Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,695 members, 7,820,428 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:36 PM

The Story Of A Thief Now Turned Pastor - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Story Of A Thief Now Turned Pastor (23601 Views)

Shina Rambo, Notorious Armed Robber Turned Pastor, Hosts Crusade (photos) / Hardened Criminal Turned Pastor. Must Read / Femi Aribisala: Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Story Of A Thief Now Turned Pastor by Bright2(m): 1:13pm On Aug 25, 2013
Praise God, to God be the glory!
Re: The Story Of A Thief Now Turned Pastor by hypergig(m): 1:15pm On Aug 25, 2013
U grew up on d street nd u b welder nd ur english sound like dis,,nd they they check body wella before it's carried away from d shooting spot...so?
Re: The Story Of A Thief Now Turned Pastor by Concept(m): 1:20pm On Aug 25, 2013
Tales by moonlight, not a good write up, full of loop holes.
Re: The Story Of A Thief Now Turned Pastor by playahP(m): 1:20pm On Aug 25, 2013
This is a work of fiction!
Can't you all see Or use that ur small brain atleast!!!

Whoever wrote this must be loving the fact that there are lots of semi-literate folks on nairaland.
Re: The Story Of A Thief Now Turned Pastor by bonna4u(m): 1:26pm On Aug 25, 2013
favouryemmy:

But that's not true. Apostle Paul was a killer before God changed him forever and he never went back. This is a changed man. I pray thathis testimony will bring millions to Christ in Jesus name, Amen.
Nobody is doubting the possibility of an evil man embracing good. Definitely, apostle Paul didn't ever use a gun to kill any of his victims. If he had, folks here and all over the world would have related to the Apostle Paul's story exactly as they are relating to this fraud.
Re: The Story Of A Thief Now Turned Pastor by bobokelly(m): 1:27pm On Aug 25, 2013
Story, story, i reserve my comments.
Re: The Story Of A Thief Now Turned Pastor by Nobody: 1:30pm On Aug 25, 2013
So he is continuing to be a thief then?
Re: The Story Of A Thief Now Turned Pastor by Nobody: 1:38pm On Aug 25, 2013
blackberry in what year na wah for the kind lies wey some people dey tell o! Just to get customers abi?
Re: The Story Of A Thief Now Turned Pastor by brixton: 1:42pm On Aug 25, 2013
musKeeto:
Ando one thief blesses the other thief.. even Jesus was hung with thieves.. Christianity and thieves no be today o... grin grin grin
also, the stolen blackberry part got me thinking when bb first came to use in nigeria and how he spent 6years in jail before the firing squad, went through seminary and now a priest. I dont believe dis story
Re: The Story Of A Thief Now Turned Pastor by chingydaboss(m): 1:53pm On Aug 25, 2013
Nytym a sinner truly repents.... God forgives no matter d weight of his or her sins...

Congrats @ op.. I hop or say in d truth
Re: The Story Of A Thief Now Turned Pastor by Nobody: 1:55pm On Aug 25, 2013
This story must be a lie. You said you started as a young boy, and in your first operation, your leader took possession of a BlackBerry. When did BlackBerry come to Nigeria. You even spent six years after all those activities. Was there BlackBerry then?
Re: The Story Of A Thief Now Turned Pastor by NaijaNaWaa: 2:00pm On Aug 25, 2013
mhozzis: Ones a theif, always a thief
#Don't try to quote or correct me

You snatched off my mouth. Trust this thief at your peril
Re: The Story Of A Thief Now Turned Pastor by Ninilowo(m): 2:08pm On Aug 25, 2013
morzook: When did we all become so daft to not see that this is fiction?

Sentenced to death, shot at a firing squad... aren't doctors stationed at the execution to ascertain if he actually died?

How soon after the firing was he taken to the medical students?

Where did this happen and what year cos I dey see BLACKBERRY so am assuming this occurred in the last decade and to my knowledge, I stand to be corrected, firing squad was used in the military era.

And if a convict fail to die during execution, na to kill him again. Why release this one, without even a court saying so o?

WHY DO WE HAVE TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING with a religious undertone, even the ones that sounds RIDICULOUS as this one?

God help us all...

Black berry............6yrs............firing squad........teaching hospital..............become a pastor.
Re: The Story Of A Thief Now Turned Pastor by mu2sa2: 2:19pm On Aug 25, 2013
l hav read tracts with similar tall tales even as far back as the 70s. Just wondering how falsehood should be the means to evangelize.

2 Likes

Re: The Story Of A Thief Now Turned Pastor by Exponental(m): 2:20pm On Aug 25, 2013
Afam4eva:

I'm not doubting this man's story as there are similar stories that i've heard but i think it's imperative that i highlight something that does not add up.

Pls, when did we start using blackberry phones in Nigeria cos it seems this guy was referring to his childhood or teenage-hood and even if he wasn't. I was able to infer that he stayed 6 years in prison way after they had stolen a blackberry phone and gone into hardcore robbery. I may be wrong though.
Re: The Story Of A Thief Now Turned Pastor by odagu1863: 2:24pm On Aug 25, 2013
Afam4eva:

I'm not doubting this man's story as there are similar stories that i've heard but i think it's imperative that i highlight something that does not add up.

Pls, when did we start using blackberry phones in Nigeria cos it seems this guy was referring to his childhood or teenage-hood and even if he wasn't. I was able to infer that he stayed 6 years in prison way after they had stolen a blackberry phone and gone into hardcore robbery. I may be wrong though.
you
You are very right! Dis story dsnt add up.
Re: The Story Of A Thief Now Turned Pastor by sundaynice(m): 2:27pm On Aug 25, 2013
sunday nice: It does not really matter on how u live ur life on †нε past what matter is how u wish to make heaven
Re: The Story Of A Thief Now Turned Pastor by Nobody: 2:35pm On Aug 25, 2013
[b] You guys are forgetting the vital questions here. The last time I checked, you have to be in the seminary for 18 years before you are ordained! Does it mean the OP was just ordained without training coz am a catholic? Secondly, the op made mention of blackberry. Should we calculate the years when he was still a child and stole the blackberry plus the six years he stayed in prison together with the 18 years he stayed in the seminary, that will take us to around the year 1970 assuming the op is 42 now! Oops. The last time I checked, blackberry came into existence in Nigeria in the year 2008. Finally, I wonder why people swallow things at the first chew without proper query. Thats why I will always advice people to go and read philosophy as a second course even if you are a science student! Reason: PHILOSOPHY MAKES YOU NOT TO TAKE THINGS AT SURFACE LEVEL. IT MAKES YOU ALWAYS ASK THE FIVE BASIC QUESTIONS OF LIFE WHICH ARE; WHAT, WHY, HOW, WHERE AND WHEN! IT MAKES EVERYTHING LOOK DOUBTABLE TO YOU TILL THE POINT THAT YOU CANT DOUBT THAT YOU ARE DOUBTING! I am a proud philosopher. Even at gun point, I cant accept this super duper fictional story. This is probably one of these facebook "AMEN" crews. The only difference is that he didnt tell us to type "amen" if you dont want to experience such! Kai.... Nigerians are so gullible. I am so annoyed right now. This is probably an attempt to tarnish the image of the Catholic church on Nairaland as usual. Every sunday, we keep on seeing anti Catholic threads making front page on Nairaland. But the evils being committed by all these new generational churches like the Oyedepos and Adeboyes are left in the sections! seun! seun!! seun!!! How many times did I call you? Sneezes on thread, wipes my nose on Moderators head, Givea op a hard knock on his beans head and walks out angrily of Nairaland! [/b]

Re: The Story Of A Thief Now Turned Pastor by Nobody: 2:50pm On Aug 25, 2013
Load of rubbish..

Whoever wrote that was never a gangster or robber.i bet the closest he came to being a robber was stealing lumps of meat from his mums pot of soup.

The blackberry phone and the firing squad messed up everything.

He should learn how to tell convincing lies.
Re: The Story Of A Thief Now Turned Pastor by donsmall94(m): 3:04pm On Aug 25, 2013
It is not unto they willeth but by God that show mercies.. ..... touching story.....
Re: The Story Of A Thief Now Turned Pastor by Asabeq(f): 3:11pm On Aug 25, 2013
Don't mind them,superstory to start a religious war.if only they know how many years it takes to be priest..
And when did we start using blackberry in Nigeria?
Rubbish!
exxell: [b] You guys are forgetting the vital questions here. The last time I checked, you have to be in the seminary for 18 years before you are ordained! Does it mean the OP was just ordained without training coz am a catholic? Secondly, the op made mention of blackberry. Should we calculate the years when he was still a child and stole the blackberry plus the six years he stayed in prison together with the 18 years he stayed in the seminary, that will take us to around the year 1970 assuming the op is 42 now! Oops. The last time I checked, blackberry came into existence in Nigeria in the year 2008. Finally, I wonder why people swallow things at the first chew without proper query. Thats why I will always advice people to go and read philosophy as a second course even if you are a science student! Reason: PHILOSOPHY MAKES YOU NOT TO TAKE THINGS AT SURFACE LEVEL. IT MAKES YOU ALWAYS ASK THE FIVE BASIC QUESTIONS OF LIFE WHICH ARE; WHAT, WHY, HOW, WHERE AND WHEN! IT MAKES EVERYTHING LOOK DOUBTABLE TO YOU TILL THE POINT THAT YOU CANT DOUBT THAT YOU ARE DOUBTING! I am a proud philosopher. Even at gun point, I cant accept this super duper fictional story. This is probably one of these facebook "AMEN" crews. The only difference is that he didnt tell us to type "amen" if you dont want to experience such! Kai.... Nigerians are so gullible. I am so annoyed right now. This is probably an attempt to tarnish the image of the Catholic church on Nairaland as usual. Every sunday, we keep on seeing anti Catholic threads making front page on Nairaland. But the evils being committed by all these new generational churches like the Oyedepos and Adeboyes are left in the sections! seun! seun!! seun!!! How many times did I call you? Sneezes on thread, wipes my nose on Moderators head, Givea op a hard knock on his beans head and walks out angrily of Nairaland! [/b]
Re: The Story Of A Thief Now Turned Pastor by joannes7(m): 4:27pm On Aug 25, 2013
no offence but this one nah proper lie!!! tracking of blackberry devices started I'm 2010. that's 3 years ago. how them take come track them down 6 years ago?!! super story.
Re: The Story Of A Thief Now Turned Pastor by Nobody: 4:30pm On Aug 25, 2013
mhozzis: Ones a theif, always a thief
#Don't try to quote or correct me
u and D first commenter are D same. Thank God u ppl Didt say first to comment because it was a waste as satan has made sure u first comment to discourage ppl. Finally proverbs says pound a fool with grian in a mortar yet his fooly will remain with him. If sm1 could have help u nw u refuse. And worst that can happen to man, is to remain as he is.
Re: The Story Of A Thief Now Turned Pastor by Nobody: 4:37pm On Aug 25, 2013
pro01: Someone should give me this animal's real name and address. I will be extremely honoured to put a bullet through his skull. Bloody bàstard. So because you changed from one form of robbery to another, you think your atrocities are automatically forgiven? I bet your victims (or their families, for those you killed) would not agree.

Imagine the audacity sef. Someone needs to soak him with fuel and light a match-stick. Nonsense.
have u ever lied on smbody? Its as eqivalent to murder. Who is without sin. Though i dont wish or mean to quote ppl, i dont knw how to write on niaraland without using quote and which is smones text.
Re: The Story Of A Thief Now Turned Pastor by Wsdm: 5:16pm On Aug 25, 2013
Cooked up story or not, why is it so easy to become a pastor in Nigeria? If a mysterious thing happened to anyone, what you here is he has turned to a pastor. Is it that serving God in the most devoted level must be through the pulpit? Could you people separate money from worship for once! I have not seen anything very serious in most adherents of this religion.
Re: The Story Of A Thief Now Turned Pastor by haykayforreal(m): 5:20pm On Aug 25, 2013
Dont mind d idiot....he graduated 4rm arm robbery to mouth robbery.I believe some mumu go stil dey follow him....
Why be sey thief go talk sey he don repent later turn to pastor,witch go repent turn to prophetess?
Why?
O see fun yin!
Re: The Story Of A Thief Now Turned Pastor by campella(m): 5:35pm On Aug 25, 2013
Afam4eva:

I agreewith you totally, bros.
He is a liar but not good enough.
We all know that judging from what this man said and becoming a 'priest' he is not less than 30

And by the way, what kind of priest,the Roman Catholic or Apostolic, or the 3 months ordained pastors?

AOP, stop deceiving and confusing people.
Re: The Story Of A Thief Now Turned Pastor by Toyex4real(m): 5:45pm On Aug 25, 2013
Hmmmmm, God is great.
Re: The Story Of A Thief Now Turned Pastor by ukpaku: 6:47pm On Aug 25, 2013
nice cook up story,but ordaining a priest after three month nawa oo, who ordain u? Abi na penticosta priest

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Yahaya Aminu Sharif: An Open Letter To CAN By Nnamdi Abana / My View About Jim Iyke's Deliverance. / Is Purgatory In The Bible?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.