Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,324 members, 7,815,631 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:39 PM

FG To Unveil New National Carrier On October 1st - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG To Unveil New National Carrier On October 1st (14240 Views)

FG To Unveil Beneficiaries Of Halliburton Bribe / National Carrier To Begin Operations With 50 Aircraft / Update On Registration For The New National I.D. Card (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG To Unveil New National Carrier On October 1st by walex2bad(m): 10:16am On Aug 23, 2013
Hmm. God knws best..
Re: FG To Unveil New National Carrier On October 1st by Itoroetti(m): 10:18am On Aug 23, 2013
With this coming online,airfare will be reduced to allow not really financially bouyant people have alternatives.
With rail fully backed on,I see our roads been less congested and accident fully reduced to the bearest minimum.
With time,we will get there.

1 Like

Re: FG To Unveil New National Carrier On October 1st by Nobody: 10:22am On Aug 23, 2013
I love the history of our National Carrier

1: Nigerian Airways
Pros: Best Flight Experiences any Nigerian who has traveled in the 80s will tell you
Cons: Rather than admit that our entire fleet was poorly maintained thus the main reason for her dwindling performance, they said, "Hey!! an Elephant cannot fly.. why won't our National Carrier be experiencing problems"

Nigerian Eagle Air
Virgin Nigeria
Air Nigeria
? ? ?
Fresh AIR?

1 Like

Re: FG To Unveil New National Carrier On October 1st by chiteny(m): 10:22am On Aug 23, 2013
Another failed venture from inception and means of massive looting and corruption by our Government.

I will just sit back and watch this happen right after the lunch of the "national carrier".

All hopes are lost in this my beloved country as long as we dont have a government that is accountable its people.
Re: FG To Unveil New National Carrier On October 1st by taharqa: 10:29am On Aug 23, 2013
chiteny: Another failed venture from inception and means of massive looting and corruption by our Government.

I will just sit back and watch this happen right after the lunch of the "national carrier".

All hopes are lost in this my beloved country as long as we dont have a government that is accountable its people.
Just SHUT ya mouth tha already. This manner of Pathetic Cynicism is so old and stale. Nobody gets moved anymore...

8 Likes

Re: FG To Unveil New National Carrier On October 1st by yunglykmine(m): 10:29am On Aug 23, 2013
kutchs:
When will something ever be a priority to folks like you? Perhaps you need to read the news again to see how needful the national carrier has become. Everything doesn‘t have to be measured in naira and kobo u know?
Chairman, you don't have to sound rude.. If you can read, I said lemme chill and read from other posters. It will have been more reasonable of you to give a breakdown why its a priority at this present stage of the country + I don't think you even know what priority really means... Learn to sound polite.
Re: FG To Unveil New National Carrier On October 1st by ik4life: 10:32am On Aug 23, 2013
Misplaced priority mtechwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww aluta countinua #teamasuu#
Re: FG To Unveil New National Carrier On October 1st by mauriemaxwell: 10:36am On Aug 23, 2013
They Have not paid the final entitlements of the deceased and ex-Nigeria airways workers yet they want to unviel a new national carrier.what kind of useless government do we have for crying out loud.
Re: FG To Unveil New National Carrier On October 1st by yunglykmine(m): 10:36am On Aug 23, 2013
Yungwizzzy: akpa amu why not use that billion to settle ASUU and let the students go back to school always putting priority on non important things

ewu asaba
.. You've spoken well Boss. Exactly my point up there & somebody was talking nonsense. Let our leaders set their priorities right. I think we have more pressing issues.
Re: FG To Unveil New National Carrier On October 1st by solomon111(m): 10:39am On Aug 23, 2013
yunglykmine: Chairman, you don't have to sound rude.. If you can read, I said lemme chill and read from other posters. It will have been more reasonable of you to give a breakdown why its a priority at this present stage of the country.. Learn to sound polite.
why is a national carrier a priority?
Do you know how much money countries like ethiopia makes from their national carrier?
I am sure you don't.
Most of you just scream "diversification of economy",yet any step govt takes to accomplish it is ridiculed and termed "misplacement of priority",just the same way the $16billion petrochemical plant was ridiculed.

3 Likes

Re: FG To Unveil New National Carrier On October 1st by successking: 10:41am On Aug 23, 2013
Another giant stride on the path to development by GEJ administration, bravoooooooo.

1 Like

Re: FG To Unveil New National Carrier On October 1st by solomon111(m): 10:42am On Aug 23, 2013
yunglykmine: .. You've spoken well Boss. Exactly my point up there & somebody was talking nonsense. Let our leaders set their priorities right. I think we have more pressing issues.
ASUU is not fighting for the well-being of our universities.
All they are clamouring for is huge allowances.
Their basic salaries is not a problem.
Re: FG To Unveil New National Carrier On October 1st by fursh(m): 10:44am On Aug 23, 2013
iamswizz: Shebi, na naija wey dey..

Make we dey watch whether e go last.

Can't seem 2 understand some persons. It's not compulsory u must say something nor drop a comment, as your opinion doesn't count. Nice one 9ja govt
Re: FG To Unveil New National Carrier On October 1st by chiteny(m): 10:56am On Aug 23, 2013
taharqa: Just SHUT ya mouth tha already. This manner of Pathetic Cynicism is so old and stale. Nobody gets moved anymore...

I will not respond to your insult with another. Please reply my writeup in 2years time, after the launch of the national carrier. Every one has the right to air what he thinks about any issues. U have ur opinion, and I have mine.

2 Likes

Re: FG To Unveil New National Carrier On October 1st by charsobodo(m): 11:01am On Aug 23, 2013
New national carrier? Just hope this won't be another avenue for looting.
Re: FG To Unveil New National Carrier On October 1st by Goddex: 11:02am On Aug 23, 2013
"Fresh Air" should be the name of the new airline.
Surely, we will get there as a nation. Ethiopian Airlines has occupied Africa's top spot as number one airline closely followed by Kenya Airways and South Africa Airways but I think given our size and resources though untapped this new baby will make a statement in Africa and beyond very soon.

2 Likes

Re: FG To Unveil New National Carrier On October 1st by fursh(m): 11:04am On Aug 23, 2013
Yungwizzzy: akpa amu why not use that billion to settle ASUU and let the students go back to school always putting priority on non important things

ewu asaba

You called him Akpa amu and Ewu asaba right? Yet he's your president. Where does that leave you and what does that make you? Do the maths
Re: FG To Unveil New National Carrier On October 1st by gregg2: 11:20am On Aug 23, 2013
Whooooooooppppsss. . . as Jonathan himself rightly pointed out, "opposition will be more confused by 2015"
Re: FG To Unveil New National Carrier On October 1st by anonimi: 11:30am On Aug 23, 2013
Promhize:
You are the Ewu here. I'm a student of OAU, and I totally support the Federal govt on this one, those lecturers are greedy bastards that don't deserve any allowance.

Keep running ur mouth while GEJ is working tongue

How about the LG coucillors who receive between 200k to 1 million monthly as well as other political office holders including the senators who collect N= 29 million every month, would you also call them GREEDY BASTARDS
Re: FG To Unveil New National Carrier On October 1st by otokx(m): 11:33am On Aug 23, 2013
Goddex: "Fresh Air" should be the name of the new airline.
Surely, we will get there as a nation. Ethiopian Airlines has occupied Africa's top spot as number one airline closely followed by Kenya Airways and South Africa Airways but I think given our size and resources though untapped this new baby will make a statement in Africa and beyond very soon.

We have the population and resource to make our national carrier to be the tops in Africa.
Re: FG To Unveil New National Carrier On October 1st by Okijajuju1(m): 11:45am On Aug 23, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
That is exactly what it is. Wholly private sector managed.

Like how Jimoh Ibrahim managed Air Nigeria abi?!
Re: FG To Unveil New National Carrier On October 1st by dokunbam(m): 11:54am On Aug 23, 2013
blayz0923: as far as jobs r created(transparently) I would welcome it.

I tell u grin grin grin grin
Re: FG To Unveil New National Carrier On October 1st by awodman: 11:57am On Aug 23, 2013
Okija_juju:

Like how Jimoh Ibrahim managed Air Nigeria abi?!
The ministry must have noted the errors in that particular adventure and if in their right sentences will do all they can to avoid same pitfalls..did you read the whole article?..if not I recommend you do so
Re: FG To Unveil New National Carrier On October 1st by Bizibi(m): 12:00pm On Aug 23, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
That is exactly what it is. Wholly private sector managed.
i agree on it too,no politicians hands in this one
Re: FG To Unveil New National Carrier On October 1st by Okijajuju1(m): 12:03pm On Aug 23, 2013
awodman:
The ministry must have noted the errors in that particular adventure and if in their right sentences will do all they can to avoid same pitfalls..did you read the whole article?..if not I recommend you do so

I honestly didnt.. Just saw the Title and read the responses.

Plus, I have read similar News before.. I think they should go bring Virgin Nigeria back..
Re: FG To Unveil New National Carrier On October 1st by PassingShot(m): 12:09pm On Aug 23, 2013
"Nigeria One". Funny Name.
Re: FG To Unveil New National Carrier On October 1st by Tonylyte(m): 12:30pm On Aug 23, 2013
And the freshAir continous......go ye and sayeth unto thy brethrens, okoro, audu, dele, okon, odey, et all, who fleeth 4m thy great nation, to come back and b part of the freshAir. For i thy God, chooseth thee dis day a man who capable to lead thee to the land wich i promise to render unto thee...feareth thee not the threat of bokohoram and all who findeth allies in them, for i thy lord who brought thee out of the hands of thy slave masters, keepeth watch till dis day.#teamFreshAir.

1 Like

Re: FG To Unveil New National Carrier On October 1st by hunter21(m): 12:42pm On Aug 23, 2013
Tonylyte: And the freshAir continous......go ye and sayeth unto thy brethrens, okoro, audu, dele, okon, odey, et all, who fleeth 4m thy great nation, to come back and b part of the freshAir. For i thy God, chooseth thee dis day a man who capable to lead thee to the land wich i promise to render unto thee...feareth thee not the threat of bokohoram and all who findeth allies in them, for i thy lord who brought thee out of the hands of thy slave masters, keepeth watch till dis day.#teamFreshAir.
Has in.................... Nairaland comment of the year.
Re: FG To Unveil New National Carrier On October 1st by Bright2(m): 12:42pm On Aug 23, 2013
Don't expect magic! It's a gradual process, up GEJ grin shocked
Re: FG To Unveil New National Carrier On October 1st by Nobody: 12:53pm On Aug 23, 2013
Good move, but my big question is whether they have settled the huge debts they acquired!!! If not get ready for another story!
Re: FG To Unveil New National Carrier On October 1st by Nobody: 12:53pm On Aug 23, 2013
Good move, but my big question here is whether they have settled the huge debts they acquired!!! If not get ready for another story!
Re: FG To Unveil New National Carrier On October 1st by Adolak(m): 1:26pm On Aug 23, 2013
I think this GEJ administration is really doing something. And BTW what does the APC has to say about this.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

56th Independence Day Celebration In Kano Held At Sani Abacha Stadium / APC Chieftain Accused Of Attacking PDP Governor’s Aide In Akwa Ibom. Photos / Senate Goes Into Closed Session Over Ministerial List

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.