Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,466 members, 7,954,822 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 10:13 AM

Should Teenagers Be Allowed To Take Their Own Decision? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should Teenagers Be Allowed To Take Their Own Decision? (1071 Views)

Soldiers Rescue 14 Pregnant Teenagers, 8 Children In Abia - Photo / Should Husbands Be Allowed Into The Labour Room? / Should Homosexuals Be Allowed to Raise Children? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should Teenagers Be Allowed To Take Their Own Decision? by Olarewajub: 1:26pm On Aug 21, 2013
I'm just curious to know whether is it right for teenagers to take their own decision? Teenagers of the 21st century prefer to be independent without any interference. Every decision we take in life determines our tomorrow ( to every action there is an equal and oppossite reaction). So the question here is, Should teenagers be allowed to take their own decision?
Re: Should Teenagers Be Allowed To Take Their Own Decision? by Olarewajub: 3:05pm On Aug 21, 2013
You comment will be appreciated.
Re: Should Teenagers Be Allowed To Take Their Own Decision? by Nobody: 3:08pm On Aug 21, 2013
Well if the teen is not a mischievous type, yes they can.
Re: Should Teenagers Be Allowed To Take Their Own Decision? by soulglo: 3:32pm On Aug 21, 2013
It depends on the decision.
Re: Should Teenagers Be Allowed To Take Their Own Decision? by Olarewajub: 4:16pm On Aug 21, 2013
Wizee: Well if the teen is not a mischievous type, yes they can.
What do you mean by mischievous?
Re: Should Teenagers Be Allowed To Take Their Own Decision? by Olarewajub: 4:17pm On Aug 21, 2013
soul_glo: It depends on the decision.
Decision like....
Re: Should Teenagers Be Allowed To Take Their Own Decision? by LordReed(m): 9:11pm On Aug 21, 2013
No one should take decisions they not ready for or trained for. It my sincerest hope that I can train my children so that by the time they are eighteen they can make the hard decisions of life like marriage and so on. I believe that wisdom can be displayed by teenagers if they are sufficiently trained in the fine art of discretion/discernment, how to think and choose out of competing options the best path for your goals. It is always a joy to see young people display wisdom so yes teenagers should be encouraged/trained to make their own decisions.
Re: Should Teenagers Be Allowed To Take Their Own Decision? by Kanwulia: 9:48pm On Aug 21, 2013
Absolutely! kiss
If not, HMMMMMMM!!!! THEY WILL FIGHT OR KILL YOUR AZZZZE!!! kiss
My duty is to ADVICE, guide and help pick up the pieces.
I usually let them know about consequences ONLY!
I have my own life to live! kiss

This is 2014 almost, not 1420!
I am not in the JUNGLE OF AFRICA, FULL OF DISCONTENT, TRBAL SAVAGES EITHER!!!

They will learn!!!! FROM THEIR OWN MISTAKES!!!
I prefer OPEN COMMUNICATION even at their WORST!!!
TEENAGERS WOULD THE TEENAGERS! We were ALL that, once upon a time! kiss
I will still love, RESPECT and assist them TO THE BEST OF MY ABILITY! kiss

(1) (Reply)

Incest Is 'taboo' But Shouldn't Be Illegal, German Experts Say / Does "No" Mean "No", When It Comes To Your Wife? / Being Happy In A Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.