Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,329 members, 7,815,655 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:01 PM

FG To Unveil New National Carrier On October 1st - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG To Unveil New National Carrier On October 1st (14241 Views)

FG To Unveil Beneficiaries Of Halliburton Bribe / National Carrier To Begin Operations With 50 Aircraft / Update On Registration For The New National I.D. Card (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG To Unveil New National Carrier On October 1st by Nigerianmovie(m): 1:59pm On Aug 23, 2013
Adolak: I think this GEJ administration is really doing something. And BTW what does the APC has to say about this.

they never have anything reasonable to say. Their opinion is not needed. As it seems APC only agenda is to wrestle power off PdP....
Re: FG To Unveil New National Carrier On October 1st by Nobody: 3:23pm On Aug 23, 2013
anonimi:

How about the LG coucillors who receive between 200k to 1 million monthly as well as other political office holders including the senators who collect N= 29 million every month, would you also call them GREEDY BASTARDS
Re: FG To Unveil New National Carrier On October 1st by Nobody: 3:27pm On Aug 23, 2013
Wow! Finally, Nigerians would have an extra alternative when flying. I hope this new carrier will succeed in the long-run, as woithin the next 6 years, it could become one of the top airlines in Africa.
As for it's route model, it could follow Emirates pat-flying only international routes, while the domestic airlines will serve as it's feeder source.
Re: FG To Unveil New National Carrier On October 1st by themaskedman: 3:31pm On Aug 23, 2013
yunglykmine: Chairman, you don't have to sound rude.. If you can read, I said lemme chill and read from other posters. It will have been more reasonable of you to give a breakdown why its a priority at this present stage of the country + I don't think you even know what priority really means... Learn to sound polite.
If you had taken time to read the news very well, you would have seen why the national carrier is a priority.
Re: FG To Unveil New National Carrier On October 1st by anonimi: 4:27pm On Aug 23, 2013
Promhize:
Two wrongs cannot make a right. If federal govt should grant them this 100billion, this same ASUU will strike next year with another demand. Wish GEJ could do like obasanjo - NO WORK, NO PAY. That's why I like Fashola, when some doctors went on strike in Lagos, what did he do, he sacked them.

1. Have you thought about REDUCING the salary & allowances of political office holders from LGAs to state and federal levels both legislative & executive based on COMPARATIVE value added and expected productivity to the society, which will reduce pressure by other workers of the SAME government asking for more salaries & allowances
I understand that Nigerian professors earned more than the 1st Prime Minister, Tafawa Balewa. Go and find out!

2. No work, No pay such that we will lose our workers who were trained in our primary, TECHNICAL, secondary schools, universities etc with our money to foreign countries where they will be under-employed COMPARED to their white colleagues, effectively on socio-economic EXILE even though they will swagger sey dem dey for diaspora?
Meanwhile the same Fashola knew how to send his father abroad for medical treatment while the doctors to whom he is primarily responsible were on strike and many Lagosians were DYING.
His father died recently too, in case you missed that!
It is just the same way the clueless leaders we hail as champions will send their kids to schools abroad while doing No work, No pay for lecturers in Nigeria and making other students suffer.
Is that the right action for a SENSIBLE leader

3. Fashola had to hire the doctors back after his godfather, Tinubu intervened publicly taking the shine and initiative away from his boy. Go and find out!

Is there any real chance that we can think beyond the SIMPLEX level
Re: FG To Unveil New National Carrier On October 1st by Nobody: 7:08pm On Aug 23, 2013
yunglykmine: I don't know if this is actually a priority now...
*grabs popcorn & Fanta* chilling to read from other posters.

haba this is a very good intiative. Apart frm employment and income, forigen reserve will be saved, reduced cost of international flight.
Re: FG To Unveil New National Carrier On October 1st by MomohLawal: 8:00pm On Aug 23, 2013
Already there Is flight plying some state like Abuja to akure,, ilorin ,owerri sokoto,adamawa,Bennin, maiduguri,Enugu and many other state apart from the major cities in nigeria. Overland airline is an example with there small and big plane flying all route with charge of #19000. With the introduction of national carrier with will now encourage competition. I think in my own opinion it is a wellcome development and first of it kind in nigeria. God bless Gej and his co-pilot
Re: FG To Unveil New National Carrier On October 1st by janco: 9:50pm On Aug 23, 2013
If you see the prices of planes in millions :Jet Prices Airplane Families, you would know that Nigeria is rich enough to buy as many planes to make National carriers (source: http://www.boeing.com/boeing/commercial/prices/)

Boeing 737 Family

737-700 $76.0m
737-800 $90.5m
737-900ER $96.1m
737 MAX 7 $85.1m
737 MAX 8 $103.7m
737 MAX 9 $109.9m
747 Family
747-8 356.9
747-8 Freighter 357.5
767 Family
767-300ER 185.8
767-300 Freighter 188.0
767-2CFX *
777 Family
777-200ER 261.5
777-200LR 296.0
777-300ER 320.2
777 Freighter 300.5
787 Family
787-8 211.8
787-9 249.5
787-10 288.7
Re: FG To Unveil New National Carrier On October 1st by unicon25: 12:23am On Aug 24, 2013
Had it been our past leaders are gej nigeria wud ve been a heaven on earth"""instead dey carry our Mmoney go urope and asia to enjoy"""gej 4live haters jump in de lagun""eeee mama chinedu give me a plate of garry with okoro put it 25 meat with jing wine..

1 Like

Re: FG To Unveil New National Carrier On October 1st by Rossikk(m): 12:48am On Aug 24, 2013
Well, kudos once again to the Jonathan administration for this laudable effort at re-establishing Nigeria as a major player in international air travel. If I were him I'd go a step further and headhunt some managers at Ethiopian Airlines to run the thing for the first 10 years, and make it really competitive using the Ethiopian Airlines business model.

1 Like

Re: FG To Unveil New National Carrier On October 1st by otokx(m): 12:51am On Aug 24, 2013
q
Rossikk: Well, kudos once again to the Jonathan administration for this laudable effort at re-establishing Nigeria as a major player in international air travel. If I were him I'd go a step further and headhunt some managers at Ethiopian Airlines to run the thing for the first 10 years, and make it really competitive using the Ethiopian Airlines business model.

inferiority complex
Re: FG To Unveil New National Carrier On October 1st by otokx(m): 12:54am On Aug 24, 2013
Promhize:
Two wrongs cannot make a right. If federal govt should grant them this 100billion, this same ASUU will strike next year with another demand. Wish GEJ could do like obasanjo - NO WORK, NO PAY. That's why I like Fashola, when some doctors went on strike in Lagos, what did he do, he sacked them.

No work, no pay is not a new thing, when they resume, the backlog will still be paid so any need?
Re: FG To Unveil New National Carrier On October 1st by Rossikk(m): 12:56am On Aug 24, 2013

1 Like

Re: FG To Unveil New National Carrier On October 1st by Nobody: 3:14pm On Aug 24, 2013
Thief Obasanjo should vomit his loot so we could re-establish Nigeria Airways.

It was a crime for Thief Obasanjo to liquidate Nigeria Airways
Re: FG To Unveil New National Carrier On October 1st by chiteny(m): 7:11am On Oct 06, 2013
chiteny: Another failed venture from inception and means of massive looting and corruption by our Government.

I will just sit back and watch this happen right after the lunch of the "national carrier".

All hopes are lost in this my beloved country as long as we dont have a government that is accountable its people.

taharqa: Just SHUT ya mouth tha already. This manner of Pathetic Cynicism is so old and stale. Nobody gets moved anymore...

....and now, where is the new national carrier expected in 1st October?? . When i tell u this is Naija you open you mouth hole and spew things without thinking. I am still waiting for the national carrier. And like i said before, even after they manage to unveil it, check its performance a for a few months then give them kudos if you can.
Re: FG To Unveil New National Carrier On October 1st by seanet02: 7:31am On Oct 06, 2013
October First don pass, yawa go soon busrt
Re: FG To Unveil New National Carrier On October 1st by otokx(m): 8:07am On Oct 06, 2013
seanet02: October First don pass, yawa go soon busrt

Don't mind them peeps, the media has been conpromised and are just eating the money government is doling out and then telling us wonderful tales.
Re: FG To Unveil New National Carrier On October 1st by abes(m): 8:54am On Oct 18, 2013
today is the 18th, no 'Nigeria One' or 'One Nigeria', though we have seen 'BMW TWO'

1 Like

Re: FG To Unveil New National Carrier On October 1st by freezy(m): 9:28am On Oct 18, 2013
abes: today is the 18th, no 'Nigeria One' or 'One Nigeria', though we have seen 'BMW TWO'

^^^

grin grin grin
Re: FG To Unveil New National Carrier On October 1st by awodman: 9:35am On Oct 18, 2013
abes: today is the 18th, no 'Nigeria One' or 'One Nigeria', though we have seen 'BMW TWO'
Its still on course..awaiting presidential approval
www.nairaland.com/1473565/national-carrier-unveiled-month-end
Re: FG To Unveil New National Carrier On October 1st by Omen100(m): 10:08am On Oct 18, 2013

Dem never see anything yet & this is how our eastern brothers will be waiting for the 2nd Niger bridge to be unvail by 2050. tongue tongue tongue
Re: FG To Unveil New National Carrier On October 1st by chiteny(m): 3:20pm On Nov 09, 2013
[size=20pt]....still waiting on this damn "one nigeria" abi "air nigeria" angry angry[/size]
Re: FG To Unveil New National Carrier On October 1st by Nobody: 5:18pm On Nov 09, 2013
chiteny: [size=20pt]....still waiting on this damn "one nigeria" abi "air nigeria" angry angry[/size]
The project has obviously suffered a set back following the recent onslaught on the minister. It is only natural for the minister to save herself first while other things will become secondary. In addition, there is no incentive to continue to work hard when all you get for hardwork in Nigeria is massive onslaught from enemies of PROGRESS.

1 Like

Re: FG To Unveil New National Carrier On October 1st by Nobody: 5:22pm On Nov 09, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
The project has obviously suffered a set back following the recent onslaught on the minister. It is only natural for the minister to save herself first while other things will become secondary. In addition, there is no incentive to continue to work hard when all you get for hardwork in Nigeria is massive onslaught from enemies of PROGRESS.
The minister's travails shouldn't unnecessarily delay the project. The Perm Sec can take over in the negotiations.
Re: FG To Unveil New National Carrier On October 1st by Nobody: 5:23pm On Nov 09, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:

the only thing you can count on from team gej is excuses for incompetence

1 Like

Re: FG To Unveil New National Carrier On October 1st by Nobody: 5:55pm On Nov 09, 2013
CFCfan:
The minister's travails shouldn't unnecessarily delay the project. The Perm Sec can take over in the negotiations.
You assume the Perm Sec is in support of the project. What if otherwise? Some of these projects are babies of the minister. Without the push of the minister, such projects are dead. The only exceptions are projects which the president is championing himself.
Re: FG To Unveil New National Carrier On October 1st by Nobody: 6:13pm On Nov 09, 2013
What month is it sef?

No b November we dey?

I rest my case

Its not as if they even wanna buy any new craft,na to convert dem Aero Conductor abi na Contractor....yet na story we dey hear!
Re: FG To Unveil New National Carrier On October 1st by Nobody: 6:54pm On Nov 09, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
You assume the Perm Sec is in support of the project. What if otherwise? Some of these projects are babies of the minister. Without the push of the minister, such projects are dead. The only exceptions are projects which the president is championing himself.
That just shows how far we lag behind. Governance is more of a personality cult, rather than of strong institutions.
Re: FG To Unveil New National Carrier On October 1st by Rossikk(m): 7:01pm On Nov 09, 2013
CFCfan:
That just shows how far we lag behind. Governance is more of a personality cult, rather than of strong institutions.

I think you guys are jumping the gun here and making wayyyy too many assumptions.

Why don't we all just wait patiently for the airline to be properly arranged and then unveiled (it is NOT driven by any minister. It is an FG policy).

Thanks gentlemen.
Re: FG To Unveil New National Carrier On October 1st by Nobody: 7:16pm On Nov 09, 2013
Rossikk:

I think you guys are jumping the gun here and making wayyyy too many assumptions.

Why don't we all just wait patiently for the airline to be properly arranged and then unveiled (it is NOT driven by any minister. It is an FG policy).
Thanks gentlemen.

Yeah, I thought as much. Since the policy is at an advanced stage, and the President has given his blessings to it, no Perm sec can alter the present course.
Re: FG To Unveil New National Carrier On October 1st by Nobody: 7:16pm On Nov 09, 2013
CFCfan:
It is not unique to Nigeria. In the US, without the push of Obama, the Obamacare health care policy would have been killed.

By the way, I am just speculating. But definitely, if the project is the baby of the minister, it will die without her push. On the other hand, if the president is directly interested or initiated the project, then it will soon materialize, with or without the minister.
Re: FG To Unveil New National Carrier On October 1st by Nobody: 7:19pm On Nov 09, 2013
^^
GEJ is 100% behind the plan.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

(photo) Meet Uche Mefor, The Deputy Director Of Radio Biafra / Today Is Nigerian Armed Forces Remembrance Day (2019)! / ABC Nwosu Resigns As PDP Chairman In Anambra After Governorship Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.