Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,475 members, 7,816,120 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:44 AM

SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police - Fashion (36) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police (104227 Views)

Naija Peeps and our Fashion Blunders. A.k.a Fashion Police / Naija Fashion Police / Fashion Police In The Sun News Paper (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) ... (41) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by Creamish(f): 12:12pm On Jul 31, 2015
Ok... so Im still trying to understand the inspiration behind this piece Theodora Ibekwe had on during the Shameful Deceit Premiere in London.. Not flattering at all...

Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by MoNickk(f): 10:28pm On Jul 31, 2015
She actually looks cute but ill have preferred it if she had covered her arms. The tailor/designer of this dress did not try at all. bad bad tailoring.
Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by joywendy(f): 12:40am On Aug 01, 2015
Mmmm....not bad per se. The dress looks nice though that bow tie and that lace part just seems off. Looks like she's struggling in the neck area, the colour too not so good for her skin type. Hair and jeweries manageable undecided

Btw wishing everyone on this thread a happy new month!
Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by Adaeze003(f): 12:01pm On Aug 01, 2015
The dress doesn't look too good. Like the waist should have been pulled in and that sweetheart part of the dress coulda been better. bad tailoring maybe...

Plus, it looks like she's choking with that neck line.

Not bad looking but it's "just there".
Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by maxiflexi(f): 4:51pm On Aug 01, 2015
The bust area is illfitting. If the breastubewas pulled up a little more, & a better silluette (maybe peplum) was sewn for the waist/hip, the dress would have been a knockout.
Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by luxanne(f): 11:22am On Aug 05, 2015
@Joywendy,
Hi dear, smiley

Your decisions on the African attires PIC are welcome. But be reminded that it takes more than 2 days to get comments on a particular PIC, hence posting the PIC consecutively like you opined won't be possible.

It could be shuffled twice in a week without affecting the postage of other PIC, more like a blend of outfits - we don't have to stop doing the regulars of posting other PICs alongside it, you get?

@Pic,

The title of the event says it all na - shameful deceit. grin

Too bad I can't view her clearly but your comments shows that she lived up to the title of the event, Lool.

Happy New Month Everyone smiley

1 Like

Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by mitchyy(f): 5:27pm On Aug 05, 2015
Not flattering. I love the concept of the bowtie but the lace ruined it. I also think her shape should have been well defined in the dress, but its not. I like the unique look she was going for, but she missed the mark.
Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by flakey94: 7:23pm On Aug 05, 2015
O.M.G!!
She looks as if she is choking in that outfit.

It is badly made and when you are plus size, your best asset is your cleavage

She has a pretty face but the make-up could have been better..
Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by Shinchika: 8:31am On Aug 06, 2015
wait... is that a bow tie?

Creamish:
Ok... so Im still trying to understand the inspiration behind this piece Theodora Ibekwe had on during the Shameful Deceit Premiere in London.. Not flattering at all...

Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by Shinchika: 8:32am On Aug 06, 2015
na real shameful deceit. lol
Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by Adaeze003(f): 3:20pm On Aug 06, 2015
Lol... where did everyone pop out from? @Joywendy we need a verdict.

1 Like

Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by joywendy(f): 1:30pm On Aug 09, 2015
So sorry for the late verdict everyone my apologies. Thanks a lot luxanne, would put that in mind. Btw shinchika and flakey94 welcome to the thread smiley

VERDICT

Thanks everyone for the comments. I really appreciate!
From the comments above I have come up with the Following:

Okay Ms all has been said, the tailor and whoever did your make up need to go back to relearn their skills. Like seriously?? what were they thinking? The dress is not sewn properly it isn't fitted on your body, the bow tie is a new concept but it seems you are choking on the outfit. Babe whatup with the lace? angry so off point! I don't even know what to say again like the title of the event 'shameful deceit'

Sorry miss you have been fined for the above fashion blunders please get yourself a better tailor!!!

Next pic please smiley

3 Likes

Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by maxiflexi(f): 4:44pm On Aug 09, 2015
Let's start off the African print/wears! BRB! Let me look for craazy styles.
Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by MoNickk(f): 12:14pm On Aug 10, 2015
while we await maxiflexi,let us peruse these styles I have had in my folders for a while now...feel free to comment on which you can rock n which Ull not be seen dead in...lol

1 Like

Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by MoNickk(f): 12:18pm On Aug 10, 2015
I want to understand something about the ankara posts. are they to be critiqued too. If so,we could try to post one at a time every Friday or weekend for people to comment on. But if it's just to have people go 'oooh' and 'ahhh' on them,then i think maybe biweekly with different styles as i have done up there. guys...what do you think? joywendy pls let us know.

2 Likes

Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by Nobody: 2:05pm On Aug 10, 2015
@ the first photo, her hair is a mess. The shoes are hideous. Wrong and little accessories. I don't even like the patterns on the fabric.

kiss cool to the other pics, I love the outfits especially second and last one.

2 Likes

Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by joywendy(f): 2:09am On Aug 11, 2015
thanks monickk for the photos

Actually i wanted us to do both, but i guess we will start with the ohh' and 'ahhs' for now. grin wink

As for the critique it would be like we are posting our normal photos....

lovely pics....that first pic get as be oh....the colour combination just seems kinda dull. undecided

the second pic bleh.... lipsrsealed

3rd pic beautiful, though it seems the skirt is kinda tight for her. like the design cheesy

4th pic nice but i cant be seen in such, too self conscious grin

still observing....
Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by MoNickk(f): 11:00am On Aug 11, 2015
Ok. ..here we go again...next set

1 Like

Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by joywendy(f): 12:00pm On Aug 11, 2015
Nice ones Monickk!!

Got some here for our males on this thread who like to go MIA hehehe...

You can all make your choice...

Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by Nimen(m): 8:08pm On Aug 11, 2015
Black sha! Don't really love the colour... Thats ma problem wid number 1
i dont think the number 2 guy is a model, if he loses the hat... The outfit will go well with me
the trouser sha... Looks too skinny, plus his shoes yuck!
As for Uti's attire i have no comments

1 Like

Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by maxiflexi(f): 11:51pm On Aug 11, 2015
Okay, sorry for the delay, I'm back & its FASHION POLICE TIME. I read about the his girl online, African-American girl made her own prom dress.

I LOVE thee dress but the cleavage is too much for her age abeg, almost ruinned the look & d pride I felt seeing her

1 Like

Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by MoNickk(f): 8:55am On Aug 12, 2015
Yea. It almost ruined the look for me too. funny enough,I don't see anything spectacular about the design of the dress. what I admire is the fact that she stood out while representing her culture which is great. It was quite refreshing to see.
Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by joywendy(f): 6:55pm On Aug 12, 2015
Nice!!! Yeah I share your views Maxi and Monick. I guess it is okay for them over there so undecided

Nimen lol same here,don't really like black but it is what I could find,what's wrong with uti's attire?

Come on people! Why the silence ladies and gents? Let the comments keep on coming! smiley
Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by Nimen(m): 8:46pm On Aug 12, 2015
joywendy:
Nice!!! Yeah I share your views Maxi and Monick. I guess it is okay for them over there so undecided

Nimen lol same here,don't really like black but it is what I could find,what's wrong with uti's attire?

Come on people! Why the silence ladies and gents? Let the comments keep on coming! smiley

didn't say there was something wrong with it nah... Just said no comments

1 Like

Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by Nobody: 10:37am On Aug 13, 2015
The AA girl very nice agreed too much cleavage on display.
Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by Nobody: 10:57am On Aug 13, 2015
Too guady and peacocky. No style to speak of really. She just went for basic attention grabbing tactics, hence the cleavage and loud colors. And size. I believe if you will go for loud colors, then make that hem short. No need looking like a floating circus.
Besides, how practical is floor lenth robes for a prom?
I dont want to say she looks like a parisienne palace whor3.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by Nobody: 7:10am On Aug 14, 2015
Creamish:

She looks like a cat..and mouse undecided

4 Likes

Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by Adaeze003(f): 7:55am On Aug 14, 2015
The dress is aiit I guess. Not particularly wowed tho.

1 Like

Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by joywendy(f): 11:00am On Aug 14, 2015
Boboyekini welcome to the thread and thanks for the comments.

MoNickk dear, pls would you do us a nice favour of taking the verdict.

For new members here we have some rules to abide by:

[b] RULES

1. DO NOT POST ADVERTS HERE ,DO NOT DERAIL THE THREAD . (THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT)

2. COMMENTS SHOULD BE RELATED TO THE OVERALL OUTFIT ( HAIR ,SHOES, DRESS,MAKEUP E.T.C ). ALSO,YOU CAN COMMENT REGARDING THE OCCASION OR EVENT THE OUTFIT WAS WORN TO.

3. VERDICTS WILL BE RENDERED AFTER RECEIVING AT LEAST 4 COMMENTS FROM NAIRALANDERS ON THE CURRENT PICTURE,AND ONCE THE FINAL VERDICT HAS BEEN GIVEN BY EITHER I THE OP(joywendy), (GLAMSQUARD) OR MoNickk ,WE MOVE ON TO THE NEXT PICTURE. PLEASE DO NOT POST A NEW PICTURE IF THE FINAL VERDICT IS NOT GIVEN ON THE CURRENT PICTURE.

4. FINAL VERDICT IS GIVEN BASED ON HOW MUCH POSITIVE OR NEGATIVE COMMENTS HAS BEEN READ

e.g IF 3 OUT OF 4 COMMENTS ARE GOOD THEN THE FINAL VERDICT WILL BE A POSITIVE ONE ,IF 3 OUT OF 4 COMMENTS ARE BAD THEN VICE VERSA ,IN OTHER WORDS THE WEARER IN THE PICTURE IS GUILTY OF A FASHION OR STYLE OFFENCE.

5. YOU ARE FREE TO POST A PICTURE OF ANYONE , AT ANY EVENT THEY MAY HAVE ATTENDED (CELEBRITY OR NO CELEBRITY ) BUT PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU GET THE CONSENT OF THE NAIRALANDER FIRST BEFORE POSTING A PERSONAL PICTURE OF A NAIRALANDER AS STATED IN RULE NUMBER 10 ON NAIRALAND. YOU MAY BE BANNED FROM THIS SITE IF YOU DO SO.

6. DO NOT ENGAGE IN SQUABBLES OR ABUSIVE WORDS WITH ANOTHER COMMENTATOR ,YOU ARE FREE TO SECOND ANYONE'S COMMENTS ON AN OUT FIT POSTED HERE BY AGREEING TO THEIR COMMENTS AND ADDING YOUR FINAL THOUGHTS.

7. YOU ARE ALLOWED TO PUT UP A PICTURE OF AN ITEM THAT YOU THINK WOULD HAVE BEEN MORE APPROPRIATE FOR THE OUTFIT OR OCCASION. PLEASE WHEN DOING THIS IDENTIFY IN EITHER BLOCK LETTERS OR IN BOLD FONT. THIS WILL ENABLE OTHERS TO ALSO LEARN FROM HERE.

LETS KEEP IT PLAIN,NICE AND SIMPLE. smiley

PLEASE BEAR IN MIND THAT THESE RULES CAN BE CHANGED OR MODIFIED AT ANY POINT IN TIME.

THANKS.
[/b]

1 Like

Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by MoNickk(f): 12:39pm On Aug 15, 2015
igchuka please this is not an advert thread. so after reading joywendy's post up there,you still went ahead to post adverts. Please take down that thing up there. thanks.

VERDICT : it's a nice dress and look that was almost ruined by the display of cleavage. on the styling,nothing spectacular. an average look. She gets to go off on this one because of what prompted the look. 5/10. next pix pls

3 Likes

Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by joywendy(f): 11:39pm On Aug 15, 2015
Okay thanks Monickk so going to

Who wore it better?

We got kcee and meek mill, I personally think they both look off but hey we got to choose out of the two evils gentlemen grin

Ladies and gentlemen let's get your opinion. Who do you think wore it better?

(1) (2) (3) ... (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) ... (41) (Reply)

Trendy And Classy Women Wears In Vogue From Tito Collection / Wedding Hairstyles Gallery For Natural Hair / Black Girls Killing It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.