Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,731 members, 7,959,264 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 01:13 PM

Yerima Interview Will Be On ChannelsTV Tomorrow At 9pm - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yerima Interview Will Be On ChannelsTV Tomorrow At 9pm (11351 Views)

Olisa Metuh And Yerima The Bail Differences - Just Check This. / Inec Chairman, Jega On Channelstv: I'm Disappointed On Card Reader Haters / Governor Amaechi Live On Channelstv (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yerima Interview Will Be On ChannelsTV Tomorrow At 9pm by OCcool: 8:05pm On Aug 25, 2013
babagy82: I hate u people (christians) because of your hatred to islam. If a christian man marries a 16year old girl u'll say nothing. But if a muslim marries a gairl of that same age u'll call him pedophile. Whats rong with u?? Underage marriage is our right as muslims and nobody will force u todo it. I myself cant marry underage girl for some reason but doesnt mean i cant give out my underage girl out for marriage .
and u think u will be doing her any good. Have u pple even considered the health implications of this early marriage palaver on these underaged girls? Little wonder most northern states have a high prevalance of VVF (Vesicle V.aginal Fistula) among their women.
Re: Yerima Interview Will Be On ChannelsTV Tomorrow At 9pm by drawclose: 8:59pm On Aug 25, 2013
D interview has commence.
Re: Yerima Interview Will Be On ChannelsTV Tomorrow At 9pm by drawclose: 9:02pm On Aug 25, 2013
Yerima said 'puberty determine marriage'
Re: Yerima Interview Will Be On ChannelsTV Tomorrow At 9pm by drawclose: 9:04pm On Aug 25, 2013
D guy is a confuse dude
Re: Yerima Interview Will Be On ChannelsTV Tomorrow At 9pm by Maxymilliano(m): 9:09pm On Aug 25, 2013
What he is harping on is maturity and puberty, and according to Islamic law as stated by Yerima, once a girl attain puberty, she is deemed 'marriageable' once parental consent is sought ...
Re: Yerima Interview Will Be On ChannelsTV Tomorrow At 9pm by vedaxcool(m): 9:11pm On Aug 25, 2013
This woman is just shouting rather than talking, at the end he would make a fool of this woman! She simply just agreed that marriage should be based on puberty and maturity, the question now arises what is this puberty and maturity?
Re: Yerima Interview Will Be On ChannelsTV Tomorrow At 9pm by drawclose: 9:14pm On Aug 25, 2013
He said 'the parent of child determine maturity' so a child can be 9 years old and d parents can qualify such a child for marriage as far she has breast and menstruate so he said
Re: Yerima Interview Will Be On ChannelsTV Tomorrow At 9pm by Maxymilliano(m): 9:15pm On Aug 25, 2013
He never married the daughter of his driver as widely rumored, his marriage to the Egyptian chick was conducted at the Abuja Central Mosque, witnessed and endorsed by Judges from the Sharia Court of Appeal ...
Re: Yerima Interview Will Be On ChannelsTV Tomorrow At 9pm by Maxymilliano(m): 9:18pm On Aug 25, 2013
I have 28 children, 3 are married and 2 will be getting married ... They are matured and one will be getting married at 16 by September ... Yerima
Re: Yerima Interview Will Be On ChannelsTV Tomorrow At 9pm by vedaxcool(m): 9:18pm On Aug 25, 2013
Nigerians should learn to argue on logics rather than emotion, the issue remains what is standard practice and what should we use to determine the minimum age?

this man is just too smart he said;

The CAN nigga is planning a demonstration against me and he is also is against gays, the gay people could simply accuse him of using religious sentiments to mobilize against them? So those accusing him of using religious sentiments should know he is no different from the CAN president!
Re: Yerima Interview Will Be On ChannelsTV Tomorrow At 9pm by Nobody: 9:25pm On Aug 25, 2013
Let me ask a question.

If I am a 28-year old lady, extremely tiny, with the physical appearance of a little child (and there are plenty of such ladies) does Sani Yerima consider me ripe for marriage, or not?

1 Like

Re: Yerima Interview Will Be On ChannelsTV Tomorrow At 9pm by vedaxcool(m): 9:25pm On Aug 25, 2013
This woman is whining becoz she lost the arguement!
Re: Yerima Interview Will Be On ChannelsTV Tomorrow At 9pm by vedaxcool(m): 9:27pm On Aug 25, 2013
HNosegbe: Let me ask a question.

If I am a 28-year old lady, extremely tiny, with the physical appearance of a little child (and there are plenty of such ladies) does Sani Yerima consider me ripe for marriage, or not?

Which kain question be this? Ok are you matured and attained puberty? If so then yes u are ripe for marriage, . . .
Re: Yerima Interview Will Be On ChannelsTV Tomorrow At 9pm by drawclose: 9:28pm On Aug 25, 2013
I suspect this interview was arranged by Yerima to promote his views and agenda on underage marriage. The woman is just not the right person to interview this Yerima of guy, he is just to intelligent for d woman. He dominated d interview. I wish it was Chambalian and co that interview dis dude. The guy for hear wehmmmm. Church don close interview is over. Rubbish!
Re: Yerima Interview Will Be On ChannelsTV Tomorrow At 9pm by Nobody: 9:33pm On Aug 25, 2013
vedaxcool:

Which kain question be this? Ok are you matured and attained puberty? If so then yes u are ripe for marriage, . . .

What is this one saying?

Let's rewind, for serious-minded folks:

HNosegbe: Let me ask a question.

Re: Yerima Interview Will Be On ChannelsTV Tomorrow At 9pm by ecolime(m): 9:34pm On Aug 25, 2013
I'm so disappointed at the interviewer. She's not just it at all. Yerima floored her hands down. However, that doesn't mean any right thinking person should see nothing wrong in child marraige.
Re: Yerima Interview Will Be On ChannelsTV Tomorrow At 9pm by vedaxcool(m): 9:35pm On Aug 25, 2013
grin grin lol some people no just well!
Re: Yerima Interview Will Be On ChannelsTV Tomorrow At 9pm by Samdul: 9:41pm On Aug 25, 2013
ecolime: I'm so dissapointed at the interviewer. She's not just it at all. Yerima floored her hands down. However, that doesn't mean any right thinking person should see nothing wrong in child marraige.

This guy will convince anybody interviewing him because he is on the part of truth and he knw his onions.u guys were waiting for him to be disgraced as d "my oga @ d top"guy? yerima has always truimph in situation like this.............weldone namiji!
Re: Yerima Interview Will Be On ChannelsTV Tomorrow At 9pm by ecolime(m): 9:55pm On Aug 25, 2013
Samdul:

This guy will convince anybody interviewing him because he is on the part of truth and he knw his onions.u guys were waiting for him to be disgraced as d "my oga @ d top"guy? yerima has always truimph in situation like this.............weldone namiji!
I never knew the guy was this smart until this night. I guess he's using his own smartness negatively.
By the way, what do you mean by he's on the side of the truth? Are you saying child marraige is morally right?
Re: Yerima Interview Will Be On ChannelsTV Tomorrow At 9pm by Nobody: 12:09am On Aug 26, 2013
ecolime:
I never knew the guy was this smart until this night. I guess he's using his own smartness negatively.
By the way, what do you mean by he's on the side of the truth? Are you saying child marraige is morally right?
Yes he is on the right side of the argument. because a 16 year old girl that has started menstruating has attained puberty therefore she is no more a teenager, she is matured and ripe for marriage. Its only secularist that can assign age for puberty.
Re: Yerima Interview Will Be On ChannelsTV Tomorrow At 9pm by Samdul: 6:14am On Aug 26, 2013
babagy82:
Yes he is on the right side of the argument. because a 16 year old girl that has started menstruating has attained puberty therefore she is no more a teenager, she is matured and ripe for marriage. Its only secularist that can assign age for puberty.

but nigeria recognizes islam,xtianity,and traditional religion,so how did nigeria bcom a secular state,when most of our laws reflects morality from d holy books
Re: Yerima Interview Will Be On ChannelsTV Tomorrow At 9pm by cannonnier(m): 9:12am On Aug 26, 2013
Samdul:

but nigeria recognizes islam,xtianity,and traditional religion,so how did nigeria bcom a secular state,when most of our laws reflects morality from d holy books
true! our constitution recognise religion even traditional one. so yarima is fighting for our right as muslims. those people shouting, they either don't know what they are unto, or they are being paid todo so.
Re: Yerima Interview Will Be On ChannelsTV Tomorrow At 9pm by Nobody: 10:58am On Aug 26, 2013
cannonnier:
true! our constitution recognise religion even traditional one. so yarima is fighting for our right as muslims. those people shouting, they either don't know what they are unto, or they are being paid todo so.
This thing is not even worth arguing about, besides even if 10 million teenage girls are married who will even know talkless of taking any action about it?? Nigerians (southerners in particular) like to make noise about things that doesnt even. Concern them.

1 Like

Re: Yerima Interview Will Be On ChannelsTV Tomorrow At 9pm by omenka(m): 12:46pm On Aug 26, 2013
babagy82: I hate u people (christians) because of your hatred to islam. If a christian man marries a 16year old girl u'll say nothing. But if a muslim marries a gairl of that same age u'll call him pedophile. Whats rong with u?? Underage marriage is our right as muslims and nobody will force u todo it. I myself cant marry underage girl for some reason but doesnt mean i cant give out my underage girl out for marriage if she's ok with it. Why cant you ppl leave us alone?? Christians are hypocrites of the first order. If a muslim marries underage girl, prophet muhammad marries an underaged girl, yes he did. But everyone has forgotten his first wife was a 45year old widow when he was just 25 years old. We are asked to emulate the prophet thats why watever he did serve as a teaching to us. The way he married both a widow and underage aisha is simply telling us you can marry both underage and overage girl and nothing is wrong about that provided its not a forced marriage, and also marriage itself is not compulsory talkless of marrying a teenage girl. Even among muslims is not every muslim dat like marrying teenage girls, then why is it your problem xstians?? Why

The logic of your arguement is totally flawed!! Check out this analogy: you were traveling, came across an accident victim, stoped and helped the said victim to the hospital thereby saving their life. Then, while exiting the medical facility, along the road, you saw a pedestrian, delibrately run him over, killin him! You go before a court and your defence is: since I saved a life, I have the right to take one as well!! Now, how does that sound to you

And for you to say u wld give out your underaged daughter "if she's ok with it"!!... Bro are you kidding me At 13, what would a gurl child know about what grown adults still find complicated

If indeed this is your mindset, I'd urge you to have a change of heart. And let me ask: can you look your kid in the eyes and tell her these words?
Re: Yerima Interview Will Be On ChannelsTV Tomorrow At 9pm by omenka(m): 12:49pm On Aug 26, 2013
babagy82: I hate u people (christians) because of your hatred to islam. If a christian man marries a 16year old girl u'll say nothing. But if a muslim marries a gairl of that same age u'll call him pedophile. Whats rong with u?? Underage marriage is our right as muslims and nobody will force u todo it. I myself cant marry underage girl for some reason but doesnt mean i cant give out my underage girl out for marriage if she's ok with it. Why cant you ppl leave us alone?? Christians are hypocrites of the first order. If a muslim marries underage girl, prophet muhammad marries an underaged girl, yes he did. But everyone has forgotten his first wife was a 45year old widow when he was just 25 years old. We are asked to emulate the prophet thats why watever he did serve as a teaching to us. The way he married both a widow and underage aisha is simply telling us you can marry both underage and overage girl and nothing is wrong about that provided its not a forced marriage, and also marriage itself is not compulsory talkless of marrying a teenage girl. Even among muslims is not every muslim dat like marrying teenage girls, then why is it your problem xstians?? Why

The logic of your arguement is totally flawed!! That one was traveling, came acroos an accident victim, stoped and helped the said victim to the hospital thereby saving their life doesn't give him the right to delibrately run into a pedestrian killing them!

And for you to say u wld give out your underaged daughter "if she's ok with it"... Bro are you kidding me At 13, what would a gurl child know about what grown adults still find complicated

If indeed this is your mindset, I'd urge you to have a change of heart. And let me ask: can you look your kid in the eyes and tell her these words?
Re: Yerima Interview Will Be On ChannelsTV Tomorrow At 9pm by cannonnier(m): 4:28pm On Aug 26, 2013
omenka:

The logic of your arguement is totally flawed!! That one was traveling, came acroos an accident victim, stoped and helped the said victim to the hospital thereby saving their life doesn't give him the right to delibrately run into a pedestrian killing them!
What is dis1 saying
Re: Yerima Interview Will Be On ChannelsTV Tomorrow At 9pm by uzoo: 11:41am On Aug 28, 2013
dimples*:
kiss

OMG!!!!!! you are sooo on point!! The picture says it all.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Jimi Agbaje Turns 58 Today. / Minimum Wage: Governors To Convene Emergency Meeting Today / Court Reinstate Obio/akpor Council Chairman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.