Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,862 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:32 PM

"I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian - Travel (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian (56882 Views)

Trailers Crash And Burn Along Oyo-Ogbomosho Expressway (photos) / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here / Is Nigeria A Visa-free Country To Gambia With My Nigerian Ecowas Passport? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by zerocool(m): 10:58pm On Aug 24, 2013
duabba: SMH... What if she never becomes a Canadian?!

Can't you read and comprehend simple English - "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian".
Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by Vansnickers: 11:01pm On Aug 24, 2013
glitest:

I'd tell you why......In the United States unlike Nigeria, your success is based on hardwork and rearly connections....One is guaranteed a job as long as you work hard at getting it....This can't be said in Nigeria.....Only in Nigeria You'll see a Medical Dr driving motor cycle, why an ldiot with a degree in Sociology gets to work at an oil company.

In the U.S.A you can be anything you want to be if you're willing to work hard . That's not the case in Nigeria, success in Nigeria is 100% dependent on connections and greasing the palms of officials.

1 Like

Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by Nobody: 11:02pm On Aug 24, 2013
Sagamite:

You are fucktards!

You are cretinous fucktards!

Products of a failed education system. No wonder you have leaders that are so comfortable shitting on you and you consume it and scream "Fresh Air".

You can call the filthy pit-latrine you leave in home if you like but many sane people in life actually like to leave in salubrious mansions and take no pride in a pit latrine being their residence.

As for the issue, I have always advocated never blaming the system. Find one individual to put the opprobrium on.

In this case the person called Ojo Maduekwe is the cretin running the Nigerian Embassy in Canada. This is the cretin that should be mentioned instead of blaming some intangible, chimerical system and watch no one take responsibility because no one is "The System".

This is the same buffoon that was a former Foreign Minister, only to accept a non-strategic ambassadorship where he would be reporting to the new Foreign Minister. Desperate, hungry and incompetent cretins running a lunatic country led by a dumb Silverback Gorilla who is controlled by his pot-bellied, illiterate umblerra wife.

What makes me laugh the most is the profile they put on the Embassy's website about Ojo Maduekwe:

"He comes to represent Nigeria in Canada with a wealth of experience and contacts."

www.nigeriahcottawa.ca/nhc2/index.php/en/

Did they mean the shyt experience a vast majority of Nigerian leaders claim?

I am happy this issue is being picked by a foreign broadcaster because only international shame makes the person leaders like Jonathan (Yes, name them, not point to a system) respond.

But fucktards like Justosaus and bad meat deserve the leaders they have.

Beni!!
Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by Litmus: 11:10pm On Aug 24, 2013
With a threat like that she may be jeopardizing her chance of becoming a Canadian citizen. Westerners are not as sentimental as Africans. They are not going to congratulate her for what she said or reward her with citizenship, instead they are more likely to think that she would also burn a Canadian passport if things didn't go well for her in Canada.

It reminds me of the Afghans who, seeking to put pressure on Australia to offer them asylum, threatened to toss their children overboard into the sea. The Australians responded by saying that they were not going to offer asylum to humans wicked enough to murder their own children.

Nobody trusts a traitor.

1 Like

Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by zerocool(m): 11:10pm On Aug 24, 2013
Lol. I am very sure most of the people who even commented on this topic didn't watch that video. Nigeria oh Nigeria!!

1 Like

Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by genialjp: 11:11pm On Aug 24, 2013
Justosaus: she's not ok upstairs. No matter where one goes in this world, home remains home.
she is very okay, whats the benefit of being a nigerian?

3 Likes

Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by Omotolaaraujo(f): 11:15pm On Aug 24, 2013
There are plenty of people who are desperate to leave and don't care if they ever go back. Once people see how the rest of the world lives, they want out of Africa.

1 Like

Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by Litmus: 11:15pm On Aug 24, 2013
genialjp:
she is very okay, whats the benefit of being a nigerian?

the benefit of being a Nigerian is not being from another crappy African nation and a couple of Asian ones.
Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by Nobody: 11:16pm On Aug 24, 2013
Litmus:

the benefit of being a Nigerians is not being from another crappy African nation
I love how u said another. wink
Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by Litmus: 11:20pm On Aug 24, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: I love how u said another. wink

so you dey here too; hmm, i wonder how many respondents were truly Nigerians.
Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by Bimpss(f): 11:22pm On Aug 24, 2013
Litmus:

the benefit of being a Nigerian is not being from another crappy African nation and a couple of Asian ones.

That's the only benefit??!?? -BURNS PASSPORT-

@Topic, I can feel the woman's pain.. Them Nigerian embassies are like Hell Holes.... So disorganized, and unwelcoming. They have definately brought that Corrupt Nigerian Mentality abroad. Shameful really.
Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by Nobody: 11:24pm On Aug 24, 2013
Litmus:

actually none, they were all Chadians, Nigeriens, Beninese, Togolese , even the "Happuns" guy . happy now?
Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by Nobody: 11:27pm On Aug 24, 2013
Litmus:

it was a set up by the French government to discredit Nigerian officials and portray Nigerians as unpatriotic in order to destabilize Nigeria
Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by Litmus: 11:28pm On Aug 24, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: actually none, they were all Chadians, Nigeriens, Beninese, Togolese , even the "Happuns" guy . happy now?

You forgot to add Cameroonian grin grin

1 Like

Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by IYANGBALI: 11:34pm On Aug 24, 2013
Van snickers:

"Develop our country "? How?! How?! How?! You want us to stay in Nigeria, yet there so many Nigerian youths sitting at home, most have no jobs. What then do you want the Nigerians in diaspora to come home and do? You want us to come and join you Abi? I know your type.
no mind am na pretend him dey pretend

1 Like

Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by richeyy(m): 11:49pm On Aug 24, 2013
Very unprofessional and totally unacceptable! What's it gonna cost to put up a notice on their website saying the office will be closed for some days? undecided undecided Nothing!

1 Like

Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by Nobody: 12:18am On Aug 25, 2013
Nigerian embassy na toilet o. When you reach there it stinks, the staff are hungry, dirty, uncouth, and irritating. Why don't the FG employ the best graduates to work in such places?

Why bring dirty idiots and the rest eh? Even Haiti embassy is more organised

3 Likes

Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by Nobody: 12:35am On Aug 25, 2013
Personally, I don't blame that girl for saying what she did, I'd probably have said worse in similar circumstances.

Let's be honest, Nigeria's a mess. The same Customer Service attitude the average Nigerian worker has in Nigeria is transported cross continent. Rude, obnoxious, indifferent. The Nigerian High Commission in London is just as bad.

Forget about that false sense of patriotism - Nigeria sucks! And until we can admit that, Nigeria will never get better. A country where nothing works.

Is it any wonder that poor girl was so frustrated? She'd be more than justified if she reduced her Nigerian passport to a pile of ashes!

5 Likes

Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by nebeolis: 1:19am On Aug 25, 2013
hahahaha am sorry for the poor girl, but that what te igbo's have been swiming for so long may be it's not business as it was before every thing has to be in normal procedior they all have to follow the normal way, like in cina if you are an igbo and near the embassy come andse questions ,who are you wee do you co fromare you sure you are a nigerian ,why do you want to go. did they will tell you i know you are one of this drug traficker or what did you commite ,but the igbo guy will stay there and you will see other tribe going in and comming out so that is nigeria for you some are subject tonone nigeian why some are onto
Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by Vansnickers: 1:22am On Aug 25, 2013
nebeolis: hahahaha am sorry for the poor girl, but that what te igbo's have been swiming for so long may be it's not business as it was before every thing has to be in normal procedior they all have to follow the normal way, like in cina if you are an igbo and near the embassy come andse questions ,who are you wee do you co fromare you sure you are a nigerian ,why do you want to go. did they will tell you i know you are one of this drug traficker or what did you commite ,but the igbo guy will stay there and you will see other tribe going in and comming out so that is nigeria for you some are subject tonone nigeian why some are onto

Am i the only one that could not decrypt this?

1 Like

Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by KayDee4: 1:30am On Aug 25, 2013
^^^ You're not alone. grin grin grin
got my brain confuzzled for a mo' undecided undecided undecided

2 Likes

Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by Jhulyan(m): 1:37am On Aug 25, 2013
bad meat: The girl na mumu,
from ur comment, it shows u ain't educated...get into peoples shoes before u start talking trash...that girl spent $300 just to get to the commission while her Dad in Nigeria doesn't even earn up to that...she's angry cus the treatment ain't fair...get a life douche bag n stop disgracing ur family.

2 Likes

Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by Nobody: 2:20am On Aug 25, 2013
I cried after watching the girl, I could relate to how frustrated she was.
Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by Nobody: 2:21am On Aug 25, 2013
Jhulyan: from ur comment, it shows u ain't educated...get into peoples shoes before u start talking trash...that girl spent $300 just to get to the commission while her Dad in Nigeria doesn't even earn up to that...she's angry cus the treatment ain't fair...get a life douche bag n stop disgracing ur family.
the e-goat is surfing with his cell phone, he did not watch the video.

1 Like

Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by EreluY(f): 3:06am On Aug 25, 2013
Nigerian High Commission Staff members are the same the world over. Dress up monkeys with the most expensive clothing and jewelries in this world, they are still ANIMALS and would eternally behave like subhumans--that's precisely what Nigerian High Commission Officers are.

The last time I was at the Nigerian High Commission Office in London, a lady flew in from Belfast wanting a new passport because only few pages were left unused on her existing passport. She was denied this request and asked to come back when all the pages had been used up. Needless to say she was alarmed and rained abuses and curses upon them. It's a PAIN being a Nigerian in 21st century CE.

2 Likes

Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by EreluY(f): 3:12am On Aug 25, 2013
mascot87: Nigeria is a failed country,if I get out of this foolish country,I wouldn't step back here again because [size=14pt]Nigeria is a dream killer[/size].

[size=18pt] the bolded and coloured = SO TRUE.[/size]

2 Likes

Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by LeJeun3: 3:24am On Aug 25, 2013
. Most of the people dissing that girl either didn't watch the video or they have never left the shores of this nation. Our consular services see way beyond terrible........... put yourself in the lady's shoes! See is visibly not as well to do as the Guy from Calgary. It hurts........ cry
Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by TahirNoni: 4:03am On Aug 25, 2013
angry[color=#000099][/color]...will Nigeria change Her name if u leave? or will Canada add ur na to Hers(omo_ode) shocked
Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by musiwa1f: 4:42am On Aug 25, 2013
you people joke about it, but it was shown around the world in several countries on television
Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by lokzie: 4:45am On Aug 25, 2013
Just so the picture is clearer, flying from Calgary to Toronto takes about 3hrs 30 mins. By train it will take you 2days,10hrs and 22mins (No go slow oo)and to Ottawa will definitely take longer. CAD1,000 is approximately N160,000 and the distance is farther than twice that between any two points in Nigeria so when you pay all that money and probably sacrifice wages for being out of office, it isn't really a pleasant situation to be in seeing it's all for nothing. When I become Canadian, I will not burn my Nigerian passport but i'm not sure who would enjoy going through the process.
How many people get their passports seamless even in Nigeria? We need to channel this energy to correcting the issues with Nigerian Embassies and Nigeria as a whole. I'd be going to the same embassy in November to renew my passport, I hope things will be positively different then.

1 Like

Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by isaiahethan: 4:46am On Aug 25, 2013
Justosaus: she's not ok upstairs. No matter where one goes in this world, home remains home.

Dude,wish you have experience our bloody high commission abroad you will change your comment

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

HMM Algeciras, World's Largest Container Ship With 24,000 Capacity(Photos) / Nigerian Lady Compares Cost Of Living In Nigeria And The U.S. / Python Killed At Flooded Lagoon Estate, Ogudu Orioke In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.