Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,721 members, 7,816,971 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:40 PM

Definition Of Feminism: What Is Feminism? - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Definition Of Feminism: What Is Feminism? (4912 Views)

Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! / Definition Of A Youth/who Is A Youth In Nigeria? / Is Feminism Un-African and Anti-Human? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Definition Of Feminism: What Is Feminism? by mamaput(f): 7:54pm On Jun 12, 2006
What makes you one.
People call me one but i know am not so tell me what makes you one
Re: Definition Of Feminism: What Is Feminism? by masterplan: 7:57pm On Jun 12, 2006
i think thats a very bad mentality and i would that you change that in good time. it would do you a lot of good. take that from me!!!!!!
Re: Definition Of Feminism: What Is Feminism? by SvS(f): 7:58pm On Jun 12, 2006
ok i dont think ure.but am a feminist cos i dont believe in men ruling.women and men rule
Re: Definition Of Feminism: What Is Feminism? by SvS(f): 7:59pm On Jun 12, 2006
masterplan:

i think thats a very bad mentality and i would that you change that in good time. it would do you a lot of good. take that from me!!!!!!

y do u say that
Re: Definition Of Feminism: What Is Feminism? by SvS(f): 8:00pm On Jun 12, 2006
see guys for years,especially in africa women have been made to subject to men,i rily think thta shud stop and it will.
Re: Definition Of Feminism: What Is Feminism? by mamaput(f): 8:01pm On Jun 12, 2006
what are you doing about It . To stop it.
Re: Definition Of Feminism: What Is Feminism? by SvS(f): 8:02pm On Jun 12, 2006
well obviosly i wont b able to do tht on my own but if more women r standing up 4 themselves the mentality will grow 4rm ther.u get me?
Re: Definition Of Feminism: What Is Feminism? by masterplan: 8:08pm On Jun 12, 2006
c'mon y'all nairalanders. whos 2 do biz online or wotso,
hey y'all niggz in da house cn holla at me on ma mobile +2348053930185 or +2348020752742.
well seems all gonna go deep down into the blue ocean! just watch the titanic ship sink while the island bomb blows off!!!
catch ya fun!!!

masterplan.
Re: Definition Of Feminism: What Is Feminism? by mamaput(f): 8:11pm On Jun 12, 2006
No i do not .
In my whole life i met only one in Nigeria .
She got divorced in the 60s and took back her fathers name adopted a child in the 70s
was a doctor . Wrote alot of journals on medical books fought female circumcision. and rallied alot of women with influence behind her.
Became head of depatment in the hospital were she worked,built a hopsital in her village.
Donated a lot of money to the church .
She made non of her donations public.
Now you tell me what have you done or want to do.
Re: Definition Of Feminism: What Is Feminism? by SvS(f): 8:12pm On Jun 12, 2006
in case dint no am 16,the little i can do is be the mini feminist that i am
Re: Definition Of Feminism: What Is Feminism? by mamaput(f): 8:21pm On Jun 12, 2006
Glad to know you know you are not yet one.
But you can become one.
i Know you are ^16 thats why i asked so much.
Re: Definition Of Feminism: What Is Feminism? by SvS(f): 8:23pm On Jun 12, 2006
yes i will become a big one in the future.wish me luck
Re: Definition Of Feminism: What Is Feminism? by mamaput(f): 8:25pm On Jun 12, 2006
Amen
Re: Definition Of Feminism: What Is Feminism? by SvS(f): 8:26pm On Jun 12, 2006
r u being sarcastic?cos sarcasm is kinda a foreign language to me
Re: Definition Of Feminism: What Is Feminism? by mamaput(f): 8:29pm On Jun 12, 2006
whats sarcastic about an amen.
Am hoping you will become one a good one
Re: Definition Of Feminism: What Is Feminism? by SvS(f): 8:33pm On Jun 12, 2006
ok thanx if u actly mean it.its just dat amen sounds as if u were joking
Re: Definition Of Feminism: What Is Feminism? by mamaput(f): 8:36pm On Jun 12, 2006
No i never joke with religious matters.
Re: Definition Of Feminism: What Is Feminism? by SvS(f): 8:37pm On Jun 12, 2006
ok u seem to very religious
Re: Definition Of Feminism: What Is Feminism? by mamaput(f): 8:38pm On Jun 12, 2006
No not really but i respect all religions.
Re: Definition Of Feminism: What Is Feminism? by SvS(f): 8:39pm On Jun 12, 2006
well am jehovah's witness so watu think?
Re: Definition Of Feminism: What Is Feminism? by mamaput(f): 8:44pm On Jun 12, 2006
I will never have guessed.

What i thing about them?
Jokes apart? Those people that wake me up early in the morning ringing my bell .
They talk too much about God punishing people for what ever.
Some of my friends are also Jehovah and as long as they do not try to convat me every thing is ok.
Re: Definition Of Feminism: What Is Feminism? by SvS(f): 8:46pm On Jun 12, 2006
lol ure funny but i am one of them.we r just tryin to do wat god asked us to do.and that is to preach bout him
Re: Definition Of Feminism: What Is Feminism? by mamaput(f): 8:49pm On Jun 12, 2006
But not when people are still sleeping .
There are people that work late and need to sleep.
There are mothers that did not sleep the whole night because of the baby.
They they just ring the bell and wake everyone up.
Re: Definition Of Feminism: What Is Feminism? by SvS(f): 8:51pm On Jun 12, 2006
sory bout that but thats the only time they can get u at home
Re: Definition Of Feminism: What Is Feminism? by mamaput(f): 8:59pm On Jun 12, 2006
now i know why they do that
i answered the door once almost necked. the man ran away
Re: Definition Of Feminism: What Is Feminism? by SvS(f): 9:03pm On Jun 12, 2006
grin ;Domg lol tht must ave been so embarassing lol
Re: Definition Of Feminism: What Is Feminism? by mamaput(f): 9:07pm On Jun 12, 2006
Not for me grin
Re: Definition Of Feminism: What Is Feminism? by SvS(f): 9:32pm On Jun 12, 2006
yeah a lotta pple say that
Re: Definition Of Feminism: What Is Feminism? by Moukee(m): 11:59pm On Jun 12, 2006
If a feminist could be defined as an advocate of the maxim which says what is good for the goose is good for the gander, then I am an unrepentant feminist. It grieves me to always contemplate the fact that men and women are born free, but everywhere the women are in chains. This situation has become so rampant in africa where it is normal for the women to be seen and not heard; where the men indulge in extramarital affairs while the women are made to swear chastity oaths; where when the husbands travel abroad and start devouring white flesh, the wives are expected to keep on waiting for their return before they can have sex; where when the man dies, it is the woman that is held responsible for the tragedy. In a word, the African situation provides a veritable context for the socio-economic enslavement of women. I have been listening to Fela's "Lady" for a couple of days now and I must confess that I really find that piece of music filled with male chauvinistic ideas. Any woman that is really worth her salt should never listen to that music. We are living in an age of liberation and the womenfolks should strive consciously and subconsciously, with every nerve and sinew to liberate themselves from the shackles of mental slavery by joining the band wagon of the Kpangolo Revolution.
Re: Definition Of Feminism: What Is Feminism? by ToyM28(f): 12:13am On Jun 13, 2006
I just think feminism, is simply women fighting over patriachy in the social system. They do not ve 2 call men chauvinists before they are suddenly slated as feminist, all they have 2 do is oppose 2 any form of patriachy in soceity.

I personally, think all feminist take things 2 far. They yap nd yap about unequality (which is most of the time) that they forget that without men (SOMETIMES), certain things wldnt happen. Patraichy i wld agree is good for a soceity.
Re: Definition Of Feminism: What Is Feminism? by Seun(m): 1:24am On Jun 13, 2006
Feminism is about some women wanting equality and being punished by those women who enjoy the status quo.
Re: Definition Of Feminism: What Is Feminism? by Nia: 4:37am On Jun 13, 2006
Seun:

Feminism is about some women wanting equality and being punished by those women who enjoy the status quo.

LOL. Yes, I agree that some women are their own worst enemy.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

*For Guys Only* : Assess Nairaland Babes Here / Woman Steals Money, Hides In Her Vagina / 2face Accuires Private Jet.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.