Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,840 members, 7,820,924 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:26 AM

The Story Of A Thief Now Turned Pastor - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Story Of A Thief Now Turned Pastor (23608 Views)

Shina Rambo, Notorious Armed Robber Turned Pastor, Hosts Crusade (photos) / Hardened Criminal Turned Pastor. Must Read / Femi Aribisala: Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Story Of A Thief Now Turned Pastor by drake2(m): 6:55pm On Aug 25, 2013
musKeeto:
Ando one thief blesses the other thief.. even Jesus was hung with thieves.. Christianity and thieves no be today o... grin grin grin

lol. u r indeed a "muskeeto "
u sabi bite.
Re: The Story Of A Thief Now Turned Pastor by Xanther: 7:19pm On Aug 25, 2013
Ones a theif, always a thief
Don't try to quote or correct me
u de mad bcas god go fi help thief bcom pastor
Re: The Story Of A Thief Now Turned Pastor by gidjah(m): 8:01pm On Aug 25, 2013
hmm,,..stealing can be spirit - associated, tried putteoff ds garment but can b pretty hard, pray gd lord give me d grace and help us all.am touched by ds tales even though it has sme fables attached.
Re: The Story Of A Thief Now Turned Pastor by Jayjey(m): 9:16pm On Aug 25, 2013
Thank God for your life.
Re: The Story Of A Thief Now Turned Pastor by LobsanRampa(m): 11:45pm On Aug 25, 2013
Park well jor!
Akwai mai sauka.
Re: The Story Of A Thief Now Turned Pastor by usecondom(m): 2:07am On Aug 26, 2013
Afam4eva:

I'm not doubting this man's story as there are similar stories that i've heard but i think it's imperative that i highlight something that does not add up.

Pls, when did we start using blackberry phones in Nigeria cos it seems this guy was referring to his childhood or teenage-hood and even if he wasn't. I was able to infer that he stayed 6 years in prison way after they had stolen a blackberry phone and gone into hardcore robbery. I may be wrong though.
@Afam your head correct.
Re: The Story Of A Thief Now Turned Pastor by usecondom(m): 2:10am On Aug 26, 2013
;DFinally! Finally!! Finally!!. My comment enters nairaland forum, thank God to the constant use of condom.
Re: The Story Of A Thief Now Turned Pastor by dorox(m): 8:56am On Aug 26, 2013
Reading this story failed to inspire any shred of doubt in me about its authenticity, because to doubt implies a level of uncertainty of which i have none.I can't understand how anyone will read this story and still have any doubt about its glaring falsehood let alone actually believing it.
This is a story that is devoid of date and of place and with no named authority. Here are a few questions that should help clear the mind of those still in doubt, and hopefully help anyone gullible enough to believe this story.
He claimed to have been arrested and remanded in prison for six years. When and where (date and place) did it happen?
When and where was the trial held, and who was the sitting judge that passed the sentence?
How can he explain the anachronism of having a blackberry in his story at a time that it wasn't in use in Nigeria?
Re: The Story Of A Thief Now Turned Pastor by 2HASUM(m): 9:06am On Aug 26, 2013
dorox: Reading this story failed to inspire any shred of doubt in me about its authenticity, because to doubt implies a level of uncertainty of which i have none.I can't understand how anyone will read this story and still have any doubt about its glaring falsehood let alone actually believing it.
This is a story that is devoid of date and of place and with no named authority. Here are a few questions that should help clear the mind of those still in doubt, and hopefully help anyone gullible enough to believe this story.
He claimed to have been arrested and remanded in prison for six years. When and where (date and place) did it happen?
When and where was the trial held, and who was the sitting judge that passed the sentence?
How can he explain the anachronism of having a blackberry in his story at a time that it wasn't in use in Nigeria?
If you know how gullible our people have become, you won't bother to explain how inaccurate the story is, robber oh, preacher oh what is the difference ultimate aim is to take what you have and add to theirs.
Re: The Story Of A Thief Now Turned Pastor by Nichobabe(m): 9:47am On Aug 26, 2013
Afam4eva:

I'm not doubting this man's story as there are similar stories that i've heard but i think it's imperative that i highlight something that does not add up.

Pls, when did we start using blackberry phones in Nigeria cos it seems this guy was referring to his childhood or teenage-hood and even if he wasn't. I was able to infer that he stayed 6 years in prison way after they had stolen a blackberry phone and gone into hardcore robbery. I may be wrong though.

The guy is trying his hand on fiction writing. Good attempt but please correct your mistakes and re-write
Re: The Story Of A Thief Now Turned Pastor by realgee88: 10:41am On Aug 26, 2013
May the almight God help us oooooooooh!
Re: The Story Of A Thief Now Turned Pastor by lanretuase: 11:19am On Aug 26, 2013
I have taken my time to read through everyone's reply.we have to be careful of what we say cos by your words you shall be judge.
Re: The Story Of A Thief Now Turned Pastor by mrborntodoit: 11:24am On Aug 26, 2013
jess5: For those who believed this cock and bull stories, here are the questions you should be asking;

1. Why are there no specific dates, especially years? (That way, people can imagine the kind of sentence that were given to criminals in Nigeria, as well as to ascertain whether it was possible for them to snatch a blackberry phone that was traced to them, etc.).
2. When did Blackberry become popular in Nigeria? And also, when was it possible for people to use prepaid phones instead of very expensive contracts in Nigeria?
3. When he ran away from Lagos to Ibadan, how many years did he engage in the uncountable robberies in Ibadan before he was caught?
5. How many years was the case in court before the sentence took place?
7. He said he spent 6 years in Prison before the execution, in which year was he supposedly executed?
8. How come there was no death confirmation after the execution?
9. How is it possible that the doctors did not report this incident to the authorities so he can be executed again or returned to the prison?
10.Does he also mean the doctors have the right to release a dangerous and convicted armed robber to the community without the consent from the right authorities?
11. Does it mean the priest can just take him to work with them without informing the authorities as well?
12. How many years did he work in his church's ministry before he became a priest three months ago?

And also, if you calculate all the years it will take to go through the event he has narrated, you will wonder what a blackberry is doing in the story. Also, all the event that took place after his execution, hmmm, i say, na wa.

FYI Blackberry phones have been in use from the late 90's' as CDMA phones by inter cellular and multi links popularly called not nine not. The reason why he was certified dead might be the miracle he experienced .
Re: The Story Of A Thief Now Turned Pastor by mrborntodoit: 11:32am On Aug 26, 2013
Afam4eva:

Yes , you are wrong thoughgrin'
FYI Blackberry phones have been in use from the late 90's' as CDMA phones by inter cellular and multi links popularly called not nine not. My brother used one serviced by inter cellular btw 98' and 99' .
Re: The Story Of A Thief Now Turned Pastor by TruthFM(m): 1:00pm On Aug 26, 2013
Wait a minute... U claim to have opened fire and killed several people on operation but now u are free to collect peoples hard earned money as tithe.
I am rather speechless.
Re: The Story Of A Thief Now Turned Pastor by nora544: 2:33pm On Aug 26, 2013
The first black Berry come out 1999 in Cananda.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BlackBerry
Re: The Story Of A Thief Now Turned Pastor by kushsy: 7:23pm On Aug 26, 2013
Dzany: they are the same profesion.....one is armed and vicious.........the other is usually calm and eloquent.
God have mercy
Re: The Story Of A Thief Now Turned Pastor by Femlous007: 5:33am On Aug 27, 2013
D storry is not real wen blackberry comes out dat his talkin about six yrs let be wise oooooo cheesy
Re: The Story Of A Thief Now Turned Pastor by Ipheyemmy01(m): 7:16am On Aug 27, 2013
Afam4eva:

you are not wrong guy, that was the first thing that struck my heart when i was reading it. It seems like afabricated story.
Re: The Story Of A Thief Now Turned Pastor by nex(m): 7:34am On Aug 27, 2013
But pastors too are thieves, so this is actually the story of a thief turned a thief in a different genre of operations.
Re: The Story Of A Thief Now Turned Pastor by dorggito1(m): 8:27am On Aug 27, 2013
It is well oo
Re: The Story Of A Thief Now Turned Pastor by MOORCHMOORE(m): 4:02pm On Aug 27, 2013
Praise God

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Yahaya Aminu Sharif: An Open Letter To CAN By Nnamdi Abana / My View About Jim Iyke's Deliverance. / Is Purgatory In The Bible?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.