great boost nd a welcomed plan. I only pray he actually completes this plans nd not just mak promises
Re: Aregbesola To Establish French Village In Osun by tpia5: 1:36pm On Aug 21, 2013
donroxy: Nigerian Government through 'National Orientation Agency'' (NOA) should also create Nigerian Languages Village where we can promote Interrelationship between varieties of ethnic/tribe That make Up Nigeria thereby Culture,Values,Norms and others can be shared and interchanged .....!!!

makes sense.

its also important to be exposed to some form of nigerian english and/or pidgin.

they can add chinese also since everyone is doing that.

1 Like

Re: Aregbesola To Establish French Village In Osun by 0monnak0da: 3:51pm On Aug 21, 2013
Yes I recommend Ibo Language villages in Potiskum,Damaturu and Jalingo those guys seriously need to learn Ibo
Re: Aregbesola To Establish French Village In Osun by MCMLXXVI(m): 1:46pm On Jun 05, 2015
lmfao!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

(Pictures) Is Mimiko Changing Akure? / Discos Are Sabotaging Fg’s Efforts - MURIC / Two Lesbians Caught And Beaten At Lagos: Photo+

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.