Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,696 members, 7,865,758 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 04:30 AM

SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police - Fashion (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police (104665 Views)

Naija Peeps and our Fashion Blunders. A.k.a Fashion Police / Naija Fashion Police / Fashion Police In The Sun News Paper (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (41) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by Nobody: 8:37pm On Nov 15, 2014
merit12; I do appreciate your courage for posting your pix but I'm going to be blunt, afterall, that is what this is all about.

The only thing I love about your outfit are your shoes, albeit seperately! The whole outfit doesn't look well put together. There isn't any contrast whatsoever between your shoes and your dress (please, don't start with the "my shoes are not purple" story again). It really doesn't matter what shade/color it is. There just isn't any contrast.

And what's with that belt? It doesn't give the dress any "edge". Kinda cheapened your whole look. I can't tell if its the color or the fact that the dress could have been more chic without the belt. I really can't say.

You hair? Makes me want to scream! Aaarrggghhh!!! You seem "lost" in it and the side chunky parting looks "Mkpeke-ish" to me. You should have gone for a simple side parting and not something that high and hanging out. Makes you look like someone who just discovered "the power of weave-ons".

In conclusion, seperately, the pieces could work. But put together, looks below average. Its a miss for me.

2 Likes

Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by Nobody: 8:46pm On Nov 15, 2014
Phema:
merit12; I do appreciate your courage for posting your pix but I'm going to be blunt, afterall, that is what this is all about.

The only thing I love about your outfit are your shoes, albeit seperately! The whole outfit doesn't look well put together. There isn't any contrast whatsoever between your shoes and your dress (please, don't start with the "my shoes are not purple" story again). It really doesn't matter what shade/color it is. There just isn't any contrast.

And what's with that belt? It doesn't give the dress any "edge". Kinda cheapened your whole look. I can't tell if its the color or the fact that the dress could have been more chic without the belt. I really can't say.

You hair? Makes me want to scream! Aaarrggghhh!!! You seem "lost" in it and the side chunky parting looks "Mkpeke-ish" to me. You should have gone for a simple side parting and not something that high and hanging it. Makes you look like someone who just discovered "the power of weave ons".

In conclusion, seperately, the pieces could work. But put together looks below average. Its a miss for me.

LOVE THIS!

SEE ME HERE TRYING TO TWIST WORDS cheesy
Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by Nimen(m): 4:55am On Nov 16, 2014
Phema:

You hair? Makes me want to scream! Aaarrggghhh!!! You seem "lost" in it and the side chunky parting looks "Mkpeke-ish" to me. You should have gone for a simple side parting and not something that high and hanging out. Makes you look like someone who just discovered "the power of weave-ons".

In conclusion, seperately, the pieces could work. But put together, looks below average. Its a miss for me.

ouch... Should i talk about the make-up?
Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by Nobody: 9:26am On Nov 16, 2014
Nimen:

ouch... Should i talk about the make-up?

anything bro.

anything wink
Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by onegig(m): 3:07pm On Nov 16, 2014
merit. Actually you are on the darker side. Wearing such dress is kinda not too fashionable. You need something that is bright. Also the posture, background seems poor, picture quality is also nothing to write home about. Had to brighten my phone screen before I could make anything out.

Would however score you high on courage.

1 Like

Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by Nobody: 8:41pm On Nov 16, 2014
Judging a everyday person like ourselves is hard,, but commenting on someone when u've never put up ur picture is harder(note to self), anyway,being frank and all, I have to agree with the guys, seems they're d ones doing more commenting on d picture.. A different gown colour, a different hairstyle, as one u have one is doing nothing for ur face and we would have had a winner.. trust me, the dark colour head to toe doesn't suit you well.

Neeways thumbs up for ur courage, would try and be like you one day(in d next 2 years maybe) cheesy
Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by onegig(m): 10:47pm On Nov 16, 2014
thatgurlvixen:
Judging a everyday person like ourselves is hard,, but commenting on someone when u've never put up ur picture is harder(note to self), anyway,being frank and all, I have to agree with the guys, seems they're d ones doing more commenting on d picture.. A different gown colour, a different hairstyle, as one u have one is doing nothing for ur face and we would have had a winner.. trust me, the dark colour head to toe doesn't suit you well.

Neeways thumbs up for ur courage, would try and be like you one day(in d next 2 years maybe) cheesy
Yeah true.

She looks lovely all the same.
Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by joywendy(f): 6:48am On Nov 17, 2014
people are not smiling grin

btw where is glamsquard? zoelife?

well merit12 thanks so much for the picture you uploaded here, we really appreciate smiley

would wait for one more comment before the verdict will be taken.
Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by Nobody: 9:24am On Nov 17, 2014
onegig:
merit. Actually you are on the darker side. Wearing such dress is kinda not too fashionable. You need something that is bright. Also the posture, background seems poor, picture quality is also nothing to write home about. Had to brighten my phone screen before I could make anything out.

Would however score you high on courage.

Exactly! too dark for the colour can't see her clearly.
Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by onegig(m): 10:35am On Nov 17, 2014
andromida:

Exactly! too dark for the colour can't see her clearly.

Waiting on your own pic though.

Can't wait to scrutinise it tongue
Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by Nobody: 11:55am On Nov 17, 2014
onegig:

Loading............................................ grin
Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by luxanne(f): 12:27pm On Nov 17, 2014
Am good joywendy, hello smiley

@bluelover and phema, your pixs should be up next for dissection angry jeez grin

Ok @ merit, second time you posting ur pixs on here (thumbs up) and as compared to the first, this pic is a lil bit clearer smiley but,

Ahem!

Its def a miss for mua girl. For next time, if u wanna go out on this outfit (I want to believe the color or ur shoe is either oxblood or wine) u should blend it with a touch of gold [a gold belt, gold accessories and a gold purse] - a bright color that would bring out the dull look on ur outfit and also complement ur complexion.

Frankly, that belt color and the black bangle u had on did ur outfit no justice ur pose inclusive, but ur hairdo aint bad smiley

2 Likes

Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by GLAMSQUAD: 12:39pm On Nov 17, 2014
Sorry guys,been really busy. I'll have to pass on merit2 's picture because I can't really see it clearly.

But up close, I like your smile meaning that you are confident in whatever you are wearing.
Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by Nobody: 12:53pm On Nov 17, 2014
@joywendy: Present Ma. Ol' boy, see bashing o. Lol @merit12: Babes u get mind o. Love ur guts. D look... I'm wondering how u woulda looked if ur dress was skyblue instead. With ur brown belt and brown shoes. Easy on her guys. We should start posting our own pics, u know.

1 Like

Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by stinggy(m): 1:08pm On Nov 17, 2014
andromida:

Loading............................................ grin

The mail? tongue
Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by baba11(m): 1:23pm On Nov 17, 2014
onegig:

Bro,initially...I thought you've deactivated your NL acct until I see you here...
Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by onegig(m): 2:05pm On Nov 17, 2014
baba11:
Bro,initially...I thought you've deactivated your NL acct until I see you here...

Not at all.

Just taking a personal vacation from that area. Howdy bro?
Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by baba11(m): 4:15pm On Nov 17, 2014
onegig:

Not at all.

Just taking a personal vacation from that area. Howdy bro?
aliamdulilah...I'm just checking on you noni...
Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by GLAMSQUAD: 12:09am On Nov 18, 2014
can we get the verdict soon , @joywendy.

smiley

1 Like

Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by mitchyy(f): 7:04am On Nov 18, 2014
Awwwww, so much bashing on my girl. Just take it as positive criticism dear. I was excited to receive some bashing on my pics too and I learnt. We can never get it right all the time, you know.
Honestly, this shade of outfit was just too dark for you. I try as much as possible to stay away from black, brown and generally dull colours that do no justice to my dark skin. The first time ever I tried on a black dress, I slathered a truckload of bright accessories on it. That's one tricky ish dark skinned girls have to deal with. I'm sure you'll get it right next time.

This pic is overdue for verdict now smiley
Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by Nobody: 7:46am On Nov 18, 2014
Why are you guys calling it "bashing" na?? Now, you're making the few of us that commented look bad. I thought we were allowed to be honest. Or does that only apply to Celebrities?

Anyways, i guess I will stop commenting on personal pictures here, so i don't get made out as one saddist.
Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by mitchyy(f): 11:05am On Nov 18, 2014
Phema:
Why are you guys calling it "bashing" na?? Now, you're making the few of us that commented look bad. I thought we were allowed to be honest. Or does that only apply to Celebrities?

Anyways, i guess I will stop commenting on personal pictures here, so i don't get made out as one saddist.

Why are we taking this personal? No one labelled you a sadist. I mercilessly criticise people's outfits here too. We all used that word "bashing" in a lighthearted tone. Bashing in my opinion is also criticism. What is the aim of this thread? Isn't it to criticise outfits here either negatively or positively? Anyone who gets offended over comments shouldn't be here then. It's all for the fun of it. Fashion is fun. Style is fun. Style bashing is fun. People who bash/criticise your outfit without sentiments are the ones who really care about your style and want you to improve.
Posting our personal pictures here means we have accepted to be criticised or bashed. So we shouldn't start taking anything here serious, either responses or counter-responses. Everyone is here for the fun of it. So saying you'll stop commenting on personal pictures is making a mountain out of a mole hill dear. Calm down smiley

2 Likes

Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by joywendy(f): 11:20am On Nov 18, 2014
VERDICT

MERIT12 WE APPRECIATE THE PICTURE YOU HAVE PUT UP.

PLEASE DO NOT TAKE ANYTHING SAID HERE PERSONAL. WE ARE JUST GIVING OUR OPINIONS ON THE OUTFIT. WE LOVE YOU AND JUST ADVISING YOU THE WAY WE WILL ADVISE OUR DEAR BELOVED SISTERS AT HOME grin

NOW TO THE OUTFIT BASED ON THE COMMENTS ABOVE

FIRST OF ALL THE PICTURE QUALITY IS NOT SO CLEAR CANT VIEW THE PIC PROPERLY.

SECONDLY THE COLOUR OF THE OUTFIT AND YOUR SKIN TONE DOESN'T GO WELL AT ALL.

A LIGHTER OR BRIGHTER COLOUR WOULD HAVE BEEN BETTER.

THIRDLY THE COLOURS OF THOSE SHOES I CAN'T REALLY TELL MAYBE WHINE LIKE SOMEONE SAID DOESN'T ALSO GO WITH IT.
LOVE THE SHOES NOT JUST THE COLOUR

LIKE SOMEONE SUGGESTED SKY BLUE DRESS BROWN BELT AND SHOES. LOVELY wink

HAIRDO IT IS OKAY BUT YOU SHOULD TRY AND LOOK FOR HAIRSTYLES THAT SUIT YOU FACE AND COMPLIMENT YOUR FACE WELL

AS FOR THE BROWN BELT AND THE BANGLES IT 'S A NO NO.

LOVE THE FACT THAT YOU WERE SMILING AND VERY CONFIDENT IN WHAT YOU WORE.

BUT PERSONALLY FOR YOUR SKIN TONE TRY BRIGHTER OR LIGHTER COLOURS. DARK COLOURS DON'T GO WELL WITH YOU.

THANKS ONCE AGAIN FOR YOUR PICS AND A BIG THUMB UP TO YOU cheesy

THANKS YALL FOR THE COMMENTS.

NEXT PIC PLS smiley

3 Likes

Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by Nimen(m): 11:47am On Nov 18, 2014
This is Amanda Michalka and what she wore to the People's Choice Awards 2011
so people lets know if its a hit or miss

Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by Nobody: 12:04pm On Nov 18, 2014
Phema:

aspa ehn! angry

No mind them, if it was kim k that dressed like that the amount of 'bashing' she will get. you will cry.

na sweet truth they want.

sha no stop commenting oh it makes it more interesting jare, i had some mad fun here laughing and learning through the comments. smiley

1 Like

Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by merit12(f): 1:14pm On Nov 18, 2014
Thanks ladies for the bashing and I sincerely. Liked it .

It create room for me to improve in my fashion sense

I understand now that purple is not too good for dark peeps

Kisses ladies

5 Likes

Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by Nobody: 1:34pm On Nov 18, 2014
merit12:
Thanks ladies for the bashing and I sincerely. Liked it .
It create room for me to improve in my fashion sense
I understand now that purple is not too good for dark peeps
Kisses ladies

Kisses back at you girl! kiss Glad you know we meant well.

1 Like

Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by joywendy(f): 8:57pm On Nov 18, 2014
Thanks guys for the comments pls we have a new pic on ground lets continue on this new pic. Thanks smiley

as for the pic

mehn that dress is something else oh.

that puff on the hand and the net though undecided
Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by adet991(f): 9:29pm On Nov 18, 2014
Looking @ d pix I'm like Jesus.The only thing I like about her is her shoes

1 Like

Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by Nimen(m): 10:14pm On Nov 18, 2014
Ermm... Ai think y'all should say if its a hit or miss.

I'm not a female fashionista sha... But lets see... :-/ don't really see nothing, love it from the waist down, thats enough for me to give her a hit
Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by luxanne(f): 11:24pm On Nov 18, 2014
A hit for me.

She blended the outfit so well and she does looked good all way round.

1 Like

Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by Lawrence14: 8:36am On Nov 19, 2014
I have to be blunt abt dis. this is rubbish. ha hairstyle, d dress, d pose, d shoes its pure kaka(rubbish) and does she even know abt d way ha body is, its fatty,fatty,fat.d least she could do is cover dem up or gym for d dress.
Its a missssssss.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (41) (Reply)

Wedding Hairstyles Gallery For Natural Hair / Black Girls Killing It / Taylor Rhoden Rejected From Modeling Because Of Her Height & Curves, Makes It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.