Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,513 members, 7,812,600 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:57 PM

Oro Traditionalists Perform Pastor Ajanaku 's Burial Rites - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Oro Traditionalists Perform Pastor Ajanaku 's Burial Rites (74693 Views)

Traditionalists Demand Public Holidays, Board, Political Appointments / Pastor Ajanaku Ressurects & Relapses In To Coma / Pastor Ajanaku Is Dead (Christ-Revival Church Pastor) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oro Traditionalists Perform Pastor Ajanaku 's Burial Rites by Hychineson(m): 1:34am On Aug 23, 2013
Mind what you say.
shymexx: Bwahahahahahahaha

Most naija pastors are closet traditionalists just as most roman catholic priests are closet homos.

And most arab muslims love sha.gging camels.

Nothing shocks me anymore. It's a crazy world of gullible people. undecided
Re: Oro Traditionalists Perform Pastor Ajanaku 's Burial Rites by FortresOfChrist(f): 1:46am On Aug 23, 2013
This is shameful, if it is true.
Re: Oro Traditionalists Perform Pastor Ajanaku 's Burial Rites by Youngtekkey(m): 1:49am On Aug 23, 2013
lanre_front:

Are you really sure of what you are saying? Did you really go to the said town of the late man of God to confirm this. You do realize this is not a joking matter. Whatever you say here will go a long way in affecting how people's make up their mind about this whole matter.

Also try to correct or edit your post to make it's meaning clearer to people.

Also keep us updated with any new information you might obtain.
that's what i gathered from the my sources in the town i traveled there to get that info am not testifying to the fact that i witness that oooooo am just saying what i heard coz that's currently circulating in the town PEACE
Re: Oro Traditionalists Perform Pastor Ajanaku 's Burial Rites by Ayatullah(m): 2:19am On Aug 23, 2013
delors:
Ayatollah, why dont u use your own devil given senses? What exactly is your point wrt what I wrote? By their names we shall know them. As far as I can tell, Ayatollah is one of the islamic terrorists in Middle East wreaking havoc everyday. What exactly are you depicting alfa Jihad?

Well, it's clear from your reply you are not using your brain properly and you are not even well informed, if you post on Nairaland and you do not want your post commented on then you may go ahead and create your own platform where you can be talking to yourself, or invite brainless people like yourself to interact with you
shocked
Re: Oro Traditionalists Perform Pastor Ajanaku 's Burial Rites by lakesguy(m): 3:37am On Aug 23, 2013
adebayogates: :oseriously na wa
but how truth it is
Y̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥ǝ̥̥' main tin' how tru is it? Nairaland av to start confirmin sm report bfor bringing it to frontpage' but if the story nah tru' na wah ooo' pastor ajanaku' tope alabi' criousli guys, yhu nid to knw how much I love tope alabi's track' hope say № be juju' hmmnnnn' make I neva conclude yet'
Re: Oro Traditionalists Perform Pastor Ajanaku 's Burial Rites by Omoocash(m): 3:46am On Aug 23, 2013
pastor prosper :
if thus is another lie to discredit a true man of God then may your days on earth forever be desolate, if its true that d man was a cultist parading as a pastor, may death, curses, HIV cancer, AIDS, be his and his familys forever.
Is quite unfair, u wouldn't have encompassed his family in this matter. His family may know nothing about his secret deal. May God forgive ur heart and ur mouth...
Re: Oro Traditionalists Perform Pastor Ajanaku 's Burial Rites by lomprico(m): 3:47am On Aug 23, 2013
pastor prosper :
if thus is another lie to discredit a true man of God then may your days on earth forever be desolate, if its true that d man was a cultist parading as a pastor, may death, curses, HIV cancer, AIDS, be his and his familys forever.

No need for the curses, the man is already dead. Why not lay d curse on d ones still living and still decieving people.
Re: Oro Traditionalists Perform Pastor Ajanaku 's Burial Rites by Billygee2u: 5:13am On Aug 23, 2013
naira-ner:
What he was doing in the dark has come to light
One painful thing is that he has gone and will not face the public after the secret has been revealed.God have mercy on your children,mostly those looking for miracles,signs/wonders.
Re: Oro Traditionalists Perform Pastor Ajanaku 's Burial Rites by hotwax: 5:22am On Aug 23, 2013
Akainzo:

You are a certified ignoramus. Based on your logic, as Easter is not a religion but a ritual of the Chriatian religion, tell me, the Oro is the ritual of which religion or cult?

My friend, who tell you that Oro has no members? So in your dreams only certain family members are in the Oro? You confuse the family that is responsible for the worship of the deity with the deity itself. Or is the Priest the religion/cult?

You are seeing it as argument because you lack no knowledge and thus result to abuses rather than learning. As I have advised you earlier, go home and ask questions from the elders.
is this typical of Nigerian graduates? They argue on what they don't know. Oro is ritual/rite. It can be performed by any cult group or the town. Muslim and xtian say prayers. Prayer is not a cult group. Why do we have so many graduates as ignoramus in Nigeria. No wonder why this country still remains. I am educating you in what I once did before. You are still arguing. Must you keep arguing when you are convinced? Oro is performed for the following reasons, by the following people: 1. Ifa/alawo cults to usher away the spirit of a dead member. Or to seek for more powers from their diety 2. At war, the town performs it to summon the ancesstors to come and fight. 3. Routine annual prayer for protection. 4. Town can use it to honor a dead hero. If you were in Ife during Ife-modakeke war, this was common in ile-ife. Any group of people can perform oro. Sango people performs oro before starting sango festival. You don't know anytin, but to accept is your problem. I'm not saying ajanaku is not a cult member. I am only correcting your stupidity that oro is not a cult. Oro is a ritual. And stop disgacingNigerian graduates. Sango has performers, its a family heritage. Esu diety has custodian, its a family heriyage. Egungun has custodian, its also a family tin. Oro has custodian or performer, its a family heritage tin. We call them omo ile oloro. See I don't argue rigidly. Let me come to your side. You can say his cult group performed oro rituals for him. Mostly if not all yoruba cult groups performs oro. Hope you understand.

2 Likes

Re: Oro Traditionalists Perform Pastor Ajanaku 's Burial Rites by hotwax: 5:28am On Aug 23, 2013
And in Yoruba land. If you belong to cult/ogboni society, when you die, they will claim your corpse. They won't allow you bury it. And they can go to war bcuz of that. Why haven't they claim that pastors body?

1 Like

Re: Oro Traditionalists Perform Pastor Ajanaku 's Burial Rites by Acecube(m): 5:38am On Aug 23, 2013
Ehen undecided
Re: Oro Traditionalists Perform Pastor Ajanaku 's Burial Rites by tpia5: 5:38am On Aug 23, 2013
lord have mercy, end times.
Re: Oro Traditionalists Perform Pastor Ajanaku 's Burial Rites by batuns247yahoo(m): 5:56am On Aug 23, 2013
jugde not
Re: Oro Traditionalists Perform Pastor Ajanaku 's Burial Rites by Btruth: 5:59am On Aug 23, 2013
pastor prosper :

Which one come be your own now? Are you surprised by this kind of news?

My friend, grow up ooo!
Re: Oro Traditionalists Perform Pastor Ajanaku 's Burial Rites by 4llerbuntu(m): 6:05am On Aug 23, 2013
pastor prosper :

just to inform u that if u actually think you are a christian or even worse s pastor, u are only deceiving yourself.
Re: Oro Traditionalists Perform Pastor Ajanaku 's Burial Rites by AbdH: 6:09am On Aug 23, 2013
PEN_MIGHT: At death, .....YOU ARE EITHER RESTED FROM THE WORLD .....or

THE WORLD IS RESTED FROM YOU.

Verily, what people say about the dead (behind him) is witnessed by the Angels.

I beseech The Most High to make my last days, and my family's, the best of our days and may my generations not be humiliated on the day we shall be returned to our Creator.
Ameen

1 Like

Re: Oro Traditionalists Perform Pastor Ajanaku 's Burial Rites by 4llerbuntu(m): 6:09am On Aug 23, 2013
hotwax: And in Yoruba land. If you belong to cult/ogboni society, when you die, they will claim your corpse. They won't allow you bury it. And they can go to war bcuz of that. Why haven't they claim that pastors body?

nollywood and old wives myth.

nobody claims any body. they reserve the right to perform their own rites of passage. if it involves the body then they insist on being given opportunity to have their ceremony with the body.

and this is not even a yoruba thing..... its a human thing in every society.

even modern religions. or do u think u will be allowed to bury a prominent imam without the ritual bath and wrapping in white cloth?

please open ur mind
Re: Oro Traditionalists Perform Pastor Ajanaku 's Burial Rites by pure2012soul(m): 6:29am On Aug 23, 2013
@Shymexx. The painful fact is that responding to homo sapiens such as yourself only diminishes one's credibility
Re: Oro Traditionalists Perform Pastor Ajanaku 's Burial Rites by chucky234(m): 6:43am On Aug 23, 2013
Brimmie:

[size=20]Almost Funny![/size] sad
Already funny joor
Re: Oro Traditionalists Perform Pastor Ajanaku 's Burial Rites by james2man: 7:09am On Aug 23, 2013
This will serve as an example for those who placed pastors higher than God. Pastor this,Pastor that. Any little problem pastor ooo my husband do this oo, pastors ooo my wife don start again ooo...That's why some people are not independent because it is their pastors who dictate how they live their life.

2 Likes

Re: Oro Traditionalists Perform Pastor Ajanaku 's Burial Rites by texaco1: 7:11am On Aug 23, 2013
hotwax: is this typical of Nigerian graduates? They argue on what they don't know. Oro is ritual/rite. It can be performed by any cult group or the town. Muslim and xtian say prayers. Prayer is not a cult group. Why do we have so many graduates as ignoramus in Nigeria. No wonder why this country still remains. I am educating you in what I once did before. You are still arguing. Must you keep arguing when you are convinced? Oro is performed for the following reasons, by the following people: 1. Ifa/alawo cults to usher away the spirit of a dead member. Or to seek for more powers from their diety 2. At war, the town performs it to summon the ancesstors to come and fight. 3. Routine annual prayer for protection. 4. Town can use it to honor a dead hero. If you were in Ife during Ife-modakeke war, this was common in ile-ife. Any group of people can perform oro. Sango people performs oro before starting sango festival. You don't know anytin, but to accept is your problem. I'm not saying ajanaku is not a cult member. I am only correcting your stupidity that oro is not a cult. Oro is a ritual. And stop disgacingNigerian graduates. Sango has performers, its a family heritage. Esu diety has custodian, its a family heriyage. Egungun has custodian, its also a family tin. Oro has custodian or performer, its a family heritage tin. We call them omo ile oloro. See I don't argue rigidly. Let me come to your side. You can say his cult group performed oro rituals for him. Mostly if not all yoruba cult groups performs oro. Hope you understand.

This is really interesting,in other words oro is like a ritual or spiritual rite performed by cult or group of people basically for spiritual purposes .but for oro to be performed for someone by a group that person must be or have been a member.
The question now is which particular group perfomed the oro rituals for ajanaku a k a babalawo?
Re: Oro Traditionalists Perform Pastor Ajanaku 's Burial Rites by mrakin(m): 7:11am On Aug 23, 2013
It is only God that can judge. We can only learn from it. We must be no part of the world and never put our trust in nobles.
pastors are not to be worshipped, they are to help us draw closer to God by teaching us constantly to serve God with all our mind and our whole soul.
Finally, God does not give patent miracle right to any pastor. Do not expect any miracle from any pastor. 1 Cor 13:1-12.
Re: Oro Traditionalists Perform Pastor Ajanaku 's Burial Rites by olorogun1: 7:18am On Aug 23, 2013
The fact that Oro rite was performed in the man's town before he was buried doesn't necessarily means he was a cultist,if you're well informed as a Nigeria you'll know gbongan as mentioned in the post is in osun state and the state is well known to hold traditional rites in high esteem regardless of your status or position, and ajanaku case might even be a little complicated if his own town or village is even deeper I mean so remote (typical village setting).if his family had decided to bury him in lagos or more civilize area that may not occur. Some of us need serious education in Nigeria about our culture and so on,even the whites knows some of these things than we nigerians
Re: Oro Traditionalists Perform Pastor Ajanaku 's Burial Rites by texaco1: 7:18am On Aug 23, 2013
4llerbuntu:

nobody claims any body. they reserve the right to perform their own rites of passage. if it involves the body then they insist on being given opportunity to have their ceremony with the body.

even modern religions. or do u think u will be allowed to bury a prominent imam without the ritual bath and wrapping in white cloth?

please open ur mind
I think you and hotwax are basically saying the same thing,what he is saying is that oro is not a cult group but sort of ceremony or rites.anything done to a body by a group of people which he or she belongs to before death and which is done to anyone withing that group can be said to be an oro.oro can be said to be rites or spiritual ceremonies.we christians we have our own lying in state and so on,the only diffenece is that ours is done openly and everybody can see what is been done unlike this one that was done for ajanaku the babalawo in the midnight
Re: Oro Traditionalists Perform Pastor Ajanaku 's Burial Rites by doctorbabs(m): 7:20am On Aug 23, 2013
are u people suprise with this news, he is not d first or the last. The pioneer of Church business Arch. Benson idahosa, when he dies too; the ogboni fraternity came around to performed their burial rite on him which cause chaos in benin then but due to gullibility of our people, have eyes but they can see. Church in my country is pure business. O lord lead my people to d right path.
Re: Oro Traditionalists Perform Pastor Ajanaku 's Burial Rites by hotwax: 7:21am On Aug 23, 2013
This is really interesting,in other words oro is like a ritual or spiritual rite performed by cult or group of people basically for spiritual purposes .but for oro to be performed for someone by a group that person must be or have been a member.
The question now is which particular group perfomed the oro rituals for ajanaku a k a babalawo?

That is my point. Maybe his baba-alawo, or ogboni cult group performs oro for him. I dont want to offend God. I said "Maybe". I didnt believe the news in the first place. But I believe more news will come out on this and we will see the truth later.
Re: Oro Traditionalists Perform Pastor Ajanaku 's Burial Rites by texaco1: 7:25am On Aug 23, 2013
hotwax:

That is my point. Maybe his baba-alawo, or ogboni cult group performs oro for him. I dont want to offend God. I said "Maybe". I didnt believe the news in the first place. But I believe more news will come out on this and we will see the truth later.
There is only one truth in this matter and that is that guy wasn't pure or clean.he was dirty maybe that was one of the reason tope left his church
Re: Oro Traditionalists Perform Pastor Ajanaku 's Burial Rites by raeez(m): 7:26am On Aug 23, 2013
If all muslims are boko haramites then all xtian pastors are traditionalists Dazz All
Re: Oro Traditionalists Perform Pastor Ajanaku 's Burial Rites by chizel: 7:26am On Aug 23, 2013
Wonders shall never end
Re: Oro Traditionalists Perform Pastor Ajanaku 's Burial Rites by hotwax: 7:31am On Aug 23, 2013

please open ur mind

I am not talking about nolywood. I am a core yoruba man. Dont tell me what I know. If you belong to Ogbonis, your family cant bury you. Its Ogbonis that will bury you. If you insist and plead with them, they request for a part of his body, usually the "head" or his heart. But they will take something compulsorily and if you prove strong head. Then its spiritual war. And I know you cant win that spiritual war. Because the pastor you are running too is also a member.

At the end, you allow them take what they want. This is not nollywood. This is about culture and religion.

My advise to you is:

Please more of research and culture, tourism. Less of computer games and nollywood films.
Read broadly. Brazillians and cubans are studying Yoruba culture not because they want to go spiritual, they discovered that Yorubas worship 2,777 gods. They want to know about Yorubas culture. That culture is rich, even more that Indians. Is just that nollywood is still backward, they dont. They still dont know how to produce films like Americans. Yoruba history and legend will rule the movie world.

I saw a movie "akara Ogun". Its a novel written in the 70's and 80's. Thank God I have read the novel, when I saw the movie. I was like, If I see the producer of this film. I will kill him. Nollywood are just saboteurs

2 Likes

Re: Oro Traditionalists Perform Pastor Ajanaku 's Burial Rites by opei(m): 7:32am On Aug 23, 2013
Kindly ponder on this story carefull!! Am sure this man must have performed different crusades! Am sure he must have performed miracles with the pretence that it was under the supervision of the HOLY SPIRIT....wake up from ur SLEEP.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Why We Shut Down Synagogue Church - T.B Joshua's Widow Evelyn (Pics) / Apostle Suleman Reacts To New Nigerian Passport With 'Herdsmen' Inscription / 5 Dangerous Signs Your Pastor Is A Fake

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.