Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,759 members, 7,809,925 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:19 PM

Why Dont Nigerian Men Bring Their Wives Abroad? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Dont Nigerian Men Bring Their Wives Abroad? (2157 Views)

When The Pastor Asked Them To Bring Their Problem To Church / Why Dont Nigerian Men Like Crazy And Fun Girls? / Why Dont African American Men And Carribean Men Like 2 Date African Girls? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Dont Nigerian Men Bring Their Wives Abroad? by nalijah07(f): 8:16pm On Jun 10, 2008
PLEASE don't attack me for generalizing, but most of the Nigerian men I've met have wives back home, yet they have been in the states for years.

Whenever I've asked them about meeting their wives, or when she will be joining them they are very adamant that they do not want their wives to come to the US, and that the US is not a place for them. Can you help me understand?
Re: Why Dont Nigerian Men Bring Their Wives Abroad? by Nobody: 8:17pm On Jun 10, 2008
So they can Bleep another woman in peace!
Re: Why Dont Nigerian Men Bring Their Wives Abroad? by Nobody: 8:18pm On Jun 10, 2008
cool
Re: Why Dont Nigerian Men Bring Their Wives Abroad? by tope2000(f): 8:19pm On Jun 10, 2008
michelin89:

So they can Bleep another woman in peace!

grin grin grin
Re: Why Dont Nigerian Men Bring Their Wives Abroad? by debosky(m): 8:24pm On Jun 10, 2008
Many reasons - some cannot afford to have their wives and kids in the US, some don't want to uproot their family and have them living in a foreign country, but would rather the family have a stable base at home in Nigeria.

Another reason is, many of them have tried and been denied by immigration authorities due to reasons like insufficient finances, or some fraudulent information they may have filled in their initial visa applications. Some of them may not even have legal status in the US and so cannot invite anyone to come stay with them.

I believe you have only met a FEW men with this warped thinking, or they are saying that to cover up some other problems which they may not want to share with you.

it should also be said that some of them will not bring their wives so they can be freely promiscuous in the US, but those would be in the minority in my view.
Re: Why Dont Nigerian Men Bring Their Wives Abroad? by LASIEFAIRE(m): 8:25pm On Jun 10, 2008
debosky link=topic=141192.msg2357163#msg2357163 date=1213125850:

Many reasons - some cannot afford to have their wives and kids in the US, some don't want to uproot their family and have them living in a foreign country, but would rather the family have a stable base at home in Nigeria.

Another reason is, many of them have tried and been denied by immigration authorities due to reasons like insufficient finances, or some fraudulent information they may have filled in their initial visa applications. Some of them may not even have legal status in the US and so cannot invite anyone to come stay with them.

I believe you have only met a FEW men with this warped thinking, or they are saying that to cover up some other problems which they may not want to share with you.

it should also be said that some of them will not bring their wives so they can be freely promiscuous in the US, but those would be in the minority in my view.

Gbam
Re: Why Dont Nigerian Men Bring Their Wives Abroad? by eldee(m): 8:25pm On Jun 10, 2008
nalijah07:

PLEASE don't attack me for generalizing, but most of the Nigerian men I've met have wives back home, yet they have been in the states for years.

Whenever I've asked them about meeting their wives, or when she will be joining them they are very adamant that they do not want their wives to come to the US, and that the US is not a place for them. Can you help me understand?
1) It could be expensive to live as a family in the UK/US

2) The US does not want new families, they want more workers not settlers, so procuring visas might be difficult

3)And Most important, coming abroad is educative. . .Women get exposed to the outside world, they start hearing bout Hollywood divorces
Give her an inch, she'll take a mile, why don't you leave her with the constant fact that she's Nigerian, and she's not American
Re: Why Dont Nigerian Men Bring Their Wives Abroad? by amberella: 8:26pm On Jun 10, 2008
@eldee

god forbide your wife would become educated!
Re: Why Dont Nigerian Men Bring Their Wives Abroad? by Nobody: 8:27pm On Jun 10, 2008
eldee:

1) It could be expensive to live as a family in the UK/US

2) The US does not want new families, they want more workers not settlers, so procuring visas might be difficult

3)And Most important, coming abroad is educative. . .Women get exposed to the outside world, they start hearing bout Hollywood divorces
Give her an inch, she'll take a mile, why don't you leave her with the constant fact that she's Nigerian, and she's not American

Blame it on the westerns as usual. Losers!
Re: Why Dont Nigerian Men Bring Their Wives Abroad? by Uche2nna(m): 8:28pm On Jun 10, 2008
michelin89:

LMAO!!!
Re: Why Dont Nigerian Men Bring Their Wives Abroad? by eldee(m): 8:29pm On Jun 10, 2008
@debo
Great minds think alike grin
Was still typing it when you used your 500wpm to beat me to it angry

@amber
First of all, I'm speaking for the already married men, not moi
As Debo said, those are the ones with backward thinking

I won't even marry a NIN
It's better for me to marry sumone here already
The devil you know, is better than the devil you don't know cheesy
Re: Why Dont Nigerian Men Bring Their Wives Abroad? by nalijah07(f): 8:30pm On Jun 10, 2008
@debosky - I believe you have only met a FEW men with this warped thinking, or they are saying that to cover up some other problems which they may not want to share with you.

That is why I go no further with the conversation, I don't want to appear too nosey.

They actually do have their papers (dual citizenship) which is why I was so curious.
Re: Why Dont Nigerian Men Bring Their Wives Abroad? by amberella: 8:33pm On Jun 10, 2008
Several of my classmate in graduate school were Nigerians or Ghanians with wives back home. They all had girlfriends, friends with benefits, and even got other women pregnant.

So I agree that for most of them, it's because they want to have the benefits of married life combined with the freedom to hump everything they see.
Re: Why Dont Nigerian Men Bring Their Wives Abroad? by eldee(m): 8:35pm On Jun 10, 2008
michelin89:

I'll try my best not to mistake your ignorance for stupidity
Re: Why Dont Nigerian Men Bring Their Wives Abroad? by Uche2nna(m): 8:37pm On Jun 10, 2008
I need to see a fight on NL to cheer me up. I am having a bad day.

eLDee and Michelin? undecided I will pay grin
Re: Why Dont Nigerian Men Bring Their Wives Abroad? by Nobody: 8:38pm On Jun 10, 2008
eldee:

I'll try my best not to mistake your ignorance for stupidity

Sorry dude you won't get me. You are just displaying your ignorance. An educated woman whether she lives abroad or home doesn't need Hollywood to know what's going on the in the world. Nor be Naija those girls who nor dey wear pant dey stay? Abi they had to come all the way to America to see that Paris and Co. move around naked?

Make you close that your mouth when what you are about to say can cause what you can't handle. Talk of stupidity. Shiorrrr!
Re: Why Dont Nigerian Men Bring Their Wives Abroad? by Nobody: 8:40pm On Jun 10, 2008
michelin and eldee na wetin?will u guys pls allow me have a min rest on dis forum,wats with all dis cat fights angry angry
Re: Why Dont Nigerian Men Bring Their Wives Abroad? by ikamefa(f): 8:41pm On Jun 10, 2008
Uche2nna:

I need to see a fight on Nairaland to cheer me up. I am having a bad day.

eLDee and Michelin? undecided I will pay grin

instigator! " grin "

@ topic
amber_ella:

Several of my classmate in graduate school were Nigerians or Ghanians with wives back home. They all had girlfriends, friends with benefits, and even got other women pregnant.

So I agree that for most of them, it's because they want to have the benefits of married life combined with the freedom to hump everything they see.

double gbosa! jare! cheesy
Re: Why Dont Nigerian Men Bring Their Wives Abroad? by RThESlyR: 8:42pm On Jun 10, 2008

Spot on!!!!!!!
Re: Why Dont Nigerian Men Bring Their Wives Abroad? by Nobody: 8:43pm On Jun 10, 2008
jennykadry:

michelin and eldee na wetin?will u guys please allow me have a min rest on this forum,wats with all this cat fights angry angry

This Eldee is a fool with capital letters. That type of fool nor dey realize say na he dey foolish but he go dey talk say na other people nor know. I agree with relativity but sometimes we have to be objective. Make he stick to his music section. Afterall, na there he dey since wey I nor know he dey exist sef!
Re: Why Dont Nigerian Men Bring Their Wives Abroad? by Uche2nna(m): 8:43pm On Jun 10, 2008
amber_ella:

I suggest U read debosky's post. That is the truth, lady
Re: Why Dont Nigerian Men Bring Their Wives Abroad? by Uche2nna(m): 8:44pm On Jun 10, 2008
@ Ika

Abi U wan fight? grin

I know this guy, he would be perfffffuuuct!! tongue
Re: Why Dont Nigerian Men Bring Their Wives Abroad? by amberella: 8:45pm On Jun 10, 2008
I have yet to meet an African with a wife back home who isn't running around screwing everything that moves.

But my sample size is small so I admit this is not a scientific survey.
Re: Why Dont Nigerian Men Bring Their Wives Abroad? by debosky(m): 8:46pm On Jun 10, 2008
amber_ella:

So based on your experience in ONE graduate school in Canada with at most 50 Nigerians/Ghanaians, you draw a conclusion that MOST of them want to hump whatever they see as the reason they refuse to bring their wives?

I'm a little worried about what you learned in that graduate school of yours for you to think its right to make blanket condemnations based on a tiny unrepresentative sample you've had. Really sad.
Re: Why Dont Nigerian Men Bring Their Wives Abroad? by ikamefa(f): 8:47pm On Jun 10, 2008
Uche2nna:

@ Ika

Abi You wan fight? grin

I know this guy, he would be perfffffuuuct!! tongue

moi? shocked fight? grin

water nor get enemy oh! and i be water cheesy
Re: Why Dont Nigerian Men Bring Their Wives Abroad? by Uche2nna(m): 8:49pm On Jun 10, 2008
amber_ella:

I have yet to meet an African with a wife back home who isn't running around screwing everything that moves.

But my sample size is small so I admit this is not a scientific survey.

Sample size is very small? U think?

Anyways, the African men might be doing all that. That is mostly as a result of leaving thier wife at home and not neccessarily the reason for leaving thier wives at home. Cause and effect, amber
Re: Why Dont Nigerian Men Bring Their Wives Abroad? by Nobody: 8:49pm On Jun 10, 2008
michelin and eldee we want peace here,so u guys should reconcile ,make sex love and drop all dis kiss kiss michelin honey drop am abegiiii,come e be like say u no know say eldee na my 2nd hubby,u be my person and una dey quarell angry angry
Re: Why Dont Nigerian Men Bring Their Wives Abroad? by Uche2nna(m): 8:51pm On Jun 10, 2008
@ Jenny

Why are U hell bent on evaporating my only chances of seeing a fight this afternoon angry

Abi U wan fight?
Re: Why Dont Nigerian Men Bring Their Wives Abroad? by eldee(m): 8:51pm On Jun 10, 2008
michelin89:

Sorry dude you won't get me. You are just displaying your ignorance. An educated woman whether she lives abroad or home doesn't need Hollywood to know what's going on the in the world. Nor be Naija those girls who nor dey wear pant dey stay? Abi they had to come all the way to America to see that Paris and Co. move around naked?

Make you close that your mouth when what you are about to say can cause what you can't handle. Talk of stupidity. Shiorrrr!
First of all, I've told you before, I cannot be brought down to the level of slugging out words with you
The whole of Nairaland knows who the fool is, so I'll just skip that. . .

But thank goodness you actually made a point here, maybe you need to understand that there's a difference between education and exposure.
Re: Why Dont Nigerian Men Bring Their Wives Abroad? by amberella: 8:51pm On Jun 10, 2008
due to the fact that I ended up marrying one of those African classmates of mine, I then became exposed to pretty much every Nigerian or Ghanian at the school, and many outside the school (you know how it is - small world).

I admit that my sample size isn't large enough to make statistical inference.  But it's large enough for me to have formed an opinion.

Perhaps it wasn't the reason they left in the first place, but it's certainly the reason they're in no hurry to reunite!
Re: Why Dont Nigerian Men Bring Their Wives Abroad? by RThESlyR: 8:53pm On Jun 10, 2008
Uche2nna:

@ Jenny

Why are You hell bent on evaporating my only chances of seeing a fight this afternoon angry

Abi You wan fight?
ABi ooo. . .help me ask am oo angry sad
Re: Why Dont Nigerian Men Bring Their Wives Abroad? by nalijah07(f): 8:53pm On Jun 10, 2008

This puzzles me because they hustle (almost struggle) to send money home, as well as pay their bills here. Why not make it easier by just bringing the wife over and spend money on one household.

(1) (2) (Reply)

True Love Is Unbreakable / An Unforgetable Experience About My Lover / Gurls Dat R Not Gudlooking

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.