Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,459 members, 7,819,674 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:37 PM

Mum Refuses Chemotherapy To Save Her Unborn Child - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Mum Refuses Chemotherapy To Save Her Unborn Child (1311 Views)

See What A Woman Did To Save Her Child From A Fire Outbreak(photo) / Nigerian Lesbian Aderonke Apata Pleads For UK Judge To Save Her Life / A Mother's Letter To Her Unborn Child (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mum Refuses Chemotherapy To Save Her Unborn Child by modupe01: 4:38pm On Aug 21, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XuczWEqsNbA

"This is how we know what love is: Jesus Christ laid down his life for us. And we ought to lay down our lives for our brothers and sisters" – 1 John 3:16

A loving mother who was fighting an aggressive form of cancer refused chemotherapy to save her unborn daughter. Stacie Crimm survived long enough to deliver her 2-pound, 1-ounce daughter Dottie Mae, and hold the baby in her arms just once before she passed away. This is a powerful story of a mother’s love and her ultimate sacrifice so her daughter could know our world.

Read more at http://jesus-loves-you.org/mom-refuses-chemo/#Y6GZREhUFhqGWspQ.99
Re: Mum Refuses Chemotherapy To Save Her Unborn Child by modupe01: 4:43pm On Aug 21, 2013
modupe01:

"This is how we know what love is: Jesus Christ laid down his life for us. And we ought to lay down our lives for our brothers and sisters" – 1 John 3:16

A loving mother who was fighting an aggressive form of cancer refused chemotherapy to save her unborn daughter. Stacie Crimm survived long enough to deliver her 2-pound, 1-ounce daughter Dottie Mae, and hold the baby in her arms just once before she passed away. This is a powerful story of a mother’s love and her ultimate sacrifice so her daughter could know our world.

Read more at http://jesus-loves-you.org/mom-refuses-chemo/#Y6GZREhUFhqGWspQ.99

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPD1TS56AuY
Re: Mum Refuses Chemotherapy To Save Her Unborn Child by Chinwem(f): 5:21pm On Aug 21, 2013
That's a brave woman.........she did the right thing
Re: Mum Refuses Chemotherapy To Save Her Unborn Child by Nobody: 9:25pm On Aug 21, 2013
What's the point of bringing a child into the world when you won't be there to care?
Re: Mum Refuses Chemotherapy To Save Her Unborn Child by Kanwulia: 9:31pm On Aug 21, 2013
Wow! cry
Tough call!
Free world! I honor and RESPECT her choice!
This is what I call SPIRITUALITY! kiss

I hope the father AND THE WORLD cherish that child LIKE GOLD!!!! kiss grin
I also hope THIS CHILD LIVES UP to make the world proud of her! kiss
The kinds of sacrifices we make cannot be VALIDATED in the short or long run!

With the help of the world, I hope this BABY girl does not suffer in the hands of PEDO-piles!!! cry

Tough!!!! This woman is BRAAAAAVE! cry

1 Like

Re: Mum Refuses Chemotherapy To Save Her Unborn Child by birdman(m): 3:11am On Aug 22, 2013
byvan: What's the point of bringing a child into the world when you won't be there to care?

Its all about hope. Who knows what this child will become?
Re: Mum Refuses Chemotherapy To Save Her Unborn Child by modupe01: 11:24am On Aug 23, 2013
byvan:

What's the point of bringing a child into the world when you won't be there to care?

There are many caring folks who can adopt the child in a loving environment. Guess what would happened to people like Abraham Lincoln if his mother had aborted him.
Re: Mum Refuses Chemotherapy To Save Her Unborn Child by Nobody: 11:42am On Aug 23, 2013
byvan: What's the point of bringing a child into the world when you won't be there to care?
abi :/ with raging wolves all around.even kids with parents are still abused,dehumanized and raped on a daily basis talkless of a child without a mother.that child is lucky she wasnt born somewhere in nigeria :/
Re: Mum Refuses Chemotherapy To Save Her Unborn Child by Sissie(f): 12:43pm On Aug 23, 2013
kulyie: abi :/ with raging wolves all around.even kids with parents are still abused,dehumanized and raped on a daily basis talkless of a child without a mother.that child is lucky she wasnt born somewhere in nigeria :/
i know of one that happened in nigeria, she refused chemotherapy, after her death, her sister/aunt (not sure which) who doesnt have a child of her own adopted her 3 kids and they are doing good.
Re: Mum Refuses Chemotherapy To Save Her Unborn Child by Nobody: 7:40pm On Aug 24, 2013
They seem to be doing good sounds better,you can't bet on how good they are doing.

It still doesn't make sense leaving a poor child to suffer in this crazy world. I still see no point if you won't be there to nurture her.
Re: Mum Refuses Chemotherapy To Save Her Unborn Child by Nobody: 7:43pm On Aug 24, 2013
kulyie: abi :/ with raging wolves all around.even kids with parents are still abused,dehumanized and raped on a daily basis talkless of a child without a mother.that child is lucky she wasnt born somewhere in nigeria :/

Real raging wolves!!If I can hide my kids in my womb forever, i would ve.This world is no where to intentionally bring a child only to die minutes after, worst still, when it's a girl child.
Re: Mum Refuses Chemotherapy To Save Her Unborn Child by StellaBella(f): 8:43pm On Aug 24, 2013
Amazing story.
wishing the baby all the best in the world.
Re: Mum Refuses Chemotherapy To Save Her Unborn Child by greatgod2012(f): 8:50pm On Aug 24, 2013
byvan: They seem to be doing good sounds better,you can't bet on how good they are doing.

It still doesn't make sense leaving a poor child to suffer in this crazy world. I still see no point if you won't be there to nurture her.

byvan:

Real raging wolves!!If I can hide my kids in my womb forever, i would ve.This world is no where to intentionally bring a child only to die minutes after, worst still, when it's a girl child.

My sister, I understand your plight, I definitely know where you're going and coming from, but life itself is a risk.
Personally, I admire her decision and respect her brave action. It's 50:50 my sister, how are you sure that the perverts won't find her way to the girl even when the mother is alive and how are you sure that after her departure, the girl won't enjoy more than if the mother were to be alive. Its an act of faith and I tell you that if I were also in such condition, I would have done and made the same decision.
Remember, we plant, but God waters. Do you even think that its our being alive that makes our children saved/protected? No, I think.
I always think about positive effects in life, and my faith has been working for me.
That woman did the right thing and God in His infinite mercy will send a kind, loving and merciful person to adopt and take care of her as expected, even more. She shall live to thank God and thank her mother for not aborting her through chemotherapy.

1 Like

Re: Mum Refuses Chemotherapy To Save Her Unborn Child by Nobody: 10:28pm On Aug 24, 2013
@,at the end of the day,its still what it is,her decision. Bringing someone into this world is really not a favor. I respect her decision but I don't think I ll intentionally leave my child at the mercy of adoption or whatever available provision there is.There really is no right or wrong here,either way,you are right.
Re: Mum Refuses Chemotherapy To Save Her Unborn Child by Nobody: 10:39pm On Aug 24, 2013
Saw related story 'Baby Story' on TLC .

I bawled my eyes out that morning, she stopped all meds and chemo and got really sick while hubby was miserably distraught , you could see he wasn't keen on the whole arrangement but that's her choice ( like her bucket list cos she's gonna die anyway) I guess.

God forbid if I'm in her shoes will I do same? Nope... I love children but love my life even more.

Our friend's wife was diagnosed with Lupus and her hubby happened to be the only child of his parents... The guy did vasectomy 2years after her diagnosis. Crazy eh? Still married and very much in love.

His words: It sucks to give up having your own copy esp when you're the only kid of the only son in the extended family ... But I love my wife very much.

Now that's very touching. cry

1 Like

Re: Mum Refuses Chemotherapy To Save Her Unborn Child by viruz007(m): 11:46pm On Aug 24, 2013
jidegirl12: Saw related story 'Baby Story' on TLC .

I bawled my eyes out that morning, she stopped all meds and chemo and got really sick while hubby was miserably distraught , you could see he wasn't keen on the whole arrangement but that's her choice ( like her bucket list cos she's gonna die anyway) I guess.

God forbid if I'm in her shoes will I do same? Nope... I love children but love my life even more.

Our friend's wife was diagnosed with Lupus and her hubby happened to be the only child of his parents... The guy did vasectomy 2years after her diagnosis. Crazy eh? Still married and very much in love.

His words: It sucks to give up having your own copy esp when you're the only kid of the only son in the extended family ... But I love my wife very much.

Now that's very touching. cry

cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Mum Refuses Chemotherapy To Save Her Unborn Child by modupe01: 10:10pm On Aug 25, 2013
Oklahoma cancer patient trades her life so her baby could survive
BY SONYA COLBERG

Stacie Crimm called her brother with astonishing news.

“You're not going to believe this,” she said.

She laughed and cried all at once that day in March as she explained that five pregnancy tests showed she would be having a child. It was a joyous surprise at age 41 but even more so because she'd been told she would never be able to get pregnant, said her brother, Ray Phillips.

But even as she shopped for clothes for the child she longed to hold in her arms, she knew something was not right.

She sent 159 text messages about her pregnancy to her brother in the months that followed. Many were joyful but then the bone-chilling messages came in during the predawn hours. She said severe headaches and double vision tortured her while tremors wracked her entire body.

“I'm worried about this baby,” she texted.

“I hope I live long enough to have this baby,” said another message. “Bubba, if anything happens to me, you take this child.”

Initially, she and her brother used the Internet to try to diagnose her illness. The single mother-to-be had been exposed to mold while she was remodeling her home and her symptoms seemed to match up to mold exposure.

At her family's encouragement, she visited a number of doctors. In July, a CT scan revealed that she had head and neck cancer.

Now she had to choose between her life and her baby's life. Phillips said she agonized only for a while before deciding against taking potentially lifesaving chemotherapy in hopes that she would soon hold a healthy baby in her arms.

The turning point

Crimm collapsed at her home in Ryan and was rushed to OU Medical Center in Oklahoma City on Aug. 16. Doctors said that the invasive tumor had begun wrapping around the brain stem, slowing squeezing the life out of Crimm.

But on a beautiful sunny morning two days later, Crimm felt good enough to sit on the edge of her hospital bed to visit with her brother. He returned to his medical equipment business in Edmond with a lighter heart.

At noon, the baby's heart rate plummeted. Then Crimm's heart stopped 90 minutes later. With “code blue” issued, doctors and nurses rushed to resuscitate her and decided it was best to take the 2-pound, 1-ounce baby, Dottie Mae, by C-section.

Phillips raced back to the hospital, where the baby was in neonatal intensive care and the mother was in intensive care in a separate building.

“Sister was dying right there. She was gasping,” he said. “The human body fights death.”

A mother's will

Crimm's will was so strong she got off the ventilator and was no longer under sedation after several days.

“There was still a lot of hope at that point,” said Jennifer Phillips, Ray Phillips' wife.

Doctors told the family that a treatment plan developed for Crimm could offer a small chance of surviving the aggressive cancer.

http://newsok.com/article/3613629

(1) (Reply)

Pictures Of Nairalander Traditional Marriage And Wedding. / Mature Responses Required For This Couple Situation / Why and how men justify sleeping with their housemaids.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.