Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,161 members, 7,867,377 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 02:52 PM

The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) - Religion (153) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) (564434 Views)

The Satanic Chatbox. Everybody Is Welcome / Christian's Chatbox Game/Party Night - May 4th@ 10pm Gmt -ALL CHRISTIANS INVITED / The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) (155) (156) ... (240) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by Nobody: 10:11pm On Jun 22, 2016
JackBizzle:

Make I drown for lagoon if I answer your question. grin

Did I not ask you a question first?

I asked you if you were still a christian, did you even reply? What are your beliefs, azzhole?

Abeg....park well.
I sincerely pity you. You don't grow intellectually. Every year same old you worn out by cyclic irrationality. How may I help you?
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by JackBizzle: 10:19pm On Jun 22, 2016
Reyginus:
I sincerely pity you. You don't grow intellectually. Every year same old you worn out by cyclic irrationality. How may I help you?

But...back in the day, I would have had the energy to take you seriously. Now, I'm more mature................

]So what are your beliefs? Say it na? lol......Lie mohammed Reyginus.

An anti atheist bigot like you, claiming to be smart? lmao
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by Nobody: 10:27pm On Jun 22, 2016
JackBizzle:

But...back in the day, I would have had the energy to take you seriously. Now, I'm more mature................

]So what are your beliefs? Say it na? lol......Lie mohammed Reyginus.

An anti atheist bigot like you, claiming to be smart? lmao
You always have energy for the wrong things. For the mentally and psychologically stagnated, it's easier the use the mind less. Don't take this serious. I'm a truth seeker.
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by wiegraf: 11:45pm On Jun 22, 2016
Reyginus:
What exactly did you say? What is the meaning of 'it depends' in this scenario?

it means it depends

I no get power to dey quote now abeg, but surely you know what 'depends' means, no?

ansah my questions, good ser
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by Nobody: 11:48pm On Jun 22, 2016
wiegraf:

it means it depends

I no get power to dey quote now abeg, but surely you know what 'depends' means, no?

ansah my questions, good ser
My Answer : It Depends.
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by wiegraf: 12:06am On Jun 23, 2016
Reyginus:
My Answer : It Depends.

-your god is subject to or sets a group of laws depending on external factors? he sounds confused. if it depends, then it would mean he is subject to laws.

so, your god is subject to the laws of morality, and does not supersede them. where did these laws come from? how were they ascertained?

-gay people hurting themselves - it depends? goot, so you understand this 'hurting' you allude to depends on a variety of factors. including, importantly, perspective?
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by JackBizzle: 3:06am On Jun 23, 2016
Reyginus:
You always have energy for the wrong things. For the mentally and psychologically stagnated, it's easier the use the mind less. Don't take this serious. I'm a truth seeker.

A truth seeker that can't honestly say what he believes in? Keep telling yourself lies

cheesy
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by smurfdaddy: 7:47am On Jun 23, 2016
www.afriqhub.com is a great place to discuss with like-minded people. grin
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by Nobody: 7:48am On Jun 23, 2016
wiegraf:

-your god is subject to or sets a group of laws depending on external factors? he sounds confused. if it depends, then it would mean he is subject to laws.

so, your god is subject to the laws of morality, and does not supersede them. where did these laws come from? how were they ascertained?

-gay people hurting themselves - it depends? goot, so you understand this 'hurting' you allude to depends on a variety of factors. including, importantly, perspective?
Lololol. My god? Lol. How is this about God when I'm serving you simple logic arguments? Seems the argument is easier for you when we sneak god in. You are yet to answer my question. Don't be like JackBizzle. Do an upgrade.
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by Nobody: 7:49am On Jun 23, 2016
JackBizzle:

A truth seeker that can't honestly say what he believes in? Keep telling yourself lies

cheesy
You've succeeded in taking stupidity to a new height. A truth seeker and a belief? Smh. Now I pity you.
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by dblackninja: 10:44am On Jun 23, 2016
Reyginus:
If you keep searching you'd see what I'm saying.

Lol you don't really know which tree to perch on grin Christianity?...No no no their portrayal/description of God is silly, just doesn't make sense.
Traditional Religion?...No no no..those people are just archaic, deluded sects.

Islamic R.?....Hell no! Blood thirsty vampires? I can't join that occultic group.

Atheism and the likes?.. Those people don't know what they are doing. They don't know that this universe is filled with supernaturals and there must be something more powerful than all of them.
Look at the man that lost his joystick just by mere command of another person. Or that old woman in my village that turns to Ìkwíkwí grin (owl) every night. If those people can do that, then there must be a power (God) over them. Let us all seek God in every way possible (though he's yet to talk or doesn't talk, but am sure as hell that he exists).

I pray you find whatever you're seeking for Rey.
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by Nobody: 11:12am On Jun 23, 2016
dblackninja:

Lol you don't really know which tree to perch on grin Christianity?...No no no their portrayal/description of God is silly, just doesn't make sense.
Traditional Religion?...No no no..those people are just archaic, deluded sects.

Islamic R.?....Hell no! Blood thirsty vampires? I can't join that occultic group.

Atheism and the likes?.. Those people don't know what they are doing. They don't know that this universe is filled with supernaturals and there must be something more powerful than all of them.
Look at the man that lost his joystick just by mere command of another person. Or that old woman in my village that turns to Ìkwíkwí grin (owl) every night. If those people can do that, then there must be a power (God) over them. Let us all seek God in every way possible (though he's yet to talk or doesn't talk, but am sure as hell that he exists).

I pray you find whatever you're seeking for Rey.
Amen. I pray you understand your own position?
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by dblackninja: 11:27am On Jun 23, 2016
Reyginus:
Amen. I pray you understand your own position?

Great. Yeah my position is quite clear, devoid of headaches and deceptions and open to new findings cool
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by Nobody: 12:18pm On Jun 23, 2016
dblackninja:

Great. Yeah my position is quite clear, devoid of headaches and deceptions and open to new findings cool
Is Atheism open to new findings? What sort of findings?
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by dblackninja: 12:58pm On Jun 23, 2016
Reyginus:
Is Atheism open to new findings? What sort of findings?

Agnostic atheism is quite open to new findings with concrete facts. Look at the origin of man, there's a whole lot we don't know yet. We are not hidebound or close-minded like our religious counterpart who will tell us tales as facts about the origin of man.
We're always open to new concrete findings following a not-so thorny steps---empirical steps.
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by Nobody: 1:01pm On Jun 23, 2016
dblackninja:

Agnostic atheism is quite open to new findings with concrete facts. Look at the origin of man, there's a whole lot we don't know yet. We are not hidebound or close-minded like our religious counterpart who will tell us tales as facts about the origin of man.
We're always open to new concrete findings following a not-so thorny steps---empirical steps.
Agnostic Theism? What is it about?
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by dblackninja: 1:13pm On Jun 23, 2016
Reyginus:
Agnostic Theism? What is it about?
I didn't say agnostic theism--that one is totally different on it's own. I said agnostic atheism.

You can google about it, there's a whole lot of topic on it. Let me just note down this excerpt:

Agnostic atheists are atheistic because they do not hold a belief in the existence of any deity and agnostic because they claim that the existence of a deity is either unknowable in principle or currently unknown in fact.
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by Nobody: 1:20pm On Jun 23, 2016
dblackninja:

I didn't say agnostic theism--that one is totally different on it's own. I said agnostic atheism.

You can google about it, there's a whole lot of topic on it. Let me just note down this excerpt:

Agnostic atheists are atheistic because they do not hold a belief in the existence of any deity and agnostic because they claim that the existence of a deity is either unknowable in principle or currently unknown in fact.
Yeah. Agnostic Atheism. You know, we've googled too much that people begin to redefine to escape so I'd go with your definition.

If I get you well it implies agnostic atheists are not open to the idea of any supernatural existence and not also open to any idea that a deity is knowable?
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by dblackninja: 1:27pm On Jun 23, 2016
Reyginus:
Yeah. Agnostic Atheism. You know, we've googled too much that people begin to redefine to escape so I'd go with your definition.

If I get you well it implies agnostic atheists are not open to the idea of any supernatural existence and not also open to any idea that a deity is knowable?
Not only is the nature of any supernatural being unknowable, but the existence of any supernatural being is unknowable as well.
We cannot have knowledge of the unknowable bro.
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by Nobody: 2:01pm On Jun 23, 2016
dblackninja:

Not only is the nature of any supernatural being unknowable, but the existence of any supernatural being is unknowable as well.
We cannot have knowledge of the unknowable bro.
So how did it arrive that the nature of any supernatural being is unknowable? Isn't the fact that it knows that something which is unknowable is unknowable a logical contradiction?
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by dblackninja: 2:18pm On Jun 23, 2016
Reyginus:
So how did it arrive that the nature of any supernatural being is unknowable? Isn't the fact that it knows that something which is unknowable is unknowable a logical contradiction?

Because supernatural beings, if there's any, can't be know in fact (in reality/positively). There's no fact to show otherwise.
What logical contradiction did you find?
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by Nobody: 2:22pm On Jun 23, 2016
dblackninja:

Because supernatural beings, if there's any, can't be know in fact (in reality/positively). There's no fact to show otherwise.
What logical contradiction did you find?
He doesn't get it. If something is unknowable can we ever know it is unknowable? Isn't any attempt at knowability a testament it is not unknowable?
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by JackBizzle: 2:28pm On Jun 23, 2016
Reyginus:
You've succeeded in taking stupidity to a new height. A truth seeker and a belief? Smh. Now I pity you.

?

Who cares about your foolish truth seeker title
Are you Richard Rahl?

What is your stance on religion/God? Atheist, Christian or deist?
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by dblackninja: 2:31pm On Jun 23, 2016
Reyginus:
He doesn't get it. If something is unknowable can we ever know it is unknowable? Isn't any attempt at knowability a testament it is not unknowable?

Maybe it's the wrong use of adjectives that is confusing you.
We can't have knowledge of the unknownable.. Is it possible to know something that cannot be known??
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by Nobody: 2:34pm On Jun 23, 2016
JackBizzle:

?

Are you Richard Rahl?

I am Rey the son of a Genus. The One the Gods want to be like. The alter on whose alter Men alter alter ego. How do I help you, Mortal Man?
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by Nobody: 2:36pm On Jun 23, 2016
dblackninja:

Maybe it's the wrong use of adjectives that is confusing you.
We can't have knowledge of the unknownable.. Is it possible to know something that cannot be known??
No, it's not the adjectives. So how do you know that what cannot be known cannot be known? Is it possible?
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by dblackninja: 2:40pm On Jun 23, 2016
JackBizzle:

?

Are you Richard Rahl?

Hahaha! Rey doesn't know which tree to perch on. Rey just believes there's a possibility of a God but still very confused, hence the high seeker status.
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by dblackninja: 2:44pm On Jun 23, 2016
Reyginus:
No, it's not the adjectives. So how do you know that what cannot be known cannot be known? Is it possible?
Quite simple, but what's your answer on my question with double question mark.
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by Nobody: 2:50pm On Jun 23, 2016
dblackninja:

Quite simple, but what's your answer on my question with double question mark.
You don't seem to get what I'm driving at. Let me make it plain now. The claim by Agnostic Atheism that you cannot know the unknowable is a logical contradiction. You can tie my answer to it.

Once you know that something cannot be knowable you've known something about it and once you know something about it it is no longer unknowable. Agnostic Atheism, if that's really the stance, has a very little understanding of what it's standing for.
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by redgem(f): 2:54pm On Jun 23, 2016
a friend of mine back then in school for five years, never stepped a foot into the four walls of a church... The first day he decided to attend one, something crazy happened...he dressed up, entered a bike and when he got to his then destination, getting down from the bike...in fact before his second foot could touch the ground, his trouser tore.... He returned immediately and never dreamt of church

Hahahahahahahahah.....I don't know if he is now an Atheist

Just wondering though..

Yep, you know yourself

1 Like

Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by dblackninja: 2:57pm On Jun 23, 2016
Reyginus:
You don't seem to get what I'm driving at. Let me make it plain now. The claim by Agnostic Atheism that you cannot know the unknowable is a logical contradiction. Once you know that something cannot be knowable you've known something about it and once you know something about it it is no longer unknowable. Agnostic Atheism, if that's really the stance, has a very little understanding of what it's standing for.
Oh Rey I know where you're driving to and you're very fast at that drivers seat, hence I wanna help you reduce your velocity.

This is not yet an answer to my double question marked question..

(1) (2) (3) ... (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) (155) (156) ... (240) (Reply)

Members Of Church Of Satan Meets Here / Nigerian Church Praise & Worship Songs Here / Seeing Demons, Angels, Fallen Angels, Spirits.. - Hsp's

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.