Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,359 members, 7,954,467 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 07:37 PM

Students Visa: Attn Funkybaby, Akolawole, Mr Pataki, Others - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Students Visa: Attn Funkybaby, Akolawole, Mr Pataki, Others (1127 Views)

Bellview Lhr -los And Back. Any Experiences? Attn: Funkybaby, Paribus, Mr Pataki / @ Akolawole,mr Pataki,paribus,vor,vicjustice,londoncool,salsera & Funkybabe. / @akolawole,vor,funkybabe, Mr Pataki And Other Lecturers On This Land (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Students Visa: Attn Funkybaby, Akolawole, Mr Pataki, Others by aremuu: 5:05pm On Jun 09, 2008
Attention akolawole, funkybaby, londoncool, Mr pataki, Paribus and anyone else that can help

I have been following the trend of things here and I think I can obtain help here.

I will be making my student visa application next week. I'm okay with other things Ive learnt here but some issues i need to be clear about:

1.I was able to get an Hausa man as a Sponsor and I'm a Yoruba guy as my name implies-can it work? i mean is that acceptable.

2.Also I was working from 2007 until January this year in one small company with just 30k pay-is that tenanble or should I just say I don't have a job?

3.please tell me how important is the issue of sponsors tax clearance certificate which I've read about here-my sponsor is just a business man, legal though.

4. there is a section on the form where its asked if i will work in the uk-what do you advise noting that If i answer no it may place a work prohibition on my visa. I actually intend to do some pt work there though.

Please reply asap , i will be grateful, God help us all.
Re: Students Visa: Attn Funkybaby, Akolawole, Mr Pataki, Others by demi2008(f): 9:21am On Jun 10, 2008
if you say u dont intend to work i dont think they would place a work prohibition on ur student visa except you would be schooling for less than 6 months i'll advise you say u dont intent to work there are two types of student visa's 1, student visitor visa for courses of 6 months or less and d other one is d standard visa for courses of more than 6 months and it allows u to work for 20hrs during term time if u put on ur application form dat u intend 2 work they could interprete it as you just applying for student visa not to study but to go and work and as per your hausa sponsor your sponsor can be from anywhere in the world all they need is for him to prove that he can sufficiently cater for you in uk that is enough money in his account and as per ur work i dont think it really matters if u were getting 30k or 1k what matters here is funds in your sponsors account another thing that would help you is if you have paid part of your sch fees
Re: Students Visa: Attn Funkybaby, Akolawole, Mr Pataki, Others by 8ball(m): 11:09am On Jun 11, 2008
well,it is very important that one has to be thorough in his/her application for the british student visa otherwise the ECO'S will really find it easy to throw out yo application on the groungs of inconsistencies if u don't.Basically,u shd know why u're going to the school,that is the benefit this will be to you and most importantly if yo sponsor is capable of financing yo studies whilst u're there wivout u recoursing to public funnds to see yourself thru.But all in all,if u're able to pay up to half of the tution fees and show a credbible r/ship b/w u and yo sposor ,then u need not b afraid.I hope this helps
Re: Students Visa: Attn Funkybaby, Akolawole, Mr Pataki, Others by paribus(m): 2:04pm On Jun 11, 2008
aremuu:

Attention akolawole, funkybaby, londoncool, Mr pataki, Paribus and anyone else that can help

I have been following the trend of things here and I think I can obtain help here.

I will be making my student visa application next week. I'm okay with other things Ive learnt here but some issues i need to be clear about:

1.I was able to get an Hausa man as a Sponsor and I'm a Yoruba guy as my name implies-can it work? i mean is that acceptable.

2.Also I was working from 2007 until January this year in one small company with just 30k pay-is that tenanble or should I just say I don't have a job?

3.please tell me how important is the issue of sponsors tax clearance certificate which I've read about here-my sponsor is just a business man, legal though.

4. there is a section on the form where its asked if i will work in the uk-what do you advise noting that If i answer no it may place a work prohibition on my visa. I actually intend to do some pt work there though.

Please reply asap , i will be grateful, God help us all.

In a brief response to your questions:

1.  As previously stated by an earlier poster, anyone can be your sponsor - their name, tribe or nationality does not really matter. However please take note that what is of utmost importance is that you must be able to establish beyond doubt the motivation for your sponsor in taking up such significant expenditure in sponsoring your education. Don't make assumptions, let all document you are tendering make obvious the fact that it is indeed logical and feasible for your sponsor to be taking up financing your education in the UK.

2. If the work you are doing is well documented - i.e payslips, appointment letter, verifiable company, tax clearance, then by all means include this in your application. Not so much as to prove significant income but to help establishing that you have been economically active in Nigeria. Also depending on the nature of your present employment in terms of how it is related to your initial educational qualifications, there might be an opportunity to indicate that the pursuit of a UK degree is meant to significantly improve your present career situation. But please let it be all sensible with a logical flow.

3. Sponsor's tax clearance certificate is quite important. I understand the situation of your sponsor being a 'businessman' and probably without an income tax clearance. But bear in mind that most foreign embassies observe to the letter the laws of the native (host) country. If an individual has legitimately made a couple of millions through business and if same is reflected through his bank accounts, it is presumed that there must be proper remittance of income tax due to the appropriate authorities for those income to be identiified and acceptable as legit.  Maybe others might give you ideas on this.

4. On the form and any situation that you are asked if you intend to work in the UK, your answer should always be no. Regardless of your answer, student visas for studies 12months duration or more are allowed to work 20hrs per week.

Regards
Re: Students Visa: Attn Funkybaby, Akolawole, Mr Pataki, Others by ayomifull(f): 4:15pm On Jun 11, 2008
I think in most cases they prefer when your sponsor is closely related to you, i've heard of instances where such applications are refused because they can not establish a close relationship between the applicant and the sponsor. This may not be the case in all applications but at times it does affect, it actually happended to a very close cousin, his supposed sponsor is his related uncle with very heavy statement but it was not succesful. Like i said it may not be in all cases, others that are very conversant in this are will advise better, try your best and remember prayer works wonders.

(1) (Reply)

Uk Slashes Student Visas For Non Uk/eu Nationals / You Can Travel And Pay Later / Marriage In 9ija Or German

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.