Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,272 members, 7,811,802 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:55 PM

SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police - Fashion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police (104162 Views)

Naija Peeps and our Fashion Blunders. A.k.a Fashion Police / Naija Fashion Police / Fashion Police In The Sun News Paper (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (41) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by joywendy(f): 9:58pm On Aug 21, 2014
zoelife: She looks good, Cuppy. Just flip dat mane to ur back, girl. Don't need it.
lol! Mane! This got me rolling grin
Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by GLAMSQUAD: 1:46am On Aug 22, 2014
@joywendy You're welcome

@thatgurlvixen Thank you dear, its always good to be back here ,missed the thread you all too.

@mitchyy hahaha.. I see you .... kiss and your lilac outfit , cute , very cute dear, love the skirt too. Thanks for taking the bold step here.

@Luxanne it's the same blog i only changed the url and graphic templates to a customised one ,and lost a lot of contents including pictures and comments in the process . But thanks for observing this. Glad to be back.

zoelife: She looks good, Cuppy. Just flip dat mane to ur back, girl. Don't need it.

Thanks for hitting the nail on the head , the outfit is really cute and pretty but would have been 100 % perfect if the pony tail curls were thrown to the back ,there are details on the top part of the dress ,the pony tail only takes away that focus point,other than that she looks pretty in this.

2 Likes

Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by joywendy(f): 1:53am On Aug 22, 2014
Thanks yall for your comment

Glamsquad smiley

Verdict time cheesy

1 Like

Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by joywendy(f): 2:09am On Aug 22, 2014
VERDICT

okay cuppy
starting with the good smiley

make up- beautiful

accessories- lovely

shoes-on point! smiley

outfit- gorge, gorge!! cheesy cheesy

the bad and terrible angry angry

THE HAIR: seriously girl! what in the hell where you thinking? With such beautiful combo and beautiful face, you came to destroy it with the hair . why? sad

overall she looks gorgeous smiley
sorry sis, you would be fined seriously for that hair angry

Thanks everyone!

next pic please smiley

5 Likes

Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by luxanne(f): 10:11pm On Aug 22, 2014
@thatgurlvixen, sweerie, I've been good. U've been madly scarce on here, hope u taking it easy out there?

@glamsquad, awww, so sorry about the loss, more grease ok. You welcome.
Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by GLAMSQUAD: 2:01am On Aug 24, 2014
OK , Ladies this the

WHO WORE IT BETTER PICTURE FOR THE THREAD

The designer of this lovely dress made her debut at the just concluded AFRICAN fASHION week in London .The design label is called RAAAH London.

Here is Tiwa Savage wearing it to the 25th anniversery album launch by DJ Jimmy Jatt .

Now who wore it better ?

THE MODEL on the runway OR TIWA SAVAGE

Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by joywendy(f): 3:31am On Aug 24, 2014
i prefer the model to tiwa.

tiwa just looks fat in the gown lipsrsealed

or is it just me? undecided

the model is better, without the glasses though. grin

2 Likes

Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by onegig(m): 10:00am On Aug 24, 2014
Ariyke: .
booking space?
Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by onegig(m): 10:04am On Aug 24, 2014
The model ofcourse. It's her field and i don't expect anything less than near perfection. The way Tiwa was even standing shows a bit lack of confidence and carriage.

1 Like

Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by Ariyke: 10:53am On Aug 24, 2014
onegig: booking space?
no I had to modify my post
Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by onegig(m): 11:42am On Aug 24, 2014
Ariyke: no I had to modify my post
oh ok.
Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by Seroautos: 1:50pm On Aug 24, 2014
HOW TO STAND
What do you do with your hands while standing?
Always keep your elbows in close to your sides.
Press the forearm of one arm lightly against your waist with palm up fingers relaxed.
Allow your other arm to hang freely at your side.

Or extend both forearms gracefully across the waist, resting the thumb of one hand in the palm of the other. Curve your fingers into a relaxed position.
You can also allow both arms to hang easily at your sides with your wrists just brushing the body.

If you are fidgety, put your hands behind your back clasping one hand in the other.
At first, these positions may feel contrived and unnatural, even uncomfortable. But with practice, they will become easy and you'll be on your way to a more graceful appearance! visit www.ladieswinds.com to learn how to stand.

RELATED ARTICLES
Skin care
Sit gratefully
Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by Nobody: 1:50pm On Aug 24, 2014
For that Wedding Event look, Tiwa. For that high street, hitting-the-streets-of-NYC look, the model killed it. Overall, if I had that dress to wear, I'd do Tiwa's look. #nohighstreetsinLagos. #hardchoice. Lol!

1 Like

Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by joywendy(f): 4:09pm On Aug 24, 2014
Lol! Zoelife!

Okay I didn't explain why I said the model
1. The colour seems very dull on her compared to the model.
2. I sincerely don't like the colour combination. Esp. The green purse, another colour for the purse like black would have been better.
3. It makes her look bigger than she actually looks.
4. Bad posture.

Apart from that her make up looks okay. smiley
Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by Nobody: 5:20pm On Aug 24, 2014
Yeah I see it now. Tiwa's purse was a bit off. Colour, uhm, I think Royal blue goes with all skin tones. That aside, take away the model's bun and Tiwa's purse, and we still have a tough job of choosing. Who do we now pick Madam Wendy, oya...

1 Like

Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by mitchyy(f): 10:07pm On Aug 24, 2014
GLAMSQUAD: @joywendy You're welcome

@thatgurlvixen Thank you dear, its always good to be back here ,missed the thread you all too.

@mitchyy hahaha.. I see you .... kiss and your lilac outfit , cute , very cute dear, love the skirt too. Thanks for taking the bold step here.

@Luxanne it's the same blog i only changed the url and graphic templates to a customised one ,and lost a lot of contents including pictures and comments in the process . But thanks for observing this. Glad to be back.

Sorry, past few weeks have been terribly busy for me. Welcome back and i hope you'll volunteer your picture next. I can't be the only scapegoat now cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by Adaeze003(f): 11:16pm On Aug 24, 2014
Model pls... i dont like tiwa's hair, then the green purse n nude(or is that gold?) pumps? ha, what was she trying to achieve? Then the accessories are just too much

If I had this dress, i'll just go with black flats n silver studs, let the dress talk.

1 Like

Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by freecocoa(f): 11:24pm On Aug 24, 2014
The model wore it way better abeg, don't know what tiwa looks like in them, plus I've noticed she has no shoe sense lipsrsealed.

1 Like

Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by joywendy(f): 11:43pm On Aug 24, 2014
zoelife: Yeah I see it now. Tiwa's purse was a bit off. Colour, uhm, I think Royal blue goes with all skin tones. That aside, take away the model's bun and Tiwa's purse, and we still have a tough job of choosing. Who do we now pick Madam Wendy, oya...
madam grin
its quite obvious, and i already mentioned it before. the model cheesy
Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by joywendy(f): 11:44pm On Aug 24, 2014
Adaeze003: Model pls... i dont like tiwa's hair, then the green purse n nude(or is that gold?) pumps? ha, what was she trying to achieve? Then the accessories are just too much

If I had this dress, i'll just go with black flats n silver studs, let the dress talk.
you are back cheesy
Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by GLAMSQUAD: 3:24pm On Aug 25, 2014
I've missed out on the action.

@zoelife Damn right about the ''high street style'' look by the model. But then again Tiwa is a celebrity, people look up to her for style inspiration.

I'm going to pretend that the Model's picture isn't here and go ahead and give my unbiased opinion on this look on Tiwa.

Something is definitely off alright and its the hair and the jewelry. Tiwa's hair makes this dress look drab , if only she just pulled it high up just a little bit more on both ears.

The earrings are nice but the heavy jewelry on the hands and wrists aged her 15 more years ( you know..... like a madam ). She's been married for what... 3 ,6 months and she's given up on fashion already.

If she wanted to go grecian which i think is the best way to style this hi-lo swing dress , then she should have gone with some tiny little jewelry here and there that don't need to make a loud statement.(like the picture of the hair jewelry piece i attached below).

Final thoughts ,dress is nice ,colour of the shoes are ok, but would have been better if they were stiletto sandals not pumps, make up is spot on, her smile , her pose, perfect.

Now for the look on the model , well , its styled age appropriate ,so i 'm sorry i have to give it to the Model. She wore it and styled it better , don't know about the shades though , but she gets my vote. ( Sorry Tiwa,you let me down this time)

1 Like

Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by Nobody: 11:53pm On Aug 25, 2014
luxanne: @thatgurlvixen, sweerie, I've been good. U've been madly scarce on here, hope u taking it easy out there?

Yes ma'am, I'm trying smiley

1 Like

Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by Nobody: 12:05am On Aug 26, 2014
I had to create a separate post for the picture, it is THAT serious.. I saw both ladies and I had to double check if it was the same dress. I mean we don't really have to argue about this, it OBVIOUSLY the model. Tiwa is just making fashion offences on sooo many levels, haba.. The colour washes her out,then what's with the stupid bracelets abi bangles making her look like one iyaoloja at an owanbe partyangry and that purse??! Dear Lordembarassed No offence @glamsquad, but her make up and hair is absolutely ridiculous,she looks like a sick doll for God's sakes, her make up lately has been giving me concern, I mean do we need an intervention or what? And don't get me started on those shoesundecided infact I'm going to sleepangry

2 Likes

Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by joywendy(f): 1:47am On Aug 27, 2014
VERDICT

Do i need to give tales grin

we already know who it is

THE MODEL! cheesy cheesy

sorry Tiwa better luck next time and please get a stylist!! angry

thanks yall for your comments

next pic please smiley

1 Like

Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by joywendy(f): 2:00am On Aug 27, 2014
okay people i got a picture of a couple

The rapper Riff Raff (asin see name grin) and Katy Perry at the just concluded VMAs 2014

what do you guys think?

Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by Nobody: 4:40am On Aug 27, 2014
joywendy: okay people i got a picture of a couple

The rapper Riff Raff (asin see name grin) and Katy Perry at the just concluded VMAs 2014

what do you guys think?

Those matching outfits are a fail, and that Riff Raff dude makes me throw up in my mouth a little bit. Russell Brand was one sexy (not to mention intelligent) mofo! It's a shame she's now constantly drifting about with intellectually irredeemable eye broccoli.

3 Likes

Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by joywendy(f): 5:10pm On Aug 27, 2014
EnlightenedSoul:

Those matching outfits are a fail, and that Riff Raff dude makes me throw up in my mouth a little bit. Russell Brand was one sexy (not to mention intelligent) mofo! It's a shame she's now constantly drifting about with intellectually irredeemable eye broccoli.
hehe lolz! Of course the name explains it all Riff raffgrin..yeah quite sad indeed

1 Like

Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by GLAMSQUAD: 5:18pm On Aug 27, 2014
Katy is back to her hit or miss, i 'm kind of confused here. As for the riff raff or whatever he calls himself , dont even know where to begin. Let me go and ponder on this look. brb grin

1 Like

Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by Nobody: 9:32pm On Aug 27, 2014
GLAMSQUAD: Katy is back to her hit or miss, i 'm kind of confused here. As for the riff raff or whatever he calls himself , dont even know where to begin. Let me go and ponder on this look. brb grin
Actually,there's nothing to ponder,its just one of those things u look at,shake ur head, wonder about the future of fashion,sigh and move on. I mean where does one even start from,from the riff raff or his missus. Mehn,I can't deal, brb like glam squad gringrin
Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by joywendy(f): 10:04pm On Aug 27, 2014
You ladies want to abadon me here abi? grin

Starting with the riff raff guy, he is a riff raff for sure. Like seriously what is this? Too much bling everywhere.he looks so bad that words can describe him...

I would be coming back for more

More comments please
Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by GLAMSQUAD: 10:40pm On Aug 27, 2014
@joywendy

My dear its not like we want to abandon you or the thread, but like @thatgurlvixen said - Somethings are better left unexplained , I've looked at this picture from head to toe , left to right ,in and out ,front and centre and have decided that i wont waste my saliva bandwith in dissecting this look. So Lets move on to the verdict shall we? and leave the ''riff raffs'' to their denim party. ROTFL.

''Riff Raff'' bruaaahahahha!!!! seriously i'm cracking up in front of my computer grin As for Katie perry , when she's back to her dress sense on another red carpet event then i can take a look at her outfit properly. Wonder why she didn't have a denim wig on her head. angry

1 Like

Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by luxanne(f): 11:04pm On Aug 27, 2014
Seems more like a hallowen party to me, what a costume grin but wait a min, this dude aint katty's new man right? embarassed

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (41) (Reply)

Trendy And Classy Women Wears In Vogue From Tito Collection / Wedding Hairstyles Gallery For Natural Hair / Black Girls Killing It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.